/hbg/ - Homebrew & Hacking General

"Moths and Piracy" Edition.

Previous thread /hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 9.2 (Downgrade: 10.7 - Homebrew: Browser/Menuhax up to 11.0)
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.60 (Userland)
PS4: 1.76 (Kernel)

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
Downgrade + a9lh: github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Vita: pastebin.com/v3caHHnp

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
-arm9loaderhax guide completely revised with fewer steps and less time involved.
-11.0 Browserhax & Menuhax are out now! smealum.github.io/3ds/
-Install Menuhax ASAP if you're not already on CFW, because Nintendo can block Browserhax remotely without a workaround. twitter.com/smealum/status/758450605568372736
-You STILL can't downgrade, use CFW or install .cia files from 11.0 without a hardmod or hacked system transfer. github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/DSiWare-Downgrade

>Wii U
-IOSU allegedly happening, update to 5.5.1 recommended. twitter.com/Mathew_Wi/status/766504663826870272
-Enter 104.236.072.203 under DNS Settings to block updates. twitter.com/NWPlayer123/status/766486134356529152

>Vita
-Update 3.61 patches HENkaku.
-Homebrew available on firmware 3.60. henkaku.xyz
-Downgrader in development. reddit.com/r/vitahacks/comments/4yi5bw/write_access_to_vs0_achevied_expect_a_downgrader/
-xyz making a write-up if KOTH challenge goes nowhere. blog.xyz.is/2016/webkit-360.html

>PS4
-HENkaku ported to PS4 firmware 3.55 github.com/Fire30/PS4-3.55-Code-Execution-PoC

Other urls found in this thread:

weaverdev.tumblr.com/
mega.nz/#!98sySb7C!lGJ2CdQClD_cTA6qOLPNUEOf8Gjl_WzafZnnsjfTo-k
github.com/Plailect/Guide_RedNAND/wiki/Part-1-(Homebrew)
youtube.com/watch?v=woOHOqVDnhs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

3ds nintendon't when?

Gunvolt 2 cia when?

>no mention of vita chink in OP

Details from the chink when

5 crysallis
September

>Vita piracy when?

We still are not 100% sure if chink is legit or a faggot, next OP should have it once we have solid evidence.

That's actually the right thing to do. Chingaloo rarely releases stuff himself, and him working on stuff usually relies upon him wanting to teach someone else - if no one wants to step up to learn, he stops really caring about it. Best to wait until it's confirmed that he's working with someone on it.

DS GAMES OFF SD WHEN?!

hey /hbg/ can someone spoonfeed me how to use ntr to use cheats for the VC Blue version?
I wanna use an Omanyte but don't wanna wait till cinnabar

Anyone have a working Kenka Bancho 6 cia? The game freezes on the Nintendo 3DS loading screen for me for whatever reason.

This will ACTUALLY happen Soon™

The weird thing here it's essentially already been done.
It's just stuck in shitty flashcard firmware.

GV2 just released in Japan, and my copy won't arrive until next week. I can at least play it until then.

That's one of the few games that can actually tell a system's been tampered with.

Sorry sempai, you'll actually have to buy that one on a non-modded 3ds.

Ah, gotcha. I thought you meant the english version.

We haven't been sure of anything with the vita scene, doesn't mean we can't report on it.

Seriously? I'm surprised not all newer games have anti-piracy measure implemented like that one.

>one of the few games
W... What other games are there?

Don't make this to me I NEED TO PLAY AZURE STRIKER GUNVOLT: STRIKER PACK ONCE IT COMES OUT

its bullshit.
he's probably having region-free shenanigans

Inb4 chinagloo is working with yiffaloo and they do the ultimate cockblock.

>W... What other games are there?

Sorry mothchan, I can't lie to you - I was just shit posting.

He just has a corrupted cia or a defective sd card.

Please don't do that again, user-kun.

Please don't say that.

So yes, please don't play Conception II

You don't do that.

So how's that Wii U IOSU comin?

