/edg/ & /scg/: Elite: Dangerous & Star Citizen General №22

Previous thread: Welcome to the merged general of Elite: Dangerous and Star Citizen.

Gamescom info:
community.elitedangerous.com/eventseason16
heise.de/newsticker/bilderstrecke/bilderstrecke_3298445.html?back=3298273
gamestar.hu/gamescom/elite-dangerous-horizons-2-2-guardians-update-gamescom-2016-frissites-ujdonsagok-215519.html
youtube.com/user/FrontierDevelopments/videos

Gamescom info:
robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/15451-Gamescom-2016-Details
youtube.com/watch?v=Z-3YBuFI3iI

If it doesn't have a general, post it here; just don't get upset about sharing.
Here's a pastebin with games you can play while waiting for SC to be finished or for E:D to be fun:
pastebin.com/cugkem8w

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6RwBFv0eae4
youtube.com/watch?v=ne-lR1hc4eM
youtube.com/watch?v=Y0QGum2XjsU
youtube.com/watch?v=HudkmHHeS2Y
youtube.com/playlist?list=PL8dPuuaLjXtPAJr1ysd5yGIyiSFuh0mIL
strawpoll.me/11066447
robertsspaceindustries.com/media/vss5beargks2fr/source/JumpPoint_04-08_Aug-16_Grim-Realities.pdf
failheap-challenge.com/showthread.php?14196-Jump-Point-and-Vault-Images-I-ve-got-what-you-need
reddit.com/r/rsisubscriber
youtube.com/watch?v=IHUbzzKJXBc
robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link//15477-Anvil-Terrapin-Q-A-Part-1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Best ship.

First for spess

What is a forumdad?

This is thread №23 though.

Repostan
youtube.com/watch?v=6RwBFv0eae4

Thinking about getting Star Citizen since Elite has become way too boring, and NMS was a disappointment. Which of the starting ships should I grab?

Or should I not even bother?

oy vey

youtube.com/watch?v=ne-lR1hc4eM

>Total theorycrafting for views

no

>that entire playlist
What's even the point? He keeps shitting out those videos the same day they reveal a new ship.

What's the problem? It's SC content for the second monitor.

Because I don't want bullshit on a second monitor?

why are you bitter about some dude being passionate for a game and many others enjoying his content?

What should I do with my UEC?

I have over 30k just from backer rewards etc and don't know wtf to do with it

Not him, but it is pretty pointless to have a ship video just regurgitate what the page says and what roles it obviously fills are. You'd be better off having a science program or even just a music visualizer on the other monitor, at least then you'd be enjoying some good tunes.

You can always buy yourself a plant user

youtube.com/watch?v=Y0QGum2XjsU

:^)

Keep them.

Thanks, reddit!

>imagining all the stuff I can/want to do
>buying cheap old junker off of a player and fixing it up
>have to bang out the dents and fix it
>tense runs where I beg the ship to hold together while under fire or navigating a jump
>going to sleazy planets and looking for backroom deals and black market items
>hanging out in dive bars and whispering with other players over drinks about a job we can do

>Whaaaa I don't wanna micro manage my ship like that!
>Whaaaa walking in ships is stupid and why can't planets be menus, I don't want to look for secret shit!
>Whaaaaa I just wanna fly around space and shoot stuff!

I can't believe I have to share a fandom with these people.

youtube.com/watch?v=HudkmHHeS2Y

lol

I must be out of the loop but what is a dad?

Just be happy our Micro-management autism side is winning, because Chris is exactly like us, and it's his fetish.

You know that guy that knocked your mom up?

It's me. I'm your dad.

save them for what?

If you're trying to imply I watch these, I don't. Like I said, pointless regurgitation if stuff I already know since I watch the actual dev videos.

I usually have something like this (or music) running in the background: Astronomy: youtube.com/playlist?list=PL8dPuuaLjXtPAJr1ysd5yGIyiSFuh0mIL

I mean, to each his own and all, just seems silly to recycle information.

I don't think I've ever seen this guy NOT recommend buying some stupid fucking ship

So, 2.5 on Live when?

No one even said the term in this thread yet.

Has Ceos been fixed yet?

Bless him.

next January

Ingame shit. Upgrading your ship on release. Whatever. Anything is better than spending them on fucking fish, posters or a single weapon that costs like 15k.

Finally got to rear admiral relatively fast. Wonder if it's worth getting to admiral while Draconis exploit still works

strawpoll.me/11066447
strawpoll.me/11066447
strawpoll.me/11066447
strawpoll.me/11066447
strawpoll.me/11066447

you doing that in draconis ?
i'm 1 and a half level away from the vette myself

nobody cares

Is 17 Draconis out of war yet? I heard that no donation missions were appearing.

Draconis is at war, lockdown and famine.
There is nothing but the donations in the station, literally nothing else, not even news. I think you can buy cobra and viper but that's it

so where the jump points at

robertsspaceindustries.com/media/vss5beargks2fr/source/JumpPoint_04-08_Aug-16_Grim-Realities.pdf

Huh, I had heard the opposite. Thanks, I'll try to drop by before Frontier screws with it.

thanks
got any more?

The "fly around and shoot stuff" guys have arena commander, it's not like they'll need a full on mmo stuff

failheap-challenge.com/showthread.php?14196-Jump-Point-and-Vault-Images-I-ve-got-what-you-need

reddit.com/r/rsisubscriber

I did it dads!

>literally no one there
bravo

Hello friends,
When is 3.0 supposed to be available?
also what is up with these two generals being together, I assumed you fought like cats and dogs.

