/emugen/ - Emulation General

emulation.gametechwiki.com/
emulation.miraheze.org/wiki/Main_Page

Read the General problems FAQ before asking questions. If you still need help, post your specs (speccy screenshot), OS, emulator version number and details of what's wrong.

emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/General_problems_FAQ
emulation.miraheze.org/wiki/General_problems_FAQ

Please contribute to the wiki if you discover any inaccuracies or have relevant information to append.

Other urls found in this thread:

ps4emulator.org/
github.com/AntiMicro/antimicro/releases
board.byuu.org/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=674
github.com/libretro/bsnes-libretro/pull/19#issuecomment-242243126
floating.muncher.se/byuu/uncooperative.html
templeos.org/
mametesters.org/view.php?id=6335
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

PCSX ReARMed on Vita any day now, SP.

>My software's GPLv3, so anyone is free to make forks like that and I can't stop them. But just for the record, for the first half of bsnes' life, it used a no-derivatives license precisely to prevent something just like bsnes-mercury.

>If you're going to hack up my core and throw away its accuracy gains, then you might as well just use Snes9X. And that's not just a spiteful statement: Snes9X is close enough to even the official bsnes-performance profile; and the core architectural designs of bsnes (which are required for the more accurate profiles) prevent it from ever being as fast as Snes9X is at an equivalent accuracy level. But again, I can't stop you from using it.

>I do want it to be known though that I strongly oppose this sort of thing. It goes against everything I stand for and have tried to do for the past 12 years.

Retroarch is dangerous

Byuu is just mad he can't sell bsnes mercury

Vita emulation never

Hey guys look I found this really good PS4 emulator, you can download it from here

>ps4emulator.org/

Looking to play the Metroid Prime games, should I emulate each game or emulate Trilogy?

Can someone help me set up a controller for mGBA? Playing Fusion with a keyboard is awkward as fuck.

No

>should I emulate each game or emulate Trilogy?

Whatever controls you prefer

nigga do u really need help setting up a fuckin controller lmao

Emulate them separate, I hear Trilogy does something weird with the graphics or something.
Your very helpful user.
A Gamecube one, yeah.

Fuck off Stephan

>A Gamecube one
Do you have an adapter to plug it into and USB port, if yes then it's like every other fucking controller you don't need help, if you don't have an adapter then get one.

Thanks, I try my best

I do have an adapter, it's how I use it for Dolphin. Can't you see it in your heart to help someone who has no idea what the fuck to do?

It basically won't let me map the buttons to my controller. It just dons't detect anything when I go to Controller settings.

I don't really know what to tell you if you can't set up a controller in mGBA, but have managed to set it up in dolphin.

Alright fine, how would I usually go about setting up a controller.

Stick it up your butt

LUIGI THIS ISN'T WEED

Thanks m8

Like user click in the box once and click the button you want to use, that's it.

Doesn't detect my button clicks senpai.

Throw away that shitty Logitech controller and buy a ps4/xbone controller

About to looks into PS2 emulators and get ESPN NFL 2K5 in time for football season. I've emulated GBA and N64 without much hassle before. how much more difficult is PS2?

You 100% sure about that?
Because it doesn't really show much, if you want to make sure clear the button then set it again, it also doesn't seem to show anything when mapping dpad despite being actually mapped from what I've just seen.

Try another version just in case

Otherwise it might be dumb but just use
github.com/AntiMicro/antimicro/releases

A tad more difficult. The general procedure is:

>acquire emulator
>acquire BIOS
>configure plugins
>hope the game you want to play isn't a buggy mess

The wiki will help you out.

I can run games pretty good on my low-mid end pc. Dips down to 70-80% in Okami but the other games I tried ran at 90%-100% speed.

What are your specs?

>plugins
Nah pham. There's a reason I use psxfin.

Intel i3 4160 3.6Ghz
Nvidia GTX 750Ti
8GB 1600Mhz DDR3 RAM

Remember, I'm using a GC controller so I don't think even AntiMicro will work, pretty sure only Dolphin will detect this thing. I'l just map the keyboard controls to something not autistic

Why wouldn't it be detected as a normal Dinput gamepad?
Go look into the windows gamepad control panel, it should be there.

Wait, for PCSX2 I need my PS2 and the game I want for it to work? or and I just an idiot? Cause I traded all that in months ago

Do you have a 2x 4GB kit?

You can download all that stuff fromt the internet.

Check the wiki for the BIOS and emuparadise for the games

It's under hardware and devices as WUP-028 and unspecified. Really I don't know what to do.

danke

yes

I'm planning to buy it since I've heard two 4GB units are better than one 8GB units.