I told him about it user. he wouldn't listen. he's a lost cause

5 hours still

it'll be out in 5 nevers

weaverdev.tumblr.com/

/hbg/'s official dev of the year

It was removed because it seems more and more likely we're being jerked around. Won't really become newsworthy again without further developments.

As if we'll have that.

>/agd/
hey, hes around the corner

>As if we'll have that.

Have a bit of faith, while still being prepared for the worst, user.

>tfw hacking is turning me into a casual

>restart FE fates on casual death since I'm tired of spending so much time restarting when someone dies
>play eEtrian Oddesy on casual because I dont feel like treking back/grinding when someone dies/i make a mistake
>start to play SMTIV on Prentice since demon negotiation was annoying me and the game moves faster with 100% escape rates

It's not even about wanting the games easier. I'm just playing so much I feel like anytime I have to redo progress/run into a set back I'm just wasting time I could playing something else.

The monkey's paw became real.

I do the same with FE, but I still try my hardest to keep it from happening. Playing EO on casual kind of removes a big aspect of it, though. Same with SMT4 and it isn't even particularly hard or annoying

I want to play every 3DS game available.

>tfw we all fell for the piracy meme
>our backlog is now so massive it feels overwhelming to play anything

>tfw staring at freeshop right now with no idea what to download

fucking this piracy for handhelds was a goddamn mistake

What (good) games can now be played on wiiu (that weren't available on vc) thanks to loadiine?

>I didn't win an Arceus code

KILL EVERYONE

>tfw I still want piracy on my Vita to happen tho.

I got a hacked fat PS2, a hacked Wii and my 3DS + R4i flashcart. Surely my Vita joining the fray wont hurt. It's my least used console.

So i'm hoping someone could help me with this. I want to downgrade from 11.0.0-33 to 9.2 with hardmod. In one step i need to gain acces to the home brew, will something like browsehax or menuhax work? Or i need something like cubic ninja?

Browserhax will work
but, uh
>hardmodding with that little knowledge

read the guide or even the second line in the 3ds news in the op

Im just testing the field, i prob wont downgrade right away. I've seen a couple of videos/tutorials just to grasp the concept.

I want to have sex with a 4.5 mset exploit rxTools 2.6 3ds owner.

I have one senpai

No more samefagging.

I'd fuck that.

Hey guys. I'm considering installing homebrew
Was just wondering...
Can I still use Pokebank?
Can I turn on/off homebrew?
Is there any negative to installing homebrew (aside form bricking your console if nintendo find out)

user, you need to read the guide, re-read the guide, re-re-read the guide, and then give up because you have no soldering experience.

Only two of 'em were me. Dog and Fifth Element.

Sorry I meant Browser/Menuhax not Homebrew

My 3ds (luma+a9lh) deleted my game icons and wont let me install cias. The games are still listed on the data manager
Any idead?

You cant brick your 3ds from browser/menuhacks. There is no downsides to using it and to get rid of it(for some wierd reason) you just have to change theme.

Any good 3dshit games come out after ZTD

give me the moth theme url pls

>Can I still use Pokebank?
Yes. You obviously still need to pay for the service.

>Can I turn on/off homebrew?
Yes-ish. You can just remove the homebrew and Luma folder from the SD Card if you really, really want to, but I can't imagine any reason for doing so. You can also completely remove a9lh if you so choose, but good luck getting it back.

>Is there any negative to installing homebrew (aside form bricking your console if nintendo find out)
Nintendo literally cannot find out whether or not you've homebrewed your device unless you physically send them the device for repair - and even then, the only things they do are either factory format it, or send it back saying they don't work on modded machines.

Nintendo also does NOT have the capability to brick your console - the absolute most they can do is ban you from using their servers, which just means no online play or downloading updates.

I found this moth.

Your SD card is corrupt. Time to get a new one.

Probably don't get a Shark or an SP one though.

