Old car smell

When did cars stop having the typical "old car smell" and why?

Other urls found in this thread:

fastestlaps.com/tracks/goodwood-hill-climb
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Once catalytic converters were mandated

There's different old car smells. Ever been in an 80s/early 90s car with a leather interior that's been roasted by the sun?

You mean that unique mix of grease and gas? Well cars became good that's why.

Yep, that's the one

When did cars become boring?

In the 80s when they started making cars "safe"

everything has 4 wheel and disc

the average shinglinglong tire is about as grippy as a supersport tire from 1990.

the advent of obd2 has significantly lowered the quality of the average mechanic too

Nowadays, an old car smell is usually a slight mildew and the smell of the old synthetic materials combined.

4 wheel abs and discs ****

So a Camry today can probably out brake a Diablo kek

>1975 oldsmobile convertible with pleather interior

I think it's more like a Camry can out brake say a 80s Monte Carlo

>dat yellow '77 Celica

Hnnnnnnng my penis can only get so erect

When they invented Black Ice

>Pull carbed car into garage and immediately close garage door
>Come back 12 hours later
>Das it mane

Generally, when smoking stopped being so mainstream that everyone did it.
Cars became harder to sell when they stank of stale cigarette smoke.
So people disinfected them so they'd sell.

It's not obd2 specifically. The profession just has no talent coming in, so shop owners have to take in shit techs to fill positions.

Love the smell of my car. Every morning its the smell of rich slightly unburned gasoline as it warms up.

Later in the day its a light musty mix of vinyl interior and old carpet.

And to top it all off a Royal Pine little tree air freshener.

Love my little old shitbox.

what would a talented tech do in that situation?

run diagnostics and change parts slightly faster than the dim tech?

>tfw you could own any car from this picture and be happy with it.

especially that dope ass hella sick tight celica

when car manufacters stopped using vinyl in seat material and bits of dead cow and tree and replaced carboettors with fuel injection.

closest you will get now is "new car" smell from air freshener

I want the blue datsun

When it got cleaned. Because all the smelly shit is gone.

Mulitport fuel injection and closer to modern emissions systems got rid of it. My catless tbi truck smells so much like raw fuel and exhaust in the cab it almost chokes you out.

Good eye good taste

This.

It's annoying how you can straight up measure it to the year.

>Using a boring shit V6 as an example
Try a real car, like this.

And we're obviously talking about normal cars.

>boring
Yea, no. You're just an idiot.

Aw, you upset a car with a real, V8 engine could demolish that pathetic fake GT while being limited to half throttle?

[citation needed]

Pic related.

Majority of purchases made or influenced by women = everyone do the same thing, the broads will think it's trendy!

Also drive by wire

>muh hp
>muh torque
>costs 5 times as much
>still not faster around a track

>paying more than 6x the price for a car thats only useful on a straight line
>having all that power but only being able to use a fraction of it while being slower around an actual circuit

>Holds multiple track records and made so many major manufacturers worried the nurburgring isn't letting them run it

>1/2 throttle, still more than 50kw more powerful than the GT while weighing less

>400km/h to 0 in less time than it takes your car to do a 1/4mi

>benchracing a car you will never own
>benchracing a car that will be raced by its manufacturer a few times and then crowned queen of the garage by mcmansionites

>when they invented new car smell
ftfy

>Holds multiple track records and made so many major manufacturers worried the nurburgring isn't letting them run it

[citation needed]

>1/2 throttle, still more than 50kw more powerful than the GT while weighing less

The One:1 weighs 2900 lbs. Last time I checked it doesn't weigh under 2800 lbs like the GT, so no. It doesn't "weigh less".

>400km/h to 0 in less time than it takes your car to do a 1/4mi

Okay? How is braking a car impressive?

>Mad that a boring V6 shitbox can't compete with glorious master race V8 even when the V8 is held back

World record 0-300 and 300-0, track records, car automatically sets itself up for the track by downloading settings, worlds first 1mw production car, worlds first (and only) 1:1 power/weight production car, with the wings off it'd be the fastest top speed car in the world.

Cute little V6 with placebo glass can't compete

No just laughing at you benchracing a car that you will never own, drive, touch, or even smell and using that to somehow justify V8 superiority

It's like saying automagic transmissions are fastest because BAC mono, when in reality, you live in a world of corolla vs. civic.

>2800lbs
That's so cute, how you believe it.
Ford said '2890' which translates to '3000' dry when you take away the bullshit.
The One:1 is that weight when fueled.

And yet you'll never drive the cute little V6, either. Because ford decided to price it with the big boys with the real V8 and V12s.

>ford said
[citation needed]
>still no evidence
Boy, I bet you're going to be real mad when you realize Ford has more Lemans wins than Koenigsegg too.

They're not really in the same ballpark. What are you trying to prove? Comparing it to the Hennessey Venom would be interesting.

OOPSIES! I made a mistake in my post. Koenigsegg actually has no Lemans wins at all. ;^)

>going on about lemans
Cool. How often do you drive your LMP on the streets?

We're comparing road cars, chump. And the shit sounding, slow V6 just can't keep up.
Can't wait to watch the videos of an old GT you can buy for 1/2 the price demolishing a new one because it's using a real engine.

>a fucking GTR beats a Koenigsegg around goodwill
>the gtr has literally less than half the horsepower

BTFO!!!!

V6>V8

fastestlaps.com/tracks/goodwood-hill-climb

kek, my sides!

KOENIGSEGG BTFO!!!

>koenigsegg cuck btfo so hard he stopped replying

>alphonse did it again

you are a master shitposter

thanks, i try my best

you people need to get a life and delete all your anime and reaction pcitures

assmad koenigsegg fangirl spotted

'95 hilux

when you get close it's the sweet ATF smell (leaking steering box).

inside it's kinda neutral unless it rained and the mold growing behind rear seats spurted to life

when idling stingy half burned diesel stink

when driven hard some funny smell, like wood smoldering, don't know where that comes from, always reminds me of the forest

DD Ford Focus- plasticky new car smell despite being 10 years old

The interiors smell the way they do because vinyl.
The Gasoline smell is because Carbs.
The diesel smell is particle filters and "cleaner" engines

>catalytic converters

So the hydrogen sulfide masks all the other odors.

my evo smells of unburnt fuel and exhaust gasses

its scary to all 5senses

>my Evo smells like a fuck shack used by horny mike and his gang of homeless faggots
Ftfy