/twg/ - Total War General

Vlad Daddy edition

>The Grim and the Grave
youtube.com/watch?v=1yI1LVCGNpc
store.steampowered.com/app/404013/

>Call of the Beastmen
store.steampowered.com/app/404012/
gamesdeal.com/total-war-warhammer-call-of-the-beastmen-dlc.html (Cheaper)

>Patch notes
wiki.totalwar.com/w/Total_War_WARHAMMER_Update_2

>FAQs & General Info
pastebin.com/gZ1T9VCN

>Steam Groups
steamcommunity.com/groups/totalwargeneral
steamcommunity.com/groups/twgmp

>Total War Warhammer Mods
twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?2191-Total-War-WARHAMMER-Modifications

>IS CALL OF THE BEASTMEN WORTH BUYING?
The Beastmen are a cool faction but the pack is a bit overpriced for what you get. There probably won't be a price drop for some time, so if you really like the Beastmen then go ahead, otherwise wait it out.

>OVERCASTING SPELLS
Double click a spell (it needs to be a boostable spell and you need to have enough magic in the magic pool) to overcast the spell
There's a 50% chance that the caster damages itself though!

>QUEST BATTLE TELEPORT
Select your lord (make sure not garrisoned or in a stance)
Select the quest battle (on the map or through quest log)
There's a button in the bottom right of the quest battle window that you can use to teleport for 5k gold (when the battle's finished you're automatically teleported back to your original position)

>GROUP ATTACK
Group units with ctrl + g
Select your group and right click the enemy
All your units move and automatically direct themselves to engage enemies they get close to while maintaining formation

Mannlets be here

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lF_0tpqWdtE&feature=youtu.be
youtube.com/watch?v=URX21pDclOo
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

anime!

1st for Squigs

Reminder that Vanhal did no wrong and Karl Franz is the best emperor in a long long time.

>not 'Vladdy'

you fucked up.

KHAZUK KHAZUK HAAAA!

DO YE TAKE ME FOR A WAZZAK?

>dwarfs originate from germanic myth
>Always depicted as little scots

Why?

I only started hating it as I read more and more about it. I was luckily absent from the "scene" when the End Times happened.
What I'm saying is that you're full of shit and you can't dismiss people's tastes like that.

Easiest starts to hardest
Vampires>Orcs>Beastmen>Empire>Chaos>Dwarves

I blame D&D

At least Warham dwarves aren't as grossly scot as Warcraft or Tolkien. Plus the whole grudge thing and slayers give them a little more personality.

>What about people who buy it two weeks later
I just picked up a preorder key from a reseller (for less than the base game's price)

More like

Beastmen (Khazrak) -> Vampires -> Orcs -> Beastmen (Malagor) -> Chaos -> Normal/Hard Empire -> Hard Dwarfs ->>>>>>>>>> Very Hard/Leg Empire ->>>>>>>>>>> VH/Leg Dwarfs

First for Vlad Leek

youtube.com/watch?v=lF_0tpqWdtE&feature=youtu.be

>Yorkshire accent
>Scottish
0/10

It is a part of GrossScotiums.

Blame Tolkien.

It's a Northern English accent, and that's because during the time that Dwarves were entering popular consciousness via things like D&D and WHFB the north of England, particularly Yorkshire, was famous for mining. Everyone knows how much those stunty, malnourished little abominations love to mine!

Oh, and Dwarves like to mine too, I guess.

it's that time again! let's build an army, let's see if /twg/ is as good at strategy as they claim

RULES:
>each post competes for a spot in the army composition
>repeated units are allowed
>rerolls are allowed (simply respond to your previous post)
>already taken spots can't be replaced, no exceptions
>to be counted in, post as a response to this post, any of the progress posts or as a reply to a valid post (as a reroll)
>only posts with pictures will be counted (a post is still valid if it has a link to the picture, but doesn't have it attached)
>rolling dubs, on top of deciding the General, gets to choose the army's name (use the image's name for this purpose)
>for all purposes, the General is a separate entity from the first spot in the army
>if all army spots are filled, and no dubs have been rolled, the immediately next post will take the General spot (and by extent, gets to name the army)
>Heroes are allowed, but discouraged, we are building an army, not 20 good men

Can this army take on the Chaos invasions? what about Attila's doomstacks?

DUBS FOR KARLIUS MANLIUS, LEADER OF THIS GLORIOUS ARMY.

SIGMARINES READY

FUCK I FORGOT A PICTURE.

Rolling for Grace

Keeper of secrets for general!

It is the modern audience, people are so entitled that they think everything should be free and done their way.

Dawn of war is a good example, DoW2 only started with a space marine campaign, and the expansion was only Chaos yet.

As you said DoW had 4 factions and an expansion for 1 faction costing the same as beastmen.

Its the total memecuist audience that ruined pc gaming.

If you dont like something, do not buy the product its that simple. But the people who complain still fucking pay for it, they are massive hypocrites who think they are standing up for the little man or some shit.

