/indie/ Indie and Obscure Games General

Autumn Colors Edition

Last Thread: >What the fuck is this
/indie/ is the general for all indie games, such as LISA, Yume Nikki, OFF, Middens, Underrail, Machinarium, DashBored, Braid, Limbo, Axiom Verge, Guacamelee, The Desolate Hope, Burrito Galaxy,Cookie Clicker, Stardew Valley, etc. as well as other games that just don't fit in any other general such as Atelier, Rayman, Rise Of Nations, and Valkyria Chronicles.

Mobile or consoles, flash or unity, freeware or early access. This place is a home for the indie game community and indie and obscure games that don't have a home. So be free to talk and share all your hidden gems, forgotten games and starving devs here.

>Can I talk about games that already have a general?
We mostly discuss games that are not popular enough for their own threads (since they have no other home in Veeky Forums), however, all indie games are allowed. So talk about them if you want, but don't overdo it since you already have other generals for that.

>How can I contribute?
All we need right now is people to talk about their loved indies, so don't be afraid to post, bump and reply your fellow anons. Also we're looking for anons to make new pastebins/wikis/images and update the ones already made. And please give lots of feel, love, kind and nice to everyone, except namefags. And be sure to make a new thread if nobody else does.

>Recommendations
pastebin.com/ZbG0JPSn

>Booru
indiegame.booru.org

>Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/indiegamesgeneral

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=g4gsscxjmqA
vice.com/read/magic-and-mushrooms-what-happens-when-video-games-take-drugs-seriously-830
steamcommunity.com/app/314710/discussions/0/351659704040494043/
twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/768852060976451584
vice.com/en_ca/read/the-making-of-indie-puzzle-game-hue-part-ii-curve-715
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Anyone know a release date for that game?

All I know for now is "this fall"

So how did that one guy get buddy to glitch into the air again?

youtube.com/watch?v=g4gsscxjmqA

Man I really played the wrong Lisa game (assuming I was only going to play one), didn't I?

The Joyful seems like an extra squirt of content for fans or something. I noticed the other ones actually use the inventory system...

Anyhow, does The Joyful actually have branching paths? The wiki seems to make it seem like it doesn't (aside from quick things at the end).

Here I thought I was being an edgy fag playing the genocide path... but I was just playing the game normally.

So what's indie playing, drawing, or making?

In one area, just by walking off the ledge.

In another area by jumping up an invisible/misplaced ledge.

Though I may have an outdated copy of the game

Wait did you play joyful before painful?

Making: Vampire of the Sands (pic related) Just yesterday added a special deadly kickback effect to maces since they were largely useless (and every single other weapon had some sort of specialty)

Playing: Underrail (actually I just dropped it at Deep Caverns)

and Lisa (actually I finished it in one lonnnng sitting yesterday...)

Yep.

Still worth playing the other two? Or at least one of them?

Joyful is the epilog to painful. I'm genuinely curious on why you played joyful before painful since joyful's the DLC of painful? Also Painful's much longer and it's better. Also the first isn't that important but it's not bad and is pretty short. I hear the average play time is around an hour or two. But it's not like the other games and instead plays like a much smaller yume nikki.

Someone linked me the soundtrack to Joyful and I was digging it so I got the game without checking anything.

After a long ass time (and seeing mentions of the game here) I finally popped it open.

Well you really should play painful. Might have spoiled yourself though on some of painful's stuff though honestly.

making placeholder sprites for my game.

What's it about don't mind me asking?

This article about drugs in video games gives a lot of conversation for LISA.

vice.com/read/magic-and-mushrooms-what-happens-when-video-games-take-drugs-seriously-830

Threadly reminder Undertale is globalist propaganda.

Stardew Valley. Can't decide on a waifu.

oh dear

You should be able to engage in more than one relationship at the same time

Thanks, this is sorta interesting actually. Still I wonder what Ninja Tears is going to be like?

I'm very curious too. I wonder which game creation software Jorgenson is going to use?

But that's an orgy.

Sebastian is best boy.

If I had to guess he's probably going to go a similar route that he did with lisa and use RPG maker. I wonder if he'll add like ninja jumping and stuff like with the motorcycle jumps in lisa.

>But that's an orgy.
>But

Between the genderswapped bachelors and the original bachelorettes, I just don't know.

Genderswapped Alex is my favorite by looks alone, but the muscle head shtick is kinda lame. Harvey is pretty cute though...

But then again, I'm feeling that White Knight complex for Penny.

Just as he's about to get his life back together, a young man is "cursed" with the ability to transform into an animal and has to deal with his new life in the wake the world discovering the existence of supernatural creatures and developing unpredictable paranoia towards all things extraordinary.

