I just bought a ninja 300 for my first bike

I just bought a ninja 300 for my first bike.

Tell my why I fucked up Veeky Forums

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Kz03sQeX02c
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Pic related

R3 is better in almost every way

you bought it from a dealership and are going to take a massive loss when you sell it in a month

To be fair, where else are you supposed to get a new bike?

>not getting a grom for a first bike

>first bike
>new bike
that's also where you fucked up. as an inexperienced rider there's a good chance you'll drop it.

Tfwnogrom.jpg

>being this poor

Hey, at least you can hit the rev limiter in the twisties.

>make bad decisions
>call others poor for pointing them out
idgaf if you crash it, but you asked

I looked on Craigslist but I live in the middle of nowhere. Dealership was the only option unfortunately.

Being this retarded.
Also, your poor is showing when you only went for 300 cc

>no one should ever buy low capacity bikes because theyre too cheap
>$150k ducati or nothing

Better than the old 250 I suppose. If I were to ever ride... I'd probably grab a used SV650 to start on.

Let us know know how you like it OP, I'll be getting my motorcycle endorsement soon and this is one of those bikes on my list.

Honestly, you're gonna be bored of it so quick. I'm really glad I started on an R1 with a Viper motor swapped in.

nigger you silly

pfft look at this fag can't wait for your thread asking about how to turbo it once you get bored next week

> Tell my why I fucked up Veeky Forums
You posted about motorcycles outside of /dbt/.
Fucknugget.

Fuck off autismo. Bikes belong on Veeky Forums too

i know who you are brah :3

That's why there's a dedicated thread for them. Literally what is the point of making a new thread about it?

From metadata or you actually know me?

>learning to ride
>get on w16-swapped sportbike
>bored in a week, needs four more turbos to stay interesting
This is what squids actually believe

You sucked me off in the backroom closet for that discount. Don't play dumb!

>300

Either you're 12, don't trust yourself, or are heavily indoctrinated by so called youtube vlogger authorities & influencers.

Pick all.

Didn't you take your lessons on something heavier? Did you die?

There is literally no reason to support this 300 moped fad unless you have a sub 25kw license.

pretty sure i actually know you. initials PM?

S.S

LIke everyone said, you bought a new bike, from a dealership.

It's also kinda slow, 0-60 in 6 seconds you're going to have a lot of people overtaking you.

...Edward? Go back to /a/ where you belong.

So ungrateful that I made your bike affordable...

Its green

It's a kawi

>just bought a ninja 300 for my first bike.

>Tell my why I fucked up Veeky Forums

Why repeat what you've already said?

They produce considerably less power and torque than even 250 cruisers...but somehow manage to way 20-30kg more, so not only are they slow and fat, they're uncomfortable, depreciate rapidly, and are overly expensive to repair.

You bought a marketing exercise, not a motorcycle.

It safe in terms of power - but it's so underpowered you might be bored within half a year.

You bought your first bike new. From a dealer. Which us expensive. You should always treat your first bike as if you're going to drop it - because there's a big chance you will. It'll be expensive when you do.

Picking a first bike around 300cc is actually a smart move.

Getting bored with it within six months is a big risk though, and then you get hit with nadsive depreciation.

Found the harleyfag

Found the faggot.

I can't stand Harelys, mostly because every single one of my criticisms of a 300 Ninja applies to them, only with the addition of shitty ground clearance and an inability to turn.

And don't even get me started on the indian made 500cc shit heaps.

You didn't. Ride it for a year or two until you've seen and successfully dealt with shit out on the road without dropping it.

>Lessons
>USA

you didn't

people saying otherwise are retarded

>first bike
>brand new
>dealership
>300cc
At least it's a color that catches your eye. People only see bikes if they are loud in volume or color. You fucked up on all of the above points though. My first bike was a Ducati 748. I still miss that fucking wheelie monster

>all these salty cunts

nice choice OP, have fun and don't drop it

>I promise I'm not OP handling damage control
Okay

Fuck off

I was going to buy a 300 new from a dealer, when I came to my senses and bought a used cbr250. Saved half of the price, but I wished I got a sv650 instead. Never buy new user.

In Florida you have to take a 2 day course for a motorcycle endorsement.

Honestly low displacement motorcycles are a ton of fun especially for the street once you get used to them.

