/agdg/ - Amateur Game Dev General

Low Poly Edition.

>Next Demo Day (X)
itch.io/jam/agdg-demo-day-10

>Next Game Jam (Lewd -- Blueboard rules still apply)
itch.io/jam/lewd-jam-2016

>Lewd Jam Collabs
docs.google.com/document/d/1K9wlzcJntyOCV3KLvRcvllZ2ZUnGgrDtiwPdMLlw5XQ/edit?usp=sharing
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Sm0Pxz0uq-62L46TdXmKisynbhLI_by-pLNlcgo4B8M/edit?usp=sharing

Helpful Links: tools.aggydaggy.com/# (Still in beta)
New Threads: Archive: boards.fireden.net/vg/search/subject/agdg/
AGDG Logo: pastebin.com/iafqz627

>Previous Demo Days
pastebin.com/X6fLvtzA

>Previous Jams
pastebin.com/qRHNpCbZ

>Chats
discord.gg/chquY2e
steamcommunity.com/groups/vgamedevcrew
webchat.freenode.net/?channels=vidyadev

>Engines
GameMaker: yoyogames.com/gamemaker
Godot: godotengine.org/
Haxe: haxeflixel.com/
LÖVE: love2d.org/
UE4: unrealengine.com/what-is-unreal-engine-4
Unity: unity3d.com/

> Models/art/textures/sprites
opengameart.org/
blender-models.com/
mayang.com/textures/

> Free audio
machinimasound.com/
freesound.org/browse/
incompetech.com/music/
freemusicarchive.org/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_olDEWVL-8w
soundcloud.com/grandmasterbox/battle-against-a-stupid-kid
worthlessbums.com/blog/2016/08/16/should-you-associate-yourself-with-black-shell-media/
youtube.com/watch?v=86JiuZpbi_w
youtube.com/watch?v=XtHYHXogotw
youtube.com/watch?v=HLhazEa8wmw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

first for please link low poly tutorials.

literally google it

>no mouth
>no nose
>no feet

stop posting this garbage

an rpg where you need to get gfs by improving your stats to become chad

you start off as a lonely neckbeard and you have to go outside and fight other chads and interact with basic bitches to level up

Honestly mate, I look at wireframe and UV images like these and try to copy them as practice.

>your game will never look this good

>google 'low poly tutorial'
>it's all this hipster garbage that isn't even 3D

This was a joke at first, but I need a side project. Should I go do a shitty box puzzle game?

Hmm those graphics don't seem very functinal

>no game

stop posting

You'd be wrong, and this is an old video
youtube.com/watch?v=_olDEWVL-8w

I remember a guy from here who spent $100 to "own" a character design (i.e. 2 digital pics) in DeviantArt for his unifinished Unity "game"

How many of you are like this?

Why are nodevs still in /agdg/? Are you nodevs somehow waiting for other people fail like you?

Yeah I do try to copy wireframes I see, but still have no idea what I'm doing.

A lot of them aspire to be devs.

>metroidvania with lewd costumes that give you abilities
>fighting game with skimpy outfits and clothing damage
I want to make one now for Lewd Jam and the other for Halloween Jam, which one should I do first?

this

I have no fucking idea how to program and im trying but it's hard

just people that have nothing else to do that may like the idea of dev

it's nothing new, has-beens or never-beens always stick around in places they become familiar with

at no point of the video the graphics has the perspective like pic so i remain skeptical

You can't aspire to be a dev. You are never an "aspiring dev". You either are a dev, or are not a dev. There's no in-between. Make game or make no game.

Both of those sound unachievable for a 2 week long jam

But fighting game is more interesting to me

i used to dev agdg made me like this

Who Ludum Dare here?

Sure there is, folks who are learning how to code/art/etc and haven't made a showable product yet.

