Why is the Focus RS sold above MSRP?

Why is the Focus RS sold above MSRP?

It's just that good.

because you stupid sheep will buy whatever Veeky Forums makes a general thread dedicated to

its not even fast

Because people are willing to pay it. And the hype is unreal. I'm getting one. But I'm not paying any markup. You just have to search.

All automakers are detuning their vehicles.

Put exhaust and a tune on one of these, it'll knock your socks off.

this.

Its plenty quick, but it won't win many drag races. that's not the point of it anyways. Buy a mustang/camaro if you want cheap power for straight lines.

How is this FWD biased econobox better than an STI for 35k?

It happen the same when the new civic type-R was launched.
Just people trying to cash in on having preordered it.

it isnt. It's a mememachine. Everyone was hyping it up as the best new affordable sports car to hit the market. Oh the STi is getting stale, the RS is going to shake things up, it's the same price but has way more power and is lighter! Of course anything too good to be true isn't, and its going for way more than the STi.

>FWD biased

There's a little more to it than that. It will bias power to the rear in most 'spirited' driving situations to mitigate understeer. Most people who've driven the car agree that it has none of the characteristics of a FWD car. It has active rear wheel torque vectoring to achieve this. The STI does not. The STI and the RS have brake based torque vectoring up front. The STI has an LSD up front, the RS does not. The RS has more HP, a better interior, and is faster. That's why. They start at the same price if you can find it. Which is difficult, I'll admit. But it can be done. A no option STI at 35k vs a no option RS at 36k, I'll take the RS every time.

same guy here

I'd like to point out that I do wish that Ford put an LSD up front. They were considering it, but it would have made things too expensive.

drift mode is a fucking gimmick

Yes it is. It still doesn't understeer in Normal, Sport, and Track, if that's what you're getting at.

butthurt subaru cuck spotted

A fun gimmick

I've seen some videos where the car seems to lose power when barely starting to lose traction
only one butthurt is you

>projecting this hard

Because Ford hyped the shit out of it. Look at the GT350 and thr new GT. Both are limited, hyped to hell, and both are trading over MSRP, if you can even find one. Ford applied the same strategy to the RS.

Now, if they could just make a Fiesta RS....

>it won't win many drag races
>its not even fast
It's plenty fast, and it'll win most day to day stoplight drags, unless it's sitting next to an A45 AMG. It's about as fast as a stock R33 Skyline, which wasn't really a slouch.

It's FWD based, not FWD biased. Unlike traditional shitty Haldex systems, it can actually actively send power to the back wheels.

Because retards from Jalopnik are convinced it's worth 50k, despite the fact that you could be buying a lightly used Cayman S for that money.

The RS is also going to be outmoded in two years when the new STi and Golf with 420 hp are released.

STI a ShIT

its actually that good
it's been extremely hyped
it has a small production volume
because dealers

Hellcats were marked up 20k when they came out

"Suggested Retail Price"

Is the STI not based off the FWD Impreza which is a economy car?

Ahaha.

Considering they both cost about the same and have the same power but one has 4 doors, I'd say it's about right.

>ford focus intensifies
I hear the manual version is fine, but they've handled the whole thing so atrociously, it's like they didn't learn a damn thing from losing most of their market-share to imports, that because of it I'd never consider buying a Ford

You think people here know they make fwd Imprezas?

>but they've handled the whole thing so atrociously
what do you mean by this?

Do you have any real world times?

lmaoing at that price hahahaahhahahaah

Give it a few years like the Focus ST. For awhile you could buy them for almost the same price as a Fiesta ST

>and void your warranty

No, the FWD Impreza is an adaptation of Subaru's AWD system, not the other way.