Help me Veeky Forums. I got pulled over tonight...

Help me Veeky Forums. I got pulled over tonight. It was on a road I know is heavily watched by cops so I set my cruise at 60 in a 55. Cop ended up pulling me over and said I was going 85 in a 55. Also, the officer was from one town and pulled me over on a road that wasn't even near his jurisdiction. 2nd time he came to my window he said I was going 92. I took picture of where I was pulled over at and the time, hoping to get it let go bc he isn't in his city. What is going to happen to me

Run to canada senpai, long 2 toegay there. Once weed is legal in canada, smuggle it down to Mexico so the cartel can smuggle it in to US. Once you get enuff money buy a older buick lesabre saber. Roll cage the shut out of it and get ready for WRC. Come in at least 12 place. After the race you will be covered in dirt. At that point you will blend in with the native population. Jump the border, and get wellfair, and use that money to pay for the fines.

You license is likely going to be suspended, you will be hit with a large fine, and there is nothing you can do about it.

Cops word against yours, you lose every time.

>you lose every time
bull shit
get a lawyer explain to him what happened you ape how do you expect these boy racers to get you out of a legal infraction

I'm pretty sure they need a radar gun reading or something similar for the fine to hold up in court.

I'm assuming you would have to lawyer up and subpoena the dashcam footage or the radar reading. You can also subpoena his records showing the last time he calibrated the radar. I'm surw there are other 0eople that have been in this exact situation, Google that shit. Plus your state laws will determine what you can do as well

>speed limit 55
>know road is heavily patrolled
>speed limit 55
>set cruise at 60
>speed limit 55
>gets pulled over
>speed limit 55
>makes up bullshit about cops lying
>speed limit 55

stupid......the post

Beat the ticket. Make the bastard show up at court.

>road he knows heavily watched by cops
>sets cruise to 60 in a 55

If what you said is true, take it to court.

Unless the cop modified his radar gun to be able to enter false data. In that case, give up and kneel before your corrupt government.

>Go to court
>Plead not guilty
>Go to court again
>Cop won't show up
>Get out scot free or he won't be able to prove shit and you still get off
This is assuming you aren't a lying piece of shit and was actually going 60

You're wrong and please never give advice again. You could get someone in some serious trouble

How does it feel to be Austrailian?

You have to be 18 years or older to post on this site

When the speed is suspicious
ALWAYS ASK TO SEE THE CALIBRATION RECORD
When you know you fucked up
Any time you ever get pulled over for speeding
you could get lucky it and it be out of date. Also cops are REQUIRED to produce the record if asked, if they do not they are either retarded or hiding something. Either way record their name and badge number and request a supervisor.

LOL okay buddy. Cops are professional witnesses. Unless they are incredibly stupid, they do not put something in writing that will get thrown out in court.

Depending on the state, OP may face additional penalties or a license suspension for attempting to defend himself.

This is literally how it will go down in a CA court:

>Officer Dickhead: On blah blah blah I observed user going at 92 in a 55 mph speed zone. I confirmed this with radar. I have with me the calibration record for the unit and a speed zone survey of the road, both are recent.
>Judge: user, what evidence do you have to present?
>You: Your honor, he is lying, there has to be dashcam footage!
>Judge: officer, was your car equipped with a dashcam?
>Officer dickhead: No.
>Judge: user, do you have anything else to add?
>You: I looked at my speedometer and I know I wasn't going that fast!
>Judge: I find you guilty of the charges, I am increasing your fine to $600, and suspending your license for 30 days, please hand it to the bailiff on the way out.

An officer can estimate your speed by eye and write you a ticket for it with out verifying that speed with radar. The radar gun says whatever they want it to say, unless there is a dash cam there is no record of what it records. Radar guns are also susceptible to errors cased by geometry, it is completely up to the officer's discretion what number they believe is real. They are considered an expert at judging vehicle speed.

I have literately had my license suspended for fighting stupid shit like this because I was young, stupid, and listened to everybody on the internet that you have nothing to lose by going to court. It is completely stupid to fight when the deck is completely stacked against you.

Wow you really are stupid
The burden of proof is on the accuser
The cop can't just say "I saw him do it"
You are straight up making shit up and talking out your ass

Young and naive.

You sound like those niggers who gets in someone's face, threaten physical violence and when the other guy pushes you out of the way you yell "You can't put your hands on me nigga!"

you only get pulled over for going 5 over if the cop is a massive faggot

You sound like you have never left your mom's basement. Have you ever been to court over something like this? Didn't think so bitch.

Being this mad

If you wanted to fight the ticket, it's not that likely the cop will even show up. You'll win if they don't.

Do you live in some sort of shit hole country where the concept of burden of proof doesn't exist?

>Innocent until proven guilty

>Cop won't show up
>it's not that likely the cop will even show up

enough with this meme

They usually don't. They have nothing to gain from showing up so they often don't

Kek I beat a cop in traffic court, his word against mine

Sounds like you fucked up and you're just making shit up user. I beat a cop in court that paced me. The judge said that because the officer couldn't prove I was speeding that I was not guilty. It's entirely possible for OP to beat this in court of what he says is true.

I'm also from CA

This also turns a warning into a citation

>you only get pulled over for knowingly breaking the law if the cop is a massive faggot doing his job
Is Veeky Forums the stupidest board?
By speeding you are taking a calculated risk that you will be pulled over. It isn't that hard, fuck.

