/owg/ - Overwatch General

Sombra Edition
>us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20748794686

>Official Website
playoverwatch.com

>The Oversheet
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QgTenq3s-YesFgb-CPI6yIPpp4K9xot7LhTBo3Tm0Pk/edit#gid=1751764739/

>Wiki
overwatch.gamepedia.com/Overwatch_Wiki

>Convert source mouse sensitivity
jscalc.io/calc/djyxBymfcWCIgD4f

>OP Pastebin
pastebin.com/0HaMLiu7

>Stats and Leaderboards
masteroverwatch.com
overbuff.com/

>Competitive Info
gosugamers.net/overwatch
over.gg/

>Overwatch DPS Sheet
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1D4jOtaosiZoM2VA9IjRRPaiMbTTZtPrD1d8mK23DPa0

>Two defense heros
The sure path to losing.

Junkrat is kind of okay. Mei needs a small buff.

>1 second cooldown for Defense Matrix is considered a 'nerf'
Explain?

Hana Song.

That's not the nerf though. It's a 1 second cooldown on her regenerating which means if you're tapping apm as fast as you can you won't regenerate any until you stop.

>yfw Sombra comes out tomorrow

Would you go over and sit with him and ask him what's wrong?

I'd make him coffee and chat with him

as useless as torb is, i think hes a pretty cool guy

Doubt it

Young Pharah in her career as duelist.

i imagine shes dueling depression over the loss of her mother
but not with cards

today

So when will the next map be out?

you are just making up shit, aren't you?

Is sombra Spanish or mexican?
Is she Alejandra?
Is she a qt loli robot ?

I have no faith in Blizzard ATM in regards to this ARG shitshow

She'll probably just reveal some info on character backgrounds or something.

Well... at least its accurate I guess..

>non-skinny person cosplaying streetpork

took them long enough

UNNNHHH

THICKER

She isn't attractive, but that is legitimately good, and she looks good in it.

>Sombra may be Symmetra-tier terrible on 90% of the maps

Oh God

Friendly reminder that raging in chat and t-bagging because you hooked a Tracer doesn't do anything but make the Tracer focus you harder and have a better time.

>Offense
>useless

Even 76 is somewhat useable

It is true, though. Along with Mei being anti fun, and Hog needing a nerf to the hook n cook.

Next Tuesday. Dubs prove it.

Waga kokoro, make your sesame

Cutest and best pairing

Sombra will never come out.

My 5 is proof of that.

Here is how we ""fix"" Pharah.

She gets a passive blocks a headshot and then goes on cooldown for a couple of seconds. No other changes.

Hanzo
Junkrat
Any hitscan character
Mei
Torb
Roadhog
Ana
Seriously any character made to be on the ground
If you aren't going to fly on pharah then whats the point in her having the ability to?

>Flying is not the purpose of the character.

What is? Shooting down rockets from the ground? Picking off their supports while shooting at a shield? What's pharah's purpose? Being a bad-junkrat?

Or maybe ulting a reins shield is her purpose!

I would just be down for giving her 50 armor.

What are you guys expecting when the countdown ends?
Blizzard is actually just fucking with us and they release an entirely different hero

Pharah doesn't need a fix.

Pharmercy will be meta next patch unless Hanzo becomes super oppressive.

McCree can't deal with the buffed pharmercy combo. Mercy will heal too much.

How to make torb useful above rank 50

What we get today/tomorrow/whenever will disappoint everyone. She'll reveal something useless and then we'll be stuck with another stupid puzzle. I almost wish everyone would just stop trying to solve them so Blizzard can get a fucking clue.

Zenyatta treatment except with armor, Pharah becomes 50 HP 150 armor

>cheating on ptr

This is stupid. Hanzo peaks impossibly slow. Junkrat has no range. Hitscan characters require you to aim. Torb is a non-character. Hog has no range. >Ana.

She has flying because flying is useful when you can not get punished for it. This does not in any way mean that you need to be in the air out in the open all the time like you're the fucking sun or something.

>a hero needs another hero to focus on him completely to be useful

"balanced"

In all these hours of playing I have never had a random mercy just follow me from the start of the game as pharah

>inb4 i have no argument so you just suck

>Can't call MEKA while in the air, Mark VII style
This is one of my biggest frustrations

He's garbage even in the 40's

Convert his turret's health into pure armor that way you get less ultimate charge for breaking it.

