/twg/ - Total War General

Only Konrad missing for happy von Carstein family edition

>The Grim and the Grave
youtube.com/watch?v=1yI1LVCGNpc
store.steampowered.com/app/404013/

>Call of the Beastmen
store.steampowered.com/app/404012/
gamesdeal.com/total-war-warhammer-call-of-the-beastmen-dlc.html (Cheaper)

>Patch notes
wiki.totalwar.com/w/Total_War_WARHAMMER_Update_2

>FAQs & General Info
pastebin.com/gZ1T9VCN

>Steam Groups
steamcommunity.com/groups/totalwargeneral
steamcommunity.com/groups/twgmp

>Total War Warhammer Mods
twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?2191-Total-War-WARHAMMER-Modifications

>IS CALL OF THE BEASTMEN WORTH BUYING?
The Beastmen are a cool faction but the pack is a bit overpriced for what you get. There probably won't be a price drop for some time, so if you really like the Beastmen then go ahead, otherwise wait it out.

>OVERCASTING SPELLS
Double click a spell (it needs to be a boostable spell and you need to have enough magic in the magic pool) to overcast the spell
There's a 50% chance that the caster damages itself though!

>QUEST BATTLE TELEPORT
Select your lord (make sure not garrisoned or in a stance)
Select the quest battle (on the map or through quest log)
There's a button in the bottom right of the quest battle window that you can use to teleport for 5k gold (when the battle's finished you're automatically teleported back to your original position)

>GROUP ATTACK
Group units with ctrl + g
Select your group and right click the enemy
All your units move and automatically direct themselves to engage enemies they get close to while maintaining formation

Dead shitposting

FIRST FOR NEXT HISTORICAL TW FUCKING WHEN REEEE

Only one week left for new rollan chart!

When they announce it, you git.

when do they do that

that is a very handsome crow

Reposting how great the Empire would be with Vlad as Emperor

Vampires need lifeblood to sustain them. Cutting your hand and giving them a few drops isn't going to do shit.

It'd probably be closer to the Mayans offering up sacrifices during a big festival to appease the god king and his brood.

Why do I love Vlad so much?
It's pretty simple when I think about it.
Vlad isn't just the best character in the Warhammer world, he might just be the greatest character of all time.
Just imaging him riding through the swamps of Sylvania, the wind in his hair, his mighty steed below him.
As he rides through the World's Edge Mountains, the Lahmians swoon at his very scent.
They know how he smells, the essence of his smell is sold in Marienburg under the the name of "Carstein Orgasm."
The very nature of Vlad is mystery.
Could he be playing a deeper game than even his creator realizes?
The answer is yes, he has transcended such boundaries as the written world, and has free will to do whatever he sees fit.
However, Vlad is filled with such guile, such arcane craft that he does not even use these powers.
Why, you might ask? You will never know, for the mind of the Vlad is not one that is easily penetrated.
Vlad is such a force of nature in his realm that nothing can truly touch him, the only thing keeping him bound to the page at all is his will to exist within the preordained boundaries of his world.
Vlad is not only beyond the comprehension of us, he exists within a plane of true focus and beauty.
Observe his playful smile, his gorgeous and rippling biceps, his gallant nose, and most importantly, his eyes.
His eyes, like pools of saffron, provide the only glimpse into the true machinations of Vlad. Do not stare into them. Many good men have gone mad in the attempt.
Vlad is not just a character, a formless collection of words and images, he is himself is the binding that holds the Warhammer world together.
Without Vlad, the entire Warhammer world, the entire Games Workshop as we know it crumbles.
The Reik would stop flowing without Vlad, Athel Loren would become a desolate crater, and Norsca would melt without his frosty gaze.
These are just of a few of the reasons why I like Vlad so much.

Will historical TW ever have a place in /twg/ ever again

>tfw soon it will be how it was meant to be.

Of course. What do you want to talk about honey?

Wood Elves soon.

Unless they announce wwi, med3, empire2 or some east asian tw I couldn't care less

I think that depends on the game, if they fuck up the launch or make it a boring game without unit/faction diversity, /twg/ will forever be /twwg/

I want Vampire chan to be Vlad's best 2nd in command!

Make the Empire great again!
Vlad for Emperor!

Only if you name her Isabella to make Daddy Vladdy happy

>people getting all pissy about 'ANOTHER EUROPEAN TOTAL WAR' but I probably won't play it if it isn't european

soon!!

