/acg/ - Armored Core General: Texas Edition

For all newcomers, Armored Core and all JP mecha discussion here. You are welcome to shill western stuff with JP influence.

BEFORE YOU PROCEED LISTEN TO OUR THEME SONG!!!
instaud.io/jzI

AC pastebin:
pastebin.com/Ek3kMtZW
Read that if you have any questions. If the pastebin doesn't answer whatever question you may have feel free to ask us in the thread.

/acg/'s partially approved recommendation list:
pastebin.com/WSq32Amg (updated february 28th)

Steam: steamcommunity.com/groups/armoredcorevg

/acg/ PLAYS

SCRIMMS
>You can go your own waaay

SUNDAY NIGHT FOR ANSWER
>Go your own way

SATURDAY AFTERNOON VERDICT DAY
>You can call it another lonely day

Official Strategy guide PDFs for 2, 3, and Nexus :
emuparadise.me/magazine-comic-guide-scans/Armored_Core_2_Another_Age_Prima_Official_eGuide/1833
emuparadise.me/magazine-comic-guide-scans/Armored_Core_3_Prima_Official_eGuide/1635
emuparadise.me/magazine-comic-guide-scans/Armored_Core_Nexus_Prima_Official_eGuide/2226

AC related cover music: ripped from niconico by risto
mega.nz/#!j1l03AjA!beyftPD1gLIsymJC2gdmHpUecO4JHGbg6KdFQNS7htI
Last Raven build advice:
pastebin.com/RfbVYwwr

Now then, I'm going to spend a good chunk of today driving and my computer is going to be in a bag, so I can't keep this one bumped. That's up to you faggots.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ugtj-3SbjnQ
youtube.com/watch?v=qCTSVREJHMA
youtube.com/watch?v=ydeNsKBZsAQ
m.youtube.com/watch?v=hF9UufzGgYQ
youtube.com/watch?v=ouhVFWVHyb0
armoredcore.wikia.com/wiki/WG-1-KARASAWA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I was missing this thread already. I'm playing the games and am enjoying them but I have no one else to talk to about these games :(

Finished Master of Arena. The intro for that game is so good I really like it. (The song really helps too)

youtube.com/watch?v=ugtj-3SbjnQ

I thought Nine-ball was a lot easier than the time you face him in AC1. I tried out the Ex-Arena in disc 2 after beating the main game but they didn't seem too different in difficulty to the normal arena in disc 1. The arena in Project Phantasma was more fun imo, because it got really challenging near the top. The plus side in MOA is that you can make your own arenas with custom AI so that's cool.

Now I'm playing AC2, only did the tutorial mission and went straight to the arena. I'm playing on hard, and damn, the AI is... not great. Example of what happened while I was playing:

youtube.com/watch?v=qCTSVREJHMA

Most of the time I just stand still and wait for them to get close and blast rockets to their face. Rockets + heat = quick win. I'm at rank 12 now.

bump

Here's a really good calm piano track from AC1 Project Phantasma (I only heard it playing there not in the others):

youtube.com/watch?v=ydeNsKBZsAQ

Bump

bump

>I was missing this thread
Why?

I NEED SOMEONE TO LISTEN TO ME WHILE I SPERG ABOUT ARMORED CORE GODDAMNIT

Bump.

Hey cool we live once again.
Anyone on VD today? I'll be pulling an all-nighter anyway so I could probably find some room for a couple games

Any luck with the gamescon?

bump

Is Another Age good? Anyone played it?

bump.

Bumps.

bump

Bump

Verdict Day guise

/bgen/ - bump general thread

I'm going to assume you've just beaten armored core 2. Think of it as armored core 2's mission expansion pack.
>no arena, so if that's what you're looking for, don't bother
>ac's that you do encounter during missions have full ap compared to half ap from ac2
>over boost gives off heat
>no real storyline. Not that ac is known for its storytelling, but there less story in this one than other ones.
>a few new parts
>the overall game is noticeably harder than ac2
>a few boss fights that might tickle your fancy
So there's what I got from the game. I'll leave it up to you to decide whether or not to get it.

