Monster Hunter General - /mhg/

Multiplayer: How do you like it? edition

>News
-capcom-unity.com/monster_hunter/blog/2016/07/28/monster-hunter-generations-2016-tour-kicks-off-in-toronto-on-aug-6th
-gematsu.com/2016/08/capcom-announces-tgs-2016-lineup
-siliconera.com/2016/05/16/capcom-new-monster-hunter-game-along-major-titles-planned/

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

mhgen.kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Passcode: 7243 / Search
In Generations, Objective: Gathering
In 4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, MHFU, MHO, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/MonsterHunter/comments/4v80zi/myth_buster_the_real_math_behind_timeworn_charm/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Survey time

Village*/HR
Primary/alt weapons
Favorite specific weapon
Least used weapon
Favorite monster
Most hated monster
What are you aiming for now?

What do you guys think about God eater?
Anyone willing to play on the 30th when it's released on steam?

And to think people hate these things

>6*/187
>GL/CB
>GS
>Zinogre
>Azure Rathalos
>Started a new file in 4U to cool down my frustration of not being able to solo the deviants to level 10

Think you've got the wrong thread bud.

6*/99
DB/GS
deathprize
charge blade
qurupeco
pink rathian
LF arena partner for brachy

We did it, reddit!

>7/97
>HH/SA
>Swell Shell
>CB
>Deviljho
>Glavenus
>Completing the last few village quests

>enter zone
>tigrex pins me to the wall and makes me his bitch
He wouldn't stop charging, even when playing dead I got up and the hitbox was still there

>6*/266
>Bowgun/Basically everything
>Ashen Eclipse
>Hunting Horn
>Glavenus
>Gypceros
>Refining my endgame sets

>Village*/HR
6/7
>Primary/alt weapons
SnS/LBG
>Favorite specific weapon
Hana no Nagoriwo
>Least used weapon
Lance
>Favorite monster
Amatsumagatsuchi
>Most hated monster
Los's
>What are you aiming for now?
A good sns set to go with my hayabusas

6* Village, checkmarked up to 5* / HR97
HH/HBG
the zinoguitar, but i always use akantor dark melody
LS
Narga
Rathalos and any subspecies/variants
Thinking of how I'm supposed to beat double Hot Monkey dick and double Metal Raths for the final village checkmark.

News Update:
Charlotte made it past HR 400.
Congratulations!

What's a good low rank SA and CB armor set? I was just gonna go full AESTHETIC but I'm welcome to opinions.

I really like God Eater actually, and Hannibal is a really cool monster. I'm fans of both it and MH.

- Doing Village 6 shit right now before going into Guild just like I did with MHFU
- Charge Blade/Switch Axe
- Right now it's probably the Axela Blade. Astalos has gorgeous equipment in general.
- I haven't branched out with weapons this time around but Duals were my least favorite in MHFU, and this will likely continue.
- Favorite monster was Tigrex, but it's hard to say right now with all of this new stuff I'm enjoying. Seregios is a blast at the moment though.
- Fatalis by a country fucking mile.
- Settling on a new armor set. I've been wearing Malfestio shit 5ever.

>Village*/HR
clear / 201
>Primary/alt weapons
GS/ DB - Swaxe - IG - CB
Evening Dusk
>Least Used Weapon
Lance
>Favorite Monster
Great Baggi
>Most hated monster
Bulldrome
>What are you aiming for now?
check marking deviants, about 4/12 atm hoping to finish by Sunday

>HR 51
>Primary SA/Alt HH and GS
Urugaan GS. It's pretty crap, but it looks even more hueg than normal GS and it's shiny. Looking forward to a blunt set with the crystalbeard sword.
>Least used weapon
Guns.
>Favorite monster
aesthetically, gore megala. the way he uses his wings to like gorilla run just looked so awesome the first time I saw him. gameplaywise, ludroth or lagiacrus. as a tribaby both of them felt super comfy when I came back with gen, and no underwater takes away the most tedious features of fighting them.
>most hated monster
pink rathian had me in 3U, but Tigrex has recently been giving her a run for her money
>what are you aiming for now: hyabusa feather. Keep getting my shit pushed in by the twins in out if the fry pan so I'm grinding out some tigrex weapons for practice too.

>What do you guys think about God eater?
first game was good
>steam
who the fuck cares
is vita finally going to get translated ge2?

