QOL mods:
pastebin.com/WeKUygSf

Wiki:
starbounder.org/Starbound_Wiki

Item ID Repository:
starbounditems.herokuapp.com/

Serverlist:
pastebin.com/8TNruA0p

Server Points of Interest Sheet: (finding /sbg/ on various servers)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1eaPqQC4u3LnlMdP_RAGxAFCJLYZ0ZcO1XTDpOWA9EBk/edit?usp=sharing

Zinc's Discord
discord.gg/Tk9wpth

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/document/d/1BTvQY1q4XKfSNOee92GseDi7ZUe1k94FeHOUwizHBQo/edit
docs.google.com/document/d/1mAn72hiL3ulAs6iHlk2-vr_VcooifEyV0fBePlg_eTs/edit
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=735524956
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

first for glitch

WINDS
GIVE ME YOUR MIDI FILES

u wot?

>Is there any way to move or transport livestock animals?
You'd think that those pokeballs would be the perfect way to move livestock. Nope.

Post drawfag art

Is there any retard-friendly tool to do dungeons? I'd FILL the world with cool shit if I could.

I love whenever someone draws the angry ship pet in the background.

I now have 4 food bowls on my ship, fill them all up before going to a planet. Pet still mad.

nth for I want to marry Leadhead and cuddle him as we both drift to sleep!

Pets like and dislike different foods depending on which racial pet you have, I think; maybe try a different variety of food?

Yeah, I did the drop food item, see if it likes it or not thing. Cat loves raw meat and grape apes. Problem is I spend 20+ minutes on a planet while food only keeps it happy for 10 minutes.

>giving a shit about the pet Cucklefuck forced on you

This. The pet's are so wirthless and stupid. Also I love how they force humans with the most anti-masculine thing like a fucking cat, I hate cats why not a dog? They don't call them man's best friend for no fucking reason, assholes.

>cats
>anti-masculine

You have never seen a proper tomcat.

I dunno I've never been a cat person. I grew up around dogs always and from what I've seen cats are only for lonely old women that have 20+ of them pissing and shitting and fucking up furniture while leaving food bowls all over the place. Besides I don't think any cat can compete with a god tier breed like a German Shepherd, Rhodesian ridgeback or Golden retriever.

>Escape some cosmic horror.
>Barely make it alove with your ship.
>Alone to the depths of space.
>Did I say alone? lol no you have a cat xDD
Fuck that cat. I wish I could feed it to my mutant beasts.

Same with the crappy ship system.
>Mods make you start with a wrecked ship.
>Can build EVERY SINGLE BLOCK from scratch
>Lol no, here's an uglyass standard design for every race xDD
>Well, fuck, at least you're still a Riddick-tier survivor and
>Nope. Your background is that you're a space boy scout from space UN xDDD
FUCKING CHUCKLEFUCKS FUCKERS FUCK UP SO HARD THAT EVEN WHEN THEY FUCKING ADD CONTENT THEY FUCKING MAKE IT WORSE.

>Can't shape your own destiny like in Terraria
They keep fucking it up. Why make you be a stupud fucking boy scout space ranger? Waking up in a fucked up ship with head trauma and memory loss would have been fine right? Whoever shoe horned in this federation horseshit can go eat a bowl of fuck.

ยก>Make humans the best race
>It's actually fun because it kinda shows how based and mature we are as a species compared to the rest.
>Scratch that, let's have space tumblr instead.

I have a pet cat who goes outside every day and kills stuff

I think that's pretty masculine

>Not liking cats
Clearly you haven't seen awesome cats, there's a reason 4-chan loves the buggers.

Ok.

There is no way that burger got into that box.

are you saying that photo might be fabricated somehow?

Yes, look at the shadows on the drink compared to the shadows on the box for fries, different angles. That image is shopped.

>falling for the "breed" meme
>list a bunch of inbred wolves with tons of genetic diseases that are also prone to cancer at the drop of a hat

>t. Cat loving faggot
The only dog breed with problems is the Pitbulls which are the niggers of dogs.

>Old pre-alpha-whatever-the-fuck-state Starbound was
>Able to host a server for me and 3 friends

>Fully stable and released Starbound
>Server shits itself when 3 or more people are in

Thank god I didn't spend a dime in this crap.

/sbg/ Vanilla server when?

We should settle on one.

I second this.

Well I burned out on Terraria long ago, and now Starbound already feels dull after beating The Ruin, any autismo game suggestions that feel similar?

Factorio is the perfect autismo game, but it't not very similar.

Space Engineers?
I kinda liked Cosmonautica as a space trader/ship modifying game.

Most Terraria/Starbound clones are terrible.

Try Star Citizen.