>344 days until you get a second chance at AmeriCree

>my last three attack Hollywood matches
>Torbjorn turret on the moving platform every single time
>everyone on my team ignoring it and constantly dying
>I finally switch and deal with it
>no one using the openings
>lost all three

>get a Hollywood defense match
>go Torbjorn
>"let's see if any of the incompetent fucks I played with will be on the enemy team"
>enemy Pharah on my ass 24/7 can't even build the turret to level 2

And this is just to top off all those matches where I pick a character I rarely play to try out, and miraculously the enemy team has a meme stack that counters whatever I decided to pick.

Plus the fact that getting a payload attack match is harder than getting a legendary skin apparently, with my experience usually being defense>defense>defense>koth>defense>defense>koth>koth>koth>koth>koth>defense, being paired with absolute shitters whenever I get the rare attack is really sucking the fun out of the game.

Don't. Torb makes games less fun.

Tracy, I would say, is tuned to a razor's edge. Unlike Genji who had legitimately broken mechanics like his melee dash and triple jump, Tracer works "as intended." There's nothing to abuse.

The thing is just that "as intended" means a good Tracer can dish out a lot of damage while being very hard for the average player to hit.If she gets a mobility nerf she'd become very easy to shoot and would need a health buff, at that point she's just becoming a different hero.

I really do think people who are so bothered by Tracer need to just "git gud", because I've spent enough time playing as Tracer to know how easily she dies and when playing Tracer or another hero I have zero issue fighting other Tracers. Seriously just get in the mental habit of keeping track of where Tracer was 3 seconds ago, when Tracer recalls I can usually pre-fire where her head will be when she reappears.

Soldier: 76 and Pharah getting back into the meta would be the best thing to fix Tracer. It's tough. She's REALLY good, but at the same time the nerfs people want are overkill spawned from the fact that they aren't that good at fighting her.

I want to fuck Discount Mei.

Just got off the phone with my buddy from Blizzard and he confirmed that the new hero is dropping next friday.

Why do they refuse to give us the balance patch?

>playing on PTR

Dude the next summer Olympics is in four years

How do we balance Lena without breaking her?

>hitscan require you to aim

Boy, you're right. Pharah sure is better than them at peaking when enemies can fucking see your rockets coming straight in their face and not randomly from sky.

>junkrat has no range
Since when junkrats range has been a problem? His bombs reach pretty far

>hog has no range
same thing, if anything then you can just hook them
>inb4 but muh shields

Well if shields then range or aiming isn't a problem anymore, no one stands with a shield 3 miles away from some choke point

50 armor is completely negligible though, make it 100 armor and 100 hp.

>junkrat has no range
Are you retarded or what
You don't need to peek at long range nor are there many spots even in the game that you arent close to medium range
All the while your abilities can actually function while peeking and laying down pressure on a point as Junkrat
And that applies to every other character I listed as well

You're fucking retarded if you think pharah is made to be a ground character or if she can outclass them

>Not having your personal healslut at a beck and call

Jesus how bad are you at Pharah 101?

This
Who says you have to be in open skies all the time?
Of course mccree will rape you if you do that

Her flying is amazing

So do you guys think Blizzard will reveal that the Reaper and Soldier 46 conflict was more complicated, or that it is actually as black and white as it seems:

>Soldier 46 and Reaper are friends
>Reaper starts acting like an asshole
>Soldier 46 tells Reaper to stop acting like an asshole
>Reaper doesn't stop acting like an asshole and starts a fight
>Soldier 46 finishes it
>Mercy decides to save Reaper cause "he wasn't always an asshole"
>Reaper goes on to become the biggest asshole in present-day Overwatch

>These virgin NEETs don't know about the winter games

i don't know how the armor math works because i'm american but 150 armor wouldn't be better than 100 armor?

They said they're doing it annually regardless of olympics retard

Cooldown changes or maybe a cast time on some of her abilities. Even making her ult take longer to build up would be a acceptable nerf.

I never once said she was broken or needed any nerfs. She is balanced fine. I just legitimately hate fighting her. It is the least fun thing in the game.

A song.

