Cars with pop up headlights that aren't gonna break the bank in up keep

Cars with pop up headlights that aren't gonna break the bank in up keep.

No boy racer just loved the pop up headlight designs from the 90s.

Most reliable car with popups that isn't $20k cause racerboi tax.

Other urls found in this thread:

miami.craigslist.org/search/cto?sort=date&max_price=4000&auto_transmission=1
treasure.craigslist.org/cto/5627861035.html
miami.craigslist.org/brw/cto/5606871035.html
miami.craigslist.org/pbc/cto/5636518531.html
fortmyers.craigslist.org/chl/cto/5637501960.html
sarasota.craigslist.org/cto/5571820410.html
fortmyers.craigslist.org/lee/cto/5588725799.html
seattle.craigslist.org/kit/cto/5613051221.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Dodge Daytona
Bonus if you can get one of the Turbo models. Later versions got non-popup halogen headlights and a better DOHC 16V turbo engine but it doesn't have the popups of the earlier models.

M R 2
R

It's a mid engine Corolla that'll kill you

bonus points for the intercooled Shelby versions.

they're all rice taxed. except the 914, 924, and 944

And its forever rival, the safer, much more comfortable, much more popular, and with a much bigger aftermarket, Pontiac Fiero

The Dodge Daytona and Pontiac Fiero aren't rice-taxed. You can pick them up for under a grand.

My third gen Accord beater has popups and 436k miles, that's pretty reliable right?

Not as fun as the sportier cars and not too easy to find (4th gen and later are really popular, but no popups), but should be substantially cheaper than a special snowflake sporty car.

Know that the cars can have carbs or fuel injection depending on the trim.

They made Preludes with popups too.

Now that's an idea I like. Let me check craig... The racer tax the racer tax oh lawdy.

Not really but a lot of them look like shit or are automatic. Gonna have to dig some more. I thought they were considered special snowflake because expensive to maintain.

i assumed op meant not shitty usdm

1986-1989 Honda Accord. Available as a 4 door sedan, 2 door coupe, or this sexy 2 door fastback styled hatchback.

mmmm... baby got hatchback

>racer tax
>I thought they were considered special snowflake because expensive to maintain.
The turbo models are both of those things

The non turbo models are cheap and cheap to fix. Literally a Corolla/Camry engine and transmission put at the back of the car.

They aren't shit. WTF are you smoking? Veeky Forums loves the Fiero and K-car turbos. They're on the fucking sticky.

>Veeky Forums loves
as if that makes a difference.
fieros are fucking trash.

Mazda 323F

Porsche 924.

Fieros are just as fast. safer, less likely to kill you, easier to service/modify, and has enough aftermarket support to make a Honda Civic blush.

This is convincing me more and more I should hunt for an NA when I go looking for one. Sure it won't be any faster than my current civic but at least I"ll be in style.

The Nissan Silvia's redheaded stepchild doesn't have the rice tax.

It will literally be thousands of times easier to find a Pontiac Fiero to fit your needs.

Not really. Fieros are endangered because of the body kits, and plus if he buys a MR2 he won't be driving a Pontiac Fiero

Even with the body kits, it'll definitely be easier to find a Fiero.
They sold tens of thousands more Fieros in the US than they sold, worldwide, of MR2's from 1984-2005.

Wish my coupe was a hatch... or a 'lude for that matter. At least it's not the 4-door, I guess.

The prelude suspension is interchangeable with the Accord, so there's that. IIRC, thats what that guy with that hatch did. He used the front strut, steering knuckle, sway bar and wheel hub from a same year Prelude. For some reason I can't fathom, he painted the calipers gold.

Pontiac Fiero GT 1987, $4000
V6, Manuel 137k miles.

I got no idea of these cars values but I do love the look.

The later Fieros are the ones to go for. New features were constantly being added every single model year. And the ever-increasing build quality is a nice bonus as well/
In 1985, the Fiero GT was added, adding a 2.8L V6 to the range. This solved a lot of complaints about the 2.5L 4 cylinder not being powerful enough. As a bonus, the V6 makes a fantastic noise.
In 1986, Pontiac responeded to complaints the car didn't look sporty enough, so GT's now came with the fastback bodywork seen here
1987 added a number of new features and deleted a few. I can't remember off the top of my head, but there were quite a few.

