/hbg/ - Homebrew & Hacking General

Always trust the chan edition

Previous thread /hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 9.2 (Downgrade: 10.7 - Homebrew: Browser/Menuhax up to 11.0)
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.60 (Userland)
PS4: 1.76 (Kernel)

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
Downgrade + a9lh: github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Vita: pastebin.com/v3caHHnp

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
-arm9loaderhax guide completely revised with fewer steps and less time involved.
-11.0 Browserhax & Menuhax are out now! smealum.github.io/3ds/
-Install Menuhax ASAP if you're not already on CFW, because Nintendo can block Browserhax remotely without a workaround. twitter.com/smealum/status/758450605568372736
-You STILL can't downgrade, use CFW or install .cia files from 11.0 without a hardmod or hacked system transfer. github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/DSiWare-Downgrade

>Wii U
-IOSU allegedly happening, update to 5.5.1 recommended. twitter.com/Mathew_Wi/status/766504663826870272
-Enter 104.236.072.203 under DNS Settings to block updates. twitter.com/NWPlayer123/status/766486134356529152

>Vita
-Update 3.61 patches HENkaku.
-Homebrew available on firmware 3.60. henkaku.xyz
-Downgrader in development. reddit.com/r/vitahacks/comments/4yi5bw/write_access_to_vs0_achevied_expect_a_downgrader/
-xyz making a webkit if KOTH challenge goes nowhere. blog.xyz.is/2016/webkit-360.html

>PS4
-HENkaku ported to PS4 firmware 3.55 github.com/Fire30/PS4-3.55-Code-Execution-PoC

Other urls found in this thread:

bbs.2dkf.com/profile.php?action=show&uid=165263
g.e-hentai.org/tag/group:sakekan memorial
pan.baidu.com/share/home?uk=1245570943
youtube.com/watch?v=DluGYTT2aqw
tieba.baidu.com/p/4749111028?pid=96733381271&cid=96733669709#96733669709
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Wow nips are cruel.

First for Moth Love.

Less than a minute between two posts.

Of all the mascots I expected for this community, a moth QT wasn't one of them.

>mfw retards will still brick with the new guide

bbs.2dkf.com/profile.php?action=show&uid=165263
this is the dude btw

Technically we have 2 mascots, moth qt and Akarin. Both made up last thread and joined up with the sole purpose of loving /hbg/ and it's pirated free vidya.

I've only skimmed through the new guide, how significant are the new changes? I know we axed all the EmuNAND part, but how does the Decrypt9 work? Is it just a pre-made 2.1 to extract the OTP?

Two days from now I'll be home from vacation.

You fuckers better have figured out Vita piracy by then.

I wanna see sone Vita bricking.

>tfw lurking because of Henkaku

Where were you last thread?

Hoping for the leak.

ok so duowan hasn't picked up on the galgun decryption

What's wrong with updating to the latest firmware on PSP though?

Who needs vita piracy, I just want a .rar with all the moth girl reactions.

FFfffuck. Tell them to try DOAX3 then.

Anybody know how to make retroarch not look blurry as fuck on vita?

Maybe he was already on the latest fw before he even started.

they're already trying Metal Gear Solid 2 +3HD

I'm talking about vita decryption baka

turn off bilinear filtering

Faggots, I knew it.

g.e-hentai.org/tag/group:sakekan memorial
Help yourself.

>PS4 piracy in 2 weeks

Can you fucking keep it on topic? None of this shit is homebrew. Go fuck off somewhere else.

this is what happens when vita weebs get more populous

that is what happens when 3ds fags feel like they're irrelevant though

Nothing wrong with a thread having its own memes

How do you filter moth posters

>still not fixing the OP

You guys need to realize that the scene has changed. In retrospect, most pre-7th generation consoles had laughable security, a smart teenager could break it if they wanted to and the major driving force behind hacking was indeed piracy. The generation of people who did it for the warez grew up and kids nowadays don't care about how stuff works and would rather just pay for their games than learn how to break console security which is difficult these days. The security got upped to the point it's really fucking hard to even set your foot through the door in hacking, you need to go through a lot of information about all these mitigation techniques modern hardware and software employs, fifteen years ago you didn't have that shit. Not to mention a lot of information is kept private.