>Most favorite
>G. Bags
But why?

I asked yesterday but someone was very mean to me. Is weakness exploit enough to make tigrex hammer viable or do I need critical eye +2?

>6* (Fully complete)/85
>SA/SnS
>Silverwind Axe
>Gunlance
>Brachydios
>Silver Rathalos
>Something to keep me interested

trying to make a viable set for the rusted bow (that atk value)
Suggestions?

>put nigger cats in the game
>all they do is steal your shit

based nippons.

I played GE before MH, and because of that.
I already bought GE2RB on steam.
Hannibal best Aragami.

smug mf that goes from 0 to turbo in G rank. It was a pest and looked really awkward running as fast was he did, but still liked fighting it regardless

How is it? I'm kind of interested but the gameplay looks like it leaves a bit to be desired

There was a thread about this in Capcommunity's forums long time ago. Someone had thought is Capcom was racist to make black cats steal your stuff.
You need to be some kind of retard to even make that kind of conclusion.

git gud lol xD

literally /mhg/: the character

Hellblade will always be better.

It feels less like they wanted to cash in on monhun and more like a bunch of monhun fans thought they could do better and went with what they thought was better (and then got their boss to approve it by saying they could cash in on monhun)

This pissed me off because I literally soloed that quest.

>you need to be some kind of retard to do what /pol/ does on a daily basis
i mean, yeah

A bit more anime than monster hunter and also general easier. I cannot really describe it but it's fun. You could just download the psp emulator PPSSPP and the god eater burst iso and test it on your own.

Cringe.

Should i play MH4U or MH:Generations first?

The only monhun i've played bearlier were 400+ hour of MH:FU and ~150 hours of MHP3rd.

I've lurked the threads a bit and it seems that MH:G is to MH4U what MH:P3rd is to MH:FU, might have it wrong.

I may do that if I can find the time, thanks.

dumb cringeposter

Are you interested in the multiplayer? If so we could play together on release.

>MH:G is to MH4U what MH:P3rd is to MH:FU
yes

How do I farm Coal hearted solo?

MHG is to MH4U is what MHP3rd is to MH3. Essentially Portable 4th.

I want to fucking eradicate the entire Thunderlord Zinogre species and wipe them out forever.

There is no other monster that can combo you down from 100 to 0 at will if it connects a single hit.

But he can.
Got hit once? Well you better hope the AI doesn't want to kill you, because it's now 100% and entirely up to it whether you die or not in an unavoidable combo.

>says the exact same shit even if you soloed it
Based NoA, right?

Don't bother getting 30 coals. You're better off just doing 10 and hoping you fill out your timeworn charm capacity before you run out of blue nodes. Definitely make the blue guild suit for charmer and add in gathering+

That's what I like about adept. If you mash the evade button during the animation you'll be able to fuck off without getting fucked over by that kind of bullshit.

well the entire village is full of assholes so it does fit the theme

The fuck are you even talking about, bring Nullberries if thunderblight bothers you so much. I've soloed Thunderlord all the way to X and the only times I carted it was because of my own mistakes.

Of course it's our own mistake because we got hit initially.

But once you get hit by him and knocked on your ass, it's a gamble. If the game wants to, it can just kill you at this point with an unavoidable followup, then you're dizzy and then comes the big hit.

I like Pokke chief and Armory Granny is the ultimate nigga.

>Armory Granny
not even a pokke character, they really should have brought jumbo and its best smithy back

Best smith is The Man though.

granny>man

I have to agree with this. The Man is based Native American Tanto

Man I know you all hate Rathalos, and so do I, but god damn I love fucking that nigga up. Few things are as satisfying as thoroughly whipping a Rath's ass.

neither
play the original monster hunter and work your way up to generations
then bitch about all the changes you don't like

I wonder if they make a poogie onahole?

I can't really imagine the scenario, what specific combo are you talking about? If you mean the headbutt + followup then you're outta luck since that's just how the move has been designed (even regular Zin has a similar combo).

S'wrong with you?

>first pink rathian hunt
>audibly yell in excitement as I SAED her face while she slept
Best way to kill monsters

Felix pls

>The Man will never stick his little Man inside you

feels bad man

>tfw double Rath hunt
>tfw killing both in the same area
We truly are the real monsters.

>little

What are the best free damage moments for monsters?

