Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/11064370/r
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Is there an item dupe in DaS3?
I need t. Scales

LONDOR IS A SHITHOLE
YURIA IS A WHORE
KAATHE IS A JEW

Can we expect basegame changes from the dlc? Like more shortcuts between areeas.

Nth for Halberds are comfy

Chances near 0%

Why do they respawn when you sit at a bonfire, then?

Whats harder Ornstein/Smough or watcher/defender?

10/10 game, guys.

Watcher and Defender are not hard at all, they're slow and easy to predict/roll from, they don't hit that hard and they have no grabs, their buffs don't even actually add magical/lightning damage to their attacks, only make them hit harder with physical. The only real danger comes from accidentally rolling off the stage, or getting Giant's Kinship before facing them.

Watcher Defender.

like you could get the weapons and armor of the dlc basic enemies? or how you could obtain cool ranch demon's armor?

Hang on a minute, the Lords of Cinders are former Chosen Undead?

Watcher/Defender. If you do it right, they're only the firsts of a serie of three bosses.

Would it be fair to say that every weapon in the kiln is someone who kindled the flame, and then maybe more in other lands who are unaccounted for? Has anyone counted all the swords yet?

>hollow affiliated npc
>shit waifu
bite your tongue

just quit/load you lazy nigger

You can buy them, though.

Every weapon in the SoC arena used to belong to a Lord of Cinder
Every firekeeper corpse in the tower in Firelink Shrine represents a cycle that has passed between DaS 2 and 3, or maybe DaS 1 and 3 with 2 being an exception

>Get invaded about 6 steps into central Irrythill
>Look for invader, see him just before the claymore hollow plaza
>Curved Sword, Full thorns
>offer a 1v1
>He bolts into the horde
Really now, i wouldve jumped for a 1v1 oppurtunity; beats 4 man ganksquads

Does DaS2 counts as linking the fire though? The protagonist in it has nothing to do with the Fire.

>tfw you rate a message and it turns the messages symbol into the blue one
I feel so happy!

there's a lot of things that respawn when you sit at a bonfire. hell, even the destructibles do. are the destructibles undead?

Adding on Nashandra and Aldia isn't even that hard unless you blew all of your Estus on Watcher Defender (which you never should). Nashandra is easy to kill first-try as long as you're competent at rolling and know how to hit a stationary target. Aldia is even easier since his tells are all super obvious and he doesn't even move (plus he gives you all the time in the world to pop lifegems before he appears).

Shanalotte says "You, who link the fire" as you approach the Throne of Want, so I guess the answer is yes.

>implying that sitting on the throne is canon
>implying that the BotC didn't go hang out with Aldia

I... dunno.

I guess the part about things respawning may ignore the lore a bit.
Or maybe it's a rewind kind of thing.

>Shanalotte
Who?

It probably only seems that way because we haven't seen anything about the Sable Church except what Yuria lets us see.

>have a miracle they teach to outcasts that carries words of forgiveness, except it actually makes everything attack them
>has a miracle that makes corpses explode, and shit is so fucked up over there that this is considered a good thing
>their followers are all zealots trained as assassins, and their standing army is trained in swordplay and anti-magic strats
>by the way, their assassins and soldiers are undying, immortal, and eternally loyal
>all skilled in illusion and lying, every londor person shown so far is a liar
>kaathe is on their side, and you know he's up to shit
>direct access to the abyss and all that entails

>implying both endings aren't canon at once because muh convoluted time

Emerald Herald

Do you guys think Aldia is canonically the most powerful enemy/being in Dark Souls?

Ha, the cutie.

>>Dark Souls 2 protag beats him
Hell no

>video game introduces a cute character that you want to hug and make your queen
>fans make her a sex bomb
I feel conflicted.

>the only 100% immortal creature in the Dark Souls universe
definitely
I'm still mad that memezaki completely forgot about such an important character in DaS3, but brought back ordinary, weak undead like Patches, Kirk, Creighton and Andre

Sup

there is also the issue of minibosses. berenike knights and heide knights in vanilla are clearly undead, yet they don't respawn. well, actually im not sure if heide knights are undead, but they do respawn in sotfs, so there's still a conflict no matter what
>implying you beat him
>got no souls from killing him
>no drops
>can still hear him afterwards
>implying BotC wasn't the most overpowered motherfucker in the series

>dark souls 2 prtoag beats him
Did you play Scholar my friend? You dont even get any where close to beating him. Aldia gets bored so he says some important parting words and leaves to go chill.

>people STILL implying that even out of the DARK SOULS trilogy that BotC was the most powerful because he 'beat' a melodramatic head and found the cure for hollowing

How quickly do you think the fight went between SoC and Yhorm? How does anyone even stop a giant from linking the flame? It seems like literally any challenge set forth by anyone is trumped by "Im a giant."

