Monster Hunter General - /mhg/

Users with similar interests edition

>News
-capcom-unity.com/monster_hunter/blog/2016/07/28/monster-hunter-generations-2016-tour-kicks-off-in-toronto-on-aug-6th
-gematsu.com/2016/08/capcom-announces-tgs-2016-lineup
-siliconera.com/2016/05/16/capcom-new-monster-hunter-game-along-major-titles-planned/

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

mhgen.kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Passcode: 7243 / Search
In Generations, Objective: Gathering
In 4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, MHFU, MHO, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread

Is tama's penis the same color as his tongue?

Aganktor is so fuckinf cool, and he has one of the coolest armor sets in the series.

Maybe.

I recently only gotten to HR 3 so any damage skills I can stack on is welcomed

>charm farmed and made a set
>Negate poison
>Windproof Hi
>HG Earplugs
15 fire resist

All Raths are a joke now. Why are people still complaining about them when it's THIS easy?

If you were going to solo deviant narga all the way to lv10 what setup would you use to make it as quick and pain free as possible?

I'm sure it does more damage through sheer volume of attacks, if you have a proper opening for it. But you often don't.

However, you can fuck up Steve something awful with hack 'n' slash. I used to farm Apex Steve all the time by chain tripping him with it. Should be even better now that SA is back up to snuff.

Adept thunder DBs. Objectively the least painful way to solo all of Slverwind.

Is cool what kids these days use in place of complete shit?

>my stupid felyne kirin slut post is in this
Gets me every time

Kirin bolts? Should I stack thunder and element up with attack up? Go for crits and element crits?

hi /mhg/ I'm totally new to the series and was wondering if someone could point me in the direction of some good DB stuff to watch

I wanna see how actually good people play

cont. from , sorry for the late reply, had business to attend to
>If you have trouble following Narga, then you're just bad. It's as easy--easier--to follow than Tigrex, Shaggy, enraged Gore, Agnaktor, pretty much any monster.
I never indicated that I was having trouble keeping up with it at all; only that doing so wasn't fun and draws out the fight for longer than it needs. Every other monster you mentioned above largely stays in place if you're close enough to it, and can easily be punished after any move that results in a sizeable gap between it and you; you can punish a tigrex's charge, you can stun agnaktor or lavasioth by attacking them if they come out of the ground half submerged, you can knock over duramboros by getting in and hitting its legs when it starts spinning its tail. You can't do any real damage to a narga unless it's standing still after a particularly drawn out attack like a tail slam because it never stops jumping around. You don't have to worry about positioning or any sort of strategy since the process of fighting it consists mainly of running around and hitting it maybe once or twice unless it taunts.

>It's a well-designed fight that, yes, gets easy once you're good at it. Surprise!
It's a mind-numbing excercise in time wasting that demands no real skill on the part of the player since openings are few and its attacks aren't damaging enough to punish poor play. Tigrex is a monster that punishes poor positioning and inability to dodge but becomes easy to the point of triviality once you can recognise its openings and get good at dodging its attacks but for whatever reason you appear to dislike it.

>I'm bad at the game because I don't whine about moves being "fair" as if a single thing in the game is unfair or unpunishable outside of plesioth in water
Nice.

Still waiting on on an explanation for the image spam though

one slot

Sure, whatever you can manage. It's not too specific. Just go Adept thunder DBs and mess it up.

Here bro

>I can't play the game without other people telling me what's best
The difference in kill times is within a minute, maybe two for Hypers, but probably less than that overall because I played better on my Striker time trial than my Guild. Axe mode is fucking fantastic, and nowhere near as poor as people are making it out to be.

I used it with the frail shaggy IG, that goes into green sharpness quickly but has a fuckton of it, and the Dreadking set while farming that very Deviant.

Sure there's better shit for endgame but it helps here and there so it's not as useless as people make it out to be just more of an opportunistic skill.
Also not every HR monster demands Minds Eye with green sharpness, something that is often overlooked for the sake of "muh ultimate set needs to kill everything with muh main weapon!".

really makes you think

Just got my Dreadqueen set to 6 and max level Deathprize. Shit is a joke how much you para monsters.

So is mine. We'll live on in infamy, user.

I think tama is a very weel designed monster
It's unfortunate we did not get females as a subspecies

Maybe in 5

I will cum buckets if they reveal a male Gammoth.

But we've had female tamas since 3U.

have you ever masturbated with a showerhead /mhg/?

I think Tama is the weakest of the Elite Four.

I'd personally give that to gammoth
Good concept but pretty terrible execution

God, Gammoth is so boring. And everything is delayed attacks, my one weakness.

I fucking hate glavenus
lE EPIC bite man
every single attack has to be a bite and of course they all set you on fire too

Mine too
Zim Zam's "stance" mechanic always trips me up but I still think he's fun

Also part of why khezu is such an annoying fight

She's my favorite and even I won't argue. I just enjoy stompy giant monsters.

>carting to ezcabra

I'm gonna save edit in the Light Sword Cypher X and there's nothing you can do to stop me!

I just dont get it. I dont understamd how to fight this monster. No matter how i approach him, i eat damage. Dodge his punch? Get hit by his tail. Finally get an opening? He does his aoe and i get fucked.

No other monster gives me trouble, i rarely cart to even elder dragons. But brachy? Its a miracle if i dont cart two times. I mean even getting close to this fucker is hard enough as is since he always has slime bombs around him.

Gammoth could have been a bit better, I think part of her problem though is that they went too hard on the BIGHUEG MONSTER approach so everything it does is in slow motion and its too big to really fight comfortably due to the camera.