1988 was the last year of the Fiero. 1988 also added 2 new features. One was a new Fiero Formula model. The Formula took the notchback base model Fiero, and stuffed everything from the GT V6 into it. They turned out to be the lightest V6 Fiero's ever made.
The BIG news for 1988 though was the new bespoke suspension. The suspension was COMPLETELY redesigned for 1988. It handled so well, rumors went flying around that pontiac had Lotus do the suspension for the 1988 update. The rumors were not helped by the fact GM actually bought Lotus around this time.
By 1988 GM brass had gotten wind of Pontiac testing a new second generation Fiero, earmarked for a 1990 debut. The second gen Fiero GT V6 prototypes were beating their own Corvettes around the GM testing grounds, which is a big no-no. Nothing was allowed to be faster than the Corvette (that rule wasn't lifted until after the 2010 bailout).

Pic related, the final 1990 Prototype, powered by a prototype 280 HP 3.2L DOHC V6. The V6 eventually went into production (as a 200 HP 3.4L) in the FWD W-body cars from 1991-1997.

nice ae86 brah

Thanks man. Like the FWD conversion?

>FWD conversion
WHY???????????

because it's better.

Saw one of these for sale today. Never even knew this car existed before. The guy was only asking 1K too, but parts are apparently a bitch to find.

miami.craigslist.org/search/cto?sort=date&max_price=4000&auto_transmission=1
Put your money where your mouth is asshole

THERE IS NOTHING GOOD IN MIAMI

That's because it's Miami. Try looking for old people cars instead.

that doesn't even fit

treasure.craigslist.org/cto/5627861035.html

I fucking knew you'd pull that one. No, its not an option.

And if you include automatics...
miami.craigslist.org/brw/cto/5606871035.html
miami.craigslist.org/pbc/cto/5636518531.html
fortmyers.craigslist.org/chl/cto/5637501960.html
sarasota.craigslist.org/cto/5571820410.html
fortmyers.craigslist.org/lee/cto/5588725799.html

>yfw one of these is an ad for 4 Fieros, 2 manual and 2 automatic

Why not? fair price, great condition, manual, reliable Iron Duke engine, 40+mpg

>automatics
Thanks dude. asshole.
You act like I wasn't aware of those hunks of shit.

The Fiero is rare as fuck, accept it.

>gets shown Fiero isn't rare
>even a shithole like Miami has a bunch
>"waaah, most are automatic or 15 minutes too far for me to be bothered. They're rare cuz I don't like the ones I can find"
They aren't rare dickwad. You're just too fucking picky.

>pretends to be a car enthusiast
>yells at person for wanting a manual transmission
>keeps spamming threads for fieros for weeks

Honda Accord.

Ford Probe.

rx7

also, fuck off corey

>everyone from florida is corey
you're ruining this board

There are many things ruining this board, and it isn't that.

It totally is. Anytime someone says anything vaguely controversial they're immediately Corey or Alphonse. If it's florida and they need a car it's Corey.

To be honest I'm just tired of the guy shilling fieros every thread

looks almost factory

WATDM as fuark

Reporting in with my mighty FWD

Last time I checked MR2 shared fucking 0 characteristics with Corolla.
Except 4A-GE in AW11.

The AW11 was literally a Corolla with the engine moved to the back though.

I saw a few decent 80s MR2's the other day for under 4k in the Miami CL. North FL and Naples area usually has older cars in better condition from what I've seen.

2nd generation Honda Preludes are nice.

NOTHING
GOOD
IN
MIAMI
SPREAD IT AROUND LIKE WILD FIRE

?

Used to own one of these, good luck finding one though. I've literally seen 5 of them throughout the country (east coast anyway) and most are non-turbo. Also, no aftermarket

NOTHING IN MIAMI
THERE IS NOTHING GOOD IN MIAMI

move somewhere else faggot.
And stop being a picky little bitch, holy shit.

Do you think the second generation Prelude could make for a good TRACK car?

>To be honest I'm just tired of the guy shilling fieros every thread
Would you like a Fiero?

SPREAD IT AROUND LIKE WILD FIRE
NOTHING GOOD IN MIAMI NOTHING GOOD IN MIAMI
SPREAD IT AROUND LIKE WIIIIIIIIIILF DIRE
NOTHIUNG GOOOOOOD IN MIAAAAAAAMI

[citation needed]

>0-50
good meme

JDM 4 life

subaru xt if you can find one

seattle.craigslist.org/kit/cto/5613051221.html