Kmart

What went wrong?

How would you fix Kmart?

Are they all closed?

Kmart is yuge in Australia.

Not sure if it's the same company as the US one though.

Merge with Target

No tranny bathrooms

>crashed company and liquidated tons of shit
>bought Sears with all that money
>crashing Sears
Lol

So is it on purpose?

Idk. The guy running it is a fucking idiot.

My old kmart got turned into a Lowes years ago

It's doing good since the nearest home Depot is 30 min

Stop catering to mexicans.
Stop hiring obese black negresses who don't do their job
Stop stocking complete shit products
Stop having such an assmassive store with nothing in it but womens clothing and expired canned goods and a few blenders
Stop being Kmart, the cheap mexican walmart knockoff
Stop having 9000 employees on shift and still no one at the registers

But really I think brick and mortar megastores like this are at the end of their days. The suburban planning model is dead.

>What went wrong?
They helped send Hills to their end and now are getting their own end,

Do you think Walmart is on it's way out too? I notice they reduced the amount of products they carry in-store lalely.

Walmart is love by Mexico and fag

>English imageboard

I thought I read something a while back about Sears Holdings was intentionally letting stores run into the ground, though I can't remember why the implications were. All signs point to this being the case. They don't even attempt to renovate and become a competitive retail outlet. Every Kmart I've been to feels like I just walked into the 90s. My local Kmart is closing after getting strangled by a brand new Walmart that opened up 10 minutes away.

>English image board
This is a japanese image board fag.
Mexico loves Japan

Maybe they are trying to use nostalgia for a marketing technique?

walmart had a better inventory system
kmart spent a lot more on marketing
walmart offered lower prices

some claim walmart has 'peaked'
they can't really increase sales much more than national growth

maybe they'll adapt to online shopping, maybe they wont

their model of
>open new store
>offer a lot of products cheaply and with lots of staff
>wait for other local stores to go out of business
>cut worker hours and raise prices
isn't working anymore, because there's walmart's everywhere

mfw I get things from amazon for half the price of walmart

Well I mean, who the fuck but white trash who watch daytime television while they eat Kraft Dinnerz ever shop at walmart? That's their customer base. Notice all the affluent or middle class stopped shopping there. Their products are proven shittier than products from elsewhere, and it is known widely. Because they try to fuck over their suppliers, so the suppliers give them the cheaply built shit they request. It's a cultural laughing stock. It's fucking walmart for fucks sake. But as long as trashy people exist, they can find a market. It will not grow, but it will continue a subdued existance, taking in all the EBIT and welfare monies from human garbage who think kraft mac n cheez and cheap hotdogs from pig assholes is a healthy homecooked meal.

mfw I can buy everything for the same price or cheaper at Walmart and don't have to pay $100 for Prime and wait 3 days for it to ship.

They put no effort into anything they ever did. The stores looked like shit and half the aisles would be empty or unorganized. Everything was covered in grime as well. Basically the same thing they did with sears.

sears has owned many of their stores for decades
because of accounting rules, the book value of these stores is lower than the fair market value
when a store fails, they get to sell the property
they should just become a reit now

kek

70% of americans have entered a walmart in the last year

lots of middle and even upper class use walmart too

>kraft dinner
>ebt

Are you canadian or american?

>tfw the 30%

And going in there once a year does not mean they are a repeat customer on the scale of the mudpigs who do their weekly shopping there. Sometimes people need one item they forgot, swing by wherever, if there happens to be a walmart they might go there for like cat litter or whatever.

I've never been on welfare so I'm unfamiliar with the terms. Are you spic or nog?

Do you have data to support your claim?

I worked overnight for a K-Mart and can confirm.

Not yet. I went into one a few weeks ago. I never see anyone in the parking lot. The stores are always empty of any customers. The one I went to was actually surprisingly nice, since some other Kmart's I've been to have been total nightmares.

I dont know how they haven't already gone out of business already.