>still no Dark Souls high school dating sim
I just want to flirt with the Emerald Heralt and fuck her silly in the butt in the toolshed.

Maybe it's just the last straw before they go completely hollow and give up.

everything that you listed is still less evil than what the Church of the Deep did
>their standing army is traiend in swordplay and anti-magic arts
>their assassins are skilled in illusion and lying
nothing wrong with these

>their assassins and soldiers are undying, immortal and eternally loyal
>exploding corpses are considered a good thing because damaging corpses/bleeding people out lengthens respawn time (see: Warden Twinblades)
inherent properties of a society of undead people

Aldia was weakened to a state where he had to run and hide. DaS2 protag beat him and will continue to do so.

>>implying BotC wasn't the most overpowered motherfucker in the series
No, because Slayer of Demons and the Hunter both exist, and of these two, the Hunter is easily the strongest

hey jojofaggot
FC

Listen here niggers, the following character names at an FC means trouble, and you should avoid FCs if the following are present

>Crusader/Burnt Vincent
>Drake
>Natalya
>Rules of nature
>Depression
>Heavy Knight
>Battlemage Ley/Ley
>Paddrick
>Samuel McClure
>Fyre
>Berke
>Dietrich
>Hierke
>Reginald
>Straylight
>Mikoto
>Zilrael
>Reckless Pete
>Alsatia
>Fudman
>Huntsman Andy
>Smug Loli
>BEANBADDY
>Lucio/Lucio the Wolf
>Ryye
>Dog
>Ariya
>Serene Haze
>Rhino
>Champion Conrad
>Quality
>any "LOL SO RANDUM XDDD" memer (judge by their clothes)
>anyone carrying a metacancer weapon
>anyone with minmaxer's armor

Define powerful

>had the greatest impact on the world
Manus by far, the abyss he created is the primary antagonist of the series and stopping it is the driving plot. He's also a solid contender for canon strongest in terms of brute force, his magic was no joke and he took out an entire kingdom by himself.

>had the greatest impact on the plot
Kaathe. He might've been the one who manipulated Oolacile into reviving Manus, and if so would be the one who caused all the bad shit in the game. His entire goal is to spread the abyss and create an age of dark, which is what the rest of the games are about stopping, assuming you don't side with him.

>was the outright strongest being in terms of sheer might
Gwyn in his prime, no contest. Killed multiple dragons, ruled over a whole age, divided his soul among several people and still had enough to link the fire, and his influence is still felt countless ages after his existence, and his soul still lingers and retains a bit of its original identity even after being merged with the Soul of Cinder.

Aldia was a guy who tried and failed to find a way out of the endless cycle. Manus was the one who started the cycle in the first place, Gwyn is the one who set up a system to delay the cycle for as long as possible, and Kaathe is the one who finally broke it in the end.

>des
>bb
>when we're talking about DARK souls

We need a csgo team name can u guys help?
strawpoll.me/11064370/r

this is SOULS general, and both DeS and BB are in the op, so keep crying

I thought the dark and the Abyss were different, with the abyss being some kind of darkness going wild?

I doubt it

>Meme Herald is sitting by the bonfire and wiggling her feet
>occasionally she goes to watch the ocean
>takes her hood off at Drangleic Castle
I want a cute Herald gf! Or not even have to be a gf, just a friend I could do cute stuff with.

>crying
>in Dark Souls
>being a blind retard that can't follow a simple discussion string

>Andre
>A weak undead
Smiths are perhaps the most likely to survive people in the Dark Souls universe. Andre never even died, he's been alive this entire time.

The Lords of Cinder don't fight the Soul of Cinder, they only fight the former lord.
Only the Ashen one fight the Souls of Cinder.

Paddrick is a passive cunt

there is nothing to fear from the Dark, it's embrace is gentle and soothing, young Undead. the antagonist that he's talking about is indeed the Abyss

>Hosting an FC near Pontiff
>Faggot Aldrich Faithful invades and starts attacking me
>Everyone else in the FC gangs up on him
>He runs towards the giants and the deacons
>He's way off in the distant now
>Dark weeaboo spirit named "Nagito" with apparently absolutely pumped FTH invades right in front of where the faggot is and oneshots him with a sunlight spear as he runs by

I love fight clubs

Oh, fuck. What I meant was 10 'people' (or 9 people and 1 large group of people) have linked the fire. We don't know how many of them were Undead.

Also, 'Chosen Undead' as a group is not a thing. The Chosen Undead was just the one guy who got tricked into setting himself on fire by Gwyndolin.

