Would an Audi S8 V10 make a good first car?

Would an Audi S8 V10 make a good first car?

My parents want me to get a big safe car, and I want something with a decent amount of power. From my perspective an S8 makes both of us happy. Plus I like the look of them.

Anyone who replies to this is an idiot.
S A G E D

Not a bad choice so long as you can deal with the fuel economy. Big and comfy and like you said truckloads of power.

Stay mad.

Are you rich? If so buy something new.
Are you not rich? Buy something that won't break.

That car is too complicated, get something simpler like a bmw 8 series. Those have a beautiful v12 and anyone can work on them if you can't find one, get an fd rx7. No pistons = easier engine to work on.

I don't think my parents would let me get an RX7 or 8 series.

In all seriousness, if you're looking for a reliable and fun sedan, I would suggest looking at the e39. The 530 and 540 are pretty cheap for what they are. M5 is taxed hard.

Also, the s8 has a lambo engine and will require maintenence costs that reflect that.

I don't see alot of them around anymore, guess they werent great. You should look for a nice A6 from back then. They're amazing.

>first car
>S8

You're gonna crash and die man. Don't do it.

But it's an Audi.

Yeah and a lambo driven audi isn't going to be fun. I hope this is bait, but if it's not, don't do it senpai

When I got my first car I was king with a 90bhp shitbox because all my friends had 75 bhp shitboxes.

>Hi guys, I'm 12, would a Lamborghini Reventon make for a good first car?

>the s8 has a lambo engine
no it doesnt

get a phaeton instead. Same car without the pretentiousness and douchebaggery of the audi badge.

in reality you should shut the fuck up and buy a civic.

>buying anything with a v10 for a first car
ISHYGDDT

not even the current lambos have the 5 liter lambo v10 irrc, the s8 uses the same block and heads, just different pistons and a pair of turbos

S8 is reliable desu.

>You're gonna crash and die man.

FINANCIALLY.

Get an Audi S6.

It's arguably a better car. It's not such a fat pig and it has the same engine and it looks better.

The S6 is the same size as the outgoing S8 of the time so it's already a big enough car.

Get one.

>pretentiousness and douchebaggery of the audi badge.
Poorfag detected

>pretentiousness and douchebaggery
>hurr everything thats more expensive then a civic is pretentious ...

>Not getting the W12

I laughed

I can think of worse choices. Go for it, user. It'll be cool.

>rebadged VWs for Arabs aren't pretentious

>for arabs
Racist

This pasta again?

>implying ragheads don't love Audis

look at this OP

this is what you should buy

Any car is a good first car.

That's not really racist but he's retarded anyway.

>My parents want me to get a big safe car
Please tell us what your parents drive.

buying a used luxury car is a bad idea.
buying a used luxury car with a special snowflake engine is insane.

There's never been a cool Volvo.

This is my post and I think it is still the best advice in this thread.

450hp for a first car is like riding an hayabusa as a first bike...

Unless your parents agree to pay repair costs on a Lamborghini V10, I would stay the fuck away. They might pay now but once you get to university or graduate and youre stuck with a 13 year old V10 Audi you'll be crying.

Ya. Im the guy that suggested the S6 but honestly what's wrong with an S4??

420hp V8. Like what more you want? Or get the next gen with the twin turbo v6. That's better I bet.

>There's never been a cool Volvo.

but this is wrong