>Disassembled LY engine
>Detailed cars for charity event
>Did a lot of textbook work
>Watched Fast and the furious

Overall it was pretty mint looking back

We do not have this in germany
:(
*le sadface

There sure weren't any girls using rabbit vibes.

I wanted to take auto shop in high school. Opted for machining instead. Reason being that the teacher literally did not teach anything. Auto shop neighbored the machine shop and I had a buddy in there to confirm that they did absolutely nothing all 4 years. Sometimes someone would bring a car in to mod or fix. Tool selection was garbage, and the teacher was hardly even around. Most the time it was just dicking around for 2 hours in the classroom.

It's really become a sad state in America when schools are pushing everyone to take courses for college and auto shops are just used to dump unmotivated kids that are look for an easy credit.

I think the worst part was how misleading the intro course was. In 8th grade you could take a class good for 1/4 of a high school credit that lasted half a semester in carpentry, machining, auto shop, or computers. I took all 4 and in the auto shop one we learned how to install timing chains/belts, plastigage crank journals, install a cam. But that was it. Once you were in it was all downhill from there.

Mine was like yours and definitely better. While there was some textbook work, there was a lot of practical work on real cars that needed servicing. The courses were always packed full and I was denied the course because I was college bound. Due to high demand, the priority for these courses was for those who wanted and needed vocational training for use when they graduated from high school. Thus, the college-bound types were at the bottom of the list which meant zero chance.

It was a physically large space and the largest dedicated space to any specific class at high school other than PE Basketball which of course had a whole gymnasium's basketball court. Due to donations from businesses that of course wanted more pre-trained newbies to apply for work, there were FIVE hoists installed. 2 hydraulic and 3 above ground. There were ramps too, but these were nice wide commercial type metal ones bolted to the concrete floor. They were good to provide experience with oil changes and other work in low-clearance cramped situations where a hoist was not available.

It was always a busy place all morning up to 2PM where it would wind down due to cleanup. I really did want to get into all the classes there but couldn't.

The quality of high schools does depend on your area. If it has staff that just wants to collect their teachers' unionized paychecks, then of course the school is unmotivated.

>It's really become a sad state in America when schools are pushing everyone to take courses for college and auto shops are just used to dump unmotivated kids that are look for an easy credit.

Not at ours. They were tough courses because your repairs had to be successful and not half-assed. The teachers knew companies wanted to hire the better students, so they did properly grade the students.

Any horseplay and the student is kicked out from the class. No fooling around with tools and pretending to use tools as a weapon counted as horseplay. The graduates of the full series of courses were typically whites and spanish.

Auto shop courses began in the sophomore year and continued to the senior year. We had small engines in junior high and high school as well and freshman usually took small engines as prep for auto shop starting in their sophomore year. I don't know why, but black kids just never finished anything past the first sets of introductory courses. Rather than saying there is "attention deficit disorder" it was more like "persistence deficit disorder" that kept them from completing auto shop. There were many blacks as freshman, but they kept dropping out even though high school was mandatory education. Why can't blacks even finish auto shop courses?

Yeah your definitely sounds like one of the better ones. We had kids that would just use that class to study for other classes or smoke weed and treat it as a free period.

>No machining class at all
Fuck my high school. They hardly even had wood shop, but niggers literally would shoot the door with the nail gun, so I wouldn't be surprised if they don't even have that anymore.

My school had no shop classes whatsoever, not even fucking woodshop or anything. I'm jealous of people who had auto shop classes in high school, it sounds like it could have been so fun.

Wish I took it, it was off site so it was about a 4 hour class every other day.

They hammered the 'you need to take 100000 AP Classes to get into a safety college' meme pretty hard so I didn't have the time to do something actually interesting to me.

Looking back, an ideal high schoolfor me would've been auto shop, plus science/math APs (plus gf) so I could go to college for auto engineering instead of fucking economics.

My shop classes had basic wiring and small engines on the first year then they had some V8s on engine stands for second years. We got "shop days" too where kids could bring in their own cars and do basic stuff with the lifts and tools they had available so long as it only took 1 hour to do. Usually it was oil changes or putting a muffler on but one kid did replace the transfer case in his F150.

>take auto class senior year first period
>be late every day
>always was late to my first period classes to the point where I became a meme in other classes
>teacher was quietly marking me tardy each time
>get sent to detention for the first time in my life
>repeat two more times
>drop the class
>be late to my second period class economics with no consequences the rest of the year

Felt good. Was never on time to first classes of the day in college either. Always late to work now too.

