/vn/ - Perfect Girls Edition

Visual Novel General #1177

READ THE FOLLOWING, THIS IS IMPORTANT

>Having trouble with your VN? Try the following before you ask for tech support:

1. Be in Japanese locale
2. Read the Readme
3. Read the wiki below
4. Google it

>FAQs, Recommendations, and Other Useful Things:
visual-novels-general.wikia.com/wiki/

>Need a novel with a specific element?
vndb.org/g

>Visual Novel Translation Status
warosu.org/jp/?task=search2&search_tripcode=!!UcDDlzwANFs&search_op=op

>Download Links:
pastebin.com/U7HUj0fk/

Previous threads:
pastebin.com/zeiYgLrs/

This general is for the discussion of Japanese visual novels.

Kindly use spoiler tags appropriately when discussing plot spoilers to facilitate smooth discussion.

Other urls found in this thread:

typemoon.org/bbb/diary/log/200310.html
youtu.be/HN-VDpJM_ws
youtube.com/watch?v=qByKEu0zdco
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

1st for fate is kamige

more like kamigay amirite

How good is Latin and German in DI?

heaven's feel best route and best girl

I'm also interested in this, Latin especially.

Reminder to read Camus's The Myth of Sisyphus or you won't be able to understand Fate on anything more than a surface level.

Muv Luv Alternative Engrish level.

Reminder that EOPs have no right to bitch and moan about censorship. Localizations are rape by default. If you were to be truly opposed to censorship, you would stop supporting English releases altogether, as even the best translation is a butchering of the artist's original vision. Don't be a rapist.

Just finished playing Kara no Shoujo 2, what som of the visual novels are goods to play?

Euphoria

>what som of the visual novels are goods to play?
What did he mean by this?

/vn/ confirmed for liking novels where the MC gets cucked by a dindu. You should all be ashamed.

Don't forget your reps, kids.

I took a look at it and I saw a picture of 2 girls eating their own shit, its good right?

I mean't to give me some novels to read dipshit

Don't bother, ESLfag; you won't be able to read them anyway.

Whats ESLfag mean? What do you mean I won't be able to read the visual novels?

It's not all scat, something like 7-ish scat scenes out of 60-ish scenes in the entire game. It's a above average nukige with an actual plot.

Tell me /vn/...who is your waifu?

>tfw no Dies irae news
>tfw hype is dying

Probably shouldn't expect any more news until the anime starts airing next year.

I'll just assume it'll be fully translated by the time the KS hits.

rip meowmel

Friendly reminder that EOP and Moege trash does not belong in this general.

Fate is kamige, and if you haven't read it yet, kill yourself.

;_;7

>general hasn't even been up an hour
>it's already 90% shitposting

>openly shilling for cuck VNs

Shouldn't you be on /pol/?

Retard EOP and Moege shit eater detected
Fuck off our general if you don't like it

I want the JOP and DJT shitposters to leave.

Reminder to report shitposting. Mods don't actively browse threads. If you want things to change, then report.

Kill yourself EOPtard
>>>/moe/

Am I supposed to feel sorry for her? Because it's not going to happen.

>It has been 12 years since Fate/stay night was released
>there has been literally 0 visual novels that have come close to even approaching its grandeur and majesty

Are visual novel writers even trying?

Wrong thread, retard. Fuck off.

shame you don't get to force yourself onto her. Such a missed opportunity

Moebuta have their own general now

Romeo is one of those writers who appeals to the banal and insensitive whilst Nasu appeals to those with higher faculties and sensitivity; Nasu communicates his messages directly to the human spirit while Romeo is the fedora-tipping-pimple-coated-neckbeard who plays at psuedo-intellectualism without merit or substance. The people who like Romeo are those who are so desperate to think themselves intelligent but are ultimately emptier than the soul of the writer with which they lavish their fruitless praise upon.

>Are visual novel writers even trying?

No because they know their target audience will buy any old trash

Nasu loves C+C and thinks it will never be surpassed.
Now what?

This.

