/msg/ - Maplestory General

Best Hero Edition

Patch Notes:
maplestory.nexon.net/news/15465/update-v-175-heroes-of-maple-damien-patch-notes
--------------------------------------------------------------
READ THE PASTEBIN TO KEEP UP-TO-DATE ON EVENTS AND NEWS!

pastebin.com/BAi9nL3e
Discord: Ask in the thread for an invite link.

>Aries
8x/4x/6x v174+ (Updates alongside GMS). Shit. Don't listen to shills.
aries.elluel.net/
Apply to Spooky and/or memeboi.

>Ellinia
5x/1x/2x v162.4 Dream server. IT'S BACK THE MEAT WAS JUST BEING SLOWCOOKED.
maple.ellinia.net/
Guide to connect for current players: pastebin.com/PwhQ3Euc
>BUDDY KEKCRO FOR HELP(and mail but idk his ign)

>GMS/EMS/JMS/KMS
EVERYONE WHO PLAYS THE OFFICIAL SERVERS IS SPREAD OUT. POST YOUR IGN AND MAYBE YOU'LL FIND SOMEONE TO PLAY WITH.
Apply to Waifus/Casuals on Windia - Pay2Win/LOVE on Reboot.
maplestory.nexon.net

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rDYfPtAeACA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

yeah yeah lets get this show on the road

Question for you lore autists

why did we have to fight cygnus

Is Mihile still trash as he's always been due to the block being inconsistent at best? Are any of the Warrior classes good right now?

And is Reboot still going?

Damage chart was posted a few threads back.

Yes

I got two Royal Coupons, I really hope I can get Shiny Ribbon or Young Bob Hair to look even cuter :)

Every warrior is a good option dps-wise. Except Paladin. And Hayato. Mihile if you can't land that block is pretty close to dead last too.

I guess they had to give a class that has a 30 second godmode, a res with a mini 10 second godmode, a self-heal you also control, a way to stop dr/super defense (magic crash) AND a bind some kind of drawback, pally utilities OP. But dead last DPS hurts.

What is the bind?

I want to love my Mihile, I think I got him to 187, but the latency on GMS makes the blocking mechanic annoying and inconsistent.

I'm considering an F/P, Nightlord, or Hero, anyone have input on any of those?

That was about Paladin's 170 hyper (it's a bind!) that works for 20 seconds and his other stuff, went off on a bit of a tangent there. Mihile has nothing of the sort.

I'm burning an FP. 2nd job is kind of shitty mostly because I'm use to jump casting

I think I'm playing Kanna wrong. She's too squishy.
Or maybe my items just suck. When do I start looking for items in Reboot? Leveling is fast so I out level my equipment. I'm 130 with level 100 gear.

Also is there a way to transfer potential? I have INT% in my shoes but it's still level 60. Should I bother bringing it over or just replace it? The level 60 shoes is 5 star but I can upgrade a 110 shoes to 10, not sure if it's worth it.

And I want a free pet. Maybe I'm remembering it wrong but looting is slow as fuck compared to when I played in 2003.

Do they just not want people to play their game?

I don't understand why 1960x1080 resolutions aren't supported, why the menus before you're in the game look like they were made in 2003, or why enemies still drop hidden items from every past patch and event.

I guess it's acceptable that monster collection rewards are once per account. Collecting multiple times would be hell

>1960
Fuck me, meant to say 1920.

>1920x1080 aren't supported
because it's not necessary and it stretches it out. Bypass blackcipher and apply mods if you want it that bad.
>menus look like they were made in 2003
they were made in 2002.
>enemies drop hidden items
blame GMS being so shit they never remove items once they're put in game, nor NPCS, for that matter, which is why we now have the event hall. They literally have the holiday variations of gaga going all the way back to his fucking introduction in the game's files, so when you go to a map with gaga, it's loading every single fucking one of those costumes to check if that event is running.

stop defending nexon

they're a shit company who can't fucking code anything and have decided that nerfing classes and replacing their key skills with items that you have to spend hundreds of dollars to get is better than attempting to make their game work better

that being said, burning a luminous = literally 130 in like a half an hour

>it's not necessary
only one extremely low resolution is NECESSARY, but most people that play games run a 1080p monitor nowadays and don't want to play a game that doesn't support that.

nexon is a great company. nexon america is a shit company. why do you think the american branch does barely 1/10 the chinese one? lel

>18 stumpy kills and no register
Boy this sucks

have fun with shit like PB

>activate 1920x1080 res
>it's the current highest res but with a border around the window
>the border can be customized by obtaining in-game items
>Zakum art border, Ellinia art border, default solid colour borders, etc.
Would this be an okay idea?

>these servers

Are the servers still laggier than normal?

How rare is the Hilla pet in reboot? I'm not going to spend money on this game.

or petrifying chaos stumpy

the lag *is* normal

Is this an anime mmo? Because there's a general for dead anime mmos, so we don't have to keep this thread on life support: Then again all the drama bullshit you guys go through might be best left here

I thought it's been laggier than the normal lag

Not really an anime MMO. It's a korean game, not japanese, and it gets updates.
>mabinogi on there
lel
that's just a bad game, not even dead, just terribly terribly bad.

It has more depth than any MMO.

it's easy, shouldnt take more than 2 or 3 days tops

not really. It's significantly less in depth seeming after you've played it for a few weeks. It seems very large, but in truth a very very small number of skills are actually worth training.