I wish we could make a server that forces everyone into hardcore, and instabans you if you die, would give the game a lot more value on playing carefully.

You don't need to have a blade specified, and you can use directive?replace to recolor the handle.

Holy shit this general is dead as fuck. Where is everyone?

>I wish we could make a server that forces everyone into hardcore,
YEs!
>and instabans you if you die,
No. No need for that.

Space engineers is fun as fuck but it gets dull if you don't have friends to share your creations with.

Don't respond to him you dolt, it only encourages him!

Well, maybe no instaban, but something i would like as well is sever side inventory, beause people brining 100000dmg weapons and inmunity to everything is lame and would defeat the purpose.

Hardcore Starbound ain't bad. But it still feels incomplete.
mods and all sorts of things Starbound doesn't have like fun

Starbound lacked fun from the very start. It always felt fucking clunky and each update added in stupid gimmicks like fists and the staffs also only armor increases your health and stamina, really? Why not have special implant heart crystals that increase your life that you find underground? Then they shoehorn in this retarded fucking story while retconning more shit than GW does because it was "too dark". Also all the bosses suck in design and gameplay. All terrible with the exeption of thr Big ape which was pretty original. Apperently coming up with some unique space monsters similar to Ocram in Terraria is too fucking hard so just make a pink edgy ninja and a robot spartan.

Yeah, they could have used just a few borrowed mechanics and creature behaviours from other games and they would have a GOTY in their hands. But all this backpedal and all these changes only made it worse.

>All terrible with the exception of thr Big ape which was pretty original
I suggested that on the forums. I was really glad they implemented it.

I also suggested an avian sky fleet on a lava planet with awinged, beefed avian general as a boss

I'd prefer not to have a bunch of humanoid bosses. In these kind of 2d games you're suppose to feel like a monster slaying badass. In Terraria there was only one humanoid boss and he wasn't a pushover.

Dead game.
Until the next content "update" the thread will slowly die.

huh

for those who've played with modding and Notepad++, is there a way to permanently teach N++ all available JSON parameters starbound uses?

I heard this game was shit but the newest patch unfucked it?

We can also have that.
TRIGGER WARNING

Still shit. The newest patch only unfucked it just a tiny bit.

What's so triggering about this?

I was a casual as a kid and this guy took a lot of tries.
Would be a nice starbound guard-miniboss design.

I should've expected as much from information I get from my normalfag friend.

rate my shitty airship, and forgive the poor image splicing job please

That's not going to happen until /sbg/ hosts one. This is a dark time for vanilla players.

What's her name?

Lacunita

Not bad but I seriously don't understand how the fuck that thing stay's in the air just from those shitty ass propellers. Did Chucklefuck not think things through before "hurhurhur air pirates lol". There aren't even cloud blocks in the game so you can maybe explain that there's a machine manipulating clouds to fly.

Whoa whoa whoa, WE didn't decide anything. Two of you faggots decided to just up and nuke everything because you guys were butthurt. I don't remember the people who actually built anything actually getting their two cents in.

That or actual space ships, which avians have.

Did you just kill a bunch of pirates and steal their ship?

RIP in peace Harambe

no I built it myself

#Dicksout4SpaceHarambe

You sure about that?

Except it was three of us, who all built the largest things there and were the most active builders in the first place. I'm not condoning the full destruction of the place like no one was going to be mad, but dude, it's in the past now and it's very unlikely to happen again. The only one butthurt about anything here is you man. Chill out. It's just a bunch of shitty houses made a bunch of shitty people on a shitty planet hosted on a shitty server. We've already made less shitty buildings on a slightly shittier server. There's seriously no reason to be THIS invested over the buildings there and the events that transpired other than pointless shit flinging. Move on man.

How do i get to the new colony?

>Come into /sbg/ expecting neo-/sbg/ with everybody sucking the games dick despite it being dog shit still
>The majority of people who are still around still seem to hate it

Well that is reassuring.

So quick question though.
What are the chances of mods fixing this mess of a game? And by fixing it I mean, fixing the lore, adding actual threatening looking enemies instead of the dumb as fuck shit we have now, adding new bosses that aren't pitiful, adding actual biomes that have their own unique hazards, enemies, bosses and loot, making the underground actually useful to explore etc etc

Also, if anybody can give me source for pic related I'll suck your dick, but not in a homo way because I'm not gay.

>grayles colony nuke
So was the badmin really going to ban everyone involved in the colony? Seeing all the bitching on here you probably should've just let him and his shitter friends have the colony. Then maybe the faggots bitching would've done something productive about it and crashed the server into oblivion.

Although I doubt it, they'd probably just be bitching about the badmin instead and they'd get a nice base to normalfuck up.