>flying in open

We used to. Now we are united in death.

>what is up with these two generals being together, I assumed you fought like cats and dogs.
We're both getting fucked, just in different positions.

No reason to fight since pretty much everyone plays/is looking forward to both games.

SC is unfinished, ED is empty. Splitting the generals and we'd just have dead threads

They're practically identical for casuals anyway.

what the hell is that

Jaques stations, 22kly from Sol with a full Anaconda hold.

>fandom
Is this the star citizen tumblr?

>22kly from Sol with a full Anaconda hold
what's wrong with you son
LMAOing @ ur life

maybe the devs should join forces as well and make a combined game

Community goal there and I asked myself that question a lot in the journey, I have a second monitor so it wasn't too bad but I don't want to return.

> speaks for over six minutes
> says nothing
that guy should be a politician

The word fandom is exceptionally older than tumblr.

So is there any chance in hell SQ42 comes out before 2017?

no

get the fuck out

If they pull a rabbit out of their asses you might get chapter 1 with 3.0, but it's unlikely

Standard for youtube videos. Can't justify uploading a 2 minute video with ads? Better start talking in circles and sprinkle it all with some menes.
t. the know

Yes. CIG is holding Squadron 42 tight to their chest so it's impossible to know if it will come out in 2016 we will know for sure at Citizencon.

>Sq42
Highly likely next year. Maybe summer.

>Star Citizen
hell no

>why are you bitter about some dude being passionate for a game and many others enjoying his content?
Not him but isn't that the point of this place?
Getting mad at people enjoying bad things we don't enjoy?

Citizencon is October?

Thoughts on this?

youtube.com/watch?v=IHUbzzKJXBc

Hah, when you put it that way it's so obvious. Roberts is a master of hype. He's going to release SQ42, and a week or two later release 3.0, so the hype built up from SQ42 reignited Wing Commander memories will shift directly and immediately over to Star Citizen, pulling in a massive influx of pledges both new and old.

>being this late

how the fuck

Completely rational and well though out, save for the part about SC fans being irrationally paranoid, which he himself said after having to deal with the insanity that is Derek Smart firsthand. Most of the forum are totally rabid fans though, regardless of Smart.

I know I just saw it. It actually made me redownload 2.4 and try it again to see how the game is

2.5 is going to be out any day now so I would wait.

robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link//15477-Anvil-Terrapin-Q-A-Part-1

What's the post-release marketing for SC looking like? Will it be the same package that's on the site now where I pick a ship, pay $45, and I'm in with that ship on-hand? May the price go up post-release? Could the ship selection change? I'm more than interested in this sort of in-depth space shit, but I don't feel like dropping $50 on an unfinished game.

> tl;dr
w/out lifetime insurance anymore, is there any reason to not wait for release to buy?

should've done it in a funny voice like redlettermedia does these

Yep. It wouldn't be the first time that a game announces its exact release date just a few months before actually releasing, but if they do plan a 2016 release it's going to be cutting it extremely close.

Personally, I'm still expecting a 2017 delay, but at least 3.0 has a good shot at making it this year.

Probably 60 bucks for a Aurora/Mustang package only. Most likely more expensive to get Sq 42 with that when we're near or at release.

Right now it's $45 for the PU and an extra $15 for the SQ42 campaign for a total of $60. I doubt that it will change except they might merge the two for $60 for the release.

>2.5 is going to be out any day

December 19 is not any day now

Not for me. I come for info and banter with my fellow spess bros.

what is in 2.5 and what is in 3.0 and are there any inbetween?

thanks

>fly to Hazardous RES in Viper 3
>Conda getting shot at by security
>just gonna try these new guns out
>wait until it gets down to 30% and attack
>security fucks off when it's at 5% and it focuses on me almost oneshotting me
>barely get away
On one hand I was letting security do my job. On the other they just fucked off.

Braben, the Roberts brothers, the two european F42 studios, fire everyone else. These are the only acceptable conditions.

2.5 = star marine (FPS arena) and pirate starting area

3.0 = planetary landing & atmospheric flight

WHo should I devote myself to in powerplay?
I don't know what it is but you get free money right

thanks

goddamn the dragonfly is cool
not real money cool, but definitely a high priority for purchasing in game

2.6 is supposed to be star marine. 2.5 is already in the PTU which includes Grim Hex and the Reliant Kore. Don't give people false info.

2.6 is star marine

Maybe derek can join once LoD is good :^)

SC release in large patches. Earlier this year 2.o released with the planet and moons with a few stations. With each successive patch, they added new ships, fixed bugs (which is the main purpose of the alpha right now), introduced somewhat barebones game systems, and recently added a new space station for pirates called grimhex. There will be new patches after 2.5. 2.6 is supposed to be a major update to FPS elements. 3.0 is supposed to be an expanded solar system with landable planets and shit with actual missions, but at this point idk what 2.7, 8, 9, or otherwise will hold. They used to be 2.7 as far as I know.

Feds = Corporate USA
Imps =Space Rome
Alliance = EU

Just pick whatever.

If anything they might sell both for $60 each at release, with maybe a "Battlefield+Premium"-esque price-point. SQ42 chapters are supposedly one of the major ways they're going to support the company post-release. So:

>Star Citizen: $60 with choice of Mustang or Aurora
>SQ42 Chapter 1: either $40 or $60, depending on how they value the single player campaign
>SQ42 Chapter 2-thru-#: Same price as Ch.1

You don't do PP for money. Sothis is faster money.

Check which faction has the unique module you want then grind for it.