>Be adept
>Get fucked by delays
>Dodge instant shit on a dime
Help

I fucking love Glavenus, that said Astalos was the biggest surprise for me.

I fucking love Zamtrios. If there was one good part about 4U, it was (most?) of the new monsters.

I know that pain with Adept. I know it so well.

tfw dont know what to get for swaxe after farming lr narga armor

also can you guys post felyne pictures

thanks man

I slapped in "mhf 双剣" and I'm getting some pretty neat stuff, though I'm guessing most of what I'm seeing is from a different game

He's teaching you to box, you're just not seeing it.

Gammoth wasn't given enough effort for it's moveset, way too many of her attacks are stomps and garbage AoEs. The fight should have been more of a focus on it's trunk and how it tries to keep you close

Someone gave me this tip and it drastically improved my quality of life:

Dodge into him. Resist the urge to dodge away from his punches and dodge into his legs instead.

Thanks for quoting my post

wew

i've been fighting drilltusk with the hammer, and i've been going for the tail b/c the impacts have a long pause to them like i'm doing a lot of damage; but kiranico says it's a terrible damage point. what do i believe?

>play GL against Brachy
>what the fuck do I do
>start backhopping under his dick
>he can't do shit to me anymore

And that was when I learned to love the Brachy dick.

>2 disconnects in 3 hunts

I just want to hunt with you guys. Fuck.

wew indeed. Literally not Monster Hunter.

I think Kecha's meh and its sub is garbage, but other than that I agree.
I miss Nerscylla already.

lol git gud
No really just keep fight it, it's actually a pretty fair monster. I barely could beat that fucker the first few times but 3 years and 100+ Brachies later I can read it like an open book and rarely get hit if ever

help

I can't stop using aerial swaxe

>get blast blight as GL
>have to back hop 6 (six) times to get it off
>get hit while backhopping
>get blast blight again

I will never fight brachy with GL again.

I fucking love Kecha, for the same reason I love Chameleos: he's just a goofy motherfucker who wants to have some fun. All his animations are so lively. I feel so bad beating him up.

I had an addiction to aerial hammer for a while
Now I'm addicted to deathprize

but mainline monhun games had costumes too user, just not slutty ones

Barely. This is becoming a twice daily thing with MHO. Guess they can't keep China interested otherwise.

Chinese monhun needs korean female models and mainline armors, then i'm fucking sold and ready to die from playing a month straight.

I'm starting to think Recoil talismans don't exist, been doing charm runs 3-4 hours a day for a few days now and still haven't seen a single one. Are they only on one table?

inb4 reset to change table I have multiple times

Fair enough - I like Chameleos for the same reason, but Kecha is mostly just...there.
Except Ash Kecha, which is an annoying piece of shit who I cannot stand fighting.

I miss Mosswine Jerky. I have to eat fish instead and it's not the same.

Don't give up I have a bunch of them, just not the +4 OOO I actually need

Should I go with Grand Slasher or the Brisant Demolisher Switch Axe? Also what kind of armor sets go well with SA? Is it worth crafting the Hyper Brachy set to up my Blast?

YES, YOU. STOP SHOWING UP ON EXPEDITIONS WITH YOUR UNBREAKABLE FRONT HALF YOU LITTLE SHIT I AM TIRED OF STABBING YOU IN THE ASS

Zamtrios was shit, only the subspecies is passable.

>farming narga armor
>for some reason I need bear + remobra parts, and whatever a larionth is

they want you to eat the way of the nippon
not become so kind of dumb amerifat

You're shit.

I'm almost there. Almost have that feather.

Also, fuck this game for not giving me any check marks for not having the prowler quests done.

That's rude

laris are those girafee dinos

From what I can tell ... the silverwind armor set is pretty much made for SA.

The full set will give you the "Silverwind" Skill that grants you Evasion+2 & Crit Eye+3, it also gives you Evade up & Crit up.

And it doesn't cure bleed either if I recall correctly.

It was like a way better Gobul.

I just want an HD version user because 400x280 is an eyesore

One slot opened again

ID: 05-6694-3765-0646
Pass: usual

Turnaroos, get in here senpais.

Though its defenses are lower than most endgame armor sets, Silverwind is a natural fit if you can't play SA without EE.

Though WE is still nice and you could still fit it on with a great charm, energy charge does give you a shitload more extra affinity.

Just made some Yaki Udon with beef, it's ok.

What do you eat between hunting sessions, /mhg/?

beer

I can't wait to play MHGen in 1080p

Yeah but it was still garbage.

And I don't see how Gobul is related to Zamtrios to be frank, that's like mentioning how Zamtrios was so much better than Lao Shan

It cures bleed, but it doesn't heal back your red.

>but it doesn't heal back your red.
But that's the whole point of Gourmet Fish, is it not?

I just wished capcom would actually update their shitty models.

Even on 3U for wiiu the models are low-res and shitty.

>Slay 50vespoids

He's referring to sushifish, which does what he described. Gourmet fish heals red, sushifish cures bleed. They are, unfortunately, not one item anymore.

It is literally impossible to do Capture Quests as 4 in pubs.

Yeah frontier have different moveset, most notably the super demon mode and self sharpening combo modifier.

>like mentioning how Zamtrios was so much better than Lao Shan

It's not.

It is though.

Stuff.

That's like saying gerbils should be 3 feet long.

That makes no sense whatsoever.

Neither does what I did to your mom last night.

Not unlike your analogy.

Semen?

Reminder that a bite attack animation having a hurtbox on the monster's tail is OBJECTIVELY good design and not bullshit in any way.