From Normal Hilla or the hard one?
I can't even kill normal Hilla at 130 yet. If I had an hour instead of 30 minutes I'm sure I could do it though.

hard. you can get carried easy, just gotta get to 170
drop rates on normal hilla are abysmal

>no clean fafnir bows in fm all week
Kill me

>you can get carried easy
By who? I don't really have friends yet or a guild since I just started 3 days ago.

reboot? join the discord, any of us can carry you

Alright, thanks. I'll just get to 170 first then.

Also how important is money early game? From 130-170? Picking up shit is annoying as fuck so I still only have 20m.

not at all. if your class sucks you'll probably wanna make a different character for meso farming later on anyway
especially if you're not opposed to botting, then you'll just make a blaze wizard or kinesis

Wrong the amount of skills that are useful and you have to train regardless of what you want to use endgame, is fucking huge. Unless you're a casual shutter who as you said only played for a few weeks in which case, disregard yourself.

>regardless of what you use
lel, no. Unless you're training a very specific meme build like bard or something a good 70% of the skills in the game are absolutely fucking worthless.

>having more stats is worthless
fucking lol

Does black cipher really deter anything. It just seems super awful

Wrong again and there's the evidence you know shit of what you're taking about so this is my last reply to help you fix that ignorance, as skills in other branches will give you significant boosts on stats or more utility in general, even the reward for getting a certain rank on any of the talents is worth training said talents. The reward being Aps usually which are a blessing once go beyond 1000 clvl. It's ok of you don't like the game but inform yourself

Except you're wrong and spewing absolute nonsense. Have you played the game in the last 5 years?

It deters legit players

>you cant solo normal magnus

Whoa your character level goes up to 1,000?

Cumulative since you can rebirth and start at level 1. I've seen some as high as 5k a few years back.

I feel like its back to normal desu

Do you only get 1 death in HT runs?

I'd be fine with that. I just want my UI to not look strange.

reboot streamer's mad he got caught FMA-ing
holy shit
youtube.com/watch?v=rDYfPtAeACA

What's that acronym

Full Metal Alchemist

Fuck my ass

Someone post the KMS damage chart I forgot to save it

>guy playing as a girl
fag

that's, um, male kanna

yes

What are some things worth your time to do in Maplestory aside from leveling after you've done your dailies?

Also Marvel Machine when?

>mfw I was busy playing real games

What other games do you play? I'm ready to uninstall this shit because of annoying it is.
>Opening quest window lags you.
>Chatting with an NPC lags you.
>The only way to fix a bug that was reported back in 2011, twenty fucking eleven, is to restart your whole computer.
>Disconnecting when fighting bosses.
>Selecting a character to play takes longer than a minute on the 'Connecting to world' screen.

Fuck this game.

Been playing the new deus ex

>Opening quest window lags you.
>Selecting a character to play takes longer than a minute on the 'Connecting to world' screen.
I thought i was the only one that experience this.

Nah, everyone gets them because of how poorly coded the game is. When you open the quest window it checks literally every quest in the game. I hear getting an SSD fixes it but I'm not sure.

>lag when zakum arms spawn or literally any other boss actually spawns
>changing channels takes two tries every fucking time

>fm owls take 0-5 tries to work

>lag every multi kill

The Korean Nexon is a stretch to say they are a great company heh.

Good lord

I'm almost 100% sure I've collected more than 150 items from the monster collection explorer book and I've yet to unlock the third slot, I've claimed at least 5 every day some days a lot more ever since it was released, what gives?

MesoMand boss exploits everywhere now. Goodbye economy.

>all these people using the meso exploit
>no cheap exploited equips in the fm

This game is such a disaster.

explain?

I think opening monster collection checks every monster to see if you've unlocked it as well since I see the counter going up in the top right every time I open the ui

Have you opened the tab to check?

Of course, you gotta open the tab every time you claim your rewards after all.

Then you need to wait for the counter to stop increasing before clicking the expedition tab

I'm sure I've done that, it takes half a second for it to do so.

how do I meso exploit?

Do streamers use the black cipher bypass or just play with the ms lag?

0284 00000000 00000000 00000004
0284 00000000 00000001 00000001

I have do download a cheat engine or something? fuck that

packet editor.

If these retards didn't spread exploits on to public forums they could've made a lot of money without Nexon's immediate attention. Cos you know Nexon is incompetent as fuck.

no idea why then, i've had no problems myself after i got to 150

You fight cygnus in an alternate future where she was corrupted by the black mage

wasnt it all some kind of dream illusion made by lucid?

You'd be right

more dailies
events, do that desert quest for free money
uhhh fuck around in the free market and try to buy power elixers for 1 meso
ummm grind
unlock another monster collection explore slot

Yea dude, all of this shit people mentioned happens to me too. Game is lag as shit

>do Commerci
>everything goes just fine
>shit drops tho
>as soon as I finish my last run I get a kill 200 monsters mission
>quick move to haven or whatever
>game instantly starts lagging
>get DC'd three times before I finish the mission
How does that even work?

Maplestory is notorious for memory leaks.

Which npc should get the Lucid treatment next?

Henehoe

Can someone explain how this Sylph ring from spigelman works and if its good if you don't have end game gear yet?

Can I use multiple w.att crystals on it and can it be starforced?

The stones are like scrolls specifically for the ring. Yes, you can use multiple stones, and no they can't be star forced. They are an ok ring (min/max crit or crit chance) if you don't have end game ones

>monster collection explore slot
Whoa what? I just saw What even is this? I wanted to save completing collections for the ICGs later but what is this?