That's why you better suck it up because wannabe security researchers like Yifan is the probably best you'll ever get.

Holy shit, that's the same guy who pissed off the Akabeisoft CEO who claimed their eroge uncrackable. Needless to say, they got cracked day one.

I always used CIAngel since it works good and fast, has had dlc/updates etc for a while. But now i want to try out freeshop.

Do you still need that stupid extra app with the nathan drake shit on it? Would rather not have to install other mo shit

No, you don't need it anymore.
It's almost completely irrelevant by now.
The only feature that's still worth using is being able to download decTitlekeys.bin and encrypt it on the fly.
Since it takes a while before the decrypted titlekeys are encrypted on the site.

It's legit then?

>the major driving force behind hacking was indeed piracy
Nobody who has piracy as their main reason has ever done anything like that. Piracy is a secondary reason at best. They've always done it either because they found a way to make money out of it or are interested in the process itself.

>Not to mention a lot of information is kept private.
Until you ask. Also note how there are a lot of wikis for it, you just need to learn the basics first.

>The generation of people who did it for the warez grew up and kids nowadays don't care about how stuff works and would rather just pay for their games than learn how to break console security which is difficult these days.
It has never been like that.

>The security got upped to the point it's really fucking hard to even set your foot through the door in hacking, you need to go through a lot of information about all these mitigation techniques modern hardware and software employs, fifteen years ago you didn't have that shit.
15 years ago you had to hardmod or buy extra hardware that was produced by other companies, which is definitely harder than a softmod. Finding an exploit is way easier now than it has ever been, and because less piracy companies exist (since they all end up with no actual hardware requirement, see Gateway) the scene has more info and source code to share, see wikis like wiibrew or 3dbrew. Today it's easier to learn and mod a console than it has ever been, particularly if the company that made the console didn't actually put a lot of effort in security. Your argument is shit.

pan.baidu.com/share/home?uk=1245570943
his panbaidu folder, doesn't have the psv stuff, just vn cracks

Man if the Vita piracy finally gets cracked because some Chinese NEETs want to play their galgames it would be incredible.

Well, the guy delivered some stuff in the past.

Especially since people would stop caring about yiffylube forever, and that would drive him mad.

It looks more and more promising. Well a CFW eventually would be nice but for now piracy will do.

does anyone know how i can make Luma boot first?, i had it boot first but then i needed to update homebrew and it now updates that one first.

I would mating press this moth

followed this
youtube.com/watch?v=DluGYTT2aqw
to get freeshop working.

tried to download a game, keep getting errors

I think you're just having a bit of nostalgia for past hackers.

I'm a 3DSfag, but from my PoV, the 3DS is the most security vulnerable console to come out form Nintendo. If you head to archives about the DSi, people said that a softmod was impossible, and now anyone below 11.0 can do it for free.

Before 2016, 3DS hacking was impossible. Heck, freeShop is a thing because Ninty thought they would never hack the console, but look at them now.

Vita just needs the inertia to get started. Once the ball gets rolling, the scene is gonna develop and Yifan isnt gonna be the only jackass.

I would mating press you mating press that moth.

Wow, the new guide has only 3 steps.

I guess I'll try it now, have been using menuhax+luma for a while, and its starting to get stale, having to try 3-4 times sometimes to get into emunand is shit.

Nah, I distinctly remember the halcyon days being pretty much "warez plz" and people actually delivering, or talking about about such things like "making a stealth modchip" so games such as Spyro 3 wouldnt detect the console had been tampered with.

>Buying a hardmod
This is true until modern consoles with usb and sd ports allowed for softmodding to exist. Another type of classic hardmod was to get rid of the 10NES chip and use either the Gyromite/Stackup converter, or a third party one, to get (much cheaper) famiclone carts.

