>Motorcycle Pictures & Fun Webm

>/dbt/ map
google.com/maps/d/viewer?msa=0&mid=z7CKLSFiJH_M.kMZoQpBOKipI

>Motorcycle Ergonomics Simulator
cycle-ergo.com/

>Noob? Read this:
>Webms with sound
>Previously on /dbt/

first for /dbt/ is filled with poorfags that prefer shitbikes to new bikes.

Fuck off cruisercuck

>ice cream cone

Ayy lmao! house has a faster bike than your 1991 ninja 250!

>waah stop liking what I don't like!

8/10
Lost two for not ending in control.

fuck off

The jealousy is real

lets see you do one m8

how do i remove the white connector thing? am i meant to pinch it?

That looks like small town north Ontario.

Gonna start taking classes tomorrow. Got my gear and stuff.
How do bikes work?

Witchcraft and sorcery.

ptg and pull
or you know, look closer at it and youll figure it out

not quite, thats tenino WA

I never said it was a bad wheelie, just not perfect
And I need new forks before I wheelie. Either way my whillies are about 2/10 only good to piss off the cops and cater cucks

Bimmer can finally rev past 7k rpm. Just a pity it's pissing down rain so I can't fully enjoy it

Everything to shift is on the left everything to go and stop is on the right.
Here is how to take off
>let out the clutch very slowly
>Listen for the revs to start dropping
>Give it more gas
>Let a hair of pressure off the lever
>You should start rolling
Don't worry about shifting yet stay in first

>Stopping
Gently let off the throttle, pull in the clutch and apply pressure to the front brake
>At the same time fucking stomp your rear brake as hard as you can
>Stand on that lever
>Not really
>75% of your stopping power comes from the front
>30% from the back
>ALWAYS USE BOTH
You'll learn the rest later in class

Is a Kawasaki Versys a decent first bike? I've seen the Ninja 650 suggested and it seems like they use the same engine. My biggest concern is that it might be too heavy, I'm 6'2" and 160lbs so I'm pretty weak. If I found one for under $4k, should I look into it?

Also I don't mind the Edsel-style vagina face.

How do you guys make your webms with no sound? Every online converter I've used puts in sound.

>or you know, look closer at it and youll figure it out
Seems more like he shouldnt be touching his own bike if he cant into this level of cognitive problem solving

Anyone take an advanced rider's course over the basic, even with little to no experience?

A little too late for me as I finished the basic course classroom time today and have two riding courses this weekend, but it was 'never ridden a bicycle' basic and excruciatingly slow. Made me wish I had taken the advanced course and tried to bust everything out in one day instead.

JIZZ MACHINE!!! post that A sexualtrical face please. Its my fetish.

I think you'll be okay. I'd say start smaller but if you go easy on the throttle you should be fine

Webm for Idiots has a no sound tickbox, also use some video editing software to delete the audio.

WebM for Retards, sorry.

I guess I'll get a better feel for what I want after I take the class next month. I hear people saying how riding a 250 can be borderline dangerous at times due to the slow acceleration unless the throttle's maxed out, but it seems like there's very little middle ground between 250s and sport bikes that I wouldn't trust myself to ride, at least in my price range and newer than ~2000. A standard, more upright bike someplace around 500ccs sounds pretty ideal to me right now, but time will tell.

Speed bumps are fun

In all seriousness the 600 super sports are in between the 250s and the liter bikes. I had never ridden anything other then my DR 350 SE when i bought a F4i, the bike was not anywhere near as scary as people try to make them out to be. I imagine a liter bike would actually make your asshole pucker, but if you aren't a complete tard who cant into fine motor skills then you will be fine on any bike...

250's aren't actually that slow for the most part. Most will get up to 70mph fairly quickly and run on to 90-100mph.

It's the passing power that lacks, it just requires a bit of forethought to overtake.

>hurr u kneed da powar 2 get out of badd situashuns

Not if you don't get yourself into them in the first place.

Powering out of a situation is one solution, but it's not the only solution.

If you intend on doing a lot of hghway riding then get something bigger, but if you're pottering around under 60-70mph they're adequate. Bonus points if you live near a decent set of twisties.

needs more bumps

GS500, sv650, fz-07, cb500f, lower cc monsters, shiver, 690 duke, the cbr500r/650r, ninjas/er-6n, etc

Nigga, there's a ton of higher displacement standard sitting position bikes that aren't sportbike fast/unforgiving, but still faster than a 250

How is the DR350? I'm going to try and get a dual sport this summer or fall, and I keep thinking I've settled on a DRZ400, but every time a DR350 crops up it makes me wonder...

having spent a couple years on one theyre great bikes, nothing too spectacular about the power but theyll go everywhere you need them to.

IMHO the DR 350se, i have a low mileage 1999 model, is a great bike. Less money then the DRZ and it has a better gearbox, the 6 speed is much superior to the 5 speed. Also air cooled is tits for a dual sport, no radiator to puncture. It'll also cruise the highway fine to 65mph with stock gearing as well. Plus I imagine the insurance would be cheaper.

