Car guys are more interested in 100 year old technology than brand new electric vehicle technology

>car guys are more interested in 100 year old technology than brand new electric vehicle technology

This is how you know the car community is filled with 100 IQ manchildren bro dudes.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ieimw3a6Sow
youtube.com/watch?v=C_r5UJrxcck
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>New technology is reliable and safe

more so than any vehicle ever created.

shoo shoo tesla shill
You've already made 5 posts. Go away

not a tesla shill. any electric vehicles are impressive.

pretty sure electric cars existed before gasoline did

>people shilling tesla without knowing what real EV power is near me
0-60 in sub-3?
that's cute

Good god that front end is hideous.

No worse than you in the fiat threads faggot.

>car made to pander to millennials
>no originality
>every car in a model series will always be the same
>only difference is how much charge it can hold
>no customization
>no ability to fix for yourself
>overheating when pushed to the limit, no way to get around it
>bland design
>gimmicks everywhere, none of which are focused on driving
>made for convenience and commodity, not fun
>autopilot so you don't even drive the car
>car drives you from a to b while you fuck off and text
>no connection between car and driver
>car is basically another appliance
>100k+ price tags
>9,000 to download an update to use the full battery when you already paid for the whole car

Yeah, how dare we hate it.

this. steam and electric propulsion for automobiles predate the common combustion engine.

>he chooses his hobbies and interests by calculating what makes him appear more intelligent to others

>he chooses his hobbies and interests by calculating what makes him appear as if he has a larger dick to others

Sorry about your micropenis.

>own tesla model s
>7.5" dick

stay mad with your old poormobile

>he chooses his hobbies and interests by calculating what makes him appear above the rest of the people, as well as shitting on anyone who likes to have fun doing anything that isn't what he's doing

nah, we're here for fun, not for penis storage. if they had a huge one, they would be looking at an MR or RR for all that frontal space.

>literally can't stop thinking about other guys cocks
>actually posts benis size to win arguments on a cantonese cartoon forum

>it takes more intelligence to buy a car than to restore and rebuild one

nice bait

Caveman here.
Can I mod it?
Or when I go to the dragstrip will I be deadlocked with the guy in the next lane?
Is it aftermarket friendly?
Or are the only parts I can buy are from the manufacturer?
Can I drive from Florida to California only taking 10 minute piss/fuel breaks?
Oh wait I know the answer to that one- NOPE.

>so poor that he needs to buy a fucked up car to see if he can restore it

don't lie.

youtube.com/watch?v=ieimw3a6Sow

>so poor he buys a car to run on virtual gasoline

Electric cars are about just as old

>implying restoring cars is a cheap job

Summer's in full swing, boys.

so you just like to waste money, then

>spending money doing something you enjoy is "wasting money"
can't you just stop being poor near me please

>poor people restore cars

Obviously, you haven't looked at parts and labor prices recently.

>he enjoys dumb work

Post bread on hood or else migrobenis

>pre ordering
>confirmed DLC on the new model S

Tesla is cancer

>work
I'm guessing you were last pick for school sports too

>too

lol

youtube.com/watch?v=C_r5UJrxcck

>100 year old technology
>not electric
ebin trickster
does 1832 ring any bells?

>brand new electric vehicle technology
Try 200 year old technology :^). Electric cars are older than the gasoline engine itself.

>what is the 1959 gm X frame which was used one year only
>what is rust and metal fatigue
>iihs never proved there was an engine in the obvious rust bucket they bought.

>millennials will never understand the engineering and science that went in to designing carburetors.

Carburetors are really under appreciated imo. They are an ingenious answer to a tricky question.

Its one of those old elegant things that were made completely obsolete by relatively boring computers.

They are still used in all racing applications that matter.

fuck off boomer

IIHS thinks up new crashes all the time to keep cars from looking safe. So the insurance companies that pay them can justify their rates and payouts.

