/tft/ - Truckerfag Thread

Return of the useful OP text edition.

>Obtaining a CDL: How do?
Community College or a dedicating truck driving school. Do your research and don't get sucked into a "school" that's actually just a meat grinder for a shit company.
>How can I into avoidings shit companies?
Here are some decent/good companies:
pastebin.com/Sv0cyWyH
If you don't see the company you're looking at included on this list, lurk moar.

>I could totally go to school but I'd rather be a trucker.
If you think you'll love the lifestyle, maybe. You'd be better off getting a real job. You can fall back on trucking at any time, but it is essentially a path of decent money for those that fail at everything else.
You can have good business sense and work ethic and make it big as an owner operator, but you would do even better at any other job.

>You will get fat.
>The only clothing you'll own are pajamas.
>The only reason you get paid well is because you work 70 hours per week.
>The longest relationship you'll get is 15 minutes with a lizard.
>Eating nothing is better than roller dogs.
>You have the most dangerous job in the nation.
>The D.O.T., Police, and Le'dash-uh in receiving hate you, and will harass you every chance they get.
>Other drivers hate you.
>Your job will be obsolete once self-driving trucks become available.
>Your loved ones miss you.
>If you don't change careers you will forever be considered a cuck and a homo. Especially if you cuckbox with another fag driver.
>lol 'murrica

>4 4 T O N N E S
>4
>4
>T
>O
>N
>N
>E
>S

>Select all images with commercial trucks

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

fmcsa.dot.gov/medical/driver-medical-requirements/skill-performance-evaluation-certificate-program
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

What is by far the most annoying thing cars do to you?
Mine has to be cutting into my safe zone when traffic is already stopping. I tend to get as close as I can to their bumper after this..

Road raging accomplishes nothing.

When you see it...

>be me
>realize no tf thread.
>try to start
>mfw pic related

Is Pepsifag in here? I hear he hangs out in here sometimes

You have to ring the nigger chow bell to get him to show up.

Thats not very nice.

He's probably gone fishing leave a message. He'll get it

I give up, what am i looking for?

Jesus christ man, I delete every message that is no longer relevant.
Your qualcomm is triggering me.

Exactly zero of those vehicles have any form of securement.

Holy shit... I cant believe i missed that.

>making appt to get muh eyes checked this weekend.

>getting loaded
>taking forever
>go back in the sleeper to crank one out
>orgasm coincides with pounding on my door
>jump up, take and sign bol
>pull off dock, start qualcomm and logs and before leaving.
>notice my left hand smells like penis
>i reached right down next to the dude's face for the bol
>spend rest of day wondering if he noticed

How to keep fucking lizards from banging on my cab all night?

The 'no lizard' sticker isn't working.

Hang a bra in your window.
Also don't park in niggerville.

What city does the Pepsi guy work? I'm actually getting unloaded at Pepsi in Indy right now.

It triggers me everyday. Mainly for its contents tho. Not because there's so many of them. And I found out last night I get 15 bucks instead of the 100 for short hauls. Martin has a yard on the other side of gordlands I might go poke them for a bit.
>select cars
That is a limo a utility van and a hyper car.

>Chevy truck passes with Geo Metro on a trailer
>Metro is pristine, clean as fuck, has shiny steelies, racing tires, roll cage
dafuq

He's in Florida

Get a dog

My dream car is an unassuming shitbox with supercar drivetrain and suspension.
Though mine would still look like shit.

Or maybe just a beware of dog sticker?
>bangbangbang
>hey baybee u want summm?
Vs
>bangbangbang
>BARK
>BARK
>BARK
>BARK
>BARKBARKBARK
>BARK
>BARK
>BARK
>BARKBARKBARK
>BARK
>BARK
>BARK
>BARKBARKBARK
>BARK
>BARK
>BARK
>BARKBARKBARK
>BARK
>BARK
>BARK
>BARKBARKBARK
>BARKBARK
>BARK
>BARK
>BARK
>BARKBARKBARK

>not training your dog to shut up when you tell it to

It's like you don't even dog

No he'd be in the fishing General on /out/ posting suburban Florida dinkbass and trying to sell power pro if he was

I just got done with my DOT physical an hour ago and now wait for my 20 weeks of schooling to begin on monday.