If you do buy one get a 98 or 99 model, they have the better cartridge forks and upgraded offroad rear shock as well as the 6 bolt rotors which are cheaper and easier to find.

What's their highway performance like? Will they do 60 for some distance? 70? 80? I'm looking for something to ride to the trails, then on the trails. But I live in Montana, so the to-the-trails rides can be longer and faster than most people's.

Plus the 98 and 99 models have the electric start, which is really handy after dropping the bike on a big hill and flooding gas into the intake tube and air box.

Headlights asymmetrical as fuck 0/10 would not rub gently

boring but useable, with stock gearing 60 is fine for all day. 70+ id keep to shorter jumps just to keep from stressing the motor.
granted you could always slap a 440kit on it for the cost of a good pipe and adjust the gearing and do just fine too.

Currently own one as a first bike (same color as the picture as well). Throttle is very linear and predictable. I'm 6'3.5" 240lbs and it fits me just fine. If you took a bike course and you felt confident on the 250's/300's they use then you should be perfectly fine on the Versys.

The Versys is built off of the ninja chassis along with the naked version the ER6N. Exact same engine just retuned a bit for more power down low. It also has longer travel and adjustable suspension, aluminum rear swingarm, and a few other odds and ends upgrades over the ninja 650.

Hope the person who designed the headlight configuration has been fired. It's the ugliest thing on the bike besides myself as the rider hue

coolness, thank you. I do really like the fact that it has a 6-speed and a tach. There's a 95 for sale where I'm at. Owner is asking $1800. I have to buy a new jeep first, but if I have enough leftover, I'll consider getting it.

Its german, he probably got a fucking raise for being innovative

I hate all you fags, i hope you fags get raped by tyrones and die of aids.

Exept for
angry user
Cc81something

Harley user
Rebel user
Drop user
Nighthawk 250 user
Wr user
cb650f user
Fireblade user
Copycat harley user
Marauder user
Balerares user with cb250

Strayan cbr1000 user
Wings user
Across user
Bmw gs user
Buell anons

Moffman
Nighthawk user
cb400f italian user
still no grom user
sv650 white user
mv agusta user
braid
cum tribute user
Dr350 user
gramps the peadophile
aprilia user
ohiostorm
cactus
fkg
german Katana user
banana ninja homo
blue sv650 user
SR250 user
Triumph Daytona user

The Holy list repels the Skid demon.

why no sub or wombatanon?
and wr user is a nobike again isnt he?

New wsg thread link for noisy webms
Everyone gave me compliments for my wheelies lol. They weren't particularly smooth buy I was trying to throw it back and scrape.

A little later someone said they saw a cop roll by as another guy wheelied so we started to get back on our bikes and I just left the group. Was a fun night though.

I had a scare today. I was looking in my mirror as I approached a corner, so I accidentally came in on the inside and unprepared. Chopped the throttle a tiny bit as I was about halfway through but my brain started working again and I got back on the gas and made it through.

hektik uleh

>Was a fun night though.
Did u fug?

no

Why do riders start doing stupid shit when in large groups?

Well you dodge a bullet with that land whale m9.

sometimes, dog, you just gotta fuck a fat bitch

What if she zucked a mean dick m8? Gotta give the fatties a chance once in a while

Mang that's tame shit compared to how I ride when I'm by myself. There's nothing wrong with getting together and having fun. It's a good time to do wheelies together.

Also puzzled by something on my way home.
>riding along in passing zone
>see car approach behind me
>after a while I thought I saw a light flash. Turn around and all seems normal.
>car continues to follow me through passing zone.
>after the passing zone ends the car passes over a hill

Got this 2 weeks ago.front brake light doesnt work so i mess with some wires...now nothing works...is gonna be a fun weekend

Thats the best. Tell me about it man. I just went from my 03 z1000 to a 16 fz09. Cant believe how much faster the fiz feels than the zed. Really cant imagine how fast that thing must feel. And jealous you have heated grips and cruise control!!

>front brake light

wat

Where is the fat girl?

she's taking up a third of the screen m8 how can you not find her?

Sorry.when i press the fron brake light doesnt turn on

I completely love it honestly on the RR and the R. I think its brilliant and refreshing and ticks all my boxes. I hated it the first time i saw an rr but have fell in love with it with time.

I just see a normal girl. How could you tell anything about her size in gear? She looks nice to me.

>fucking stomp on rear break
>stand on it
kek'd hard
nearly had my foot stretched at 360 degrees trying to get that fucking thing to work

Decided to fully open it up on the highway on the way back from the dealership and its a totally different bike than it was before.
>open it up in first
>power wheelies galore while breaking highway speed limit

I was expecting more vibration at 11k rpm but it's was incredibly smooth.

Heated grips are also under rated. They're my saving grace when I'm riding to work at 9pm and its 12C.

What's the yammie triple like by the way?

>105% total
My bikes isn't that gud

I've got light problems too :l

>tfw finally got my bike running again after a crash
>only need to wait for the jbweld on the cracked fairings to cure and then I can put everything back on

I like it more on the RR. The lack of fairings on the R make it stand out and look like an aliens head with LED indicators for ears.

