Business Casual Vehicle

Recently got a promotion at work and it has been /suggested/ to me that I get a new car that fits my job a bit better, so I ask you Veeky Forums what is a great business casual vehicle? Please bear in mind that I live in a place which is covered in snow for half the year. Max $60k.

Other urls found in this thread:

torquenews.com/1084/5-reasons-why-consumers-should-wait-buy-new-suvcuv
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Audi A6 Quattro. this car is absolutely stunning to see in person. pictures dont do any justice.

Cop a Rover, or the Volvo suv. I forget what it's called, but those are gorgeous

Subaru WRX STI

I've always thought the A6 was just a big A4...is that the case, or is there more to it?

Oh, the XC90 I think? I saw one today, loved how it looks.

Will check it out...don't know much about Subarus.

Get like an AWD is250/300/350
Those are pretty great.
And since when could work tell you that you need a better vehicle though? That's kind of fucking stupid.

I've always been a fan of Lexus.
They are subsidizing the cost of the vehicle. It's useful since I will be driving clients and partners around, and doing it in a new luxury vehicle will leave a better impression than a PT Cruiser.

AWD Lexus LS. It's fancy enough to impress 95% of the normies you'll come across and is plenty respectable. IMO, you can't go wrong.

The A6 is basically just a big A4 but with more available options. Hell, you can even get one with the same engine as an A4.

If you want a car that's practical in inclement weather and makes you look more professional go for an S4 or a good condition used S6. The A7 is a great choice too, easily one of the best looking 4-doors on the market. I know Veeky Forums hates Audi but if your goal is to project your workplace importance through your car I can tell you from experience the S-models really work quite well.

Ford Turdus or Chevrolet Limapla/Malipoo

Volvo XC90

Literally any new Lexus/Acura will work.

Buick LaCrosse
AWD, 300 HP 3.6L V6, maximum comfy.

>The A7 is a great choice too, easily one of the best looking 4-doors on the market.

Correction: THE best looking 4-door on the market. Pictures really dont do it justice, these cars look like fucking alien battleships. Also, make sure to get it in Prententious White.

fucking dogs isn't a buisness

sorry to hear it didn't work out for you

Your boss will be much more impressed if you have a unique, stand out car. I suggest a gutted out rat rod

Most likely going to waste that on a fursuit?

oh no, you are mistaken, i am not a mentally ill dogfucker that thinks he is a goat or "takes the kno"

Fixed, real businessmen roll bippu sutairu

all that jelly

Of course you post a Lexus. Every millennial with no imagination or spirit goes with Lexus, the boring suicide mobile.

a 10 year old baseline mercedes s class.

How's tax evasion going, Alex?

2006 s class for $5k.
2007 s class for $12k.

your boss will be blown away.

You want an AWD sedan/hatchback basically. These are all AWD and about the same price points, give or take $5k:

- Focus RS
- Subaru WRX STI
- Golf R
- Taurus SHO

If you want to spend a bit more:

- Tesla P90

If you really want to spend a bit more

- Nissan GT-R

35t AWD

There's also
Not a performance car by any means but it's fast enough, built well, and they top out loaded around 48k. Just about every luxury item its competitors offer

Didn't fursuit memetruck lad get arrested for doing a Frosty? Do you suppose they're cellmates?

>jelly

which jelly, the une you use as lube before "taking the knot" subhuman furfag?

>millennial

fuck off boomer

Lol. If they want you to drive something better they should get you something better.

Lincoln MKS EcoBoost. Fun to drive, comfortable, AWD, and has performance options.

If you don't mind going used, look at an E63 AMG.

>getting cucked buy your work
shut up and buy a used ls430.

What kind of car do have now? How much do you make?

Also tell your boss to fuck off and buy a company car for you if he wants to see you in something else. If your boss is that controlling that he's telling you to get a new car I don't see that job lasting very long. Don't get stuck with a luxury car payment if you might lose your job.

>XC90
Don't. Fucking expensive as hell to fix.

Also I wish someone has /suggested/ me this back in the day-I did irreparable damage to my career by continuing to drive my perfectly good shit box.

>Also tell your boss to fuck off and buy a company car for you if he wants to see you in something else. If your boss is that controlling that he's telling you to get a new car I don't see that job lasting very long.

You're either autism a NEET or both. Nobody says anything buy it does affect you if you're not a wage cuck.

