/hbg/ - Homebrew & Hacking General

Why stop at stealing code edition

Previous thread /hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 9.2 (Downgrade: 10.7 - Homebrew: Browser/Menuhax up to 11.0)
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.60 (Userland)
PS4: 1.76 (Kernel)

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
Downgrade + a9lh: github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Vita: pastebin.com/v3caHHnp

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
-11.0 Browserhax & Menuhax are out now! smealum.github.io/3ds/
-Install Menuhax ASAP if you're not already on CFW, because Nintendo can block Browserhax remotely without a workaround. twitter.com/smealum/status/758450605568372736
-You STILL can't downgrade, use CFW or install .cia files from 11.0 without a hardmod or hacked system transfer. github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/DSiWare-Downgrade
-freeShop 2.0 out now github.com/Cruel/freeShop/releases

>Wii U
-IOSU allegedly happening, update to 5.5.1 recommended. twitter.com/Mathew_Wi/status/766504663826870272
-Enter 104.236.072.203 under DNS Settings to block updates. twitter.com/NWPlayer123/status/766486134356529152

>Vita
-Update 3.61 patches HENkaku.
-Homebrew available on firmware 3.60. henkaku.xyz
-Tokyo Xanadu released as the first fully playable decrypted vpk backup.
-Downgrader in development. reddit.com/r/vitahacks/comments/4yi5bw/write_access_to_vs0_achevied_expect_a_downgrader/
-xyz making a webkit if KOTH challenge goes nowhere. blog.xyz.is/2016/webkit-360.html

>PS4
-HENkaku ported to PS4 firmware 3.55 github.com/Fire30/PS4-3.55-Code-Execution-PoC

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki
gbatemp.net/threads/apparently-somebody-decrypted-a-pkg.438675/page-7#post-6623991
forum.thinkpads.com/viewtopic.php?t=51262
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

First for moth love.

2nd for Sonic Mania on 3DS NEVER EVER

What's Moth Girl even from?

>tfw you finish setting up a9lh and begin installing all the free games

"Layers of White", a 3-chapter (so far) doujin.

On Saturday night (for the Americas), someone from /v/ posted that doujin as a rar, claiming to be the Tokyo Xanadu RAR (it was the lastest, hottest news for the Vita scene).

It turned out to be moth love.

Hey /hbg/, my N3DS has Luma3ds EmuNAND set up on 11.0 firmware and my SysNAND is on 9.2.
Is it possible to install A9LH and RedNAND without formatting? I don't want to have to reinstall all of my CIAs

Not even. You brought it here and thought we care.

Take it and leave, join the shotafags.

so.. i did the 4.5 gateway downgrade ages ago
trying to follow this guide github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki
i did the ctr transfer because i want a fresh nand dont care for nnid, uninstalled my old emunand etc etc
why the fuck can i not get sysnand to boot with the sd card inserted or without?? not a brick because if i start my 3ds with it in and then take it out boots fine but FBI injected into h&s doesn't work.. p-pls help

Does anyone have a download file for the Japanese Tokyo Mirage Sessions? I don't want the patched English one.

there's no emunand or rednand in the guide anymore everything is done from sysnand now

>Tokyo Xanadu released as the first fully playable decrypted vpk backup

So its confirmed it was a decrypted game? The chink wasnt full of shit?

But I didn't brought it here user. I saw when it was brought here. And I liked it.

>tfw no qt 3.14 moth gf
>tfw no qt. 3.14 gf to dress as mothgirl.

Oh well, back to our depressing lives.
Vita piracy when?

no it's not confirmed

5 hours.

Well shit, that was an interesting few chapters.

/hbg/ - Mothballs General

i'm looking at the a9lh guide that gateway put out, and why does it require you to downgrade from 10.3 if you're on an o3ds? is it just
>gateway
or is there a legitimate reason?

>mfw fapped to a moth

Anyway, has there been ANY sort of advance to the Vita scene? Or has it come to a full stop because Yiffing Luis insists to not keep looking for anything and just focus on his stupid challenge?

Please don't do it. Gateway's a9lh implementation is such flaming garbage. Just transfer your save files and get real cfw.

I couldn't even fap to that, it was just really good horror

Moths are interesting. They're also kind of like softmodding a console.

Basically, as a catterpillar, they kill themselves into a bunch of dead liquid inside the crysallis, with a few living cells, and those living cells re-arrange everything and brings it back from death as a different animal.

Pretty much the exact same thing A9LH does to the 3DS.

there's been a bunch of useful new homebrew like vitarw or vita-activator

because that's how you get gateway fast boot now(previously known as a9lh)

kek

I want the Gateway dragon to ravage my ass and make my emuNAND

Reminder this guy ultimately has the Vita scene by the balls.