If I were to save them I would downsize their stores and only locate them in small, rural markets without access to a local Walmart, compete with stores like ShopKo for home goods (no groceries). Call it "Kmart General Store"

> Buy Low
> Sell high
> Pile it high
> Sell it cheap
> Buy it cheaper
> Pay your staff enough so they won't walk
> Treat them like human beings with lives outside of work
> Fire the thieves and the lazy cunts

That's what I would have done to fix it, because that's what you do to make retail work. You find good people, and you keep them. You don't work them like slaves.

I do a good amount of shopping at Walmart and I'm not an obese pleb.

You just have to know what to get and what not to get there. Meat, produce, dairy, clothing, footwear, and stuff that you need a somewhat knowlegable salesperson for? Hell no. But Walmart does sell certain name brand items that are the exact same products you would buy a higher end store, only they're cheaper at Walmart. Stuff like paper towels, toilet paper, cat litter, pet food, deoderant, shampoo, dry foods, socks, underwear and toothpaste.

It is also nice to be able to get a huge variety of stuff whenever you want at one store that's open 24/7 so you don't have to drive around to several different places or worry about closing times. It's 11 PM and I want a thumb drive, a flashlight, christmas lights, orange juice, tortillas, dog toys, a toaster, soap, beer, Tylenol, a lamp, rope, a mop, and transmission fluid? No problem.

But the shopping expirience at walmart is pretty shitty if you aren't in the mood to laugh at the American underclass and their mobility scooters, shirtless screaming children, and the rest of the proles. There's always some ghetto/redneck drama at Walmart.

I've always been surprised that there are no stores that specialize in sundries. Every big box store is either also a grocer or sells textiles, patio furniture, electronics, or other bulky mass produced items.

Why isn't there just a place you can go to buy disposable shit that isn't food or groceries? The cost savings on floor space would be enormous.

they don't sell meat at walmart aside from beef jerky.

I'd never buy meat at walmart.

>the source autist

It's common sense you retard.

I'll pay more to avoid needing to go to a walmart. I don't buy much stuff to begin with, other than food, and the grocery store has toilet paper.

They have "super walmarts" that have grocery items.

It's the super Walmarts or whatever they are called. When I lived in TX the one near me had a full grocery section.

I live in Florida, I haven't seen a Walmart that doesn't sell groceries in over a decade. Even the regular, non super walmarts sell groceries, they just don't have auto and garden centers.

mfw I'm too lazy to get in my car and drive to a store when I can click a few buttons

If it was mine, I would explore the idea of liquidating 90% of all brick and mortar locations, rebranding it as an online retailer. But would make sure to obtain a tactical advantage over the competition, faster delivery, super easy to use , (so even the most tech retarded can use) slash all prices still outperform the competition with lower overhead.

K-Mart got bought by a guy who considers himself an economic philosopher. His main philosophy became that the different departments of the store should function like separate entities, so electronics should look out for electronics and home goods should look out for home goods.

In order to invest in store-wide initiatives, such as systems upgrades or renovations, the company-wide presidents of all of these departments would have to agree unanimously and hash out which departments would surrender what amount of cash to do it among themselves.

Naturally, there haven't been any upgrades to facilities in nearly two decades at many Sears and K-Mart stores.

you're thinking too small. where would you locate them? what would you do with all of your poorly placed locales?

>I'd never buy meat at walmart.

Why not?

I go to walmart to buy cheap chicken breasts and eggs. The prices are so low, and those keep long enough that I just buy a ton once every 4-6 weeks, and while I'm there I get some cheap chocolate milk because I'm addicted to it.

Besides once in a while buying 5 gallon buckets of 90+% rubbing alcohol (seriously, nobody else fucking sells that shit in bulk, and ordering online is more expensive), underwear, and maybe the occasional bit of junk food, meat is like 90% of the reason I even go to walmart.

Oh and some shitty battered fish fillet. Throw some decent sauce on it and I honestly can't tell the difference. The shelf life on that is like 8 months, and the walmart brand somehow has less sugar and salt that the name brand.