>high school auto shop

From a wealthy neighborhood high school with ~1200 students

>Shop class had its own dedicated corner with auto, welding, and machining stuff
>Auto class took up two periods a day out of a total eight
>Full of wannabe hicks with their daddy's trucks

I didnt take it because the people who took it were faggots and would probably give me weird looks if I brought in my 4 year old BMW to work on during class. Also I didn't have time in my schedule because I took STEM classes to not be a drain on society like hicks

My school had nine 40 minute periods for classes + lunch; woodworking one and two were the only kind of dangerous liabilities allowed.

We still had some dumb schmuck put a 1/2 inch bit through the webbing between his thumb and pointer. When the teacher asked why, he said he wanted to see what would happen.

One was 2 guided projects for the year
Two was designing and building your own project.

The rich kid in class made bunk beds for his brothers out of black walnut

I fucking wish we had auto or machining classes.

Well my school didn't even offer auto. If it did, I would've been the one nigga in there that actually gave a shit.

>I don't actually give a fuck about cars. I'm only hear cause I heard you get to test drive a lambo

>learned how to change things
>I am Veeky Forumstism already so I just chilled and watched normies struggle to change things
>teacher let me chill everyday and help the others
>other teachers brought their cars in for me to work on them
>went to state auto tech competition and won $1000 worth of tools bc 2nd place

Can't speak for auto shop, but metalworking/welding was basically the same shit.

>5 Different schools in one shop and they all have there own groups
>about 6 groups in total (some people did their own thing while being cool with all the groups)
>3 or 4 people work their ass off and are good at what they do
>most used it to get out of regular school but still did their work and tried to get their work done and get a decent grade
>few assholes there just to get out of regular school and fuck around all day
>teachers knew this mentality and basically outcasted them
>atleast 1 first year from every class gets kicked out within the first month for bringing in a bong or getting caught smoking pot in the welding booths

Literally the same between every shop.

My high school's auto shop was a class you took to do everything in. Even though we had a weilding shop, electricity class and wood working, autoshop was a great way to learn everything the school offered.

My favorite memory was starting the class off practicing welding a piece of metal together, the teacher picking the best weld, and making them weld something on a car, and then him having a contest for best soldered connection so they could do some electrical fixes.

Hell, there was even a day we needed to raid the wood shop for a bunch of lumber. We had like 5 engines that he wanted to throw out, but the school wouldn't let us have 4 kids try to carry an engine outside. He ended up building this fucking ugly cart that we could set the engines all on at the same time and used a factory rejected Lincoln towncar to pull it outside.

We had a autoshop in highschool, but you had to go into a separate program to be allowed to use it. Basically you get a kneecapped highschool diploma and have to take all the bottom of the barrel math and English courses with you because it assumes you aren't going to do anything with your life besides be a mechanic.

I don't think my highschool had an autoshop.
I already knew everything they would have taught anyway.

It's good place to learn Spanish.

We were forced to take Spanish, lol

>highschool
>auto class
wow, fucking rich spoiled brats

My Hugh school auto shop was just a class for the "special needs" kids so they didn't annoy the rest of the students in actual classes
Itt everyone is a retard

I didn't have many free classes as I took every fuckin' AP course in the book and opted to take their CAD/engineering courses instead.

Besides, everyone there was just interested in smoking shitty hash they paid 40 a gram for and talking about the hella sick HP gains they were gonna get by chipping their Chevvy Cavaliers.

My autoshop consisted of tire toss with the doughnuts over the lifts supports (think volleyball)
Secretly sharpening screw drivers and welding them to the hood of the county district cars
Lots of dip
Great losses of 3/8 sockets because people used them as bowls for autotech created bongs (more jb weld than anything)
Idiots putting ebay fake turbo 'vortex creator's' in their shitty cold air intake
LOTS OF DARK BLACK COFFEE
V6 mustang errwhere
People trying to get a buzz off of o2 for welding torches
E cigs hidden in highlighters
Sex in school county Cavaliers
Mini bikes made to shoot flames
Students mistaking brake for gas and ramping teachers car off of alignment racks and into wall
Even more dip
Dart guns made on air hoses
Initiation of freshman by shooting said darts into their flesh as is tradition
Shop teacher drinking and fishing with students
A's were achieved not by work but by how much McDonald's can be brought to shop teacher
Making substitutes cry. Alot.