German Engineering General

Can we get a thread going on about the superiority of German cars? Japaniggers with their Hondas are not welcome.

>able to travel at 150mph all day in comfort
>look the best
>reliable
>cheap on the second hand market
>good on fuel
>great interiors
>even the most powerful models have styling which doesn't shout about it

I don't like you opinion.

I think the general consensus is that they're well-engineered from a performance standpoint, but overly-complicated in a way which makes them expensive to maintain.
>Objections?

>reliable

Sure, after you dump $7k a year worth of maintenance into it. It better be reliable after that.

>t. Not a german car owner

Thank fuck. I got way too many friends and family that are VW fanboys. Getting beat by Hyundai and Kia in reliability must feel nice.

After having had 3 BMWs

pretty much

>look the best

Look alright

>reliable

They aren't

They are cheap because they aren't reliable and no one wants to pay those repair prices

>good on fuel

My C4 gets better fuel economy than my M3 did

>great interiors

Usually

Don't know if thats even a good thing

>VW fanboys
I actually like VW/Audi, but many of their fans make me cringe hard. There's this faglord in my neighborhood who owns a VW Rabbit with an absurdly loud exhaust. He was hooning around at 2 AM last night like an asshole, then woke me up again around 6 AM.

I take comfort in the fact that my bone stock car would absolutely rape that shitheap.

I might also add that him and his dude-bro buddies were crowded around the car yesterday afternoon like it's some amazing piece of machinery. Ugh...

german cars are pretty fuel efficient. a brand new e39 with the 3.0 i6 doing 90mph on the autobahn between heidelberg and frankfurt or somewhere in holland gets 30mpg... but that is with the terrain being as flat as possible. but still impressive because the e39 is a 2 ton fatpig

>he fell for the German cars are reliable meme

Had a guy come in to my shop with an AMG and needed brakes. Parts alone were $9k because he took the bait on carbon ceramic brakes which are literally factory ricer mod. The car had only done 35k miles. This idiot was going off at me saying i was ripping him off and gave us a bad google review. Fucking eurocuck drivers

>itt: butthurt poorfag americans who's local mechanic only knows how to work on old hondas and "v8 amercian muscle" meme cars.

>150mph all day in comfort
only some models
>look the best
not any more

>reliable
with more preventive maintenance than the car is worth
because the owner realised it was not worth keeping

Mmm i sure do love me some german engineering

Previous owner probably did that.

Check out all this engineering
(All this just to change the alternator)

Thats just where the wires go. They're pinned down either end i had to unclip it

>superior german lubrication

German overengineering.

More superior german lubrication

How about the oil stream directly hitting this brace thing. That took a downie 20 minutes to come up with, such prestige

Some

>look the best
Ehh some of them look good, some don't

>reliable
LOL definitely not

Yeah because they're expensive to maintain once out the warranty period

>good on fuel
They're on average with everyone else.

>great interiors
Only certain manufacturers. New Mercedes have good interiors, BMW does not.

That's good if you like sleepers I guess

I like to think I'm one of the few Volkswagen owners who isn't a giant cock munch

Basically OP is confused. OP really ment to post a panther

>reliable
Theyre not
Guess why they dont hold their prices? Theyre shit value because they got shit relability

>superiority of German cars
There are some good Mercedes and BMW models, but that POS Volkswagen you posted makes me ashamed of my country. 1/10 you made an actual German reply.

/thread

>tfw no C5 RS6 Avant

This is THE sleeper

>tfw they are all autos

there is reserved place in hell for engineers who made such thing

Which M3 did you have?

And how reliable has your C4 been? I always heard C4s didn't have the best wiring from the factory (cheap thin brittle shit so it'd have electrical problems)

>Mfw German engineering is the reason why my driver's seat won't fucking recline

>mfw German engineering is the reason my seat backs are hanging off

He needed new brakes at 35k?

I though the carbons lasted forever.

Porsche and BMW and Benz use a lot of braking in their trac control and stability control algorithms.

Meaning that they eat thru brakes very quickly, even carbon ceramics. Street driven, CC rotors should last 100K, with 3 or 4 pad changes in there.

I agree, I think you nailed it

This x1000.

What is the best way to fix this? I've tried superglue but I think I need something thicker. How well does double sided foam tape work?

>tfw the b5 s4 manual trans is compatible

I read a guy used some metal coat hangers or some shit. Supposedly you can just hack off the old shitty plastic and bend some spare metal into the shape of the fitting, thats what I'm going to try atleast.

The repair kit from Audi is silly money.

sure if you want it to blow up.

Considering the influx of Ahmeds into Europe this is just getting with the times.

Not in daily commute driving, they dont get to proper temperature and degrade quickly

so can any american V8

>look the best

most boring/dull design ever

>reliable

kek

more expensive than american cars

>good on fuel

premium only. big thristy engines

>great interiors

usually plastic and shit just like any other car. older models will likely have ripped seats and shit. "Great"

boring as fuck

my LS1 Trans Am goes 155mph and gets 24 mpg. and its drop dead gorgeous

also it cost about as much as a fucking 325i

no one gives a shit about your trans am cletus

You raise valid points but
>Trans Am
>good looking

E36 M3

My C4 has been flawless except some minor electrical bits, namely speakers just cease working

90s electronics are my bane

But I've only had the thing for a year and a half

>its drop dead gorgeous
cringe

please tell me about your dads old 318ti. she gets good "mileage" and is fun in the curvey bits, r-right? lol

>Trans Am
>not classic Americana

just the other day i had some qt highschool girls taking pictures of my car at the stop light.

i'm sure your grey-slate BMW gets the same attention

>minnesota
explains everything

i live in IL

maybe you prefer the classic styling of my EF hatch?

this picture explains everything

tell me more how your outdated piece of shit isn't slower than a civic

Bane?

>mfw

I love German cars, but my Jap car is just as fast ;)
Not for long tho, puttin pulley and headers on the Benz

>these poorfags claiming their american shitboxes can sit at 150+mph comfortably compared to a german car

haha, confirmed for never having driven an american car at such speeds, letalone a german sportscar.

Corvettes, atleast prior to the C7 were terrifying at high speeds, scary wind noises and overall they felt like they were falling apart.

looks like chocolate milk

>Fastest I've ever driven is 130mph
>Mk4 Jetta

Just get some older Suzuki Alto if you care about reliability.

Or a diesel.

>a 20 year old car having small cosmetic issues
well colour me surprised. all the plastic in my friends 98 Ford Taurus is warped, cracking or just coming unclipped. its not unique to any car maker.

>he bought a base model
Only the base models had plastic backs on the seats.

>mfw it's 13 years old and the range topper with sport seats

>cosmetic
Makes the seat spongey as fuck.