He said he will never use that engine again tho he will probably use construct 2 or some shit because he dosent need to code

Wait when did he say that? I thought he used it since he's not really that big into code?

He should check out Multimedia Fusion 2. The ESA dev used it and thought it was phenomenal.

In his Twitter Dood in interviews he talks about watching tutorial on other engines and shit

Oooh ok, that makes sense. I wonder what engine he'll use then?

ESA?

>I'm feeling that White Knight complex for Penny.
Yes I ended up marrying her my first time playing. I forget who I was originally gunning for, but after seeing how miserable Penny was I just wanted to save her from her trailer trash existence.

Environmental Station Alpha, the canonical best Metroidvania of 2015.

Oh right. I should play that. I had no idea it was made with Multimedia Fusion 2. I assumed it was Game Maker or Untiy.

Sounds sorta interesting. What's the gameplay going to be like?

>when indie games ask the serious questions

Wollay tweeted twice this month, cube world update confirmed for soon.

What indie games ask the serious questions?

What's cube world and why are two tweets a big deal, he barely ever post anything?

Isn't that game like a really good choose your own adventure game?

It's more like an open word Dragon Warrior 3.

Probably the best place to ask for specific games, searching on steam never finds this kinda stuff.

Been kinda looking for some replacements for old favorites of Nintendo games.

>Games like pokemon
Played Siralim, decent, anything else? I can't find anything indie but shitty phone games for games with monster training/taming.

>Games like Chrono Trigger
Really just looking for any game with decent art styled like a snes J-rpg with good characters, specifically with a cast who is eclectic.

>Games like Banjo Kazooie
or any of those third person platformer collectathons

>Games like Zelda
Top down or Third Person. There seems to be a serious lack of third person adventure games in the indie development. I guess cameras are a pain in the ass lol.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

>Games like Zelda
Anodyne
Evoland
Ittle Dew
Oceanhorn
Hyper Light Drifter
I would like to know if there are more games like this, too.

Reminds me of this.
steamcommunity.com/app/314710/discussions/0/351659704040494043/

>Megaman
>Mighty Number Nine
I think he means shovel knight.

Mystery dungeon-esque indie game where you beat up demonic creatures and eat their flesh to increase your stats. Also, you are the little girl.

ALRIGHT TIME TO DO THIS

>dead indie game general
>doesn't know the example everyone uses when a game is a scam

Daily reminder that fucking up due to mismanagement means you're a scammer.

was gonna say, lol.

but that is a great list. This is kind of exactly what i was looking for. I used to really love Nintendo games, but they have kinda failed to keep up with my desires as a gamer. So i feel like replacing their games with indie titles is appropriate.

>Games like Banjo Kazooie or any of those third person platformer collectathons
I miss good 3rd person platformers.
I've been replaying Psychonauts.
Also Yooka-Laylee and A Hat in Time is coming out sometime, so theres that to look forward to.

I recently watched a 6 minute vid of gameplay for Yooka Laylee. I am pretty thrilled for it.

I have a friend who complained that "it seems too much like banjo kazooie/tooie" and yet openly supports games like pokemon replying to my criticisms of the series' stagnation with "If you change too much it won't be pokemon anymore" He is a foolish man.

You had me at mystery dungeon. When are you going to make it?

Can you customize the little girl?

Bump

Thats why I support euthanasia

It comes down to people being dramatic. A dev team turning out to be league of mustache-twirling conspirators is more exciting than a bunch of buffoons

bump 761

What are you playing nigger

artifact adv

Is Lady Sia obscure enough? Any one played it?
Its hard as diamonds but the graphics are gorgeous.

The developers made some shovelware to start off then made this game but their distributor went bankrupt months before releasing the sequel and the devs sunk with them.

Cool.

Sure, what's so hard about it.

That cover art doesn't look gorgeous.
The sprites look great though, tell me more.

don't forget to get the anime mod

The real question though, is there a nude mod?

Most likely

>no checkpoint

>no manual saves

>no game start-up recap

Shit looks wonky (by current standards).

Pretty cool for GBA though.

>saves blow up after using them once

Git gud

this

bump

Literally thought that I was almost done the game but 33% at best

Jesus how much time did you put in up to that point and where can you buy this game?

bump

is realMyst indie?

About five hours.

It's on Steam

i want an anthro mod

twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/768852060976451584

>twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/768852060976451584
Good to see a rerelase of Noitu Love 2: Devolution

pls midson

>if you lose the computer blows up and kills your with shrapnel

Will it be a great puzzle game?

vice.com/en_ca/read/the-making-of-indie-puzzle-game-hue-part-ii-curve-715

Might be cool. I love a game that uses colour technically in its aesthetic.

What's this game called?

Artifact Adventure

What is it?

why

so

ded

/indie/?