Also fuck being unable to piss on command while i piss like a damn fountain otherwise.

I've got the house to myself this weekend and the fag's boyfriend left me the keys to his 2016 Jaguar F-TYPE R. Lets hope I don't pull a Whiney.

>this post

Aspiring truckerfag, I was wondering if someone has, or knows where I can go to get, any information regarding a skill performance evaluation certificate. I looked at the website but was having trouble really comprehending the process, and the guy on the phone had a hell of an attitude (especially considering his job is supposed to be to help people) and just kept repeating the same lines from the website without answering my questions.
From what I understand, I'm supposed to get a DOT physical, the physician marks that I need a SPEC, then I get my CDL, and then an appointed individual rides along with me in the truck to verify I can safely drive the truck.
My concerns were 1) if I get my CDL, then what's the point of the SPEC? If I couldn't safely drive the truck, I would obviously fail the test. And 2) what happens if I get my CDL but then the SPEC guy is like "nah"? I feel like there's a really good possibility of me quoting my job, spending $3000 and living in another city for a month just so I can get a CDL and then be considered unfit to use said CDL

Bus driver here, gotta run logbooks because I have a trip to Illinois today (from Wisconsin).

It's kind of a bitch because you have to fill out a logbook for at least a week before you go out of state. I didn't do this so now I had to backwrite all my trips for the last 7 days.

At least we're still doing paper logs for now.

When people cut me off coming up to a red light or cut in front of me and slam on their brakes to make a right turn onto a side street or parking lot. I don't really get mad, but I wish I could just smash into them to teach them a lesson about how dangerous it is.

>be me
>drivin' the governor at 65mph on I-95
>trucks only allowed in right 2 lanes, no trucks in left 2
>car in 2nd lane doing 55mph
>can't pass on right because merging traffic and other people passing slow ass on right (another annoying thing, pass on the left fuckers!)
>go for a quick pass on left in 3rd lane
>car I'm passing speeds up to 65mph as soon as they see a truck passing them
Evrytiem. Easy solution is to just start drifting into their lane and scaring them away.

Why not just write a log that says off duty? You were local for the last week and therefore not required to keep a log.

If you ever fail a DOT drop, they watch you while you piss on subsequent tests. If you think it's difficult now, try pissing on command when somebody is staring at your junk.

Where muh cornbread?

Try pissing on them first. I bet you'll have no problem doing that.

So being an equal cunt is ok? Nice logic

>Easy solution is to just start drifting into their lane and scaring them away.
I do this all the time. There's that rare redneck with balls of steel that won't budge but most people get the hint that big truck = big trouble = slow down/merge away

MY WORST FEAR, REALIZED

Do pull a me and rip hektik skidz while blasting Super Eurobeat on the touge

Got new brake pads and rotors installed yesterday. I took it to my buddy who is a mechanic. Turns out when I got my wheels aligned and tires torqued to spec at Pep Boys, they over torqued the lug nuts and cross threaded them with the studs. Long story short I had to buy new studs and lug nuts because of those ass hats.

>Pep Boys
y tho

I've seen truckers do that when they didn't mean to. Have you ever seen a minivan flipping end to end and coming to rest on it's top? I did, when a trucker sideswiped it and the driver freaked and lost control.

I remember a trucker not liking some bikers on I-40 in AZ somewhere out in the middle of nowhere, but the bikers were too nimble to get hit.

As a tow truck driver having to fill out logs when I go over 100 miles from home is so fucking annoying. Then I get harassed at every scale I have to stop at because I don't have my last 7 days. Jeez, I wonder if its because I need to do logs once a month, if that, and most of my trips are 2-3 hours, if that.

Just blow your airhorn when people do that shit, if they don't get the picture they are a lost cause.

You a britfag or sumpthin?

Anyway, don't drive like an aggressive jackass and don't curb tires (instafail) and you'll be fine.