When you go to court (at least in CA) it goes like this
>officer gives his testimony
This part has to happen.
>you can ask questions
You can skip this part of you'd like. I'd ask why he pulled you over in what seems to be out of his jurisdiction and why he changed your accused speed like he did. Don't try to make statements or spin a narrative of any of that shit during this time. This might also be a good time to ask about the calibration records for the gun.
>you give your defense
You can also skip this if you'd like. During this I'd tell the judge about how you set your cruise control to the posted speed limit and how the officer pulled you over despite this. The picture evidence might help, and this is also the time to show it.

Good luck OP

Just get a lawyer. They can get you down enough to at least keep your license. You'll be paying out the ass, sure. But at least you can still drive.
Also, I drive the same car,(pic related) I have 3 speeding tickets and the worst I got out of any of them was improper equipment.
1st was 103 in a 70 (Officer dropped it to 90)
2nd was 71 in a 55(Officer dropped to 66)
3rd was 80 in a 65 (Dropped to 78)
Just get the best lawyer, you'll be okay.

I easily beat it by asking for the calibration record and using GPS data. But in your case a lawyer might be wise. Cops are corrupt, and will lie in court without any reprehensible consequences, the judge knows this and so does the lawyer.

>They usually don't. They have nothing to gain from showing up so they often don't
They almost always show up in my city. So that meme of "they dont show up" is false here. That is because the local police are aware of what issues make an officer not be able to show up at a specific time. The department switched to have officers dedicated mostly to traffic law enforcement unless they are assisting other officers or are needed to handle other calls like domestic disputes or real crimes (robbery, stabbing). The SUV type police often do the non-traffic crimes and the cruisers do most of the ticketing. That means they have a high likelyhood of being available almost any time as their scheduled on-call events are flexible. Thus, the only chance you have of our traffic cop not showing up at your court date is if he saw an axe murder in progress on the way to the courtroom thus forcing him to get out of the car to go stop it. Now he is stuck writing it up and misses the court appearance.

user has a court date for speeding 80MPH in 55MPH zone. Severe penalty range. user prays the cop won't show due to handling an axe murder. Please, axe murder today! Please, axe murder today! I don't want that cop to show!

Cop doesn't show. user gets out of his ticket.

user goes home. He's
not able to enter the house as
there are too many police cars outside.
His neighbors are watching and run to him,
they tell user his parents were killed by an
axe murderer.

>The cop can't just say "I saw him do it"

A: It is an infraction, the state does not care about respecting your rights nearly as much as they do in criminal proceedings.

B. The officer is considered an expert witness. They absolutely, positively can say "I estimated anons speed to be between 88-95mph" and have that be accepted as fact.

In fact this is the way it is supposed to go down. Radar/Laser is supposed to be for verification of the officer's speed estimation, not the other way around.

Look, I absolutely agree with you that this sounds fucked up. In my opinion it is fucked up. But it is the way things work. Deny reality at your peril.

You're fucking retarded, I went to court for a ticket that didn't use radar or lidar and I beat it, the cop can't just say I was speeding. He wasn't even eyeballing it, he paced me

That's because you had a LIBERAL judge that was on the people's side. If you had a hanging judge, you would have gotten the stereotypical result for daring the question either the judge or the officer.

That's why the choice of judge is a big deal in the big cases and sometimes there are big fights over whether or not the judge should recuse him/herself from the case in favor of a more neutral judge.

Go to court.
Make him produce records that you were going that fast.
Court rules in favor of him.
Sue the police station in appeal.
??
Get rich.

Then you got very lucky. All an officer needs to provide is a preponderance of evidence of your guilt, he does not need to prove it beyond a reasonable doubt.

Instead of calling me a retard look up the law and look up traffic court proceedings.

>Then you got very lucky. All an officer needs to provide is a preponderance of evidence of your guilt,

That is how it is in my area. Unlike a tussle between two civilians in court, in our courts, the police officer is sufficient as the sole witness for traffic infractions. Thus in a tussle between the police and private citizen in court, the officer wins. It is NOT required that there MUST be a radar gun report for speeding.

But judges let people go based upon how well they lie. I needed to see my sick mother to check on her. I have a doctor appointment for something that needed IMMEDIATE attention within the hour. Etc. Those excuses do work on judges.

>Once weed is legal in canada, smuggle it down to Mexico so the cartel can smuggle it in to US.

By then a lot more USA states will have legal recreational weed. A lot of USA states already allow medical marijuana and some prescription writers there are very easygoing about writing prescriptions. So, importing weed and selling it has lost a lot of the profit margin especially since the officially sold weed is of high quality and required inspection levels for purity (not cut with other green leaves), pesticides, herbicides, and THC content.

Two usa states have legalized recreational use. Of course, no drinking or weed when driving as that is DUI. Homeless crime rose up a lot when they could no longer make extra money from selling drugs for the established drug distributors. Prices dropped to as low as $4.20 per gram for the lower THC weed and $5 per gram for quite a few midrange varietals. The highest price per gram is $7 set by the major competitors so any higher price means you're getting ripped off for inspected correctly named weed not cut by junk. Legalizing weed surely decreased cost a lot AND increased the reliability, potency, safety, and quality a huge amount.