So, my local Fiat/Alfa dealership will have his first 124's on the lot this weekend...

So, my local Fiat/Alfa dealership will have his first 124's on the lot this weekend. I already have my appointment to test drive one. Sadly no Abarth's in the first shipment but he expects to have those by July. I can honestly say I am pretty pumped

Other urls found in this thread:

atpturbo.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=TP&Product_Code=ATP-FIAT-014&Category_Code=
stainlessheaders.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

nice, i look forward to reading your thoughts.

any word on when the abarths will arrive? and if it'll have the abarth steering wheel?

I think it's a great alternative to the miata, the longer flatter hood makes it look good. I'm not sure what to think of the engine, the exhaust note doesn't sound as good as it was hyped to be. What about the turbo? Does it make any good turbo sounds stock or would that be easy to do?

>not sure what to think of the engine
its a 1.6 liter
not too much to consider

Expects to have Abarths by next month. I'm on a short list of like...3 other people who have been blowing them up about an Abarth over the last few months

I have driven the ND 5 separate times now, twice again this week just to have the experience fresh in my mind going to sit in a 124. based on reviews, I expect the Abarth 124 will be better in all respects. Not sure how a bog standard one will measure up, but I look forward to finding out.

The greatest thing about the engine in the 124 is that it can EASILY be tuned to extract 220+ hp. From what I've been told, the exhaust will sound pretty much identical to a 500 Abarth, with is plenty sexy enough for me already

wut theres Alfa dealers in the USA?

You sound like some sort of salesman.

watercooler around where I work says they'll get destroyed by depreciation over a couple of years, the same way the FRS/BRZ did

could probably pick one up in two or three years for around 8k

I think he runs a pick-and-pull in PA somewhere. Not a salesman, just an honest blue-collar guy who's passionate about cars.

Oh, it's a Fiat, so it will be destroyed by depreciation in the first couple of years. The only reason I am considering new is that if I DID get one, I'll be keeping it for 10-15 years, and I'd be willing to pay the premium to get one that was never molested/beat on by someone else

They won't fall to 8K, but I'll expect them to follow a depreciation curve similar to the 500 Abarth, which means 2-3 year old ones will likely sell for 16-18K depending on mileage and options.

Lurk moar

I don't fall for trip stories

>in a thread started by a trip, reading what a trip posts
Well golly gee Mary.

Yes or the Chrysler dealerships would sell them too.

>They won't fall to 8K, but I'll expect them to follow a depreciation curve similar to the 500 Abarth, which means 2-3 year old ones will likely sell for 16-18K depending on mileage and options.

i dunno, the 124 seems like an entirely different beast compared to the 500. I think there's a good chance the Abarth will hold its value.

I mean, the abarth is like the first factory turbocharged rwd roadster under 2500lbs since... forever?

>turbocharged italian engine made in a way that cuts cost
yeah that's going to depreciate like crazy

the 1.4 multi-air is actually really reliable though. Engines have never been fiat's problem

the positive is that it fills a market segment that i think a lot of people have been waiting for, and the abarth gives us the mazdaspeed miata that mazda is never going to fucking make

the negative is it says fiat on the front

the engines been out for 7 years, its been very reliable...

and it's attached to the NC miata transmission which can handle upwards of 300+ torques reliably on the track

I don't see how it's gonna depreciate either. It's literally a Mazda apart from the engine.

It's because the largest factor that goes into depreciation is brand image, and Fiat hasn't gotten over that hump in the US market yet. The average person isn't gonna know it's basically a clone of a MX-5.

Now, I COULD see these doing a bit of a boomerang, after 2-3 years of steep depreciation you start to see things firm up a lot after people start figuring out what they actually are.

Same engine from the 500, which hasn't had any reliability issues

>the abarth gives us the mazdaspeed miata that mazda is never going to fucking make

I hate mazda for not making a mazdaspeed, but i hate the people who say the current ND has enough power even more.

Fuck those people.

MARY

Can i discredit this then?

>consumer reports

absolutely worthless

>consumer reports
Anyways Fiat's rating bar on every companies reliability reports are going to look so weird after the 124.
Bulletproof NC transmission, reliable engine, mazda electronics, put together in japan. Only thing Fiat could POSSIBLY fuck up are their own dampers, springs, and anti-roll bars that they're putting in.
Unless by some miracle Fiat manage to fuck it up, that reliability bar is going to be a mile long, from the least reliable to up there along with some of the most reliable.

>if I put a meme arrow in front of something I can discredit it!

fiats are ratings are still probably going to be pretty low because of the other shit they make

hopefully the 124 will gain a good reputation as a shared chassis car, like the saabaru

MFW I own a 2013 abarth 500.

MFW It's been more reliable than any other car I have owned /own:

1970 Oldsmobile Rallye 350
1986 Toyota Celica GT
1984 Nissan 300zx Turbo
1998 Mitsubishi Montero
2012 Camar-slow LS.

Literally commuted with it, 70 miles 5 days a week for the past 1.5 years and hoon it like a madman on the weekends.

It's never left me stranded, it's never failed to get me home in ice / snow .

If the new Abarth 124 is half as good, I'll be perfectly happy having one and slapping on the inevitable performance mods to make it hectic.