The skills test? Basically it's the morning pre trip. Tires,windows, air lines the lot front to back pretty much sain aloud what you are supposed to be looking for in regards to whatever you are currently pointing at. Cracked, bent, broke torn worn, fraid or as my Nigerian buddy would say "and it is not afraid." I wonder how he's doing..
Next is the practical skills: 90 back. Straight back. Offset backing once you pass those it's the driving course. Essentially you need to keep animatedly checking you're mirrors every 7 seconds and not cross any white lines or bump any curbs and stay at or 5 under the speed limit and you finish.
If it's just the permit you meander into the dmv say "I would like to take the cdl test and all the certs. Plz"
And then it's multiple choice questions

>safeway for heartlung
>lumps again.
I'm Givin a play by play of them to the dispatcher in the hopes of never being sent here again.
>it took 6 hours to go 200 miles.
Yeah I'm glad Im taking Saturday off.

You're not making much sense, the fuck is a SPEC? Where are you from?

That truck I posted as the OP pic is for sale. Place closed for the weekend but I'mma call the guy and get a price. Got an acquaintance who wants it.

This SPE Certificate must be pretty uncommon because almost no one I've asked about it has ever heard of it, but I can't legally drive interstate without it. I'm probably gonna get fucked.

That shit's for folks with serious disabilities, like missing an arm or leg or two. You fall into that category?

fmcsa.dot.gov/medical/driver-medical-requirements/skill-performance-evaluation-certificate-program

Gay pride sticker

Too many mongs who do this after you merge into the lane.

>gotta be in front of the truck at any cost

Kek

Also this.

post mutilated cock

>tfw truck doesn't have an airhorn

Fmcsa requires one audible warning device. Does your city horn work?

Yeah it has a shitty little car horn

"meep" meep"

Its in compliance with fmcsa. Youre good.

>Just realized i was posting without my handle.

Oh cool, the first result in Google. Never could've found that on my own. Thanks.

Bruh it literally spells out what you need and what you need to do and where to go to get and do these things, all right here on this page. Can you not into reading comprehension or something? Because being able to read, write, and speak English is a requirement for obtaining a CDL.

>Because being able to read, write, and speak English is a requirement for obtaining a CDL.

Tell that to the foreigners driving here in the U.S.

I offered to change the oil on a coworkers car once. Some lazy cunt musta used an impact on the plug, having no impact myself, I had to use a breaker bar.

Clearly you aren't loud or angry enough to get by so you will need to learn english.

> mfw I am literally the only one still here.
>4 hours and counting
Yeah. I think come July first I'm gonna take a leave and go get my hazmat. If this is how heartland is going to treat us.
>watched 3 heartland drivers roll in,drop and leave
Y-you too.

I'm both. Also 32 years a US citizen

Oh man.
I drive for Shaffer, the refrigerated division of Crete
>get a Crete load bcuz nofreight
>air conditioners to some warehouse
>load says hard appointment, 8pm on a saturday
>has a strange note about driver must tailgate load, need to arrange for lumpers in advance
>ask what's up with that, get told it's a drop, in fact can drop it early, no tailgating no lumpers
>roll in 10am saturday
>ghost town
>there's a call box at gate, no answer
>their phone number on load info has a recording saying they're only open 11am-3pm monday-friday
>wtf dispatch
>umm...try going back in 11am tomorrow
>u fukn srs
>you should get detention, they set the appointment
>fine truck needs a pm anyway and I need laundry, we got a terminal 20 miles away.
>roll back in 11am sunday
>ghost town
>dispatch pls
>yeah we can't get hold of anyone, we've faxed and emailed them a few times, I guess try again monday
>can I please just tcall this and get something else
>we got nothing else, that's why you have a dry load
>fug
>kill a day
>roll on 11am monday
>ghost tow-wait they're all driving in now
>so yea I got this load that blah blah
>weird dunno how you got that appoinment. Anyway dock 32 and you'll have to tailgate it.
>um..I was told this is a drop.
>nope.
>uh...lumper?
>you can bring one in if you want
>it's not palletized
>DISPATCH WHAT THE GOD DAMN HELL THIS SHIT IS IN THE LOAD COMMENTS FOR A REASON NEVERMIND THE FUCKED UP APPOINTMENT I AIN'T DRAGGING 44,000 LBS OF A/C UNITS BY HAND OUT OF MY TRAILER FIX THIS
>ok hold tight we'll let you know
>hours
>watch no less than six crete trucks roll in, drop, hook and leave.
>ask the receiver what's up with that
>they're set up for drops. You're a live unload.
>fuck. Fuck. FUCK.
>get a call
>ya this is ace towing you need some freight restacked or somethin?
>uh...sort of?
>guy shows up in a tow truck
>takes a bit to get him to understand
>he looks in my trailer
>no fukn way...
>i gotta get a few more guys on this
>calls made
>cont...