Not the guy you're replying to, btw.

how come when I try to install a QR code that has as region "all" FBI gives me an error?
both EUR and USA are just fine, what gives?

Yifan's going to hate it but piracy is going to give HENkaku a scene the Vita can be proud of.

Style Savvy Fashion Forward has been uploaded on """"""that iso site"""""""" just so y'all know.

Don't expect titlekeys for that or Metroid FF. Ever

And what have you contributed to this thread other than your whining?

>haha pirates writing a vita driver. Please submit a vita-toolchain pull request when you finished adding kernel module support to the toolchain.
yifan_lu

Fuck this guy.

tieba.baidu.com/p/4749111028?pid=96733381271&cid=96733669709#96733669709
Chinese peepz talking about it here

is it necessary to update arm9, any major changes with it?

why not?

Not really for now.
The only thing worth mentioning is being able to boot without an SD card.

titlekeys is garbage, download cia like everybody else

So I finally caved in 2 days ago and bought a Wii U only to discover that hacking is literally just visiting a website.

What the fuck, time for IOSU.

Also, never would have guessed that I'd fit nearly all games worth playing on a 128gb SD card.

But QR code are so comfy

>Before 2016, 3DS hacking was impossible

What the fuck, son.

They updated the stable version?

Does twl/agb work?

Because everyone hates FF and the few that are curious about pirating it are content with the CIA. And Style Savvy fans unironically like the game that aren't little girls are even nichier than Etrian Odyssey fans.

Case in point, Style Savvy Trendsetter's titlekeys were never shared and is still absent from freeshop.

thats not a big deal for me so i wont bother doing it for now thank you

tried following
still getting the failed to download

Does anyone here even know chinese? Google translate isn't helping much, is it happening? Or was Chink user a faggot?

They haven't. It's still "in development".
I also don't know if AGB/TWL patching is done. Since I see no reason as of now to update.

rip ciangel

3dsiso isn't banned here, famalam

Fuck adfly; CIA mega.nz/#!oI5miCLD!J_xInMjHlDUmr_DNhNa6cnXXmgx-9Nz-J7tM7M_xCgk

>Before 2016, 3DS hacking was impossible
Fucking latefags

Yeah, but were they delivering because some guy asked for it (or they wanted piracy themselves)? I don't think that's the case. If you have enough money to risk to break your console you also have enough money to buy games, and if you can buy all of the games you want, piracy is worthless since it doesn't give you anything you don't already have.

I'm also lurking

I kinda want to make a moth girl animation for bootanim9, should I?

We know, Yifan.

ye

yes

Can someone explain the moth girl meme?

All I want is a functional Vita Update Blocker

pls help

help?

>latefags
>implying people use brickway

Something something And then More or less.

You didn't need gatewait even before 2016
>but i couldn't find a copiy of CN for less than $100!
As i said, fucking latefags

Expect a spoofer now that we have RW access to RO partitions

>implying you needed CN back then
We have browserhax, tubehax, menuhax, ironhax... all in 2015

Turn of bilinear filtering
I also recommend setting integer scaling to on too.
Sure you got a lot of black box but at least the game is rendered crisply to scale.

Pretty sure user meant impossible compared to how it is now.

He's basically saying the Vita hacking scene will be shit for a while.

you did at first.

pls help

I just got my new 3ds today, am I going to be able to hack it? It's at Ver. 11.0.0-33u

Honestly, larger picture > perfectly accurate pixel upscaling.

Seriously, the window is TIIIIIINY if you play SNES or even GBA with integer scale. How and why the fuck would you do that?

Return it immediately.

Yes

WHICH IS IT

>ironhax
still have my homebrew payload saved on that fucker
feels fucking nice

Yes

Okay thanks, one question. I got this new one to replace my old one. Should I hack the new one first then transfer, or transfer then hack it?

>The arm9 thing is still a fucking hassle
nah, fuck off, I'll keep using menuhax.

Oh jesus honey, you're going to brick.