Undead who've linked the fire are the Chosen Undead and the Abyss Watchers. The Bearer of the Curse might have but I imagine the Aldia ending is the canon one.

Yhorm was a giant, Gwyn was a god. We don't know what race Ludleth is for sure, but probably human or undead. We don't know about the other three Lord of Cinder forms though I'd imagine undead. Lothric is probably some human-god crossbreed. Aldrich was some sort of unique slime monster by the time he linked, but it's hard to say what race he was because we don't know if Irithyll's population were mostly human, god or something else.

Very well might be, which would put the number of linkers at a very large amont. If every dead Firekeeper in Firelink shrine served a linker, that would also put up the count.

And, tere might have been linkers from other lands, though ultimately they'd all end up in the same kiln I imagine.

Prince Lothric did link the fire.
>Has a throne in Firelink Shrine
>Is a Lord of Cinder - someone who has linked the fire
>Drops Cinders of a Lord
>Sets on fire in his second phase - watch him on Lorian's back
>Calls his and Lorian's room their grave, implying they've already died before

He and Lorian did refuse to link the fire, sometime in the past. They must have been forced to at some point though. Their descriptions say they ran far, far away to watch the fire fade - and their bedroom overlooking Firelink Shrine is not 'far, far away.' They refused to in life, ran away, got hauled back and burnt up, then when revived ran away again like the rest of the lords.

The abyss is dark with a will of its own. The product of Manus's sorcery. And according to a DaS3 item description, all spells cast using humanity seek a will of their own.

>dark chasm of old was literally the abyss

So the dark beads are mini-abysses created from the spellcaster's own darkness?

>implying the dark chasm of old wasn't comfy as fuck

>They refused to in life, ran away, got hauled back and burnt up, then when revived ran away again like the rest of the lords.
then why weren't they revived by the Bell of Awakening, along with the other 3 LoC that you need to fetch?

The Bell revived
>Aldrich
>Farron's Undead Legion
>Yhorm
no mention of Lothric

I kinda liked the music in the first one.

>Patches
Transcends entire game aeries
>Kirk
An odd one

>Creighton
Underatandable aince he's undead.

>Andre
He has a connection to the Gods because he even knew the blacksmith of the Gods, meaning he had admittance to the city of Gods.

in that case there is an extremely close andre lookalike ragdolling at the bottom of my parish :^)
seriously though, he respawns if you kill him, what tells you he didn't die ever?

Where can I see the new dark soul trailer and read more about the upcoming dlc

>the intro video doesn't show prince lothric when mentioning the past lords who came back
>the back of lothric's throne talks about lothric as though he hasn't yet linked the fire
>no item description states he linked the fire, despite all the other cinders mentioning their owners did
>calling the room their grave could just as easily mean they planned to die there

You can't actually prove prince lothric ever linked the first flame.

The black serpent spell implies as much, and the original Pursuers was called the sorcery of Manus and created mini humanity sprites that chased stuff down much like the large humanity sprites in his abyss do.

So Manus twisted the dark into the Abyss?

How fucking powerful is he? WHO is he?

Tomorrow. Sony "accidentally" posted info a day early and then pulled it all shortly after.

>SayonaraZetsubouSensei'sCheeleader.png
"Accidentally", yeah.

I want to add a few names to this. Please also avoid
>THE HAMMER
>Krile
>Vyro
>Anime Sucks

THE HAMMER sits in ornstein cosplay with a great hammer and just lies on the ground for literally hours if he has to and wastes everyone's time, Vyro and Krile are Aldrich Faithful FC host ganking faggots, the former of which uses exclusively a Farron Greatsword and nothing else, and Anime Sucks only uses Dark Edge and has practically infinite FP to the point where fighting him is extremely un-fun

HES ME!!!

>tfw frequent fight clubs but not on the list
wew lad

Ís Run Ganker Run someone from here? He's some edgy kid called "You are doomed" on steam, using havels shield and dark sword with lagswitch on his quest against gankers, believing to be in the right and is doing this for weeks now

So question, in the Profaned Capital, the big fire that shoots at you, could that be the lord vessel with the souls in it?

And nobody downloaded it?

>complaining about the Farron Greatsword and Dark Edge
how fucking bad at the game are you, my man?

>My individual actions in-game mean that Andre died in lore
They couldnt keep him dead in-game, but lore-wise I am fairly certain that smiths just do not die. They have literally 0% reason to die or be killed, and its not like a random hollow is going to kill him. Undead are killed by 2 things: a loss of purpose, and other undead. Andre literally will never lose sense of purpose until the world stops needing weapons, and that time hasnt come yet.

the Dark inherently has a will of it's own, even Deep spells track. Homing Soulmass tells you that the attraction to living things is an inherent feature of the Dark (something Logan was on the verge of discovering, apparently).

the Abyss is Humanity that has gone out-of-control and mutated, and if you can control this mutated humanity, then you enjoy more power than otherwise available.