>Recently got a promotion at work and it has been /suggested/ to me that I get a new car that fits my job a bit better,

In other words, they want you to subsidize the business by buying a car that is not 100% to your own desires, but they will pay part of the cost. As business casual vehicles go, that means it has to be passenger oriented and not driver oriented.

Since you seem to have accepted that, you now need to satisfy the list of needs of such passengers. The company probably doesn't give you a piece of paper because that is a liability issue forcing you to buy a car that that the business needs.

If your passengers are merely to be ferried to a location, then something low like lexus sedan works for business clients and partners. But if people are supposed to also look out of windows at properties you pass by but not stop at, then something taller such as a CUV is better. That's because a CUV gives a more equal view quality out the windows to the rear passengers. The equality of view might be a factor to some passengers.

There's plenty of CUV options out there that look good. You had a PT Cruiser before which is typically the domain of women drivers here. But something in the same size range but more expansive inside would be the Subaru CUV which is built in the USA and has equity partner GM which may help in cases where the client likes "usa made" items. But most money types aren't loyal to the usa as they care only about money, so that might not be a point in favor of the subaru cross utility vehicle. It does have a good price point and comes with more aggressive geolandar tires if you want to hoon slightly if no clients are aboard.

If you can wait a little due to major chassis changes, then keep an eye out for that. Asking salesmen doesn't always work because I've been told "NO, none are coming, so that's why you should buy today" and that salesman lied to me. Subaru is coming out with a new global platform for 2017 vehicles.

I'll second this. My relative got a new one 4 or 5 years ago and has put about 100K on it, there have been literally no issues with it, no work needed other than routine fluids/oil. The reliability is amazing, and the ride is one of the smoothest I've ever had. It's no racecar, but it's super comfy.

>- Focus RS
>- Subaru WRX STI
>- Golf R
>- Taurus SHO

Suggesting bro-mobiles for a professional environment...

Just get a Lexus or Audi sedan.
>IS350, GS350, LS460
>A4/S4, A6, A7

>Just get a Lexus or Audi sedan.

No. If he was only promoted because the bueiness needed another driver that ate up all the depreciation losses for them in return for a paltry price difference, that is not right to simply buy a lexus 400 series.

While the business needs bias him towards getting a luxury sedan or CUV, he could simply try one approach such as picking a model he would like driving and owning. Then add the business subsidy. If the subsidy was just $10,000 then that is only for options packages. So he'd pick a car with that in mind. If the subsidy is $20K then that is a model upgrade and he'd pick the next model up to consider.

OP should not be some starry-eyed sales associate that was given a promotion just so the company can have a super sales chauffeur. If he has a legit promotion, that is one thing. However, he has given almost no details so my assumption is on the standard model of the business wanting to transfer their business costs onto wanna-be sales associates with a paper promotion and a small subsidy which may even have strings attached. If there is any condition that requires repayment of the subsidy such as being fired or quitting the company, then that is not really free money. And the user should not think of it as free upgrade money.

All these people saying Lexus or Audi sedan seem to forget that the car has to be driven in snow about half the year. That means four wheel drive is best to stop from spinning in the snow or getting stuck which would irritate clients.

Above all, inconveniencing and embarassing a client by needing a snow tow would be terrible!!!!!!!!!!

If they're serious they'll give you a car, if not, keep yours. Don't get into debt to make your boss look good.

>Please bear in mind that I live in a place which is covered in snow for half the year.

Does that mean the snow gets fairly deep? Driving with chains on with 2-wheel drive cars doesn't seem to be a good or impressive ride for clients.

Awd is unnecessary. Just get good snow tires.

>It's useful since I will be driving clients and partners around

So, this means you're the CHAUFFEUR while the business partner and clients make the deals between themselves in the back seat. You're not the one closing the deal, so you don't get the sales closing credit so that means your boss is planning to use you as the chauffeur. Since it is your private car, your insurance has to be beefed up to cover the additional passengers if they get hurt. This way, the company avoids having to pay a business chauffeur license fee since you're the unofficial chauffeur racking up the miles, maintenance, and depreciation.

I guess you will be a fan of the detailing and waxing threads! As the on-demand at-any-time chauffeur, you'll have to have your car clean of fingerprints at all times. So you'll be the detailing king of Veeky Forums too since having a super clean car is important to clients you are chauffeuring around.