Rolling for Lesbian Spellcasters (Lore of Cute)

Kisho ninja nodachi samurai get

Dwarf> Beastmen> Green skin> Chaos> Vamps> Empire.

Dwarf is literally baby mode easy.

Rolling for the one true General of the Night

kek

Tolkien had nothing to do with that.

Blame Warcraft if anything.

I always get a full-stack Grimgor plus Waaagh! on my doorstep by like turn 15 as Dwarfs

Rolling for Radi--, uh, This benevolent genius.

I can't handle the memes, thanks for those tasty (you)s, will host some other time :^)

Beastmen is well worth it though if you're a fan. They're the best horde faction by far, and the mini-campaign is actually pretty damn nice.

Personally I have nothing against the cost as they obviously want to get paid for the work they put in, and new voicelines, new models and animations all take time and effort.

warcraft is completely derivative of D&D and fantasy tropes though.

Which is not a problem at all because you can just get them to attack you while in tunnel stance.

No, you're right. I should blame literally everyone who came after Tolkien and thought "fuck original ideas, we're just gonna copy/paste everything this guy wrote and call it fantasy".

Sure.

But Dwarfs having these specific speech mannerisms cannot be identified anywhere in Tolkien's writings.

Their language is supposed to be based on Hebrew for fuck's sake.

Blame Bakshi. They wanted Bongolian voice actors since it's a Bongolian story, so the Yorkshire/Scotland/Northern/Whatever accent stuck, mostly due to the ongoing miner's strikes. If you were told that you'd be playing a creature that lived to dig tunnels, you'd pull a Yorkshire accent for laughs because muh topical comedy muh audience will understand this reference!

Rune did a pretty cool job portraying dorfs.

I am saying warcraft wasn't the cause of this either, it just popularized it in le current generation.

I took most of the badlands by turn 50 on my Dwarf campaign, i just stopped played because it was so boring curb stomping everything with quarrelers.

The only things i have not took in the badlands are other Dwarf, who are my allies.

Do we like the new DLC? I can't tell

it's half a charlemagne but only 2 ll's and some shitty reskinned units

You get Volkmar the motherfucking Grim.

That cunt alone is worth 10 bucks.

I think it looks good.

2 new LL with completely unique play styles.

2 new lords with new magics and abilities, and new play styles.

5 new units to change up a new campaign.

Units of Renown, each unit has special abilities that change the way they are used and could really give you an edge in battle.

I want it just for the new LL, Ghorst looks amazing.

Yeah, as soon as you take the Badlands the game just shuts down in pace. As Empire or VC you're constantly fighting eachother and then finally Chaos. It's 24/7 action.

Anyone have the /twg/ photo that says you can't 404 friendship?

I just find the Dwarf so un-fun, they are slow and provide no challenge.

Their units are just a variety of manlet with shield who stands there whilst your range kill the enemy.

Empire Campaign is fucking balls to the walls hard, its constant war with every nation, chaos orcs and beastmen constantly at your gates there is no way to hide. With dwarf once you control the bad lands all you need to do is stick a couple armies at the 2 entrances to your land and wait for Archaon to die.

>Volkmar has cool as shit abilities and stuff
>Ghorst has cool as shit abilities and stuff
>Vlad will probably have cool as shit abilities and stuff too

Fuck, it's starting to happen. New stuff is coming out that has more interesting campaign and battle mechanics than the base game stuff. Just like with Attila all of the factions started to get more and more interesting and it left all the base factions feel dull because their gimmicks were so tame.

I don't get it.

It's pretty much exactly what I expected (More really, I though we would only get 2 actual new units with each Lord Pack) and priced pretty much exactly how I expected.

Yeah I like it.

>Volkmar
>Knights of the Blazing Sun

Worth it.

Not much CA can do to fix that without expanding the map though.

Also, dorfs are just very passive and defensive in TT. Aside from gyrocopters there isn't that much in terms of speed you can add. Maybe giant goats like they did in Hobbit, but that's pushing it.

thanks

I think it fucking owns.

>Volkmar with his battle shrine
>Ghorst is a literal who but still some how awesome
>Knights of the Blazing Sun
>Flagellants
>Corpse Cart
>Mortis Engine
>Ghoul King
>Arch Lector
>buncha reskins

To be honest I think for $8 it's the best value DLC released so far.

Genevieve Dieudonné legendary hero when?

Lastthread someone posted a webm of some fuck awful CGI elves fighting dwarves on pigs.

The elves fired regular arrows but the dwarves fired giant arrows with something spinning around them? The fuck was that?

Tolkien dwarves were meant to be semitic though.

I just dont enjoy their playstyle, it is no fault of the faction i just enjoy a more aggressive and fast moving army.

Same price as Chaos but only 9 new units

I dont like it all

>empire gets a shit ton of units that are all about worshipping siggy
>random myrmidia knights
why?