Does anyone know any good builds for playing the psp version of last raven? I have a light-weight build that's good for most missions and ravens but was wondering if there was anything better. I mean playing on the actual psp, not an emulator.

>already on page 9

Not so fast.

I wouldn't recommend going one build. But the one I commonly use involves a machine gun, a handgun, a laser blade, some missiles, and another back weapon of your choice. I personally go with a laser cannon which helps if you have quadruped legs. The laser keeps my costs low, the machine gun and handgun are good for picking off targets, the missiles help in AC vs AC sorties, and the blade is general purpose and a last resort. I'm able to finish about 80% of the missions with it, utilizing a medium weight AC. I'd buy a sniper weapon and a long range FPS for specific missions.

I think I'll ask a stupid question in hopes of getting the thread going. You know in Last Raven if you don't take the "eliminate enemy ac" where you fight zuben el genubi and rim fire back to back, rim fire sends you an email about how butt hurt he is that you didn't fall into his trap? What want I want to know is what beef he has with the mc. The nexus mc killed his father, but then died in the suicide weapon attack. So, unless rim fire just wants to be the last raven, there's no other motive I can think of for wanting the mc dead.

Bump

>already back to page 10
This board seriously needs more pages

Thanks for the advice. I'll try it out to tonight.

bump

So do the AC1 (PP and MOA) games have a timeline for them or are they just alternatives/what-ifs to the plot of the original Armored Core?

ded thred

>So do the AC1 (PP and MOA) games have a timeline for them
Supposedly. Not that it matters since they don't do much to connect the games.

Bump

How do you make your ai partner in silent line not suck ass? He keeps hard landing yet I've made sure not to do that when I train him

Does anybody ever think about what products the companies make outside of ACs and AC weaponry?

Considering the fact that they pretty much control the world, I'd say they make just about everything between cars and toothpaste.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=hF9UufzGgYQ

Early Arms Forts sure were wacky.

>page 9
I guess this is it. At least I'll be taking you with me.

bump

Just defeated Ares, the top ranking pilot in the AC2 arena. Didn't do a single mission besides the tutorial one. No Karasawa. Just missiles and rockets.

I just bought AC 2 what's the best way to make any money seems like I always lose some in missions & the arena seems to give so little that buying parts for a new ac is crazy

Later on the arena gives you a lot of money, so it is very worth it. Just sell the parts that you don't want in exchange for the ones you want early on and you'll be fine. I have like 2 million now after beating the arena and buying tons of parts. Only did the tutorial mission.

Bump

You can even sell the parts that you currently have equipped and then buy the one you want. Do this while fighting in the arena and your AC will get better and better and you'll get tons of money.

Another good tip is to use energy weapons during missions since you don't lose any money for using your ammo.

I'm actually doing the missions in AC2 now and holy shit the framerate just dies whenever enemies fire missiles at you.

I think it goes like this:

>AC1: Nineball has dominance, he dies, emergency nineball system goes into place
>PP: Stinger stealing the doomsday weapon prompts Nineball to finish the Seraph model ahead of time
>MOA: you have to stop Seraph form killing everyone

It's been a year since I've played ACVD and I felt empty the entire time

It's been over for a long time now hasn't it?

FROM is done with Dark/Demon souls so hope remains

youtube.com/watch?v=ouhVFWVHyb0

Bump.

Anyone know what's different about a weapon that has a special lock type, like the KARASAWA? What does the special lock type do differently? I never figured that out.

You can see here in this page: armoredcore.wikia.com/wiki/WG-1-KARASAWA

I'm talking about ACVD online team stuff

It's been about a year and a half/ 2 years now since it's been barren, right?

I miss the community

Bump.

Well, this is why AC shouldn't put so much emphasis on online. A multiplayer mode is cool, but it needs meat to the singleplayer. I think VD just did enough, but Armored Core isn't known for "just doing enough". I say come AC6, they just scrap online except for the basic multiplayer that they always do. But we don't need any more glorified Verdict Wars or factions or other clutter.

You and me both, man. And yeah, it's over.
It's a shame we haven't found a good team-based tactics game to migrate to.

Bump.

