/4xg/ - Stellaris and 4X Games General

Best girl edition

Maybe we should let /wgg/ and /cbg/ in?

>Stellaris OP
pastebin.com/qsTFCyvh

>Stellaris Mod Archive
mega.nz/#F!hpBCSbCC!vZNs1Qhip_UJQPSSdoZjUg

>What is stellaris?
A 4x game developed by paradox development studios.

>Stellaris Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/vgstellaris

>/civ4xg/ OP:
pastebin.com/P5XCTQx9

>Recommended mods for Civilization V
pastebin.com/5ANRmRur

>More info on Civ VI:
pcgamer.com/civilization-6-everything-you-need-to-know/
ign.com/articles/2016/05/11/three-ways-sid-meiers-civilization-6-radically-reinvents-itself-city-building-science-and-diplomacy
gamespot.com/articles/civilization-6-revealed-brings-major-changes/1100-6439691/
well-of-souls.com/civ/index.html

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

well-of-souls.com/civ/civ6_overview.html#civilizations
well-of-souls.com/civ/civ6_overview.html#city-states
youtube.com/watch?v=VEvqNdxHGMg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>New villages and new civilizations can pop up(if there are below 7 and the settings allow it).
Ha, this is an option in the second but I never bothered checking if there was a limit.

Same with the ressources, I always assumed new ressources spawned as the previous one were depleted, turns out it apparently doesn't.

>Ha, this is an option in the second but I never bothered checking if there was a limit.
Game has a hard limit on 7.
We had trouble getting a lan game going one time.
Since we were like 4 people in the game, but the game settings were on 6 AI civs.
So it crashed until we figured it out and lowered that number to 3.

I like it in theory, but too often a new civilization pops up, and they just surrender to an existing nation.

>I always assumed new ressources spawned as the previous one were depleted, turns out it apparently doesn't.
I think it works that way in the first one.
Not exactly, but around the time it depletes a new one pops up.

>Yeah you have gods as well.
>You need to kill an All High Frythan, and take the scroll of power for that.
>Then you can build your temple.
>Priests are villagers that you put to pray inside the temple.
Ha, in the second game, you spawn with your race's scroll and power and can build the temple immediately.
You usually don't because it's as expensive as a whore in Las Vegas.

>Just like that for researchers, miners and workers(war machines and turning raw materials into goods).
Yeah, except that you DON'T move peasants out of your town, they go there automatically and aren't displayed on the map.

Also, constructors can build all the buildings, military units (even the king) are restricted to camp, fort, and siege factory.

>You can place Constructors inside built buildings so they repair them.
You gradually pay to repair them, you can't send units in buildings. Except camps, forts and town. And sending a soldier in town means he retires.

>The greeks start with a shield
Ha, the only units who can use a shield in the second are the Ezpinez.

I'll have to experiment.

Oh boy, and excuse to boot up Seven Kingdoms 2 again! Jolly!

>Yeah, except that you DON'T move peasants out of your town, they go there automatically and aren't displayed on the map.
Yeah, they don't move in the first one either.

Emaicheni in this pic has lines to all those structures, and is connected to them.
Those structures could all be empty, but villagers would automatically start working in those structures.
They would be listed in the structures as workers, but they exist in the village.

Forts are connected, but they draw villages in the same way.
Markets are connected, but they don't house any workers.

>you can't send units in buildings
You can send a villagers directly into one of these buildings, then they'd appear in the village, but they'd work in the building.

So if you get a hand on a great scientist, you can move it directly into the Scientist tower, but he'd live in the village.

Ha, I think I understand why I misunderstood you.

The thing is that you don't have "great" scientists, researchers, miners or what else. The only skill your units have is in combat and determines their HP and super-attacks.
Only the number of workers in the structure determines the outcome, not their skills.

>The thing is that you don't have "great" scientists, researchers, miners or what else. The only skill your units have is in combat and determines their HP and super-attacks.
Ah okay.

Yeah they all have a skill that can go up to 100.

A villager that starts in a scientists tower has 10, a villager Trained as a scientists gets 20.
But in the Inn you can find them all up to 100.

Usually I don't find it very important to buy great scientists though.
I'll do it mostly to just increase my pop then.
Getting a Soldier with 70+ Leadership in the inn is amazing though.
High leadership raises the combat skill of the soldiers in the fort quicker.
A fort is usually housed by a general and 9 soldiers training.