>ANOTHER EUROPEAN TOTAL WAR
I also only care about european tw's (except for something east asian that's not only Shogun 3), e.g. american civil war would be the most boring thing ever

Where is Isabella.

>tfw napoopan/empire 2
>tfw M3
>tfw pike and shot
I would even settle for a Victorian one

WE IZ GOBBOS

I'M THE BOSS BECAUSE I GOT ME SPELLS

""""""close"""""" victory

One of those and I'd surely go back to history although I'd still keep playing TWW

You forgot to mention that the Empire would also be better off because Vlad is many times more attractive than Karl.

I never could get into Rome 2, or bronze age shit in general

I wonder if AE will change my mind

>I never could get into Rome 2, or bronze age shit in general
This, I personally think that anything before medieval times is just boring.
Gimme knights, pike and shot or muskets and I'm happy

>when do they do that
When you stop asking and forget you wanted it.

Didn't someone find voice lines in the game that were supposed to be isabellas?

Okay quick someone tell me something cool about Austria, I picked them because I like the HRE but I'm already bored before I've done literally anything

WHOLE LOTTA INCEST

Yes, but who knows what CA originally planned to do with them

Why do you all hate Mannfred?

forgot screenshot

Mannlet*

For me I just go with the meme

Bald and foolish, talks to himself like a retard, is responsible for AOS etc.

Because he's an annoying, backstabbing, bald retard with delusions of grandeur.

I think reading about Napoleon before I read about the HRE really ruined the potential grandeur of the HRE for me

Its just a meme. He's undeniably the best LL in game and the rightful emperor.

He's the good guy ironically.

more like faggfred lol

nth for outdated schedules

I agree that civil war would be boring, unless it was just a bonus campaign to a victoria total war.

But I'd actually rather an 1812 than civil war. since i think that with the indian league and fighting all over the coast it'd be a more interesting setting than civil war.

At least post the full version

>pike und scheiss

yes?

Then why does everyone love reddit rats?

80 years war, 30 years war, English Civil War, England vs Spain/Portugal/Netherlands, France during early Absolutism

whats not to like, could have some of the greatest naval and land battles across the world including colonial conflicts in the Americas, Africa and India

It's a joke

>war so boring it drags for 80 years

wow.. it's even worse... than i... thought.... zzZzZZZZzzz....

uhh...ahh... nothing...

Will this be our "Bane?" ?

Anyway, i think its one of the most hilarious (and main reasons) i still come to TWG.

Fuck off soldat

You're in the club and this guy is trying to jump up to slap your 5'2 gf on the ass. What do you do?

Den Huansohn kaputtschlagen

>step on him
>get out the bug spray
>shoo him out
>get a cat to use him as a toy
>etc
>etc

punt him across the room. Then mock him

Hark brethren, here is our man, repeating once more his special plan, to tell us all again the tale, of his love for the short bald. male. A jester surely this man is, to repeat such a tale as this, over and again, we are all awed, I swear to this upon my God. In my mind’s eye I near almost see, the pallid ox-like frame of thee, lit only by a single stream, leaking from your computer’s screen. And you guffaw like the village fool, as you type in your thread, so cool, and attach to it a portrait framed, and password type as it is named. Or perhaps password you need not type, as so pathetic are your stripes, that you have paid away those dues, and need a picture only choose. And what a funny portrait too, that man whose height dwarves all, who makes you erupt with laughter now, as you spill your food upon the ground. But for the mess you worry not, as your mother with your toilet pot, will surely in the morning clean, and take away your filth obscene. Your mother, who in lonely nights, cries her heart out to see the sight, of her wasted, long since grown up son, whose skin ne’er sees the light of sun, as all he does is repeat his stale and oh so clever funny tale, till count of it is off the scale, of the tale of the short bald male. These nights she pictures what could have been, her inmost hopes, her now crushed dreams, of you achieving greatness wide, not chained to your PC inside. And with you now she cannot speak, tears of sadness stain her cheeks, as when you are not beating your meat, this tale is all that you repeat, How could your mother you so mistreat? Once in her eyes a boy so sweet, with golden hair and frame petite, now a lowly, petty, Mannfred NEET.

Call his dad so he can put him to sleep in his favorite snuggie, 8pm is far too late for this little fellow to be out.

aside from grave guards, horseknights and skeleton spearmen what other units do I really need on undead?
do I even need spearmen as graveguards are so strong?

Dunno how it's after the last update but how are Crypt Horrors atm?