>When agnak sticks half his body out and uses his laser
>When duranboros flings himself up and onto the ground
>When tigrex charges when he's tired
More?

Fatigue

/thread

There isn't any other pair of Monster Hunter games that are really analogous to MH4U and MHG.

FU to P3rd is about what you'd expect in terms of how the content compares, but that was second-generation to third-generation and all that that entails. 4U and Generations are both definitely fourth-generation games, and styles/HAs don't really change that.

It's also not really an expansion of 4U the way that Tri->P3rd->3U were, because it drops a ton of monsters that were in 4U and mostly adds back the ones that hadn't shown up since 3U or FU.

They're different enough, without either one making the other obsolete, that you could probably play them both in either order, and get equal enjoyment out of them either way.

I want to BE the Kirin slut!

When Rajang uses its kamehameha.

Running pretty late there.

You're late, bring back the real kirin slut.

>need to get 2 altaroth jaws
>the fungus among us
>7 stomachs
>5 fluids
>arzuros bullies me
>give up and finish normally
>another 5 stomachs in rewards
>one (1) jaw

Khezu uses his triple electric shot and you're on his side

Rapists tend not to use condoms though...

get 12 coals and deposit 1 at a time. area 2 (avoid rajang) and 10 are good for getting to ten, as is the remobra funroom if you spawn near it.

Wrath of Rath is the single least fun thing in this game.

>When you swat Rathalos' punk ass out of the air and he's left on the ground writhing in pain

>plessy takes the bait

Cute ducks.

>he's a "dont eat" memester

Why is everyone playing this game so bad?

I'm pretty sure that 95% of all people playing this game cannot do Alatreon without carting to him. Evidence being all the rooms I did for Ala.

Make an online room and deliver 12 coals one at a time and then quit.

You can either eat for explorer or not, its up to you. If you do eat for it you spawn in the secret area, jump down and mine the stuff near the lava, then run up to the remobras in the top area and mine everything then farcaster back. Deliver your coals and grab a farcaster from the box. Then go to area 2 and get the rest of the coals you need and then farcaster back a second time.

If you don't eat for explorer then just... I dunno run around like a headless chicken.

Why are you even farming it? Nothing you can get from it is worthwhile.

Custom quests never.

A lot of shit you get from him is worthwhile, you clueless pleb

>the pleasure of being cummed inside

it's one thing to eat if you have a full party and everyone only needs three or four coals, doing it solo takes enough time that it's not worth dawdling on meals or mining blue and hoping for more charms

You're so retarded it's funny.

Eating is barely worth it in a full group.

But solo? You're a fucking idiot if you DON'T eat, you get a LOT more charms eating and mining blue than not doing it.

Holy shit kys. Actually, do whatever you want, if you want to spend even more time charm farming than needed, be my guest.

Such as?

>a LOT more charms
yeah, those 5 charms make a huge difference. the fact that there's no guarantee they'll be timeworn makes it even better. keep being a pleb.

reddit.com/r/MonsterHunter/comments/4v80zi/myth_buster_the_real_math_behind_timeworn_charm/

Even Reddit knows better than you.

>In Solo the Sakura original method (explorer and blue nodes) is by far a better method with 35% more timeworn charm after 8h of farming.

How does it feel, you retarded monkey?
Ready to put an end to your pathetic existence yet?

>Timeworn Charm at max

Does the Luck skill has any effect on the rewards? Just wanna know if farming Crystalbeard was worth it (it looks amazing so it would be worth it either way but still).

>it keeps getting posted
back
to
school

but yes. explorer is superior when solo

Apparently it needs to be posted when we still have imbeciles in /mhg/ who think not eating is better

Truly pathetic. And I thought /mhg/ was where people who knew about MH would go.

I guess not. You're all clueless as shit.

>In Solo the Sakura original method (explorer and blue nodes) is by far a better method with 35% more timeworn charm after 8h of farming.

That's why I only farm solo now. Much less of a hassle if I don't have to take part on all this drama of muh explorer.

Also, you can deliver 5 coals at once on the first delivery of the 12, so it is so much easier to do it solo now (in MP I wouldn't be able to do it like this because some idiot would probably fuck it up).

>there are people arguing about charm farming when It's a waste of time anyways
Just edit them in, if half your play time is charm farming something is obviously wrong with you