Just bought an 06 mustang used with 155,000 miles

Just bought an 06 mustang used with 155,000 miles.

Test drive was fine

First thing I did was change the oil and the air filter, which was black as shit.

While at the shop they said brakes and tires were in good shape.

Anything else I should do to the car?

Get rid of it and buy a gt manual
>fucking auto v6 Jesus christ

What do you want to do with it? Personally I'd remove all the stripes and get a different set of wheels.

Drive off a mountain

Or just buy a better model

>Anything else I should do to the car?

Lol okay let me rephrase this. My gf bought this car. But I'm saving up to buy a gt manual lol

Nice. How much are you gonna spend?

Not sure. I'm broke as fuck right now. I was looking to get an older model before 2005. I'm pumped cause I never had a stick shift car or a car with a v8 engine. Gonna be a good summer

Nice, I have had a couple 99-04s. I recommend them 100%. They are cheap, reliable, and have cheap aftermarket. Plus they are underrated as hell. They really can dyno about 260whp with intake and exhaust. Thats more like 300 HP, which is really good when you consider that they are 3280 pounds stock.

People hug the nuts of F bodys and LS cars. My family had a Ls1. The motor itself was reliable, everything else on the car was junk even though it was babied like hell. It had exhaust and 6 speed, I could still hang dead even with it in a race. Now that I have 4.10s, I know for sure I'd destroy it in a drag. Oh, and they cost twice as much. But I have to admit that it was a beautiful car.

Welcome to the stang gang, OP

What you should do is...

Drain and replace transmission fluid ( this is very key, especially at 155k miles )
Change power steering fluid
Change out coolant
Change out serpentine belt

All of this can be done easily by yourself too.

for quick cosmetics install a sequential taillight kit and swap out the huge 3 foot antenna for an 8in compact one that doesnt fuck up the profile.

fag

My cuck, 99-04 GTs barely have 225rwhp

By exhaust you mean long tubes as well, right because that's what you'll need to get 260rwhp on those cars lol.

... there's another kind?

Congrats, OP. Only think you should do now is take care of it.

>broke as fuck right now
>saving up to buy a gt manual
>Gonna be a good summer

So you're "broke as fuck" as of yesterday, but plan on buying a car over the next couple months...?

>Changing the transmission fluid at 155k miles when the previous owner probably never change it at all.

DO NOT LISTEN TO THIS GUY OP, YOU WILL FUCK YOUR TRANSMISSION BIG TIME.

>155,000 miles

How much did you pay? That is a lot of miles for a car that is known to be abused all the time

no you won't. a flush would be bad, but just a drain and fill would be fine.

How does one abuse a v6? I mean you have to wot them to get them to driving speed already