>ZTD
>Good

KEK

1.04 patch for Tokyo Xanadu:
mega.nz/#!98sySb7C!lGJ2CdQClD_cTA6qOLPNUEOf8Gjl_WzafZnnsjfTo-k ,
extract the contents of the zip into ux0:app/PCSG00608.
It might show up on the game as version 1.00, but it actually is 1.04.
You can change the version in param.sfo to 1.04.

And an explanation or source?

You found MANY moths.

Apparently it's the thing the guy posted that was leaked, someone posted an image of the link on tieba

afaik all they do to your 3ds if there's not anything overtly suspicious is run normal manual system update.

Do you, uh...Xanadu?

Hell yeah mothfucker.

>explanation
It's a patch for a free game.

>source
mega.nz/#!98sySb7C!lGJ2CdQClD_cTA6qOLPNUEOf8Gjl_WzafZnnsjfTo-k

Not what I meant smart ass.

Don't need to be strung along by chinks.

Source is Chingaloo's special playground.

Holy shit, does this confirm it then?

Anyone got a vid link to install Menu/Browserhax and PKHex for 11.0? Would be 10/10 appreciative

It's still the same game, so it's possible still that he's on the TL team and had an originally unencrypted version

Hard to say, one user can't ask for a source or whatever without being pushed off his podium.

>don't get a shark
Fuck you nigger

Here's Browserhax/Menuhax

github.com/Plailect/Guide_RedNAND/wiki/Part-1-(Homebrew)

PKHex is something you'll want to go to /vp/ for, but you should just be able to download the files and toss them into the 3ds folder.

There are no videos worth watching for Browser/Menuhax, and there are literally no videos of PKHex.

nope read the op

ZTD was definitely shit, but I was just using it as a reference for time

I'm in Tokyo Japan for a few days fampai
I stopped by Akihabara and I found so many stores that sell old consoles, in pristine state.

I wanted to get one to homebrew and shit, but I have absolutely no idea which one and what will work on what.

Any advices, keep in mind that:

>JAPANESE CONSOLE (so probably NTSC and region locked)
>I want to play downloaded iso via some sort of external side load method (hdd, iso, usb)
>if possible, I want something that can emulate other consoles easily

To put it simple, what's the most soft moddable and homebrew retro console? That is jap and works on ntsc/pal without issues

Yeah. But good chance he might release something else in a couple days.

>I'm in Tokyo Japan for a few days fampai
From?

Your English is garbage.

Just get a wii?

It's a meme you dip, he helpful or kys

>retro console shop
>get a wii

>he helpful
Confirmed third worlder.

Not quite yet.
Anyways, care to be helpful for once in your lifetime?

style savvy

It'll do what you want better than anything there, probably.

Now you're trying to pointlessly articulate your sentences, why?

"Lifetime". "Life" would have been sufficient.

Is this actually good or is it a meme? What's the gameplay like?

Followed the instructions and the game no longer loads. Might not be legit.

>just using it as a reference for time

Oh. Well that's fair.

There's not a lot, but there's a few.

>BoxBoxBoy!
>7th Dragon III Code: VFD
>Monster Hunter Generations
>Gotta Protectors
>Style Savvy: Fasion Forward

You're gonna have to wait till next month when we get the heavy hitters.
>Spirit of Justice
>DQ VII
>Shin Megami Tensei IV: Apocalypse
>Azure Striker Gunvolt 2

retro console? Ask /vr/. What do ypu mean by homebrew anyway?

>I want to play downloaded iso via some sort of external side load method (hdd, iso, usb)
Not happening for anything older than a ps2

What about SNES, N64? Man, I really wanted to take a console with me.

Hey guys I'm back from the vitahacks subreddit and praising Yifan Lu as the Xth coming of Christ.

Anything new in the scene devoid of source code?

It's a legit game, and it's way more fun than it has any right to be.

youtube.com/watch?v=woOHOqVDnhs

So I can just go to the title key site and scan the qr code in fbi? Nothing else needed? I've just finished the new guide