1992 Geo Tracker vs 1996 Chevy Suburban

Hey anons.

So basically my family is inheriting my uncle's old farm/workshop, we found a few cars in there after he passed. After some negotiating with family, I'm given the choice of inheriting a:

>1992 Geo Tracker

or a

>1995 Chevy Suburban

Both are in decent condition.

Which do you think I should ask for and why?

Pic related is the Tracker I'm thinking about taking.

Other urls found in this thread:

thevanual.com/introduction
zuksoffroad.com/ZOR-Decimator-NON-winch-bumper-2-or-4-door_p_1584.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Suburban if you need to haul around a stupid amount of items/bodies, otherwise Tracker.
/tread

If mpg isn't a factor, why not the suburban?

this is the suburban

the real questions are is the tracker manual?
and are they both 4X4?

If you can afford the gas, get the Suburban. Its pretty comfy and you can haul a shitload of stuff in it. Plus it being essentially a truck, everything is overbuilt so will last longer than the Tracker. Pain in the ass to park though and again, the mpg thing sucks.

Trackers are famously reliable. They're basically built like small trucks themselves and will last to 250k+.

Suburban.

And here's what you can do with it:
thevanual.com/introduction

Basically a free bulletproof SUV with loads of space? Make it into a camper truck/van/SUV!

Maybe so but if something does happen to break on either one of the two wich do you think would be easier to find parts for?

>suburban

>Maybe so but if something does happen to break on either one of the two wich do you think would be easier to find parts for?

Tracker around here. They almost never die from mechanical failure, but they're so cheap they get totalled and sent to the junkyard from any major fender bender. Plus both GM and Suzuki carry parts for it. And they share their suzuki engine with like three or four other chassis.

I'd take the track and turn it into a budget trail rig
muh short wheelbase

>>trackers are the neckbeards of the 4x4 world, literally every owner is a greasy fat redneck kid that couldn't afford a wrangler.

Sounds perfect for OP

Tough choice, Burban is kinda cool but tracker is also nice.

Think I would go with a tracker and invest in mild lift and MT tires.

Go with the tracker

It all depends on OP's needs and environment

Take the tracker, that body style is the best and you will have much more fun in it

I'd take the tracker to cruise, if I actually needed a truck id go suburban.

Suburban is my vote. Trackers are underrated but you can do a lot more with a suburban. If you like to go "jeeping" then the Tracker but it almost looks too nice for that sort of thing.

How often will you want to move more than 2 people and what can fit in that Tracker's trunk?

The tracker can fit 4 people just fine, I'm 6'4 and could fit in the back of my buddies tracker, with the rag top off the back seats are pretty fun to sit in and wildly dangerous

as for trunk space there is barely any because of the back seats, but then you can just use the back seats as the trunk as well

Dude.
Tracker obviously.
They are the billygoats of the off-road world.
My 1.6 pushes 32s no prob all day.
It's my daily and toy and literally it's waterproofed from the factory. All plugs have 2 or more gaskets, the differentials come with breathers, and it's factory snorkeled with a water catch can (think like a bong)
In the process of building mine
I'd be happy to answer questions

They love to be pushed. It's like a road legal side by side.

>spray painted pvc snorkel
>bottle opener fastened to body
>fenders chopped by Micheal J fox
>ratcheting come along and super heavy chain instead of winch
>rusty yard sale special shovel
>go cart flag
Jesus christ

I'm the opposite of all of those, and I "literally" own a Tracker for offroading.

Not greasy, not fat, not redneck (not even American), 40 yr old man, could afford a new Rubicon if I wanted. Tracker is fun, different, and doesn't act as a penis substitute.

Tracker will get much better gas mileage. Suburban will haul more stuff. Pretty sure the Suburban will have more parts and a bigger aftermarket.

I dunno, how much do you drive and where to and back? If it's to work and it's a long enough distance away, take the Tracker. If it's to school and/or it's a short distance away, take the Suburban.

>40
>posts on Veeky Forums
You gave up a long time ago didn't you

Also do you live in snow country or does it stay snow-free in the winter? Is the Suburban 4x2 or 4x4?

I mean, you can get away with all-seasons on both, the ground clearance will make sure you never get stuck, but the 4x4 will make driving through snow a little less interesting than it otherwise is...

I've been here since the beginning. I was cruising the worst parts of the web before there even was a Veeky Forums.

Plus, I like to keep tabs on what you little fuckers are up to.

IM
NOT
LITTLE

Mhm thx for noticing
And every bit of that is put to full use
And 99 percent was free

Why is this even a question. Get the tracker. They are a blast to drive and are super reliable.

>take surburban
>remove v8
>find a suitable donor car
>insert v8

congratulations, you now own a racecar

get a suburban if you want to retain your masculinity

tracker = hairdresser's car

We know.

Hey man, I'm It's good to see some well used trackers working at their full potential.
I bought this by choice instead of jeep. They are more fun/mile than any other platform.
Where you located?

Denver, CO

Same, so many jeeps here. Wanted a Sammy or Sidekick instead. Picked mine up for $1500. 1997 with 114k, put some 30s on it and hit the trails. Plan to do a suspension lift and swap auto hubs for manuals later this summer.

Why would you want anything that old, even for free?

Why not?

>oldest car is a '92
That is not even that old you fuck

tracker, turn it into a lowrider

>new is always better

this

could

be

you

Nice!
I'm in central Florida so only really sand and mud, but I'm trying to keep this from being just a mud buggy. I'm maxing out my IFS (i have extended lower control arm) with as much of a nice flexible lift as the cv axles can handle, then matching the back. Hoping for nice flex all around for some crawling.
What lift are you thinking of?
Really the only suspension lifts are OldManEmu or Calmini.