Outdated? Love2d receives regular updates.

that's pretty good how did you make that

god dammit i hate aseprites devs so much why did they go with a meme ui why can't they just use GTK or QT like a decent human being

Get some easy shit like Gamemaker user, I am also a literal shitter in all development parts yet I am putting forward my game slowly.

If you can't into graphics/sound, at least make waifu material character + good story so people will do free marketing for you

If it's a good theme I will.

>low poly edition
Looks like I win, so far my game has 0 polygons

So idea guys, gimme ur ideas

just made a new track. thought i might share it with agdg
soundcloud.com/grandmasterbox/battle-against-a-stupid-kid

anyone have any requests? cause after making this one, I feel like making more songs.

Rape simulator

Dark Souls but procedurally generated

Holocaust Sim, it should have low-poly comic graphics so it's not too dark&heavy

yakuza style beat em up but with a little girl as the mc

Bruh I got you a core mechanic. You're a little dude who can eat things and change the substance to one of six colors. Each color does a different thing and you can spray it on surfaces. Stop, go, bouncy, stick, etc. unlock more sprays and have a stomach capacity. Do puzzles.

A vn with gameplay elements

Catherine exists.

I would but Jesus fucking Christ almost all these themes are SHIT. The "feedback friends" feature doesn't give me very high hopes for feedback either.

Thought it would be fun to make some new movement animations, even though there's only one sprite animation to work with.

Initial results were not ideal.

that fucking lerp camera is driving me nuts.

Nigga I'm already doing that.

But Catherine 2 dosen't

If by that you mean "Gameplay WHILE reading," then hell yeah

if not, that's called an rpg, zelda, 999, catherine... there's a lot.

It wasn't bugging me till you mentioned it

ambient forest

Chikan Simulator. Like Yandere Simulator but you're a girl on a train molesting schoolgirls

>999 is an rpg
>Catherine is an rpg

Are you a dumbo?

Bloodborne chalice dungeons.

Spoiler They're shit

it was a list, but ok

Yeah but a full game of it. Lots of $$$.

what exactly do you want to know?

Gameplay during dialogue would be odd. Puzzle + dialogue, gameplay unlocks better options.

Wait that's just that one shit game.

Screen picking when your UI inverts the Y axis, and your picking view is only a potion in the middle > me

You didn't have problem with Zelda being called an RPG?

is there a certain feeling you're going for? or just ambient in general

You gotta admit though, gameplay during dialogue would be pretty novel. Definitely something worth exploring if there's a way to make it reasonable and fun.

Again, it's a list.

mostly humans and other organic things, I guess. That's the hardest to make.

>game where you play as Gestapo going door to door for jews, get to beat, torture, hang, rape, danceoff, yugi-oh battle, rap battle, use as test subjects, pimp them and best of all have fisticuffs on different trains throwing them out the windows and finally the boss battles on a giant dreidle. and the end is you being circumsized by rabbis if you lose

Do you mean ace attorney?

Where you have to find flaws in the statements that you're reading

something that sets a calming tone

No it's a thing already. Sakura something? Or is it hunnie pop?

What do you guys do to promote your game besides social media?

>It's a molyneux gets kind of weird episode

so you want to know how to properly model them, properly unwrap them, want to know about uv/pixel ratio while unwrapping?

nothing

Soros the video game

All of that stuff would be useful to know. Probably properly modeling would be the most useful. Especially how to make clothes and joints that deform well while also being low poly.

ritual murders, leaving clues at the crime scene etc

the fug

Actually I just got an idea.

The Gestapo game could be fun. Each mission you're given a "mark", and you show up at their door. You have to either FIND evidence or plant evidence. It would be a "search the room" sort of puzzle game. The houses and things you need to prove grow more and more ridiculous as your change locals.

Call it Peak or Plant.

Oh yeah, Ace Attorney could be classified as one. Good point.

I was thinking of something that didn't directly involve reading the text, yet the text serves a purpose. Maybe something like depict1, but more closely tied together?

Yeah maybe something like HuniePop (had to google that one)... But more fun, somehow.