The Dark Soul
dur

Also, as a blacksmith, Andre is fed probably millions of souls.

I ran into him too. Scary guy lmao

God bless him

the
furtive
pygmy

>Dark Edge spam
Out of all the spells to spam, Dark Edge is one of the easiest to evade
Are you trying to outtrade a Dark Edge user?

>Wastes everyones time
Kill him and dont summon him

>Aldrich Faithfull FC host gankers
These sound like randoms

there should be base game changes in covenants AT THE VERY LEAST

BB literally added a new covenant FREE and new npc hunter locations

>listing yourself first
oh kakyoin

I've played against the hammer and he's never done that, he just does it until it's his turn and then goes absolute fucking ham with the demon great hammer

I'll give him credit for being pretty funny though in his overall character

doubt it but i'm 90% sure someone else has posted about him too
FUCKING HELL WHY DO YOU GUYS KEEP RESPONDING SERIOUSLY TO OBVIOUSLY JOKE POSTS
I SWEAR TO GOD, I HAVE TO STATE IT ON THE NAME THAT IM JOKING
holy shit you're daft

Is there any evidence to this tho

>How fucking powerful is he?
Powerful enough to twist the dark into the abyss by himself, meaning tremendously powerful. Even after his death and defeat the abyss continues to threaten the world.

>WHO is he?
Nobody knows. From the info that does exist about him, he was an incredibly ancient human ("primeval" is the word used) and apparently a highly skilled sorcerer who knew how to cast magic using humanity. He was also dead before Oolacile people dug up his corpse and reanimated him.

Speculation is he was the Furtive Pygmy, but the game neither supports nor denies this.

That's all pretty likely. Although, the Father of the Abyss having a signature spell that controls humanity seems way too convenient to be a coincidence.

>guy invades
>try to duel him

Not saying he's using a fair tactic, but if a host tries to duel me I either BC out or hide by the boss to force them to do the whole thing with no bonfires

If he ever decided to put them to use and become kindel for the flame, that fucker would burn brightly for a millennia. The SoC would end up really, really buff too, and learn how to drop kick you.

They did, but the few who tried uploading it got it taken down immediately. Apparently, only the dumb ones got to it in time.

No mention of Ludleth, either. I imagine they wanted to keep him as a surprise for some reason.

No Ludleth mentioned, either.

No it doesn't. It just says 'last hope of his line.'

No item mentions the reasons the Watchers linked. No item mentions the reason Ludleth linked. Not item mentions the reason Aldrich linked - we get that info from Hawkwood.

>they planned to die there
Oh yeah which is why they're so willing to let you kill them? I guess the Undead Legion mausoleum is just where the Abyss Watchers were 'planning to die,' and that Aldrich's grave is just 'where he was planning to die.'

Manus is the Furtive Pygmy in all likelihood. He probably didn't create the Abyss intentionally. When he became Manus he lost his mind and was just driven by very faint memories and emotions. If he was the Furtive Pygmy, the Dark Soul might have still been in his body by the time he died, and when he was resurrected it went wild and created the Abyss, just like the Witch's life soul created Chaos.

I want a mimic to link the fire.

Just to have the Soul of Cinder doing a roundhouse kick.

>Although, the Father of the Abyss having a signature spell that controls humanity seems way too convenient to be a coincidence.
but Pursuers isn't actually that special. I mean, yeah, they track, but so does Black Serpent, Deep Soul, Great Deep Soul, etc. Yes, the spell has little eyes on it, but doesn't Dark Bead have eyes on them as well?

The furtive pygmy was the first human and had the original Dark Soul that he split into pieces to create other humans. Kaathe seems to be interested in him.

Elizabeth calls Manus the "Primeval Man". His humanity was so powerful that he created the Abyss when he went mad. Chester tells us that Manus was reincarnated because a Serpent ordered so.

I thought i might as well make the offer, he came back eventually but tried luring me into the horde
I swapped to WoB and waited for a Sent bud to get the red while i killed the mooks

He invaded again near Pontiff's foggate, where the invasion spawn is on the ledge opposite the fog apparently
>He sees me
>Immediatly backrolls into the pontiff knights
To be honest that looked pretty hilarious

>Andre is always seen smithing Estocs
>coincidentally they just happen to be meta weapons
>yfw all the Estocshitters are keeping Andre busy so that he doesn't Hollow

DEEPEST LORE