So are there any 3ds/wiiU games that are must owns compared to just pirated?

I see Phailect has a new guide. I'm currently doing it on my O3DS to replace the shitty old RXtools I had on it. It's easier than the last guide.

However, is there any big differences between the old and new guide? My N3DS is done by the old guide, so should I redo my N3DS with the new guide?

gbatemp.net/threads/apparently-somebody-decrypted-a-pkg.438675/page-7#post-6623991

Halfway through the page.

gbatemp, tokyo xanadu thread

On vita, I already have henkaku. Can I safely update to 3.61 or nah?

>not fixing the OP
Fuck off, Gateway advertiser.

nope

Does XL make the game look like shit?

Don't, patches the Hencucku exploit, which means no emulators. And piracy if it ever happens.

Yes

Or homebrew! Don't forget the homebrew!

VitaQuake is probably the best FPS available on vita!

No it makes it look better

end result is the same

>tfw the vita could probably run all the way to quake3

All right thanks guys. Just making sure.

I just want somebody to port the Half-Life Quake mod thing. For the love of all that is holy.

As well this. I tell you, this furfag is the embodiment of cancer.

re-asking
Any electrical/hardmod people here?

A line segment on my 3DS's touch screen cable was torn. Now, back in my PSP days, I made Pandora Batteries left and right for everyone. I remember just having to draw a line connecting the circuits again with something as simple as a lead pencil. Is that possible with my 3DS's touch screen ribbon?

Can I just use a lead pencil or something and connecting the lines again? Then figure out how to connect the thing back into the board as the clip broke off.

3DSiso has a thread with the complete uncensored English translated Japanese special edition .cia with DLC included. you'll have to get a 3DSiso account and look for the thread yourself as no one will do it for you. if you really need to be spoonfed go to /feg/ and go through their pastebin. you'll probably still need a 3DSiso account unless download links are in the pastebin directly.

How about you faggots try to reverse engineer Henkaku instead of complaining? You know, that's something that would improve the scene.

Not necessarily like shit, but it does make it look worse.

You're stretching the games out to an unnatural resolution - of course it'll make it look worse.

It's been a while since you were here trying to justify yourself, Yiffy Lube.

How about you release the stupid source code so the scene can actually go FORWARD instead of wasting other scener's time by trying to reverse-engineer it?

Fuck, was it true what others of molecule said in IRC? The entire point of Henkaku was just for ego?

No, the PPI is just shit. The pixels are bigger, the resolution doesn't change.

How about you faggot start trying to reverse engineer Henkaku instead of shitposting? You know, that's something that would improve this thread.

>just finished hacking
>Decrypt9 has dump to CIA option now with the recent update
>turning my entire physical library to digital
>mfw

Now I don't have to carry carts anymore.

>mfw i finally got cfw on my 3ds and have the freeshop running
thanks boys this shit is great

Best Micro SD Card?

I seriously looked into it.

I realized that you would have to be obsessively intimate with the workings of the Vita and its hardware and have experience hacking it and knowing what can and can't be done, what is and what isn't possible.

In short, I would have had to become Yiffy, a price which far more than the $100 I paid for my vita.

>someone claims they're linking the first decrypted PSVita game dump
>in a poor troll attempt, it's actually a moth doujin
>people keep downloading it and start masturbating to mothgirl and making mothgirl 3DS themes and mothgirl OPs and posting cropped screencaps of the moth doujin in the thread
Veeky Forums, everyone

shark or monkey

Yea, let me just spend weeks of my time to come to the same conclusion as someone else.

Kill yourself idiot.

I have a microcenter one that just werks

Samsung, maybe? Get a shark from china if you're into memes

i'm still using their software with menuhax, but i don't trust anything they put out anymore. didn't they fix most of the issues with their implementation of a9lh, though? at least to the point that their payload can be used with a preexisting setup? i was thinking of setting up a9lh the normal way and then using gateway with it, but i don't know if that's possible. i don't even know if it's safe to try to get the otp on my 3ds anymore after years of using gateway crap on it. i'm just really curious as to why they won't allow you to downgrade straight from 9.2.

Stupid but for Decrpyt 9, why would you choose anything other than 'dump to CIA'? Maybe for preservation purposes?

I see no problem with this, and I wouldn't want it any other way.

>putting off a9lh for months because the guide was filled with scary-looking warnings
>literally risk-free retard-proof guide released

No excuses anymore, I guess.

B-but my rxtools just werks...

but user humanXmothgirl is forbidden love and you were only interested in it because it was introduced here from a trolling user linking it claiming it was Tokyo Xanadu for PSVita
I guess it can't be helped. have fun with your moth waifu, user

Releasing source doesn't make things go forward as much as making someone else reverse engineer it. The latter brings more people to the scene, the former just gives you piracy and lets the scene die.

