Trucks

>be me
>driving at anytime of day
>pull up to stop light next to any truck
>truck fucking floors it as soon as light turns green
>be stuck next to same truck at next red light
Why does this happen Veeky Forums?

The lack of power they feel in every day life is compensated for by mashing the accelerator.

One out of ten times, they make it through the green light, and they have enough money to not give a fuck about the minute amount of gas they're wasting

Everyone does it. You just have confirmation bias, like people that expect trucks to accelerate slowly and stay at or below the speed limit like a bunch of old farts and then rage when they switch lanes and find out the truck had a faster driver than the brand new sport trim sedan.

>Truck goes speed limit
"Why do truck drivers think they own the road, like they're allowed to hold everyone else up"
>Truck goes fast
"Wow you're fast m8!!!1!!1! So unimpressed I'm going to start a thread about dis"

I don't even own a truck, but you're a queer for bitching about it. People drive how they will, and hopefully drive what they like. Not everyone needs to stretch their $10 worth of gas out, so deal with it.

>speed racer detected

Imagine if everyone reacted like this when it was a fucking camry.

Couldn't have said it better

because chrystler-boys are fucking retarded

same with people who own trucks made by General Malfunctions

>poorfags can't afford to burn an eighth of a gallon to maybe make it through a light

Because they want to be fast like cars, hence why you have all these cocktruckers wanting a fast truck rather than a fast car

It's like feminism in the automotive world, they want equality....they can be fast too.

that was a really bad example, sort of

If you're paying for a big powerful engine you might as well use it. Who cares if you burn an extra dollar worth of gas? Stop being poor/a Jew.

btw slowly accelerating from light to light doesn't save gas and is a waste of time, take the bus if your going to accelerate like one.

I burn more than that just by starting it up

seriously

My daily commute would be way more fun if everyone had this mindset

It's not just a waste of time, it obstructs traffic when density goes up. Fewer people make it through the que and the roads begin to jam up.

There's a difference between gentle acceleration and the painfully slow "gotta save gas" mindset.

>daily a GMC Sierra
>accelerate hard everywhere: 15mpg
>drive like a crippled zayde: 15mpg

Fuck it, might as well have fun and watch poorfags in their Civics rage

This/These mother fuckers get it, if you want to be a kike. Hit the gas until you achieve the speed limit, make sure you're in the right lane so no one else has to deal with your slow ass and coast every chance you get.

Ayyy I know this feel. I hoon my 4400lb steel pig around because I get 10-11mg no matter what if it's in town. I don't do it to be boyracer and a dick towards others, doesn't matter if a civic farts at a stoplight next to me or its 3am and the roads empty, I'll mash the accelerator.

>acceleration is fun anyways, "driving a slow car fast vs fast car slow" as well.

>mfw i watch truck fags stomp the accelerator and their trucks literally dont even practically move.
hows that old v8 pulling that 2 and a half ton chassis holding up there?

>anecdotal evidence

Wew lad, sure showed them truck owners!

2013 Ram Quad cab 0-60 6.0 seconds.
2012 honda Civic SI 0-60 6.4 Seconds
2013 Mazda MX-5 Miata Club Edition 0-60 6.0 seconds
2012 Subaru Impreza 2.0 Compare Car 0-60 8.5
Point being you are underestimating how fast some of these trucks actually are.
im gonna say that about 60-80% of Veeky Forumss cars are slower then most middle to high end pick ups.

>True duals, no crossover
>highest flowing cats, check engine light on for emissions

Some people think I'm racing them based on how loud it is under normal acceleration.

>no argument
>in denial
How does it feel when I smash past you rowing through the gears of my 4 banger?

>6.0 0-60
>fast

lol k

why do you truck owners put the loudest exhaust on your truck when it is slow as fuck and isn't meant for performance by any means

disregard if it is actually built to race

It's a small penis thing.

>True duals
>No crossover

Disgusting

I bet an even an x piped car sounds cleaner

"Hey everyone I'm just letting you know my TRUUUUUUUCK is coming even though it'll take me about 30 min to move half a mile but I'll be there"

>hows that old v8 pulling that 2 and a half ton chassis holding up there?
Great! It still does everything a work vehicle is expected to do. Stoplight racing just isn't one of those things.

>not hot shifting your automagic trucks

and you call yourselves enthusiasts

Trucks drivers are fucking cancer, especially commercial truck drivers.
>15 over speed limit at all times
>Will pass you on the right
>Won't yield to traffic no matter the situation
>Run every yellow light possible
>"Let me just make this illegal right turn at an intersection can't miss my appointment"

Opposite happened to me today

>finish 03 Ram 5.7 rebuild
>Take it out for a spin, gas, wash, beer for gm 6
>at red light minding my own business fucking with stereo settings
>Light changes, take off get up to 40 ease off throttle
>fucking Versa next to me floors it
>mfw red light up ahead.
>same shit happens again.
>same shit happens again
>this cunt did this shit 5 times before cutting someone off at the last second to make a right

Well, considering trucks are designed for high torque for towing power, as opposed for stoplight drag racing. I'd say just fine.

How does it feel riding the bus?

For 6000 + pounds that is fast.

