Has Korea ever made a fast car? Like even one?

Has Korea ever made a fast car? Like even one?

Other urls found in this thread:

autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-cars/south-korean-supercar-ready
youtube.com/watch?v=JuMuZDjanBA
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Automotive_industry_in_North_Korea
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brilliance_Auto
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>inb4 Genesis fags
Shits slow yo

spirra?

I know some crazy Koreans have made some stupid fast Tiburons.

No

"Fast" is a relative term, so you'll have to define your parameters a bit more, you shitposting sperglord

>secretly cucktano

The Stellar and Sonata came with the 4g63. But I don't think they were fast..

autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-cars/south-korean-supercar-ready
define fast though, is that 0-60 terms? top speed? some stupid number running through a race track that Veeky Forumsutists get upset if it's .10 seconds slower than another car? fuck meng.

Let's say "fast" is as fast as, or faster than, the GTR in all possible performance metrics.

k

>fast is as fast does ms gump

>implying that was made in korea

>RWD 4g63

It must have been fun driving that car

>implying american cars are made in america

Listen, bucko, the thread literally says
>Has Korea ever made
For the statement to be true, Korea must have made it. The race car pictured there was built by and for a race team, the engine block and such are made in Korea but little else is. The engine was even built by whoever built the car (not Koreans)

I routinely drive my 4 cylinder Sonata over 70mph

daewoo their /k/ars are basicly F-15s

youtube.com/watch?v=JuMuZDjanBA
forgot the link

I heard the Corvette is supposed to be pretty fast.

this

Isn't the Veloster turbo Korean?

They're "fast" but still should qualify for something

>velosturd
>fast

The Hyundai Tiburon V6 was faster and better looking. The Veloster is just literal garbage.

A Genesis v6 coupe possibly, close to a 370Z but not as fast

PYENGHWA PRONTO GS, MARVEL OF GLORIOUS CREATION!

SYMBOL OF SUPERIORITY OF PEOPLES DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC OF KOREA!

WORLD GREATEST CAR, BUILT BY LOYAL KOREAN WORKER!

NEVER FAIL! DEPENDABLE, HONEST AND STRONG! IT SYMBOL OF DEAR LEADER!

JAPANESE DOGS CRY ON STREET CORNER WHEN THEY SEE PERFECT ENGINEERING OF PEOPLES REPUBLIC!

>>implying that was made in korea
A lot of korean stuff is stuff that was made in china but assembled in korea for the "made in korea" label. For example, since a lot of usa consumers are wary of "made in china" foodstuffs, some chinese manufacturers open up korean front companies. Those places then import all the components from china, do final assembly in korea, and voila, it has the made in korea label. They then export that product to the USA. A specific example of this is that Aloe flavor soft drink in the elongated square-sided greenish plastic bottle. It says made in korea, but 100% of it's ingredients other than the water (bottle and concentrate included) came from China. As for aloe flavor, it is not (since I grew up with aloe plants) but is an artificial "berry" flavor.

So, you might be hooning with 20% korean power and 80% chinese power in that car with the 20% being mostly the labor to assemble it and the 80% being mostly the chinese parts that were specified for chinese factories to make.

Chinese metal parts you always have to police. For example, stainless steel thermos bottles can have lead in their stainless steel which leeches into your hot coffee or cold drink kept in that thermos. Chinese steel works are where many places dispose of their trash metals after all. Other industry buy or trade in kind with the chinese bulk metal foundries to dispose of waste such as lead. Sure, toss it in, the americans won't know and the front company "brand" selling leaded stainless steel thermos-bottle-type flasks to wal-mart, sam's club, kroger, fred meyer will be gone by then.

>SYMBOL OF SUPERIORITY OF PEOPLES DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC OF KOREA!

North Korean cars have warranty service? Where would you go to claim warranty service? If you went to Kia or Hyundai I bet their employees would spit on your NKmobile.

While that car in is claimed to be a North Korean product, observers point out that it seems to actually be a re-badged south korean car. So the gov't wouldn't technically be lying if they said "Look at what we the people of Korea have made!" since the goal of north korea is to unify both koreas into one Korea.

North Korean Auto Industry:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Automotive_industry_in_North_Korea

I wonder how many USA BMW owners' get their BMW as chinese-made "semi knock offs" of BMW parts made by this chinese company.....
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brilliance_Auto

>Has Korea ever made a fast car?

What do you think? There's only really 3 car companies for passenger cars: GM Korea (formerly Daewoo), Hyundai, Kia. And many cars are made mostly of parts imported into the country. In fact, quite a few korean cars based their cars upon previously engineered foreign platforms and then built their changes up on that.

So if by "fast car" you mean an open release mass production model truly fast (for its time) open roads car (on the scale of the Ford 1966 mustang) then the answer is clearly NO. Car designs that were rebadged fiats, GM, or honda don't count. My answer is based only on korean-designed cars and not joint-cooperative ventures with foreign car companies to make similar copies of foreign cars.

>Has Korea ever made a fast car?
It's not a korean car if most of the parts are made in china. Half of each engine is chinese parts. You should say has china ever made a fast car. yes it has.

That's a great looking car, can you imagine that with the 170bhp? Kindve a joke

Not unlike this.

Idk what is considered fast but the fifth gen v6 sonata had a top speed of 152mph

>Genesis is slow
>It's faster than mustangs camaros and challangers

Really faggot

Does it matter?

Guy who bought an Accent for his first car here. Love how simple it is to work on but its boring and getting old and beat up.

Should I upgrade to a used Tiburon V6 or Genesis?

Genesis can actually back up its intentions somewhat. Pre-facelift models have build quality issues though, and the shifter and steering feel are pretty shit.

Tiburon just looks nice.

I actually work with the lube team at a lexus dealership and mostly want to get another hyundai for dem cheap parts, reliability (accent at least has been reliable as fuck, though the injector o-rings and intake manifold gasket need to be replaced. does this carry over to the other two?) and simple as fuck construction that even my dumb lube monkey brain can understand.

Would I be better off tracking down a manual IS or SC 300? Or would higher parts cost bite me in the ass