In any case, I'm just shitting out random bullshit. It's just fun to think about trying to make something most people think wouldn't work... work, you know?

black shell media is publishing my game
they're going to make me huge!

I bought a golden frog in yoga pose and put it next to my computer.

Damn it pugdev.

I can't believe a fugitive is just casually browsing this site.

who is this qt character

i wish i could sculpt like this

What is Dangan Ronpa?

Going to big events, however that costs a lot of money. Look into the Indie Megabooth at Pax. They have a system where you can get a smaller booth for one day or as little at 500$ (minus travel).

>game where you play as an underground free form jazz musician fighting aids because he was POZ LOADED as a child(full length cutscene included)you have to make a musical piece tht will get you enough money for aids medication fighting that shekrili guy (whatever you call him)but thats not all folks!

each genre is out to get you because you have a hot wife, but shes black, so they kidnap her, but unlike movies they kille her on the spot so you have no chance of saving her,, you venture onwards to become the free thinker of the musical realm and proclaim what is right fully yours, also every 5(five) minutes you need to battle someone or you'll lose fans,(gameplay consists of running from gay thoughts)

I have interviews with tv talk show hosts and celebrities where I give extremely vague answers about what is possible in the game.

I have this pic for elbow/knee joints. I don't know about how shoulder joints or other joints should look though.

why would i post my game when you already have an opinon of me that is clearly negative. and if i dont post my game? you have won the argument. i hope that if you do have a game, i enjoy it. because your posting behavior is childish.

I... actually didn't like the trial segments of that game. But thanks for reminding me that it exists. Props to them for trying to explore it, I guess.

fucking kek. I almost forgot why I come here.

Reposting here because I posted in the dead thread:

Help us name our game. If we choose your name you can be in the credits thanks

The gameplay is breeding procedurally generated genetically modified monstergirls on a spaceship while you explore the galaxy in a near future setting.

I-I just signed on with them.

Why does everyone hate them?

Monster Girl Breeder Program

t.credit to Googem pls

mating period
reproduction time

all me

space invade-her

because you invade her space

holy fuck who made this? is there a way we can put them away for good

Celery

30% cut for no results. Look at the list of games they "publicized" on steam.

Supposedly the CEO is shitty too but that's not as directly impactful to you as the worthless 30% cut.
worthlessbums.com/blog/2016/08/16/should-you-associate-yourself-with-black-shell-media/

Breeding Season

>The gameplay is breeding procedurally generated genetically modified monstergirls on a spaceship while you explore the galaxy in a near future setting.

Space Stimulator

it's all about the polygon loops and the overall flow of your quads. This is a good start. youtube.com/watch?v=86JiuZpbi_w
>inb4 blender.
Look for everything you think you will need and add " polygon flow " or " polyloops " on google. It will give you some idea on what to do and what not do do. As for unwrapping/texturing. The most important thing is - the smaller the checkerboard, the more detail you can cram in that area, Make sure most of the checkerboard areas are the same or pretty equal size - depends on how much detail you want in there. Always make sure you have the same size and pixel ration everywhere, unless it's an area that will not have any detail. Unwrapping depends on the tools you're using.
youtube.com/watch?v=XtHYHXogotw
Never expect automated unwrap to work as intended, unless you work for a company that took to time to develop a tool or a plugin that will do the work properly.
youtube.com/watch?v=HLhazEa8wmw

As for the textures, polypaint is your friend - zbrush/mudbox/blender and others.
Handpainted textures maid in photoshop are good for lowpoly organic models, ok, not good, buy they pass. As for hardsurface, if you have knowledge in photoshop or gimp and know how to work with " dirt maps " you won't need polypaint as long as your textures are believable.
But don't forget, make sure you model in quads, so you can divide/subdivide you model if needed and check all the sources you can. The may seem a bit advanced but will give you basic understanding how things are supposed to work and will make you more familiar with navigation and the overall environment of the software.

that's pretty good too