I think special refers to the sideways and lengthways fcs's

What type of legs do you guys prefer using most?

In general or a specific game?
In VD I like medium bipeds.

In general, but you can also choose a specific game if you have played one of them more than the others.

I haven't played any of them online yet, but is it like the arena mode, but online instead?

When the FUCK are we getting a new game?

Hover legs when they were a thing.

TGS it is, if Gamescon only was the DS3 DLC stuff, then TGS will deliver hope

>hasn't played in a year
>"guys this game is sooo dead :^("

I just had a 4v5 fight yesterday. Videogames are very much still happening.

Bump.

bump

vump

ded gaem, ded general

Bump.

bump-a-rum

Someone please. I fucking can't beat Royal Mist. It's been 7 years and I still struggle with this faggot, god please, kill this faggot.

bump

You could say ranked is like that. Otherwise it's your basic matchmaking service.

VD had that too, but it also tried to include map and territorial control style MP. Which isn't exactly a bad thing, but it's short sighted when you consider that VD isn't exactly a strong online game. It could've easily been remedied if they just had one global server, instead of splitting it into US and JP. But apparently the nips hate us with a passion.

>white piggu no make giant robot rike us!

>But we don't need any more glorified Verdict Wars or factions or other clutter.
Yeah fuck the Verdict War, I just want to go back to Neroimus ;~;

The whole faction based multiplayer thing is great when done well, but it just doesn't really belong in AC. Hopefully From will just make Chromehounds 2 at some point along with more AC.

I need tips for not getting meme'd on by Nine-Ball in Nexus on that final mission. I already consulted the Prima, which claims he will slow down periodically so you can unload. It seems like bullshit that never happens. I can barely touch the guy and it doesn't help that I lose about a 5th of my health after dealing with the wall turrets. Here's my build

yet they show ups from time to time on FA nights.

>those legs
Disgusting

Bump engaged

bump

vump.

w-whats wrong with hover legs?

Does anybody have the Got Digiorno copypasta?
Dual Gast.
My guess is that since you can transfer data, the player character found the remains of Nexus MC's stuff and took up the emblem, which triggers Pin Fire.
Or he just really wants every single bounty.
If you're going to take a tank, you need something that hits harder on your back so you can damage race him. I'm fond of the railguns and laser cannons.
Or you could go with something bipedal and micro missile the crap out of him.
Is he one of the guys who can be goaded out of area by flying straight up?
Special means it's going to shrink your FCS because screw you. Counteract that with a standard or wide weapon in the other hand.

Bump.

Bump

The map in AC2 is terrible. I much prefer the one in AC1. This ones completely 3D and too confusing.

Oh my

Bump

My guess is that since you can transfer data, the player character found the remains of Nexus MC's stuff and took up the emblem, which triggers Pin Fire.
So you're saying the mc is just like mollycoddle but competent.

>My guess is that since you can transfer data, the player character found the remains of Nexus MC's stuff and took up the emblem, which triggers Pin Fire.
So you're saying the mc is just like mollycoddle but competent.
Sorry, messed up the post

>152864942
Is that so? What team for you have to be part of to actually get a game?

Does /acg/ have another team now?

I personally made a quad with two main setups: dual machineguns and back rail cannon, the one with the most damage and stun. The back rail cannon can and will stunlock a lot of ACs to death, and the dual machineguns can out DPS almost everything in the game.
For pulverizers, they melt when in contact with missiles so I just spammed micro-missiles in a fast mediumweight and tried to dodge the lasers. There's also a really good missile launcher that launches 6 small missiles with each lock on and has like 60 shots, but it's pretty heavy.

I was mercing with people. But apparently we had like 6 players online last weekend when I was gone.
Usually we'll get games with 3 people on a few evenings a week. Team is Vagrant Guns.
Also Christ almighty learn to post properly.

Bump

Those are hover legs?!

>Thunderstorm rolls through
>No Internet
>lazily copy and paste the post for later

So sorry our board of quality content was tarnished from one mistake friendo

Also I was asking if /acg/ made a new team, I already knew we had VG for 2 years now. Christ Almighty, learn to chill