It gives you experience, it makes you learn. It's not pointless.

gunvolt 2 when

So for those of us with A9LH , emunand9 is pretty much useless right? What should i replace the payload with anons? Already have decrypt9 and godmode9

is there anywhere apart from zetaboards to get direct rips of vita games that have fast downloads?

>you were only interested in it because it was introduced here from a trolling user
Not exactly, I just love mothgirl's happy personality. I don't know why the protagonist is such a chicken-shit, it's not like she's trying to eat him and lay eggs in his carcass.

>Can I just use a lead pencil or something and connecting the lines again?
I'm no expert, but I don't think that'll work.

>Then figure out how to connect the thing back into the board as the clip broke off.
Also, if you completely tore the clip off the board, it's not like you're just going to be able to glue it back on. I doubt you could even get it soldered back on.

Been trying to start decrypt9 for like 20 minutes with no result whatsoever, N3DS 9.2 with the new guide, is this right?, never had any problem with the decrypt (third 3ds, for a friend), the most trouble was to try to open it 7 times to get it to work.

>tfw bought a vita instead of a 3ds because piracy looked to be right around the corner and it has a more interesting library to me as well as beefier hardware for homebrew

I regret my decision so, so badly.

>The latter brings more people to the scene, the former just gives you piracy and lets the scene die.
Said no one ever. No modding group EVER before this moralfaggotry era modded consoles for anything other than piracy. If you can pirate games, then what's the purpose? You're then just wasting your time.

The creation of the PS1 and PS2 modchips, the upcoming USB loader for saturn, the DreamCast scenes releasing ISOs, rewriteable Famicom Disk System floppies, softmods such as Open PS2 Loader, USB Loader GX, PSP, 3DS CFWs, DS Flashcarts.

It all boils down to piracy.

says right there if it won't open you have a partial downgrade

Vita games are mostly cheap anyways. If you were banking on piracy before actual piracy then that's a silly mistake to make.

For Sky3DS/Gateway NTR fetishists and preservation.

/hbg/-chan, daisuki~

holy fuck are you me? im dealing with this bullshit right now

It isn't absolutely necessary, but, I dunno man, 3DS with pircay would probably still trump vita without in the end.

But oh well. I'm stuck with my decision.

That's why you ask your senpai if books ever get used or not.

>It brings more people in to the scene
It has hurt the scene more than help it. Vita scene was on a HUGE wave of momentum when Henkaku came out, and for about a week after. Now it's fading and people are losing interest except the very dedicated ones. If he had released source code in the wake of Henkakus debut, the momentum would've kept up. He's even downplaying progress which is the exact opposite of what you want to do to grow a scene.

Hey, I'm about to follow the new A9LH guide to install, and I'm just wondering if it's safe to install my 11.0 EmuNAND at Part 3, Step IV

I just don't want to be stuck with no means to downgrade

Hilariously enough, my reCAPTCHA this time had "STOP" sign photos thrice.

How do I stop being retarded and sell my 3ds games now that I have a9lh?

Thanks m8, a friend tried to do everything by himself but left it halfway only downgrading it to 9.2, it seems that didn't went so well after all.

daisuki~

eBay, Craigslist, Gamestop/Best Buy during promotions (Can buy Amazon gift cards with their store credit)

did you even read the bold letters

fixing a ribbon cable is hard. it requires soldering expertise, if only because it's so small. here's an example: forum.thinkpads.com/viewtopic.php?t=51262

if you're familiar with soldering then it's pretty straightforward, just reconnect the trace like you would with any other board. otherwise, get a new ribbon cable.

and I've never opened a 3DS up but, if they're anything like the DS, then the clip is just a piece of plastic securing the cable in place. in this case anything will do- glue, tape. no need to solder it, either.

any meme card will do

yeah man the class was bullshit
this happened to me years ago so now i dont buy shit unless the teacher gives us a syllabus that has the assigned readings already in it, week by week
if they just put a bunch of books on it but dont say what i have to read fuck em

Why not become an idiort? Console wars meme aside, many people here in /hbg/ who own a Vita, also own a 3DS and vice-versa.

Well I wont have the class for the first time till next week but the first two greentexts of what he put described my situation. I found the book but if this faggot professor makes me buy it and i never end up using the code I'll be pissed.

Which bold letters? There are several

Third worlder here.

What is this "code" you speak of? Why can't the code be pirated?

i had a class where the professor made a book but put the parts he wanted us to read on his school site so we just had to print them out
shit was completely free i loved it
i wish they all did that