>a fiat

Maybe the aerodynamics and low weight will help the owner push it to the shop faster

I drive cabs

are these ones at least not made in mexico?

consumer reports is worthless though

>EASILY be tuned to extract 220+ hp
>EASILY
This will turn out to not be true. It never is with turbo cars. Chip tuners ALWAYS make optimistic claims they can't actually deliver on.
I do believe 220hp can be achieved with the motor after spending around $6000 more.

>$6000 more.

probably more like $2500, just send your turbo to these guys, bolt it back in and go to a shop for a tune.

atpturbo.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=TP&Product_Code=ATP-FIAT-014&Category_Code=

>mfw
that's not very good competition for reliability...

But you'll need another intercooler, $1000. Exhaust and down pipe, $1500. Tune $800. And a bunch of other niggly parts. But yeah, you will need a bigger turbo too, $3500.

you don't really need to upgrade the intercooler since the 124 comes with a front mount one that gets plenty of air. And the abarth doesn't have a very restrictive exhaust as you can probably tell from the videos.

the 500 yes, because it uses two small ones in that cramped engine bay

And all for a 1.4L engine with displacement limited potential

FMIC doesn't mean it won't need a newer one to run cooler. It remains to be seen though. I would just count on the need for an aftermarket one.

>And all for a 1.4L engine with displacement limited potential

it's a good thing the 124 isn't some 3200lb sedan then.

At 2400lbs, 10lb / 1 hp power to weight ratio is pretty attainable even with the limited displacement.

Can't say the same for the ND or the BRZ

It doesn't need to run cooler.. you don't need an intercooler at all.
it makes 230 with the stock intercooler and just a turbo.

>exhaust $1500
>tune $800
>intercooler $1000
where the fuck do you buy your parts? are you australian? those prices are retarded.

you were wrong just accept it and move on

Those prices are conservative. A good down pipe alone can cost $1000 easily.

>you don't need an intercooler at all.
Also LOL Hahahahhahahahhhhah

not in the US.
stop buying mail order parts out of the back of superstreet mags.

$1000 for even a 321 stainless downpipe is full retard.
You can get a whole set of custom stainless headers (4cyl) for not much more than that.

>stop buying mail order parts out of the back of superstreet mags.
That's what you're doing. Using ebay parts. You're totally unrealistic about prices.

>a turbo won't function without an intercooler
hello boyracer

Stop shitposting
>I can make 60 more hp with just a tune
LOL

stainlessheaders.com/

metal is metal, bud.

$1000 for even a 321 stainless piece of 3" tubing is fucking idiotic.

Maybe to have someone design it and install it for you on top of welding it, but I'm not an idiot so this doesn't apply to me.

Actually you probably could

>implying you can't

people have been doing shit like this for a long ass time

I'm not shitposting.. it makes 230 on the stock intercooler. Are you retarded or..? I don't know how else to explain it to you.

If you wanted more power then you could get a bigger more efficient intercooler, but it wouldn't cost $1000 and you wouldn't need it to make 230, as evident by previous poster.

>headers
You won't find a high flow downtube that's street legal for $300 like a set of headers which are literally empty tubes.

..........I'm at a loss for words.
I'm done replying to this video game player.

No. People have CLAIMED it. None of the tuners have ever actually come close to the numbers they claim. They are usually 20-30hp off. Seriously.

10lb / 1 hp ratio on brz or ND miata?

you'd have to shell out $5k-7k or higher and turbo a high compression engine

Then the brz may suffer from cooling issue due to cramped engine bay and the miata's second gear may explode as you drive down the street for the first time with all that torque.

>street legal
>engine components

california is that you

I laughed when APR's claim of 50hp more with a Stage 1 tune for VAG 2.0T turned out to be only 10 hp more after car after car with the tune was dyno'd at Waterfest.
>B-ut VAG
It's every fucking tune buddy. They all lie. It's called "salesmanship".

What state say's you don't have to have a catalytic converter?

here's a 200whp dyno from tork motorsports, but yea to break 200whp I think the turbo needs to be upgraded

are you confusing downpipe with an entire turbo back exhaust
the downpipe stops at the precat or at the cat.

you dont need new exhaust anyway 2.5 or w/e it is is big enough for 200hp

Fucking down pipes have catalytic converters in them spaz.

and?

220hp. Stop moving the goal post.

And $1000 for a good high flow one. NOT $300 for an empty tube.

What state actually checks?

dont need 3" for anything less than 300hp. don't 3" at all, you can make 500hp on 2.5", but you will make more if you open it up.
and you moved the goalpost when you decided it had to be "emissions legal" with new cats.
$1000 is still high even with cats.

So why did they make it so ugly?

It's a 1.4, dumb burger.

>thinking Fiat cuts costs on engines
>thinking Fiat had any issues with engine reliability since... ever?
>not knowing Fiat is responsible for many technology advancements regarding engines
>not knowing Fiat invented the common rail technology and all engines with said technology were built under Fiat's license
>not knowing the multijet and multiair awarded technologies are groundbreaking
>not knowing Fiat is responsible for the flexible manufacturing system which is is used by the majority of automobile manufacturers, google 'Comau Spa'

You're an ignorant double-nigger, tbqh.

fiat ugly

>FIAT: The car will fall to pieces before the engine has a chance to

That's exactly why you still see fuckloads of old ones on the road.

Fuck do you live, Italy?