Romeo’s my favorite writer for sure, because my favorite thing in visual novels is goofs, gags, jokes and rambunctious behavior, and his visual novels are filled to the brim with this. Every novel is like one of those novelty snake cans, you open the book and POP you get a face fulla snakes and you fall back cackling. The mad mind, the crack genius, to do it! And then you think “hmmm what’s he gonna do next, this trickster” and you pick the visual novel back up and BZZZZ you get a shock and “hahahaha” you've been pranked again by the old Romeister, that card. “Did you rike it?” he says, laughing “yukyukyukyuk”. Watch him as he shoves a pair of plastic buck teeth right up his mouth and displays em for you – left, right, center – “You rike these? Do I rook handsome?” Pulls out a mirror. “Ah!” Hand to naughty mouth. And you're on your ass again laughing as he snaps his suspenders, exits stage right, and reappears hauling a huge golden gong.

Can you not fuck with the OP? Retard.

Personally, I have a theory that ever since encountering C+C, Nasu's motivation to write has be just crippled, knowing that he will never be able to do something better. Perhaps, if he had never found out about it, we would've gotten quite a bit more from him, instead of FSN rehash X or him delaying future works, spending time on time-wasters like Demon Souls or whatnot.

He probably doesn't even know of Romeos existence. He's a random outside of moogys circle.

typemoon.org/bbb/diary/log/200310.html

What did Nasu mean by calling C+C an insurmountable wall?

He was just being modest and complimentary of a fellow artist, but deep down he knows that he took over Romeo's abilities long ago.

Romeo is a hackfraud and Nasu is King.

Clannad's route structure was a mistake.

The retained energy from not cumming over such a long period of time (doing no fap August + 8 days of September in preparation for Funbag Fantasy) has raised my chi levels to such a height that I'm prepared to lead the next generation of indigo children in their eternal war against the clockwork elves.

youtu.be/HN-VDpJM_ws

31:18

I have never heard someone be btfoed this brutality before. DI fags should be in tears after hearing thisq

You haven't played rewrite...

Romeo is a hackfraud and Nasu is King.
>Nasu is King
So much so he can't get away from the Fate franchise even after saying he had quit multiple times. He also seems to retcon something in it every time he does an interview.

Does Rewrite force you to do the separate routes for your landlady, your old teacher, and a heroine's sister's boyfriend to unlock the true route, not to mention having to do said landlady's route BEFORE one of the heroines?

It forces you to do the routes for every single heroine and an extra exposition dump route to unlock the true route. You also have to do all the quests and complete all the other routes to get the oppai route.

And even then, best girl only shows up in the true route and you never get to see her face.

Jasmine a shit.

The main problem with Rewrite's route structure was letting Lucia's route be available to play from the start. Lucia's route was also a mistake.

>playing plotge
>not wanting to do all the routes regardless
I mean, I understand this for VNs that are just about romancing and fucking the best girl, but that's clearly not what Rewrite is. You'll be left pretty unsatisfied if you just play one route solely for the girl.

I always go for a 100% clear in VNs, it's just that I really didn't enjoy rewrite much aside from the common route.

Is Divi-Dead any good?

Asked this in the last thread. Is there any way to play VNs on an android device? I just want to play steins gate and muv-luv.

Then play them on PC.

Only certain VNs, Muv-Luv is getting an android port soonish though.

whats an "nvl" game i can read from my bed looking at my monitor on my desk next to the end of my bed?

t. baby who read saya no uta, fate stay night, hollow ataraxia and kana imouto

tried kira kira and tsukihime but they were too small so i had to read sitting at my pc which was very annoying

Anything by raiL-soft.

S;G got a japanese android port but I think it only got partially translated. The Muv-Luv kickstarter included android and PS Vita ports but they haven't been released yet.

You can play a few older VNs with apps like Visual Novel Reader (Higurashi, Ever17) and ONScripter (Tsukihime, Kagetsu Tohya).

I think you should try Mahou Tsukai no Yoru.

Now that both Dies Irae and Baldr Sky are getting kickstarters, how long until Nasu decides to do one for FSN? People are starting to get tired of crowdfunding so if he takes too long he's going to miss out on a lot of gaijin money.

Though I guess he doesn't need that too much seeing how FGO prints money.