Because Southerners are idiots.

I've driven a truck daily. It makes so much torque off idle it just takes off. Maybe some people just aren't use to it? I learned to just let it creep for a second or two, before giving it gas.

>I've learned to let her weep a little, before giving her the dick
FTFY
>2018 - 2
>not witnessing those dubs

>rev my engine
>dude in front of me hauls ass as he pulls away from the stop light
>i proceed like a grandma

1/2 the time its because im listening to the exhaust note.

>tuned turbo diesel
What are these slow trucks I've been hearing about.

man i love how trucks trigger Veeky Forums this badly

Europeans and Ausfags are butthurt they cant afford them or the fuel.

Throwing thousands of dollars at an already expensive truck just to achieve sub 10s in the quarter mile. Something cars can do off the showroom floor with a set of radials.
Kek.

Can that "sports car" tow a 15k lb toy hauler? Didn't think so.

Sounds awesome in the mud.

>it's fast and expensive!

Do people here seriously not even own a single pickup in their fleet?

How do you guys land your boats without a good 4x4 truck

How do you transport your toolboxes?

Where do you put your atv if you don't have a trailer?

I love owning performance vehicles too, but how can you shit on the most versatile utilitarian vehicle made?

what do you drive then cunt

Yeah, tell me how much of your shit breaks when you try towing with your overly modified diesel.
It's barely holding up now and I'm sure someone told you it was ok to tow with the race tune.

To be fair OP I did this in my dad's truck once and it was indeed fun. You can just smash the pedal over the shitty LA roads where I'd need to go into 1st or 2nd gear to go through in my car

Better than the bus you're on

Nothing will break really if you're using bulletproof "built" parts and not 4x4 launching it with a trailer on the most powerful tune.

Out here in oil country people tow shit with their lifted and heavily modified trucks all the time. Keep in mind trucks are built overly strong from the factory (especially heavy duty diesels) unlike a car so they can generally handle the abuse.

It's the 21st century, bud. Literally anything can be fast and reliable if you put enough money into it.

>A few hours ago
>In the right lane approaching a stoplight that just turned green so starting to pick up speed again
>Old Chevy slightly in front of me in the middle lane starts merging into me with no signal
>Realizes he's a dumb ass and gets back in his lane
>Pass him
>He turns on his signal, merges and swerves into a parking lot
Not really a truck thing, shit like this happens all the time. I see more cars pulling the shit in OP than trucks. Truck drivers are real assholes on the freeway, though.

Pretty good, actually. I know I can afford to buy, maintain and feed my vehicle. I actually watch you with sympathy as all you can afford is a shitbox rice cooker...

Before you rage, know it's OK to be poor and stupid. I won't make fun of you. If you go to school and work hard, someday you'll be able to afford a truck and call yourself a man. Perhaps in the process you'll learn there's a lot more to a car than how fast it can accelerate.

Who tows in a race tune

I actually have to get my RPMS kinda high before I shift so I'm not dog shit slow at lights... just so I can stay with traffic lol.

one of my good friends has been towing a 2-car enclosed trailer every summer weekend with his 900hp/1900ft-lb Cummins for 3 years now and has not broken a single thing. engine is 99% stock, only upgraded lifters. you don't break shit all the time if you don't drive like a jackass.

>has helped aunt move her furniture
>once

>ford fag detected
lol have fun with your miserable turbochargers and puny v6's

Was it lifted, OP?

Every lifted utility (2500, F-250, etc.) truck I've seen drives like a faggot. Exactly how you said. Floors it every time, burns coal, has their fog lights on, probably cloud chasing vape, etc.

They're just a Manlet AND Dicklet venting to the world their frustration.

cause the torque is fun.

It's kind of stupid. I don't mind people speeding, except when it gets them literally nowhere, and especially when it endangers others and gets them nowhere. It's stupid.

This. I don't drive a truck but I drive a torquey car, and sometimes I drive as fast as I can to the next light because I like opening up the throttle and having fun.

So many ricers put the same shit on their shitboxes yet no one calls them on it on Veeky Forums cause it's Veeky Forums and you guys are faggots

No, that totally made sense. I'm just impressed that I've never made that connection, myself.

Should I buy a 2011 ranger Veeky Forums?
I'm not a truck person by any means (which is why i would rather a midsize truck) but I'm sick of having to travel through flooded roads with a sedan

Rangers are super common where I'm from. Every kid in high school had one. Put a little lift and oversized tires and you can have fun as long as it's the v6

The ricer crap annoys me too but the whole "I DRIVE A TRUCK IT'S FAST XXXZZZHAUST" thing is worse IMO

Yeah I'm a truck fag too and I hate them. I drive a 2005 silverado all stock with a camper shell. But when they have a loud exhaust theyre fucking guaranteed to have led lights that blind me. The give the guys that actually use their trucks a bad rep

But I run Halogens on my minitruck, and people high beam me all the time. I've been wondering if they are out of adjustment.

>OP loses to a 7,000 pound truck with a 370hp V8
>Cries about it on the internet

The only trucks that piss me off are the ones that put HIDs in the stock headlights. Or have those faggy aftermarket projectors