So I ride a vstar xv250 with 3000km on It that I put on myself. My uncle rides a Honda nt650v with 60000 but just bought a new bike and asked if I wanted to buy his old one off him for $4000 (aus) or so. On one hand it not the sorta bike I'd personally pick, but I do really want something more powerful. What do /dbt/

>it's
I honestly thought i was downgrading. It was never on my radar. I thought it was below me cause i just saw numbers but i wanted to be in this decade. I loved my zed but felt it really showed its age. Mainly its just a maniac. Zed has a faster top speed but the fiz feels faster everywhere. Way faster. And just has so much character i feel like. I laugh everytime im on it. Its like a supermoto with a superbike engine where as the z feels like a naked sportbike. But these are things you never know til swapping. I think my favorite thing about bikes nownis how different they all feel and i really value that. Its great taking them both out and liking them for different reasons. Shopping for a small cc bike now cause how much fun i had riding my first ninja 250 and wr250x. Own all the bikes. Thats my advice to everyone. Enjoy your R. Id love to have it in my garage!

Look, I just added 20mph to my bike.

Right! I think it just looks the bees knees!

>carb

Phone posting standard autocorrect typo.

I plan to keep the R for a long time. Also have a 300exc for dirt and general mess about riding that I'll never sell.

Having multiple bikes is definitely the way to go.

Yeah, can't justify spending double the price of what I paid for this bike just to get fuel injection and an aluminium frame.

That im sure is a fun contrast to have just from my experience riding my "sportbikes" up and down my lomg rutted gravel driveway everyday and the wrx being the closest thing to a sportbike ive ridden. Im amazed how different it feels riding the zed on pr4s and the fiz on s20s on the gravel. Ill spin the pr4s up for fun on the gravel vs the s20s feel like i can barely turn the wheel without falling over. Would absolutely love a dirtbike in the stable. Plus all my moto gp idols mx and flat track in their spare time!

Finally finished up the 9r and got it back on the road. Feels like a whole new bike. Still need to install my integrated tail light and brake/clutch levers but the mechanical fixes, maintenance, new tires, and flush mount signals are done.

Now hopefully can get the new motor in my drz this weekend and have it back on the road too.

how did you manage to blow up a DRZ?

Stupid noob question. Picking up my bike on Saturday, do I want to grab a bus so I can ride it home or bribe a friend to carpool and have him/her bring the car back? Bike is currently ~2 hours away from where I live.

if the intent is to ride it home its up to you, id bring a friend if possible incase you have any issues

Carpool with friend. Fuck public transport especially if you're travelling for ~2 hours.

Idk. Was just cruising when it happened, granted earlier that morning I had been doing a lot of rough trail riding and then wheelies and other crap.

But crank bearing gave out and the shaft shifted and broke the case apart behind the front sprocket. Locked up the chain/tire when the shaft shifted back and the front sprocket dug into the swingarm.

Motor still ran great just puked oil out of the broken case when running.

My chain definitely wasnt too tight but it was very tight when I got it and I loosened it right away. I've always had an issue with it jumping gears maybe 1-3 times every time i ride. I'm thinking it got fucked enough by a tight chain in its past that it was doomed from the start and just slowly let go until boom.

But oh well. Total cost I've spent on parts is $700 and that's a whole complete motor off ebay with 7k miles that I'm putting new rings and bearings in just to be safe. Came with everything even stator/gaskets. So I'll have a bunch of extra parts too.
Then that also includes the money I spent on new chain & sprockets too. Will basically be a new motor. Bike has 22 or 23k miles on it. Didnt burn any oil before but a refreshing couldn't hurt.

I always have a friend go with. Usually have them drive my car back and I buy them dinner or something at some place decent.

If you don't have any friends (not trying to be a dick, I was in that situation november->april until I quit my shit job and moved back home) then see if he'll meet you halfway if you figure something out with public transportation or uber or some shit.

If I had stayed where I had moved I was going to buy a ranger or s10 for a dd just so I could buy toys and shit even if they were a ways away.

i'm about to go off the deep end

i think need a job

Do you even know hpe to ride?

no I'm not
fuk u

i did the bus thing and learned to ride on then way home

i didn't realize the speedo was in miles instead of kilometers what i'm used too and thought i was going super slow and it just felt super fast

i'm probably lucky to be alive

post more zx9r

I think I'm going to sell my DRZ and go bikeless for a while. How much should I ask for it?

>2007 with a little under 7k miles
>full MRD exhaust, 3x3 airbox mod, rejetted
>super clean, never been dropped
>only problem is an odometer discrepancy so the mileage on the title is 999,999

does anyone here just snap their helemt on with the thingy to snap the excess strap in place rather than thread it though?

every user here who did that has died when their helmet fell off

Today's haul including the clutch cover I've been waiting over a month for

Bought anything for your bike recently, /dbt/?

I haven't had it long enough to pic whore it much yet

wheel bearings for one, shifter shaft seal for another, oil for three, and light bulbs for the fucking 6 volts every fucking day it pisses me off