Yeah, it's more to push people towards using it on things that matter rather than micromanaging incoming damage

I welcome the change, and D.va is my most played Hero. I look forward to not seeing one in every match.

>PASTOR_OF_DEATH7
Holy fuck! I never noticed that one before!

Read that post again.

Another ""arpg"" """clue"""

>got gud
>started feeling useless if I finish a match with less than two golds and more than three deaths

Sometimes we'll win a game and I'll feel like I was being carried, only to find out I have 4 gold medals and a 50+% kill participation card, just because I died more often than I was supposed to.

That's dumb

Would you be okay with getting the same content for a different event entirely?

It's to make it so she doesn't outclass Reinhart.

She actually was if you had quick enough reflexes.

there's no way they'd just put a 23 hour countdown timer on the 23rd of august just for another fucking clue about delaying shit

I really do hope Reaper is Pharah's father or something
That would add a degree of depth to shit, but I doubt that'll happen. In Recall's panning shot of the overwatch crew, they even went as far as to have Reyes stand facing away from Morrison in the shadows, which is about as hamfisted as it gets

Considering how edgy reaper is I dont think it is gona be more complex than that.

Disgusting.

Mei would never get with some skeevy, asswipe, aussie

So I guess Sombra will be another edgelord?

>useless

i think he has a hidden passive or something where, at least in qm or low ranks, he causes the enemies brains to shut down and be unable to deal even with level 1 turrets completely in the open

Wouldn't be quite the same content. There's no soccer, track, or weightlifting events in the Winter Games, so they'd have to come up with new legendaries that would work and that aren't hockey because that's already covered.

>cummies
always makes me chuckle tbqh

>proper turret placement
>instead of fighting alone like a babby torb, fight *with* the turret
>don't forget your buckshot
>actively supply the team with armor

more fapbait for pathetic weeb virgins

notice the first two new heros are both female? that was intentional, they know their fanbase too well

from here on out it's just going to be a barbie doll simulator while actual good FPS players leave in droves for CS:GO or whatever hot new battlecuck game is out

that is part of the meme.

>giving armor to a character who is basically unfightable for many other heroes due to her mobility
>armor that can be burst down by helix rockets and headshots anyway
>raising her total health when the only non-tanks with more than 200 need to get close to their opponents

Her counters do what she does to everyone else. That's what you get for that advantage. Stop that shit. It's probably flimsy armor considering it needs to be light enough for sustained flight too. Fuck off. I'm not joking, this is objectively terrible.

>Ana
>Barbie doll

why are the blizzard forums down? is this some kind of 4d chess to promote sombra?

i can't rest tonight without reading retard tears on the forum ever since i ran out of videos of black people getting into fist fights at chuck e cheese's

Shipping is cancer in general, but ham-fisted ships are the fucking worst.

>Inb4 Blizz reveals that S76 and Reaper were the two promised Gay characters
>All of this happened because of some Petty fight and Reaper was, as usual, an edgelord and threw a hissy fit
I swear If Blizz turns this in a goddamn mexican soap opera.

Pretty much. SR50 Pharah autists can't into consequences.

Look what happened when Widow/McCree fell out of meta. You ended up with Pharmercy jousting duels deciding who won the game.

With the buffed Mercy, McCree is going to land several headshots on Pharah if he wants to pick her out of the sky. Pharah will be strong as fuck next patch.

Other heroes counters don't make them obsolete

Like genji can deflect a flashbang or hog can instagib reaper

If you get a killing blow with torb or his turret does the scrap come to you or do you have to go fetch?

>Tracer has the least hp of all characters
Why?

>useless

his secondary is underrated as fuck.

You can bully the fuck out of tanks with it. Especially if your Turret keeps distracting them.

>people ignoring turrets

place them on the payload and watch idiots jumping into them.

You have to go fetch. It falls roughly where they died.

>tfw you start playing other characters you normally would never/have rarely played and begin getting gud with them

What's their name(s) /owg/?
For me:

>D.VA
>Zenyatta
>Ana

Been playing a fuck ton of D.VA in the PTR and now I love her. Never could get into playing her until now. Just went all gold with her on my last game.

>releasing a new hero and making it playable in time for the next season

They could've used the ranked downtime to collect data and adjust/balance accordingly but nooo. Fucking retard

If you seriously don't understand why, please stop playing competitive FPS games.