I already bought a new graphics card and processor, now it's time for the ram.

This makes me angry

That's the Device manager though not the gamepad control panel.

Click Start, click Run, type joy.cpl in the Open box, and then click OK.
Is it in the list or not?
If it is then it should work if it's not then you're gonna have to get an actual controller;

byuu is an idiot. If he paid any attention, he'd know that the HLE DSP and SuperFX overclock are options that are disabled by default, so it's not throwing away anything except for those who choose to do it.

His fanaticism towards accuracy is getting out of hand.

>How would da Vinci feel if someone drew a moustache on the Mona Lisa?

lol, comparing his emulator to Mona Lisa. Have fun alienating Alcaro some more by shitting on his fork.

>mfw SuperEagle
I don't get why SuperEagle gets all the hate. It makes the game look smoother, more colorful, and gets rid of the ugly jagged pixels and edges. Only plebs use NTSC or some scan line shit.

Get with the program nostalgiashits.

No pham, nothing is in the list.

Then you're using a weird adapter that doesn't make your NGC pad a standard PC gamepad and I can't really help you.

I wonder how many people byuu blocks on Reddit

board.byuu.org/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=674

Its a Mayflash 4 port adapter, the most common adapter I think. Thanks for trying to help anyway senpai

>Turning reddit into even more of a "safe zone"
>Blocking Terry Davis

What the fuck are you doing byuu

why does he block terry davis

github.com/libretro/bsnes-libretro/pull/19#issuecomment-242243126
floating.muncher.se/byuu/uncooperative.html

Pretty much Alcaro's response to byuu's general douchebaggery.

Who is Terry Davis?

Inb4 NovaObscura/Mintyhalls links this on reddit

what filter is this

DOOM on SNES is the only game I notice input lag for. It's reeeeaaaally bad.

gba color i think

What are some of the best games of the DS?

No pokemon stuff

It boggles my mind that people still use Comic Sans in CURRENTYEAR. hasn't it been satirized enough?

It's done on purpose to make it funnier

The worst love story ever told.

I came for the Eurobeat and stayed in the hopes somebody wins.

do you know what folder it's in?

People can block who they want but /r/emulation will NEVER become a safe zone/safe space.

handheld, along with ds color and psp color.

thanks user

Mintyhalls is ded

>Complain for years that he wants someone to manage a "user friendly" bsnes based on the Qt version.
>Someone finally forks bsnes 0.73 and backports all the snes fixes
>Waaah Waaah stop using my outdated code, I completely disapprove of this

how do i get emulators on chromebook?

Install linux first

Option 1: Use online emulators
Option 2: Install Gentoo other distros work too

/emugens/ thoughts as to DS on Vita?

TempleOS dev

templeos.org/

>DS on Vita?

Not even remotely possible

What about Vita on DS

lmao

I remember someone linking a video of him saying nigger a lot.

Has anyone ever made an emulator for a system on a system less powerful than it
Obviously not functioning well but has it happened

i couldn't find a video but this was real easy to find

PCSX2

Technically you can run Xenia and RPCS3 on hardware that would be slower than the actual console they're emulating, obviously there's no real point but still.

There's not even many emulator that emulate a console from the generation just before the one they run on outside of maybe that one Genesis emulator on PS1 and Bleem.

???
Nigger PS2s haven't been more powerful than PCs since... ever

I downloaded the latest version of Mame and when I go to the config menu to fix controls the menu appears on the bottom of the screen, how do I fix this? Here's what it looks like.

Any turing complete machine can.

mametesters.org/view.php?id=6335

LOL

You can run PPSSPP on a PSP with RetroArch

If you could hook up a large enough storage, you could emulate a ps4 on a gameboy. Though it wouldn't be very fast.

hold up, so you're saying I need to go into the UI file and fix it myself?

...why?
how fast is it?

So pretty much don't use the 32bit version which shouldnt be news to anyone.

Why is mame so shit

I'm using the 64bit version.

What do I change here to make the menu open with the Xbox button?

Because libretro cares are portable and you can simply build it for PSP without any effort.

I haven't tried, but I imagine it's completely unusable.

I'm emulating Contra 3 right now.

How the FUCK do I aim diagonally?

So how many years will we have to wait until we get a decent PS3 emulator

nigga this is pissing me off, i just wanted to replay some Strider Hiryu again but the damn Mame devs like making it so shit. If I can't fix the problem should I just play a older version of mame?

Could work

It's a long ways off, if ever. The Cell architecture is going to make it a bitch to emulate properly at playable speeds on anything coming out in the foreseeable future.

I see

Well, maybe by 2070

byuump