>no originality
>gas engine is very original
>no customization
You can tune an electric car's suspension, much like any other car. You can do an engine swap, much like any other car
>no ability to fix for yourself
If you're a retard :^)
>overheating when pushed to the limit, no way to get around it
Actually, there is. Fans are used to cool most electric motors.
>gimmicks everywhere, none of which are focused on driving
Like powered windows, sound systems, trunk space, etc.?
>made for convenience and commodity, not fun
Gasoline powered cars aren't made for convenience and commodity?
>autopilot so you don't even drive the car
So, turn off the autopilot and drive the car.
>car drives you from a to b while you fuck off and text
Like many people behind the wheel of a gas-powered car
>no connection between car and driver
See above
>car is basically another appliance
dictionary.com:
Appliance:
an instrument, apparatus, or device for a particular purpose or use.
I'm assuming by this definition, a gas powered car is an appliance
>100k+ price tags
Really? Gas powered Koenigseggs are less than 100k? What about Ferrari? What about Lamborghini?
>9,000 to download an update to use the full battery when you already paid for the whole car
That's a specific issue with a specific car. Not electric cars in general.
Oh, and no cherry-picked images of electric cars in fiery infernos?
>this message was brought to you by Exxon

>You can do an engine swap, much like any other car
My ass. You could do a whole thread on why thats both a stupid idea and why it is probably impossible.

i bet this kid put his float bowl in upside down kek

also 22 y/o

>If you're a retard :^)
You're locked out of a Tesla that needs maintenance, Tesla will not sell you spare parts, Tesla will not provide service manuals unless you live in Massachusetts. It's literally an Iphone.

>its one of those "le born in the wrong era" faggots

kek

Yeah, and the fans are terrible. If the S didn't overheat, then maybe it could beat a Golf around the Nurburgring, even with its numb handling.

>implying
I was born in the perfect era where i can DD a carbureted car and piss off liberals at the same time.

No service manual...

Fuck that, nobody should be locked into dealership networks for repairs!

>I drive an old shitbox!
>aren't you pissed off by that

top kek, gotta protect that virginity right?

You could try to provide facts to refute that point you decided to counter.
I'm willing to listen.
>Tesla will not sell you spare parts
If they want to go out of business :^)
You could be locked out of a chebby that needs needs maintenance, but you voided your warranty.

The only thing worse than memeing about an electric car
>Is unironically owning a nissan

Tesla is too jew to even create some dealers or service shops.

go be jewish somewhere else

>white trash begging for another ban

>batteries and motors
VS
>harnessing controlled explosions

Sorry I like the sound of a Porsche 917 over the iphone-like noise of a Tesla. Maybe you should get your testosterone levels checked, OP

Compared to your 90's shitbox, mine has collectibility.

>If they want to go out of business :^)
Once again Tesla will not provide you with spare parts. You will need to somehow get your vehicle to a service center, no mom&pop shops, no home delivery for OEM.

> but you voided your warranty.
If you even look at your Tesla funny it will void the warranty.
Tesla is known for bullshit warranties that are on par with digital games.
by the way, you don't own a Tesla, ever, even if you paid it off.

gasoline burns, it doesn't explode

>mine has collectibility.

>Corvairs aren't collectible
:^)

My internet is going at the speed of smell right now so I cant grab any sources, but basically the motors have a lot more to them then just being able to produce torque. If you somehow found a better one that still can fit in the tiny space where the old one was, Im willing to wager that the car wouldn't even start, because the computer would be seeing total failure from the diagnostic system, because there is none. So you'd need to find a motor that can convince the computer its a real Tesla one, and then somehow fit it in a space that can barely be modified, because the thing's been designed for one specific motor. Then you've got to worry about the batteries exploding, because your better motor is going to be drawing more amps then the last one. Assuming it CAN draw more power. Dunno how they've made the computer work. The whole system is very much like a game console or a phone in the sense that its strength comes from knowing exactly whats in it, which also means that whats in it has to stay in it.

An explosion is just rapid combustion

>You can tune an electric car's suspension, much like any other car. You can do an engine swap, much like any other car

Hardly, you make any modifications to the car and tesla will immediately know.

Like a computer, the fan needs good air flow. I'm blaming the manufacturer.

>deemed "unsafe at any speed"
>collectible

>Tesla is the only electric car manufacturer

The only one that's actually made something worth buying. Who else has built an electric car that isn't totally outclassed by a cheaper ICE one?

it's the only one that's fun

m8 i've probably taken harder corners in that thing faster than you ever have.

>user in charge of tire pressure.
>user in charge of knowing how to drive RR
>grasping so hard as to quote false rhetoric

holy shit i b dyin

The most fun modern car I've ever driven was a BMW 1 series e drive prototype. That thing was genuinely hilarious. No m235i was nearly as good

>LEAFs, Volts, Focuses aren't worth buying
Just because the demand isn't high don't mean they're not worth buying.
These cars are getting dealer cash, and government grant cash. >cheaper

>muh e-peen:the argument

>Hurr I know nothing about corvairs.