>majority
I want to say it's unanimous, but I know we have contrarians out there.

It's really just one really bored nerd who wants drama to post about. The other three people who were slightly bothered by it's destruction got over it quickly because they understand there's no purpose of being so invested in a home that's not even on an /sbg/ server let alone a home in this dying game at all.

Dunno. We can try.

docs.google.com/document/d/1BTvQY1q4XKfSNOee92GseDi7ZUe1k94FeHOUwizHBQo/edit

First doc was when they removed hunger and temperature, so I guess those suggestions may be useless now, but the perk system and the monster mods would be pretty solid.

docs.google.com/document/d/1mAn72hiL3ulAs6iHlk2-vr_VcooifEyV0fBePlg_eTs/edit

Second mod is a "let your autism fly" doc. Add there any interesting quests or missions you might want.

Good luck, guys. YOU're the ones that make Starbound fun. Have a qt ayylmao

>fixing the lore
Define what this means. Depending on your answer, it could range from "yes, easily" to "yes, but with a fuckton of work that's better put elsewhere."
>actual threatening looking enemies
RNG mish-mash enemies will always look kinda dopey. No helping that, even with more parts. More variety would be nice, and more static enemies could possible solve this.
>bosses that aren't pitiful
This is half on the engine and half on the bosses themselves. Pretty much everything is going to be "run from it and shoot it " or "platform around shit and shoot it". The Kluex boss shows that there CAN be interesting bosses, but it also shows that, for them to be interesting, they're also going to end up samey. I can't really think of a fix, myself, but I'm sure there is one.
>biomes that have their own unique hazards, enemies, bosses and loot
We used to have that. I'd think that bringing them back wouldn't be too rough.
>making the underground actually useful to explore
Make the underground minibomes more like the old surface biomes. Tada?

I'm putting this in the OP as soon as I can.

Have a qt ayylmao?

yeah.... theres nothing worth shit on the new server.....

its now clear that you retards left grayles cuz your faggot friend got banned.

im better off making my own stuff

:ok_hand:

Not him but Starbound defintely needs to step up it's enemy designs. Everything looks too fucking cute and non-threatening. And when they try to make something look serious it's a joke like that purple turd ghost.

Is there anything in the soundtrack that makes it worth not completely replacing with Metroid music?

There is the outpost song...but it get's annoying really quick and I wnd up replacing it with the Institute theme from Fallout 4.

/Computer illiterate/ here, can I download steam workshop mods with the pirated version somehow?

>Fallout 4.
kys

Download them from elsewhere.
If they are only on steam workshop, you could get someone with the steam version to download the mod and upload it elsewhere.

Hey, Anons. How goes the base building? Just finished up my base's reactor.

use workshopdownloader

Thanks, could someone please upload steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=735524956 ?

doesn't work with starbound

Would be nice if we could get all these creations and get it into a massive database that adds random dungeons into the game.

But instead we got the shitty proc gen.
Your stuff looks great, guys.

Did Chucklefish add in anything lately?

>not pirating bad games for shits and giggles with mods
no you kys.

The last time I played this game there were like 4 quests before it completely stopped and there was nothing else to do. I just downloaded yesterday and I added a couple mods.

Is there a guide anywhere to show me how to make the best bases right off the bat and the most most efficient way to earn /craft the best loot? I want to own my planets.

To frackin universe, or not to frackin universe?

Depends.
Do you want a fuckton of ores that do nothing but craft more stuff for a false sense of progression, but have more biomes?
If you do, backup your universe folder before.

>try harding in STARBOUND
woah dude. I didn't even know this was possible. If you figure this out, do share.

What's the best way to get pixels?

>Complete Protectorate mission, collect all the loot you can from every box.
>On the first planet, loot EVERY box, and take every box. Grab any objects you find and every seed you can, too.
>Craft the Inventor table, craft until you make an anvil.
>You'll have unlocked the Outpost because you get all the fragments you need from boxes and the poptop mother.
>Sell everything except your sword. EVERYTHING.
>Complete the moon base and loot every chest/locker you find. You don't need armor to get through this.
>Return to the outpost, sell everything
>Fly to any forest/desert in your system, collect all the
>Craft your Breathing EPP at the anvil
>Buy Erchius Fuel from the Outpost since you've got enough money to probably fill the tank entirely by now
>Focus solely on upgrading your EPP, Furnace, and Anvil.

Tryhard mode unlocked.

I'm scanning stuff, but sometimes it doesn't show up in the pixel printer menu. Specifically, red lights and blue lights. I've scanned them in on an older character and it worked just fine.

What's the deal?

Not everything is 3D-printable.

>Last update two weeks ago
>Mod showcase