>play the battle of Osaka in Fall of the samurai
>destroy the tower where they store gunpowder with my artillery because i am not retarded
>they come out
>kill them rather easily
>assault the castle
>all of my army suddendly dies for no fucking reasons

So am I supposed to get in the village, kill their one gorillion regiments and THEN attack the castle ?
If so what's even the point in destroying their fucking gunpowder towers if the battle is gonna last 5 days, and I'll have to attack from the rear entrance anyways ?

>Knights of the blazing sun
>Flaming attacks
wot?
>They blind the enemy with their shields... which reduces magic damage
u fucking wot?

Chaos had what, 3 new units?

mary sue

The Hobbit trilogy.

First movie is goddamn great. Excellent family movie.

Sequels were a clusterfuck because of behind the scenes dickery. Peter Jackson basically had to continue where another director left off, and then had to scrap all of it and start from scratch. Despite this the deadline was the same because of board directors who refused to push it forward

>this guy comes up and slaps your girlfriend on the ass and recites a benediction to sigmar

What you gonna do /twg/?

I dont think WoC only have 3 units

Lots of religions in the Empire. Ever heard of Ulric?

>that digital brush

Amateurs.

I praise Sigmar, of course

They're a fan favorite. They will draw more sales than say the knights of the twin tailed orb or the knights of sigmar's blood would.

>First movie is goddamn great
It's really not though.

*bends down to receive hard transmuted cock*

I really love all 3 of the hobbit movies. I feel like I'm the outcast but I thought even the war of the 5 armies in extended was fantastic

Reread the post and try again.

I wonder what's a girlfriend and why I needed one.
Den I krump da git.

A far too late ROLLAN! again ;_;

youtube.com/watch?v=URX21pDclOo

>Flagellants have 10k health and 42 melee dmg
>Volkmar gives +30% melee damage to flagellants

this is gonna be fun

It's charming, has great effects, acting, props and clothes. A more family friendly version of LotR, which it actually is.

So yeah, fuck you, first Hobbit is great.

Stop posting this shitty outdated chart.

Damn, here's the up-to-date chart :^)

>It's charming
Nah, I got bored by the fight scenes every five minutes.

>has great effects
The CGI was a fucking joke

>etc.
Doesn't save a shit movie.

As soon as the game is released a drawfaggot needs to make a proper one.

Rolling

Also, what mods do you use /twg/?

Ulricans generally hate sigmarites though. But the entire theme is about sigmarites going Sigmaru ackbar and then you have the knightly order of myrmidia who believe in studying and academics and shit.

>a drawfaggot needs to make a proper one.
I have the actual chart prepared, only need the LL pictures from the online encyclopedia now.
Unless you mean the chart in general, well then fuck you and make one yourself

the first hobbit was pretty cool. 2nd and 3rd were a mistake.

I-I'm sorry user, I'm just bad at drawing.

Okay, you're an illiterate retard, I get it.

It's ok, I just really like the chart (and invested a bit of time) but I'm sure other could actually do far better...
But yeah, don't worry, I have the normal rolling chart prepared without the 'fun' stuff, so normal Mannfred and Sigvald

Mad shill

If anything it is opposite of shill, CA charged £6 to unlock Chaos are add 3 units.

>Born to raised the flag starts playing.

Why do I love Vlad so much?
It's pretty simple when I think about it.
Vlad isn't just the best character in the Warhammer world, he might just be the greatest character of all time.
Just imaging him riding through the swamps of Sylvania, the wind in his hair, his mighty steed below him.
As he rides through the World's Edge Mountains, the Lahmians swoon at his very scent.
They know how he smells, the essence of his smell is sold in Marienburg under the the name of "Carstein Orgasm."
The very nature of Vlad is mystery.
Could he be playing a deeper game than even his creator realizes?
The answer is yes, he has transcended such boundaries as the written world, and has free will to do whatever he sees fit.
However, Vlad is filled with such guile, such arcane craft that he does not even use these powers.
Why, you might ask? You will never know, for the mind of the Vlad is not one that is easily penetrated.
Vlad is such a force of nature in his realm that nothing can truly touch him, the only thing keeping him bound to the page at all is his will to exist within the preordained boundaries of his world.
Vlad is not only beyond the comprehension of us, he exists within a plane of true focus and beauty.
Observe his playful smile, his gorgeous and rippling biceps, his gallant nose, and most importantly, his eyes.
His eyes, like pools of saffron, provide the only glimpse into the true machinations of Vlad. Do not stare into them. Many good men have gone mad in the attempt.
Vlad is not just a character, a formless collection of words and images, he is himself is the binding that holds the Warhammer world together.
Without Vlad, the entire Warhammer world, the entire Games Workshop as we know it crumbles.
The Reik would stop flowing without Vlad, Athel Loren would become a desolate crater, and Norsca would melt without his frosty gaze.
These are just of a few of the reasons why I like Vlad so much.