Combat skill sounds like it is the same.

Determines hp, and attacks/equipment.
200 hp at 100 combat skill.
I think you need like 20 for chinese to get bows. Maybe even 40 for normans to get their shields, even higher for vikings and samurai to get their super attacks, they're op though.

>Only the number of workers in the structure determines the outcome, not their skills.

The second spawn of mines tend to go out much quicker due to the miners having much higher skill.
Very tough to locate at that point, so I tend to set up a minor mining town and then move the goods to the main base where I have factories instead.

Shit, that makes the inn very interesting.

In the second game, you can either hire good soldiers (high combat), heroes (stats beyond the game's cap), items, or spies.

>A fort is usually housed by a general and 9 soldiers training.
I think it's doubled in the sequel, and the training is considerably slowed down.
But a few skirmishes and your general's leadership is usually maxed very quickly, and the soldiers' skill follow.
The formula for humans units is (combat skill) x 2 = MaxHP.

The fun part is that only the max HP are raised, the unit's HP stay the same, so they look like they're really hurt at the end of a fight.
Near mid/endgame you usually replace soldiers by siege machines anyway, but the soldiers are good to tank.

>Near mid/endgame you usually replace soldiers by siege machines anyway, but the soldiers are good to tank.
Yeah war machines are just too op in the first game as well.
100 combat japs are a lot harder to replace than ballistas too.
So I usually gimp myself and avoid war machines.

Max hp is raised faster while training than the hp is healed as well, so they look damage in 1 too.

What you find in the Inn is random btw.
So if you're looking for a Viking with good leadership it will of course not appear.

Of course. It's like when you have a Chinese neutral dangerously close to your border and you don't want to let the enemy capture it.

Sean Bean was a good choice for narration, as were the multiple tech quotes. It's the small things.

Shame the franchise dies after this.

Doesn't really matter, does it? V, hell even IV, is still going strong after all this time and I reckon VI will be a more enjoyable/fun experience all round from what we've seen. A few years of expansions and cashcowing via civ/leader dlc and we should have the basis of a game that will be active a long time.

unless thats a game of thrones joke
I dont see why civ will ever die unless they do something insanely retarded like W10 only, or f2p

Yeah it doesn't really matter.
It would be a shame, since I think new civ games offer new experiences, but I was still playing civ2 in 2010.

>unless thats a game of thrones joke
It's a sean bean joke

You don't know Sean Bean? Basically, if he's in a movie, and if he doesn't die, the movie is cursed to be shitty.

Example of a good movie where he dies : the Lord of the Rings.
Example of a shit movie where he survives : Silent Hill Revelations.

oh. my mistake.
maybe he'll get stabbed halfway through and get replaced by another narrator

I would love that.

I guess you could mod that in somewhat easily. Then after that just use civ4 or civ5 narration

>event : AI uprising
>Sean Bean get replaced by GladOS

So what Civs are for sure getting chooped for Civ 6, besides Mongolia which we know for sure.I want to do a Farewell to Arms playthru with just the civs that are going to be gone .

Why speculate? Isn't the whole list out already?
Maybe I misunderstood

vanilla civ list is already confirmed u fucking nerd

Where? You mean that picture that got leaked ?

well-of-souls.com/civ/civ6_overview.html#civilizations
the civ list is already leaked.
in terms of civs for dlc, no one knows. that whole 'we didnt put mongolia in because they raped people' is literally a meme thats spreading around. the producer doesnt say anything about mongolia in the video.

Not him but user linked a video yesterday or the day before, and I saved and edited this. Due to the developer's video box covering the bottom of the in-game window, there might be plus 1 or 2 extra Civs on the list.

Reposting random tidbits from the Germany stream:

>Greeks have the Acropolis (Theatre Square replacement)
>Arabians have the Madrassa (Temple replacement)
>Norwegians have the Stave Church (Temple replacement) and Longship (Galleass replacement)
>Kongolese have the Shieldbearer (Swordsman replacement)
>Romans have the Bath (Aqueduct replacement)
>Indians have a Stepwell tile improvement

>>Romans have the Bath (Aqueduct replacement)

looks like england wont be total shit after all.
>When you settle on a continent other than your home continent, receive a free melee unit.
which means that you'll probably have like 3 cities on your home continent followed by a shitload in other places.
I think this is hilarious
instead of fresh drinking water, the romans just use baths instead

I hope this is true, somehow

>not drinking your waifu's bath water
How can you say you love her if you don't do that?

why would it not be true? the civ fanatics people fucking tear through anything that pops up. they have pictures of everything. the current tech tree they have is glitched to show unique replacements for things, so if you hover over swordsmen, you'll also see what it replaces.

