back when cadillac was good

Other urls found in this thread:

mcsmk8.com/8-6-4/8-6-4.HTM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

What is wrong with them?

>American cars
>good

everything

Cadillacs have always been good. The only thing questionaly was when they introduced the V8-6-4 in the 80 since it was hugely unreliable. But Cadillac kept at it over the years and cylinder deactivation is no commonplace and reliable. Thanks to Cadillac.
Other things to thank Cadillac for:
>accepted car control layout
>ABS brakes
>limp home mode
>memory seats
>magnetic shocks (like those used by Audi, Porsche, and Ferrari)
etc etc.

so what pre 1970?

i miss boats

>18 feet long
>500 cubic inch V8
>over 2 tons
Based land barge

YES. Almost bought one last year...

I've always wanted one of those or a first year Toronado but I don't know how reliable those front wheel drive transmissions are.

>MOM I POSTED IT AGAIN PLEASE GIVE ME ATTENTION

>but I don't know how reliable those front wheel drive transmissions are.
They;re fucking bulletproof. They aren't transverse so there's nothing to worry about. They were so overengineered that the entire drivetraing from the 66 Toronado was used, unmodified, in the 1970s GMC Motorhomes.

Pic related. Those transmissions.

been looking at an 85 Eldorado, how are those?

The last model year for the longitudinal FWD transmissions. Fantastic reliability-wise, so long as it doesn't have the V8-6-4.

>so long as it doesn't have the V8-6-4.

damn. no idea of knowing that till I go see it...

They did the opposite of bmw did in the 2000s in more extreme they changed for the best.

The V8-6-4 engines are fine, so long as you disable the cylinder deacticvation system and run on all 8 cylinders all the time. The V8-6-4 would be the 6.0L V8 IIRC.
mcsmk8.com/8-6-4/8-6-4.HTM

Even then the only problem with the V8-6-4 is 6 cylinder mode where the engine vibrates badly and makes people think there's something wrong with it. You'll notice all the current modulated displacement versions only do V8 and 4 cylinder mode and that's the reason why. Some that still run the V8-6-4's use a toggle switch to activate 4 cylinder mode on the highway and leave it in V8 everywhere else.

One word, my ignorant friend, one word.
Let it dance on your tongue like the dinner of a bulimic.

Cimarron.

didnt they discontinue the 8-6-4 after 1981 though? a 1985 caddy wouldnt have it, but might have the other one, the "High Technology" engine

Yes, an 85 would have the 4.1

thats a shame.

>What is wrong with them?

Maybe nothing. But they all seem to be driven by geezers peering between the top of the steering wheel and the dashboard.

Their market base is urban ghetto who feel the need to aftermarket the car to hell