What's your excuse for not waxing your car?

What's your excuse for not waxing your car?

Because that means i'd have to clay it too. Too much of a pain. I don't have a garage and it lives under a tree so it'll just get dirty again over night. Besides, it's a 15 year old civic.

It's a slightly lifted AWD truck on mud-terrain tires.

I wax it every second time I wash it.
It's a fucking pain tbqh. Never clayed it tho.

>he can't afford a buffer to cut the wax time from an hour to 20 minutes

Paints already fucked.

>wasting time polishing a turd

same

i dont have a house anymore and now i live at an apartment with street parking only

Wash&Wax. So, it's waxed whenever it's washed, then chamoised off.

>this sour

It's already ceramic coated

I waxed it last week.

The paint on my car is not that great and I heard waxing will accentuate the bad parts of the paint

but i waxed it yesterday because i was bored

id usually never do that. such a hassle and im lazy. also, i can barely tell the difference between taking it to the car wash on the special sale days where its only 5 bucks and washing by hand + drying by hand + meguiar's polish + wax

Don't fall for the meme.

My car has this wonderful thing called clear coat and therefore doesn't need that placebo.

my car doesnt get wet
its actually quite dusty

>he doesn't want to protect his clearcoat
>he doesn't want water to bead off his car
I bet you'd beat your wife if you had one.

Because I don't feel that I need to wax a Saturn ion

When I use the drive-up pressure washer quarter car wash thing, sometimes I set it on "wax" for shits and giggles.

No point in waxing rust, though.

are you able to wax matte/satin finishes? i heard that it'll get rid of the flat look.

I got paint protection. Best money i ever spent. 2 years later and i barely have to wash it because dirt just comes off with the pressure washer

Because I drive a white Pontiac

Why would you even bother washing that thing

>dumping time, money, and effort into my old shitbox
The only cleaning I ever do is spraying it down with a hose and vacuuming out the interior

Yea, it murders the matte finish.

the wax is worth more than my car

The only washes my car gets are in the rain and with the gas station sponge+squeegee when the windshield gets too hard to see through.

No point in giving a shit when no one else does.

>hurr mah shitbox is rusty why do I care lol
I wonder why your shitbox became rusty...oh right, because you're (or the previous owner is) too lazy to care for it.

Make it look good, even if you drive a fucking white Pontiac Sunfire.

Oh shit i know this feel.
I tried anyways. Did some detailing now colour is stronger. Cant say it was worth it though. Left side has multiple spots of no paint and primer.
Everywhere?
Depends on wax type, abrasive, and other factors. If the top coat is worn do the entire car in scratch repair cream, polish, then wax.

So I've got Meg Gold Clash wash, Mothers Claybar kit, and LolTurtlewax Hard Shell

But what's a good polish for fairly good condition paint? Will a polish be sufficient for most scratching and swirling?

Because my clear coat is flaking off in pieces bigger than your mom's flaps

NuPolish or Strata1000 or the 2000 version. But if ya wax it enough it'll fill in small scratches

Too much wax on make man tired; too much wax off make man blind.

Thanks user, saw some NuPolish at True Value today I'll get it tomorrow.

A little bit of clear-coat has come off on the edges of one of my fenders so I'd have to respray the whole car as the rest of the paint is 27 years old and a colour match would look fucking disgusting, there just isn't a point in maintaining shitty paint.

What 'meme', Ethan? The fact that my car stays cleaner and shinier for longer?
Or the 'meme' that wants me to spend hundreds on a mechanical aid that scratches the shit out of the paint?

It's covered in dents and scratches.

>this paint
>waxing

Ahahahahaha.

>Wash&Wax
It's like "Shampoo and Conditioner" combos. They never actually do very well as either product.