They're so lightweight you can do all sort of off road shenanigans with them, and you can run around full throttle all the time while still getting 60+ MPG

They're also so low and nimble they're very confidence inspiring if having come from no experience at all. I think you did good OP go have fun and enjoy yourself.

I personally ride an '06 zx6r because Montana and 80 mph speed limits and the 15k redline and sec appeal.

Which is absolutely nothing compared to Euro lessons.

>light weight
>nimble
>ninja 300

Fucking nope
He also bought this shitbike NEW from a DEALER a new bike as his first. He's fucking retarded

You did fine, but you spent too much money.

You should have bought used, because there's a 90% chance you're going to drop it. I personally started on an 800 dollar ninja 250.

i've never seen a 250 cruiser that makes more power than a 250 ""sportbike""

they just suck dick on the highway, otherwise a 250/300 is hard to beat in a city/low speed riding

Personally I would never buy a new dealer bike either unless planning on keeping it a while, but you're the first one to get your ass sweat into the seat and if he can afford it I don't think he did too badly.

Also I'm sorry you're used to a 50cc moped but a ninja 300 feels tiny compared to most everything else.

you didnt i rode a cruiser for 6 years before i got my first sports bike which was the ninja 300 (2012) i loved it and only just upgraded to the zx-6r (2015) in feb you'll have lots of fun you wont keep up with the 600cc bikes but its still loads of fun and i still have it in my garage for when i dont want to be super agressive

Which ducati is 150k? The msot expensive ducati is like 80k. The most expensive bike is actually a honda at 220k or something
Everyone will see that you are a noob and laugh. The ninija 300 is by no means a sport bike and with the upright seating position, skinny tires, and horride exhaust sound (sounds like a scooter) it shows. I laugh whenever I see someone in these small cc "sport bikes" thinking theyre bad ass. Why didnt you get a naked? Theyre not trying to be something else and look a lot better.

>laughing at beginners

Did you buy it new? and did you pay sticker price? If you answered yes to either question thats where you fucked up.

>laughing at beginners

i laugh when i see them eat shit pulling out of parking lots and pulling endos/locking brakes up on a supersport too

Ninja 300 is fucking pigfat dude, it is an awful bike
HE BOUGHT IT NEW

>all these bitter poorfags

What bike should one start with anyways? For someone with absolutely no motorcycle experience which bike is the best?

All I see is a bunch of people ripping on OP but no real suggestions.

>just looked it up
>383 pounds

Holy fucking shit how. That's as much as my zx6r

Ninja 250, Honda CBR250R, DRZ400, SV650, GS500(the g stands for gay lol)

Don't pay over 3 grand for your first, Don't buy chinese bikes, Don't skimp on your helmet, Sign up for an MSF,
Order of gear importance
Helmet>Jacket>Gloves>Boots>Pants

youtube.com/watch?v=Kz03sQeX02c

You mean

Helmet > Gloves > Jacket > Boots > Pants

Hands are too easy to fuck up and hard as fuck to properly fix 100%. I personally wouldn't buy anything short of full leather race gauntlets with palm sliders and even pinky protection ($140-220).

He's only getting ripped on for buying a new bike he'll grow out of within a few months and taking a hit on depreciation at the tune of a couple hundred (brand new bikes don't lose value as much as /dbt/ believes, sometimes its actually cheaper to buy a new bike vs a used 1-3 y/o bike if your market sucks dick).

Pretty much any four stroke 250-500cc if you have zero motorcycle experience.

I'm going to go with jacket before gloves because it covers more body area, and you're more likely to slide on your back than your hands even if ever so slightly, but they're pretty equal in importance.

>no abs
Do you want to die?

>buying a full faring starter bike

Top fucking cuck. Why do you fags do this. You're probably going to drop it and you'll outgrow in 6 months.

Get a shit bike, then buy that 600/1000. Christ.

I'm sorry you're too poor to buy bike and too stupid to buy a good starter bike.

You probably couldn't afford both so you got the worst of both!

>he thinks that a humans natural reaction to falling doesn't involve flattening it's palms and extended it's arms
Have fun with that

Idiots.

Its sunglasses>jacket>boots and das it.

No buy seriously it should be Helmet>gloves>jacket>pants> boots. When i crashed while squidding the most damage was to my arms and legs. My hands were fine since i was wearing gloves but my feet were completely fine

>Needing abs
Especially on a 300 common dude

Feet can get fucked up pretty easily too.