>Romans have the Bath (Aqueduct replacement)
What.
>Romans have this thing they're extremely famous for
>instead of this thing they're extremely famous for
WHY.
You know what would've made more sense? They get the Cloaca Maxima as an aqueduct replacement. Fully functioning sewers were pretty much the peak of roman sanitation architecture and would be a great fit.

Thx for making my dreams true, senpai

Presumably it's because Trajan is the leader (and Trajan baths are still famous to this day) and they couldn't think of any other civ to have an Aqueduct replacement. Nearly every district has a unique version at this point.

Fun fact about this: Norway gets their unique unit up in the Ancient era for some reason.

Bump. Also, I'm going to bed.

>page 10
>again
Well, I guess we're dead for good.

it's the calm before the storm

What is that?

Speaking as a denizen of the late /cbg/, I'm ok with letting the thread merge into this one.

Diversity.

I find the bath replacing the aqueduct ironic given how much aqueducts were associated with the Roman Empire.

Just checked, it's Endless Legend. Didn't even knew the Allayi had Light and Dark forms.

The forms change depending on season. The only reason you wouldn't know that if you have never get to the first winter.

Or maybe I never played with them.
Necrophages for life.

Let's play a fun game. What civs do you think will be introduced with expansions and DLC?

Hopefully more europeans factions. I can't wait to see all the salty tears on CivFanatics' SJWs threads.

They must be steamed already,only one black and one mesoamerican civ so far

Persia and Mongols.

Also that

>New Centro/South America Civ
>New Spain
I just want this to happen to see the butthurt

There's barely any of Europe left; the four DLC packs they put out are going to have to cover the other continents simply out of necessity (calling that any DLC involving corporations will add a bunch of American civs).

why
And I'm pretty sure that the four DLC will mostly be Civ-adding, perhaps leader-adding, like the early DLC for Civ V. There will be expansion packs later on, that where the features will be introduced.

We still need the Dutch and Portuguese so they can pack in a colonize-the-new-world scenario.

There are lots of civs that have been in several installments of the series now, I see no reason why most of those can't come back.

>colonize-the-new-world scenario.
and that will trigger them even more

SJWs really don't seem to pay attention to the Dutch or Portuguese, or even the Spanish.

Stuff the Spanish did seem to get blamed on the USA for some reason.

Isn't the UI theme based on the Age of Exploration? There's no way all that stuff won't be in at some point.

>Dutch and Portuguese
They're already in the game :^)

Main players of European politics not currently featured:
>Portugal
>Netherlands
>Poland
>Austria
>Venice
>Something Papal

We know from the deluxe edition there will be four DLC packs, so maybe 1-2 Euro civs will come in each pack?

Will we ever see Italy?

well-of-souls.com/civ/civ6_overview.html#city-states
you can also look at these, and normally (at least in civ 5) they get some city states and turn them into civs

Unitied Italy will always be represented by Rome.

Probably not with Rome around, Venice is as close as we came.

Don't forget Denmark and Sweden.

Korea will get in at some point, South Korea is a huge gaming market.

Could we ever get Romania? Vlad is certainly a strong personality.

>there will never be a game with Corneliu Zelea Codreanu leading Romania
goddamnit

I think Romania would be cool, but there would likely be lots of other civs to make it in first.

I would be surprised if most of the 43 civs from Civ V didn't make it in, unless Firaxis goes full Paradox with DLC and they need more historical candidates.

>Corneliu Zelea Codreanu
This man is such a meme to me. I laugh my ass off everytime I see some tryhard /pol/tard with him as their avatar.

>play 50 turns
>quit
>play 20 turns
>quit
>play 100 turns
>quit
>actually get into a game, chuggin' along, game session ends
>next boot up, new game
>repeat

National Treasure, your argument is invalid.