>cuck gets most fun out of a cuck car

What a suprise

EV enthusiasts and modders will be an entirely different breed of people from old-school car guys because the skillset and competencies needed to mod and maintain them are totally different. So yes, obviously everyone here is going to shit on EVs because they can't understand them

>Tiny rwd car with great chassis, shit tires and huge torque
>Somehow not fun
Spotted the weeb. Go home alphonse

>run a car with starter motors
what's not to understand?

Ill admit I know nothing about the Leaf. The Volt is a hybrid that gets most of its range from the little four banger, so that doesn't really count. The Focus costs quite a bit more then the base gas one, and has a pretty uninspiring range, performance and charge time.

Millenials can't change their own oil yet you think they're gonna motor swap their electric car, learn electronics, and handle working around instant death levels of electricity?

If you can even mod them. The added complexity of the system wont stop us from trying to change stuff just because we can't understand it, but because if we change anything it will upset the carefully made balance that the engineers have spent thousands of hours designing and probably make something melt or fuse.

2bh m8, engine swapping isn't the most difficult thing when you don't have an ECU having a stroke.

they genuinely think it will be as easy as tuning on forza

>Tesla
Tesla is not the only manufacturer of electric cars, so that would only be a problem in Teslas.
>you've got to worry about the batteries exploding
I'm aware of that. That's why you upgrade the battery, or wire it in parallel so each cell only pulls a certain amount of amps. Much like a gas engine swap, you still have problems that need to be taken care of: gas line, intake, exhaust, computer.
>The whole system is very much like a game console
I would assume the system being modded would also require a system upgrade. I'm thinking an open source raspberry pi computer. Or, if computer savvy, one could mod the existing computer's binary instructions.
I see what you're saying. An electric motor swap is obstructive, but it's certainly not impossible.

>yfw millenial
>yfw I rebuild carburetors and engines every day
>yfw nissan will NEVER win le mans

shoo shoo jew

That shit looks like Pepsi Man when he would do the succ

>votes democrat

You mean like the starter used to rev the crankshaft to initiate the combustion?

>bitches and moans about carbs all fucking day in /dbt/

we all know you're a hypocrite but at least pretend you aren't you fucking sleazeball.

no i mean just put four starter motors on four wheels and sit on a big lead acid battery and you have an electric car.

>Tesla is not the only manufacturer of electric cars, so that would only be a problem in Teslas.
All the stuff I said still applies.
>I'm aware of that. That's why you upgrade the battery, or wire it in parallel so each cell only pulls a certain amount of amps. Much like a gas engine swap, you still have problems that need to be taken care of: gas line, intake, exhaust, computer.
These batteries are the whole reason electric cars are even able to compete today. Each one is a fucking marvel thats custom built for this application by professionals. Nobody at home is going to be able to do better. And its not like you can just buy a better one that fits the same form factor as the old one, because energy density is a bitch, and is why we're all not driving EV's right now. Plus even the smaller capacity ones cost more then most cars.
>I would assume the system being modded would also require a system upgrade. I'm thinking an open source raspberry pi computer. Or, if computer savvy, one could mod the existing computer's binary instructions.
Unless your name is John Carmack, thats not going to happen.

It uses literal laptop batteries made by panasonic

>costs quite a bit more then the base
grant/dealer cash
The problem isn't so much range, it's infrastructure. There are batteries capable of 300+miles on a single charge. The afforementioned electric cars have a short range, but I think lack of demand prevents supply of cars with such batteries.

It has the same form factor, but its a hell of a lot better then the 18650 in your laptop.

>he wants someone who blames everyone else for his problems instead of trying to find a solution

carbs suck ass but at least I am getting paid to do it.

>>he wants someone who blames everyone else for his problems instead of trying to find a solution

>he wants someone whose only motivation is to own the one house she can't buy.

Even with the maximum possible tax credit the thing is still 4k over a base model where I live. Also we're extreme jews up here because it only applies to the first 10k applicants, which I think has already passed seeings how the government page has 404'd.

you can't buy windsor castle, but she doesn't want that. you can't buy the vatican, but she doesn't want that.
>but no, you want the guy who literally wants to buy his way into the one house you can't buy

>Each one is a fucking marvel
Lithium ion batteries are not a marble. Changing how the cells are wired is not a marble either.
Sure, they're custom built, but each battery has two terminals and two specifications (amps, volts) .