>wanting a 10 year old already translated game kickstarted
If anything they should bring over CCC.
At least Extella is confirmed

>>wanting a 10 year old already translated game kickstarted
People were saying the same thing about Muv-Luv and it raised more than 1 million. FSN is a lot more popular with normalfags because of the multiple anime adaptations, if a kickstarted got announced it would get funded within the week whether you want it or not.

I do agree that it would be nice to get CCC, but I'm not really that interested in Extella. If anything, I want Nasu to stop wanking Fate and write something new. I don't even care about the Tsukihime remake anymore.

I want to play them at work. I work the midnight shift this week.

Yeah I know about the Kickstarter but God knows when that will come out.

I guess I can stream them over my PC then.

Its time. I finally get to rail Michiru. Should I long stroke?

/jp/ holding quality discussions about VNs

>you will never motorboat that perfect chest

>in the other routes MC is said to be a bad singer
>now it turns out he sings well
Come on now, at least keep some consistency between routes.

This shit annoys me the most

Why, when a writer institutes multiple routes, do basic facts change between each one? It's completely stupid. At that point, you might as well just call each route its own story instead of a part of a larger story. It's not the biggest offense in the world, but I think it's really lazy and does more harm than good. Never7 is one of the biggest offenders that I've played. It had things change for absolutely no reason other than "because". It did nothing but indicate to me that whoever was in charge of synthesizing the routes decided it wasn't worth the effort.

>quality discussion
>3 replies
>2 of which is the op talking to himself
lolk

>3 replies
>4 different posters

You should lurk more newfriend.

Maybe she's just being nice.

Wrong general

>Mahou Tsukai no Yoru

im an "EOP"

will look into it thanks

That just confirms she's worst girl. I hate people who tell white lies just to be nice or to get on your good side.

That's a very bold opinion, user! I like it!

You should probably discuss this in the appropriate general.

Nah, Rise is great.

She's greatly unrelated to this general.

She may be, I haven't read PE. Just making a brief assumption based on the conversation here.

not all visual novels are moege, but all moege are visual novels

therefore, moege belong in both /vn/ and /moe/ according to where people want to post

does this make /moe/ redundant? probably

so if you want to throw a bitch fit every single time, i recommend reporting posts you think violate the rules instead of constantly posting the same shit

thank you for understanding

At losing polls.

Assume in the appropriate general, please.

Incorrect. Moe content goes to /moe/ and stays out of /vn/.

At the best, we allow it "once in awhile" like how we do with Rance, usually for only a few posts.

Unfortunately there is one or two particular anons who refuse to post their garbage outside of /vn/, for purely shitposting purposes.

See
>This general is for the discussion of Japanese visual novels.
Don't see any restriction there on talking about different types. Even if it was the other version with English translated visual novels it would still be valid.

so you made assumptions from just one screenshot? downvoting your dumbass.

Japanese people have proven themselves to have the lousiest taste in every form of entertainment (video games, films, music). I wouldn't be surprised if Rise was actually the best girl in that VN.

It wasn't a Japanese poll.

An unfortunate oversight by the OP. But just because something isn't mentioned in the OP doesn't mean that it is ok to do.

It doesn't say, "don't shitpost" in the OP for example.

/moe/ is for moe. Just like how the Alicesoft general is for Alicesoft games. Please leave.

Until the OP says that only certain types are allowed stop whining or fuck off.

I come in peace.

What's the appeal of a visual novel?

If I wanted to play a game I'd play... you know, a game. If I wanted text-heavy stuff I'd read a book. What draws people to this genre?

don't bother responding

he's stupid and will probably change the next OP simply because you said that

Then I suppose shitposting is allowed here until the OP specifies otherwise? Bad logic, user.

Lolis

I come in peace.

What's the appeal of a video game?

If I wanted to read a story with images, sounds and voice acting I'd read... you know, a visual novel. If I wanted heavy interactivity I'd play a video game. What draws people to this genre?

youtube.com/watch?v=qByKEu0zdco

It's better to think of them as a book with music, visuals and voices. And most of the stories you can't find equivalents of in books.