What are the odds of Prussia ever being more than a meme modded civ?

Bad, usually Germany takes their role, right now to Bismarck being a leader.

Most of modern Germany basically takes its stuff from Prussia anyway.

>Nan Madol
I almost think Pohnpei will be a civ just because of how random that is.

So, I only recently bought Stellaris. Is there any way to increase my odds of getting jump drive tech? Materialist, so psi tech is pretty much out of the question.

Also, is there extra dimensional weaponry two? I could have sworn I saw the card for it pop up once, but my game bugged out and I couldn't research it.

>so psi tech is pretty much out of the question.
Leaders have a chance to get a new skill upon level up.

So getting low level scientists and quickly leveling them up can increase your odds.

As for hte other jump drive tech, check the wikis technology page.
It has multipliers on it.

No extra dimensional weaponry 2 afaik, it's the weapon you get from unbidden right?

Yeah, the Unbidden weaponry. Tough bastards, they were.

Speaking of leveling up leaders, how exactly does that work?

Which wiki should I be using? When I Google it, it gives me a couple to choose from.

Jump Drive is at the end of the wormhole technology branch, so you can only get it if you picked wormhole travel at the start of the game.
Psi Jump Drive is at the end of the psi branch, so if you're materialist you're basically shit outta luck. It is 'technically possible' to luck out with scientist traits and thereby unlock it, but it requires the RNG gods to smile on you so many times in succession that it's not worth mentioning.

Basically if you're non-wormhole and materialist you're stuck in the slow lane all game.

As for extradimensional weaponry, I've never seen a second tier. Also I don't think non-repeating techs have second tiers anyway. I will just add though that you can scavenge it from Fallen Empires too, not just Unbidden.

Sharpe. So go fuck yourself.

Bumping with OP pseudo-DLC wonder.

>playing ocean world lizard race
>neighboring system at the very has FOUR habitable planets
>all 17+ tiles and no filthy primitives to worry about

Is this what hitting the jackpot feels like?

A fucking horse has more accolades than you ever will bump.

most of the wonders are op. this one isnt that op, though.
>+1 Amenity from entertainment for each adjacent Lake tile. +1 Food and +1 Production for each Lake tile in your empire. Must be built on a Lake tile adjacent to land.
now thats pretty fucking big. but lake tiles can be really hard to come by since lakes are landlocked patches of water (no bigger than 3-4 tiles) at least in civ 5. so unless they changed that, its not going to be a wonder to build your civ around, nor some super gamechanger.

it seems like it would be a wonder that depends on map type. If they bring back the Lakes map from Civ V, it'll be pretty wacky on that map, but less so on shit like Archipelago

Does anybody have a link to the civ 5 warmonger formula stuff Marbozir talks about in youtube.com/watch?v=VEvqNdxHGMg at around 20 minutes in?

Have y'all heard of Proxima Centauri B? It may be habitable.

You can't unlock jump drive or psi jump drive by researching debris from destroyed ships, can you? Excluding fallen empire ships, of course.

Purity > Supremacy > Harmony

INCLUDING fallen empire ships, no.

You can only ever scavenge weapons and shields/armour; not engines, computers, radius effects, anything like that.

Off topic bump?

> Beyond Earth

>Don't talk about 4x games that I don't like in this dying 4x thread, I'd rather the thread die then you talk about 4x games that I don't like.

You can talk about any 4x game that you want in here.
I'll just be here to always shit on the shitty ones.

>implying you can't play more than one 4x game

>Implying that I implied such a thing.

Why tho?

What you said was an obvious insult. You don't insult something unless you are trying to dissuade someone from doing it. You are telling someone to stop playing 4x games and to stop posting about 4x games.

>shit out a bunch of mounted units early game
>kill all of a civilizations units but can only barely take their cities due to mounted against city penalty
>if I don't kill all my mounted units taking cities then I'll just be left with a tonne of units killing my treasury
>UI is a fucking boulder
I'm not going to like playing as this civ. Probably fun to have as a neighbor though.

To be clear, we aren't sure if there is a penalty for mounted units against cities yet.

BE isn't even that bad. It's not as good as BNW, but it's playable. It gets repetitive fairly quick though since whether you are warmongering or just trying to win an affinity victory you always progress down the same techs for affinity points.