>8pm on a saturday
>no one there
Weekend appointments. Every. Fucking. Time.

Are you paid by the hour? I hope you're paid by the hour...

Forgot this

>Weekend/Night dispatch
>useless
Every. Fucking. Time

>two more tow trucks show up
>two more interesting attempts to explain the exact situation
>all three tow truck drivers incredulous the shipper won't just pull the shit off
>Another crete truck pulls in while we're in the office getting the three tow guys checked into the dock
>ya go to dock 28, we'll call when yer done
>uh..no tailgating for that guy?
>nope
>you'll just unload him them?
>yep
>and all those other crete drop trailers?
>ya that's what they're set up for
>and you can't just unload me?
>no and btw they'll have to be done tailgating by 3pm or you'll have leave and finish tomorrow
>it's 2:15
>seriously
>yep
>fuckit. Fuck everything.
>dispatch equally incredulous over all of this faggotry.
>they manage to hustle that shit off in 30 minutes, get my bills signed and out the gate at 3:15
>sign an invoice for the tow company. It was a 4 digit charge.
>get a shitload of detention and layover pay
>still left wondering
>What in the FUCK.

Naw, he's OTR and only gets paid when the truck is moving.

Dispatch fucked him over on purpose. They needed somebody to babysit the load over the weekend and all the other drivers refused it (probably because they'd already been burned) so they told ShafferAnon a bunch of BS (drop n hook, early ok, no freight, blah blah) to get him to take it without too much fuss and then blew him off after that.

Reading this made me feel better. Thanks. I've had 3 of these wtf runs in a row now. I'm positive it's them trying to get me to quit. Even my paint chip eating dispatcher can't be this stupid.
>we have a pre plan that has to pick up three hours ago and has to be in cali by tomorrow morning can you do it?
OK I stand corrected.

For what it's worth, while at the terminal I was talking to a lot of drivers, both crete and shaffer, bitching about lack of freight.
This was last summer btw.

Where you out of, Gordo? West coast?
I got friend working for a seemingly kickass company but they only work the midwest, and don't even go far enough south to hire me out of south texas.

Yeah I'm doing western 11 right now. Once I get around 40k I'm planning on moving back to Minnesota

Look up American Central (ACT) out of kansas city if you do.

Will do.
>mfw I'll never need soap again
I wish it was candy..or anything valuable Welp dumpster time

Helps to put the photo in dumbass..
Good fuck am I tired. This 19 hr bullshit is pissing me off..

Metal floor dry van? The fuck?

How do I properly adjust the seat in my 4wheeler? I want to be a trucker but my back seems to be going to shit and having awful posture in my car doesn't help. What position should the seat be in?

There's no hope for you if you can't figure out your own damn car.
Better eat a bullet.

They're not uncommon...

Thank you for your quality reply. Nothing better to do on a Friday night than shitpost? Maybe you should eat a bullet.

There's quite a few less zones to work with in a car but focus on lower back support
Lotta the places I go (insulation) prefer them to the wood flooring as the wood floors are more grippy and it rips he bottom product to shit during unloads

Hey Gordo, come over to Andrus and we'll treat you good, same western 11, mostly same shippers/receivers, and 7 of 10 good dispatchers.

Also, what's up with the GTI drop yard in Vegas, everyone up and left 2 weeks ago and now only trucks in there are Wasatch Oil

Heartland threw a fit on the lease moved everyone over by speedway I belive
I'll poke andrus when I get home too.

I guess Crete has enough customers that need to cleat or block loads that they just keep all their dry vans wood floored.

>Impact on the plug

My god what is this world coming to? I replaced my plug with a valve just to make it easier on myself.

Most likely, gordo's big ticket items are giant rolls of paper and insulation from the factory, the aluminum floor is like 1000lbs lighter so they can shove more product in as for the insulation they kinda extrude it into the truck so non stick is a plus.