>do I even need spearmen

nope

get vargheists and crypt horrors. OP units for VC as they destroy anything they come across.

fell bats are good anti range and anti cavalry charges. send them to attack a charging cavalry to stop the charge in its tracks.

Any good mods for Age of Charlemagne?
I keep reading that the unit rosters are paper thin and pretty shit

No. The DLC is essentially a shitty paid mod that people pretend to like in the hopes that CA makes ME3.

wew lad
I prefer attacking transports desu

why are chosen so goddamn strong?

Rome 2 water battles are the most fun thing about that game. A shame AE can't replicate them.

What's the difference between Rome 2 and Attila naval battles?

Just to be clear there was an actual navy that was almost the size of mine reinforcing them.
This looks a lot more pathetic than it is.

Ability to ram is one thing that comes to mind. You hold ALT and then right click while you have a ranged ship selected and it will ram the target. You can't do that in Attila. They won't even try to melee.

There's also almost no ramming ships in Attila. Only faction I can think of that gets em are the Ostrogoths and that could just be cause they are romaboos. They focused the ship combat as soldier-vs-soldier instead of ship-vs-ship.

roooolllllaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnn

>reddit rats
Seriously trying too hard.
Also fantasy nukes.

I know you can get rams as desert factions. They can get upgraded at the top of the tech tree.

But anyway, that's a sad point. I don't know what all they can do to modify ramming ships, but I assume it's not just a discrete property they can just copy and paste on to other ships.

I'll get right on that

How are the Picts?

skaven are shit.
The best thing about them is when they run into a dwarf line and get massacred by the bearded dorfs
or when grimgor kills them.

>arguing with yourself

Stupid fucking skaven and their stupid fucking moon nuking everything.

You're not going make me upset with your opinions, user.

Fun. Vanguard deployment and night battles on every army from the start.

Endgame units are good. Pictish soldiers with 110++ morale. Ollam Ri of Wisdom is OP - +15% research and +3 rank to all recruits.

Britain is rather boring and isolated. War doesn't happen much and you don't really have many choices where to expand to. It's usually France, which means dealing with the WRE and its billion doomstacks that never seem to leave France. There's lots of waiting since you have to convert everywhere since your religion is only found in northern Britain.

Overall I'd say the battles are fun but the campaign is quite dull.

I forgot how shit attila looked

Hmm. Are the other celt factions any better? I've been thinking of getting the dlc for the picts due to bran mak morn, but your description leaves me on the fence.

Does the ERE just completely shit on the Persians in FotE or am I in for a challenge?

If you ain't roman in fote, you ain't... Growin'? Bonin'? Fuck rhymes, don't worry persia sucks.

I mean they are basically the same with a different unique ability and troops. The fun of the faction relies on Britain. It's all down to you if you stay there or not. You could just horde up and move to France where there's much more action. I enjoyed the campaign, but would have more if I didn't stay in Britain for most of it. As soon as I invaded France, it was much more fun. Constant battles and actual challenge, instead of pressing the end turn button until something happened. Plus, Pictish Swordsmen and Axemen are awesome.

There's no challenge in fote.

just play WRE in Legendary then

Oh it's just geography. Okay, well in that case, fuck it, brits are going on holiday.

rolling for Desert Kingdoms

>picts

melee infantry, night battles, flooding the field with bodies

>caledonians

archers, archer generals, spears, ranged ambush tactics, anti-cavalry in general

>ebdanians

skirmishers with as much armor and attack as dedicated melee units, skirmisher cav, raiding shenanigans

Ebdanians are my favourite, but Caledonians are also pretty neat.

you were so close

Totallytary Fun (i.e. have fun or die) Idea:
Murrica Total War: 1492 - 1892

Injun Factions: Get friendly with the Whiteys for that sweet, sweet fire-water supply, reap, pillage and plunder other Whiteys / injuns for even more fire-water supply.

Whitey Factions: supply some Injuns with fire-water, exterminate other Injuns, exterminate other Whiteys and friendly Injuns, bring in ... extra labor ... & profit, for the greater glory of You ... ah, that is, King, Emporer, Country & anything else ...

Himyar? Ebdanians? Anteans? Please no Huns.

Asymmetrical TW is fun for a mini campaign, but would suck dick as a full game. The next historical TW will definitely be European, and most likely between M2 and Empire.

injuns are weak

nagash was weak too

MANNFRED WAS WEAK
DEMOTION FROM FACTION LEADER FUCKING WHEN

>yfw CA decides to be based for once and replaces Mannlet with Vlad if we choose him as our starting lord