Have you seen pics of a foot surgery? Shit's disgusting. All those tiny little bones and tendons. And worst part you don't even have to crash fast to fuck your feet up wearing sneakers. Just a low mph low slide where your feet get pinned under or coming to a stop and putting your foot on something slippery (like a crushed bottle or a oil slick) and the bike lands on your shin/foot.

Forget it if your foot gets pinned under the bike or hit by another object going faster

Still doesn't stop me from rocking New Balances when I'm squidding around town.

Im not a retard so i wont drop my bike. And If I do I jump away from it. I dont hold onto the bike like a retard. If you have to choose between pants or boots its pants all the way. They are more likley to get damaged. Boots are good in only special circumstances.

Awesome bike OP, read twist of the wrist, take one year to learn how to ride properly and have fun

OP here with an update.

I picked up my bike and am very satisfied. the bike is extremely learner friendly and forgiving in that it wont let you put yourself into trouble easily.

That being said it is still very very fast if you compare it to cars, so to any cagers will still be eating your dust.

very very fuel efficient and over all extremely fun to ride.

8/10

What 250cc cruiser makes more power than a ninja 300?

none

Pretty much what I thought.

this

>buying a bike you'll grow out of in 6 months new
You didn't get the model wrong per se but you still fucked up.

>300 fast

Your top speed is 110~
0-60 is 5-7 seconds

Congrats pretty much any performance car that can run a 14 second 1/4 can outrun/keep up with you.

Nice learner bike yes, fast, no.

Enjoy your depreciation

Could have spent the same money on a bike a few years old but with more power.

another 300 starter here

i have to say the 300 is an overall fun bike when you get down to it. 6$ for a full tank at almost 200 miles per tank on the highway its great. ill admit now that i have had it for about two years i was considering trading up for a bigger bike but something about my 300 just wont let me let go.

also don't plan on selling it for a long time your going to drop it at some point but for me i got mine brand new at 10 miles and after half a year the dealership i got it from wouldn't give me half what i paid for it which was around 5000. other than that i have no other complaints about the bike.

its a beginner bike. im not comparing it to performance cars. just 95% of all the cars on the road.

>kinda slow
> 6 seconds 0-60

heh, I dont think you realize how few cars on the road are actually capable of 6 seconds.

"kinda slow" is up to personal preference but to me anything over 8 seconds is kinda slow, even then they might not feel slow. 9+ is slow.

All those "5.7 sec" V6 camerys and other 300 HP family haulers are really like 6.2+ in practice, those sub 6 second numbers are just best case scenarios in ideal conditions.

Its going to take a Mustang GT, Camaro SS or the like to really get ahead of this bike.

>fast, no.

Listen guy, it may depend on where you live but in Western NC youd be very hard pressed to find a car that could outrun one of these bikes.

They certainly are not slow. I did have a 2013 V6 mustang and I was able to keep up with one but not overtake.

Youll need something like an STI, Mustang GT or the like to actually be "faster".

Yeah, itll be faster than the vast majority of cars.

the bus riders on here speak from no actual experience.

i wanna get somthing dirt bike-y like a dirt bike but fast enough to get away from the police on

A V8 charger would certainly keep up with this bike or even catch it on a highway.

Hell, a crown vic could catch up to one given that its top speed is higher.

supermoto?

You may have a point, but newer model vehicles anymore are encroaching on that kind of speed. Drivers here are aggressive and I personally don't like anyone catching to my ass when Im on a bike, especially fags that drive budget sportscars, large displacement pick ups and high end SUVs that are in that 0-60 5-7 second range. All those faggots are the worst and OP will have his hands full with those types of drivers.

gonna have a hard time finding an enduro for lease with an automatic transmission

you could've gotten a hold-over fz07 for around the same price

Should've gotten a 600

Should've gotten a Honda

>liking generals
Cancer

A KLR650 or DRz400 or one of the other 650 dual sports perform approximately as well as OP's new Ninja but are dirt bikey enough that you can take it through a field or up hiking trails a police cruiser can't go. Also one of those fat-ass adventure bikes like the gs1200 can outrun everything the police drive on the highway and its just dirt bikey enough that it can porkily waddle through a path in a cornfield or something if its dry.

Maybe OP bought a 300 because of insurance purposes

Cheapest bikes to insure are dualsports/ enduros. I have a DRZ and pay $75 a year. They wrongfully assume they are used mostly off road I guess.

OP probably pays something dumb because they consider the Ninja a sportbike the same as a Hayabusa.