OP said $60k car. A brand new $60k car isn't even close to a chauffeur car.

>Awd is unnecessary. Just get good snow tires.

He has CLIENTS on board and maybe the boss at times talking to clients while he drives from sales location to sales location. The risk of failure is too great when there is snow half the year. That means compacted snow_into_ICE can be frequent. So all wheel drive with snow tires is needed more than just 2 wheel drive with snow tires. With CUV he can have it switchable on/off.

>proper locking diff
>4WD
>CUV

pick one

2wd and good snow tires are enough to do basically anything sane.

However, a lot of the country has to deal with highway chain-up requirements on a regular basis. In almost every US state, AWD exempts you from weather-related tire-chain requirements on the highway. Only a handful of states allow you to substitute show tires for chains.

I know a lot of people who slap AWD badges & stickers on their 2wd cars to avoid getting pulled over for chain violations in the winter.

A6, 5er, E Class.

All right, all right. You're the fan of lower gas mileage.

So he can get AWD with rear steering wheels included. That will let him go around iced corners without fishtailing into the other cars. It'd be nice if he could just get 2 wheel drive with snow/ice tires for the winter months, but since he has clients on board, the stakes rise if he has a failure to drive or gets stuck. OP has not given details on how much snow or ice, but only that there is snow on the roads he drives about half of the year. If there is fresh snowfall, then it could pile up high enough to irritate a low slung sedan with 2 wheel drive even if it has snow tires.

Why doesn't the boss get the real car? Or is it he just wants user to be the one to eat the depreciation, the compromise in personal car choice, and pay for maint and detailing costs? I see, the boss has a LaFerrari and can't be bothered to get a different car for the winter months. So he's getting user to buy the winter driving car.

The boss can make the deals in the summer months with his LaFerrari instead.

Just under $40K, all wheel drive, and the clients will be impressed (into their seats).

Get a 996 Turbo

$40k
AWD
Probably nicer/faster than what your boss drives
Easy upgrade path for ~650hp

4 door is probably better if he's regularly driving people around desu senpai

OP, if your primary purpose is just ferrying people around while seeming not-poor, then probably the Lexuses have the most passenger-comfortable suspension. I personally prefer the IS series, but you'll want more elbowroom if you're going to have frequent passengers, so I'd go GS or LS. An RX or GX series SUV would also serve for the comfy riding, and the added ground clearance might be nice if the snow is piled deep - that sound of powder crunching under the floorboard is not exactly classy.

However if you truly are going to drive it in the snow a lot, you should know that the Lexus/Toyota traction control systems are some of the worst in the industry. They are very aggressive in power reduction, but worse than that, they have massive response lag. It's not uncommon in a Toyota/Lexus to spin your tires, back off the throttle, catch the skid and regain control, only to have the traction control step in cut power a half second later.

The Mercedes traction control system has better response time but is even worse for the power cut. I have seen Benz traction control systems basically stop the car in conditions that a base model Malibu could sail right through.

AFAIK most of the other luxury brands have sane traction control. Audi's are great to drive but usually have stiff suspension that's not great for passengers. You might look at Infiniti's or even the CTS.

And of course, at that price point you could buy into a basic 60D Model S with minimal options. C&D only got around 160 miles of real-world michigan driving range in the 60kwh base model, though, which might not be enough. Say what you will about it, the model S definitely attracts attention and your clients would probably find it quite interesting.

You totally forgot business in your need to post about what you like.

FAUX PAS. Two door cars cannot be used for clients. That is FAUX PAS situation to make a client step through a 2 door into the tight back seat. Super non-professional feels there for the clients. And you cannot do that to females with skirts..

Any CUV in the $60,000 range will have an automatic locking center diff.

The Taurus SHO is a bro-mobile? I'll give you the WRX being a total bro-mobile. Just saying WRX makes me bro out.The Focus and the Golf trims mentioned are indeed as well, but unless you really know about the trim line, the rest of the world won't know. Or care. They'll just see Focus and Golf and won't pay attention to anything else. Same thing with Taurus too. The Subie is a bit hard to hide with that huge spoiler on the back.

And yes I'll chime in with the rest of the anons - don't go into debt over a car your boss is urging you to get. If you have to go used for this, do it.

Maybe get some dirt cheap used landyacht and put snow tires on it.