>so will last longer than the Tracker

>fucking Suzuki samurai/geo tracker

>not out lasting some late 90s- early 2000s GM nightmare

muh 350 vortec. muh intake manifold gaskets

I own three GM vehicles. '99, '99, '98

get the suzuki

God damn, you're ugly.

If you want indestructible offroad fun get the samurai, if you want soccermom space&comfyness then the Suburban

Old man emu.

And somehow scored a hot Japanese wife. Funny old world, innit?

That car is a turbo 6, you fucking retard.

>limiting articulation with bigger tires before lifting

wouldn't this actually be worse than stock?

>he fell for the asian wife meme

>remove shitheap 350 vortec
>use it as a boat anchor it was originally designed to be

Do you really think being married to a member of the second most disgusting race on earth, and having to live by her rule, is a good thing?

Nigga, you serious? It's a fucking tracker.

That's exactly what I'm going to do. Actually a hybrid. I have a calmini 2 inch plus spacers rn but it's way out of proportion. Soft front, stuff rear, it's Crap. Anyway I'm going to put the OME springs/struts on my Calmini control arms for max comfy and max lift. Then OME shocks in rear.
Anyway with just OME make sure to get camber bolts, there is no other way to correct the camber after lift.

Yes. But had to do it in that order (tires were bald when I purchased). Most of the trails I do don't need much articulation. Planning on amping up the difficulty once I get the lift.

No...
The tracker is next gen Sammy.
Sammy has solid front axle and a 1.3
Tracker is IFS

>muh IFS

solid axle loving redneck detected. the tracker is a vastly superior off-road vehicle

Also if you want everything to work nicely together with the lift there is a rear diff control arm drop spacer, strut spacers, shock spacers, and front diff drop kit.
I didn't do the front diff drop yet and I've eaten through 2 cv axles on only 2 in front lift.

Lol dude c'mon..
I had to beef the hell out my IFS.
And lifting it only goes so far.
And fuck cv axles.
My solid rear was much easier to get to articulate.
Although the ifs is comfy and makes it feel like a 4 wheeler

i'm just saying a tracker with any front axle is going to out perform the suburban off-road.

hell a 2wd tracker with a locker would run circles around it.

>I haven't invested any money into my vehicle
It shows

Lol
Name one thing that does not have a use
I'm sorry you need your shiny shovel to dig your self out.
I have an anchor on my roof too boii

Tracker parts are getting hard to come by, while suburban parts are cheap and everywhere. Two really different vehicles in most aspects. I'd take the tracker if it was manual with a manual transfer case and didnt run like complete shit.

Ah. I apologize.
I thought you meant that a samurai IS a tracker.
My bad. We are one the same side lol

You really can't go wrong either way OP. But as someone who has owned big trucks as well as a tracker, I like the tracker better. Mostly because I can just hook up a small trailer to it for anything outside the normal carrying capacity. Got a great one for $350 that somebody had custom made to haul behind their goldwing.

Maybe if I had a big boat or horses, I'd prefer the suburban just for towing. Or if I had to carry a ton of people all the time. Suburban was the OG southern soccer mom SUV for a reason.

>Tracker parts are getting hard to come by, while suburban parts are cheap and everywhere.

What planet do you live on? Bizarro?

Original reply here. I just meant it literally is a tracker, not a samurai. That's all I meant, nothing else. I would have reacted the same if you told him to get the Silverado instead of the tracker.

What mileage on both? I'd get the Chevy

I think we have the same towing set up, is that brush guard removable on pins? Did you paint it black?

Yeah pretty similar. You can take out the pins and attach shackles to the solid steel front bumper if you need to. I made the brush guard out of an old crown vic cruiser push bar I cut down to size and fixed up. Works good. I like the heavy rubber on the front surfaces. Was originally painted black and I repainted it at the same time I painted the bumper.

Nice,
Is that a tracker specific bumper?
Where did you acquire it?

Yeah, custom made by zuksoffroad. Solid 1/4" steel folded in a heavy duty press then the edges welded. The brackets adjust for body lifts too.

zuksoffroad.com/ZOR-Decimator-NON-winch-bumper-2-or-4-door_p_1584.html

Wait time was about 8 weeks but it was worth it.

They also make a winch version, but I've always been a low tech comalong kinda guy. And a tracker is so damn light you kinda get away with it, unlike the big vehicles.

I feel you on the come-a-long, I have a 4k one
Pic related. But I'm kinda done winching the bitch. Everywhere near me there is no trees, I hook the come-a-long to a 12k silt boat anchor, which I toss in the mud then I gotta be right in the action..
I'm buying a winch soon so I'd love a winch bumper but I don't 100% trust electric winches, so both is best.

i have a 94 suburban with 250k on it, been a great vehicle (mom bought it 2 weeks after I was born with 4 miles on it). See if you can find the original window slip or invoice to see if it has positraction

why do all the trackers i test drive have wobbly, sloppy gearboxes?

and all the civics have smooth and precise ones?

You gotta shift like a man user. No limp wristed miata shifting here

every gear shouldn't feel like it's in neutral

how is the tracker compared to g1 rav4?

What the ass is this poo

depends. Do you plan to offroad it? If so, Tracker. The Rav4 is literally just a lifted Corolla wagon.

seems like a cool dude

sell them both and get a used camry

just need a reliable daily shitbix that has some street flood clearance because houston rain

eeny meany miney mo then.

Lol that retard everyone was making fun of that bought the car for like $8000, put some miles on it and now thinks is worth $150000