Why do you hate OP, recommending Mercedes? STAY AWAY FROM MERCEDES. THEY ARE BROWN STINKY POS's. THEY WILL BREAK ON YOU CONSTANTLY.

A hatchback? What are you, stupid?

awd caddy for sure

>A hatchback? What are you, stupid?

OP's current car is a hatchback. Why shouldn't OP's own needs and desires be maintained? Some of us aren't picking the car with only the boss in mind. It's OP's car after all and he is the one paying for almost all of it. Surely he may have practical uses for it too when he needs a large hatch.

Mercedes E Class

the large hatch makes it easy to load the boss's dead body after OP finds out the car subsidy was just a paltry $1337 canadian dollars..

listen to this guy

If you don't want to break the bank or want something a little more modest then the SH-AWD TLXs are nice, or even their predecessor SH-AWD TLs, and you can get those in a manual if you so choose. I'm personally a big fan of Acuras but they'll never evoke the same response as a BMW or Lexus.

torquenews.com/1084/5-reasons-why-consumers-should-wait-buy-new-suvcuv

>Hey Veeky Forums, I'm spending my money on a car so my boss can improve his income. Any tips?

They're rebadged Hondas, and I don't mean how a Lexus is a rebadged Toyota, I mean they changed fucking nothing from Honda.

If you want a manual the A4/E90 (fuck the F30) and so on are still available.

What the fuck are you talking about? Most snowy states only require chains for very specific circumstance, I.E. OTR truckers or other large commercial trucks during certain times of the year and on certain roads.

What kind of job do you have that the kind of car you drive is any of your employer's business?

Get this maximum comfy and looks pretty good.
You can spend the rest of the money for a weekend car.

This might just be for the south, but a high trim truck is professional. They're nice and far from the lower trim work trucks. If not this, then get a German sedan.

These days corporations feel they can dictate more and more of their wage slave's personal life. How they exercise, what they eat, ear this fitbit or else.

It absolutely doesn't surprise me that a corporation would dictate what kind of car you should be driving too. Is it right? No. Does OP want to keep his dumbass job? Probably.

Welcome to the 21st century.

what do you currently drive?

996 is a 2+2 you moron clients can fit if you remove their legs

Behold!

V6, with AWD, and literally every option, under $40k.

>Hey Veeky Forums, I'm spending my money on a car so my boss can improve his income. Any tips?

Yeah, it sucks that his car is still in good driving condition and he is told that he should get rid of it and buy a different car so that he can drive the boss and clients around. Of course, it won't be in writing because the government would say that is intimidation to force the employee to use his own money to support someone else's business expenses.

He'd also have to keep detailing the car to keep it always ready to have clients on board. If anything went wrong with the car, he'd have to immediately get it fixed or pay to get it fixed because driving with a warning light on the display would be bad for clients to see.

>what do you currently drive?

OP said in the thread that he drives a PT Cruiser.

Just get the Lexus ES Hybrid in black. It definitely looks business class. Plus you have a comfy reliable Lexus car. Can't go wrong user.

>literally castrated furfag afraid of women
kek

>Recently got a promotion at work
Yeah, you'll need a generic status car probably a Lexus. Ladder climbers need status symbols to impress the stupid people in their lives.

so glad i got out of the bullshit corporate world
my last box had a """"""souped up"""""" wrx with brakes so bad i thought i was going to die everytime i had to ride in it

he thought that thing was the shit

it was garbage

How does a boss get away with telling a subordinate to buy a nice new car to drive clients in? That is clearly a company expense he is transferring to the employee. In the ancient days of the USA, all sorts of abuses went on which was why unions were formed to prevent bosses from doing things like that. Unions went a long ways to stop the age of robber barons.

The fusion is also available in AWD?

How are the reliability on these things?

Those aren't chauffeur cars dummy. Chauffeur cars are like S-class, 7 series, LS, etc. Those are just family sedans/European taxis.

Yes it is, a 320hp model is coming out too

Why buy a fusion when you could get a used Lexus LS

Chevy SS
>4 doors for more wh- business acquaintances
>400hp v8 for hauling even the fattest of corporate fat cats to business lunches as well as all of your laptops and paperwork
>rwd and available 6 speed for ripping sik skids to impress the younger 20 something startup entrepreneurs
>magnetic ride control for maximum comfort and smooth ride so your boss doesn't mess up writing your check while ferrying him around
>Looks like a Malibu so unassuming to cops
>Only a bargain 55k