First Car

Mommy and daddy are buying me a first car.

Following their guidelines, I narrowed it down between the Lexus CT-200h F-SPORT and a Honda Accord V6 EX-L.

Both are around $30k (Accord $29k sticker, CT on special for $31k), and they said that I must get a car that's "economical and environmentally friendly". I'm not going to bitch about a free car, but I don't want something that's going to be extremely fucking boring. The CT handled well and took winding roads really well, but was extremely fucking anemic. The Accord felt like a boat, but had substantially more power behind it. The CT would also be a lot fucking cheaper to own.

I've test driven both, and while they weren't the most enjoyable of all the cars I've tested they were the only ones which fit all the parameters and my Liberal parents would be willing to buy.

We tried a Civic Si and a Fiesta ST, but my mother thought both were "too dangerous" and that she's "not buying a race car".

oh boy

A V6 Accord coupe with a manual trans would be nice as fuck. I really like the Lexus hatch styling too. Tough choice.

>and then he said "it's an automatic"

This fucking post is bait

Go look at a 2015 dodge charger sxt.
- Great interior
- super safe
- V6 power
- actually looks cool and wont look like a faggot
- slower than a honda accord V6, 5.8 vs. 6.3 seconds to 60 mph so that should win you some brownie points with mama
- nothing but good reviews
- gets 31 mpg

>civic SI
>five star safety rating
>hurr i'm not familiar with this and it looks cool, must be a gas guzzling race car made of paper

Tell your parents to go fuck themselves and walk out the door singing the national anthem

Then buy a beat up firebird, poke holes in the muffler, and drive by their house at 5 in the morning every monday.

>"it's fast, I SWEAR!!"

For a first car in the 30K budget I can recommend buying a Lotus Esprit Turbo, they are known to be sturdy and reliable, with easy to repair and cheap to maintain.

I recommend for it the automatic transmission, as it is especially known to be state of art even by today's standards, being more reliable and actually more fuel efficient than it's manual counterpart.

fiesta st. the ecoboost means it's environmentally friendly ;^)

>he bought a fwd vehicle

>He said he drives a miata
>So I asked him how big his boyfriends dick was!

1/10 b8

I'm pretty sure that the ecoboost was named as such for the explicit purpose of convincing people fun turbo engines are actually economical and safe. Use that to try and convince your normie parents that an ecoboost I4 is more eco friendly than a n/a V6 (which actually I think it is so checkmate atheists).

I've had this thread before, about 2-3 weeks ago. Wasn't that bad, Veeky Forums helped me narrow down my list of possibilities from 8 to this.

They're pretty different cars, both with their positives and negatives. From repeatedly test driving both...

>Lexus
>Comfier
>Less road noise
>Corners and handles better
>Interior was better
>Can easily be brought to the same price as the Accord because they're not popular
>cheaper to own and maintain
>Looks nicer (personally)
>slower
>batteries fail at 250k-300k miles

>Accord
>Faster
>Cheaper up-front
>Comes in manual (though I haven't found a dealership that carries one)
>Rides better
>Better rear seating room
>Interior felt cheap
>Steering felt a little less responsive/more numb
>Looks worse
>Covered in factory rice

No, I'm not baiting.

I'm wary of FCA, but 2 of my friends drive Chargers and they love them. That said, given how my folks approached the Fiesta ST and Civic Si, I wouldn't doubt they will approach the Charger similarly. I can try.

These are the same people that said they're afraid of me having my guns in the house because they said "you can get shot by an unloaded gun".

Lolno

I've tried with them, even showed that it gets good MPGs yet somehow they still think it's a race car. When it's just a fucking riced-up econobox.

I'm not baiting.

Part of me wishes I was.

>he doesn't have satellite radio

It doesn't matter what you're first car is. With the speed mentality you have, you're going to total it anyways. Just get full coverage OP. doesn't matter what you get now

simbly ebin :-DDDD

>"i bought a chevy"

I drive like an old person, and I'm extremely cautious and defensive.

I've been driving for nearly 5 years now, and I'm a better driver than my parents. My dad is an aggressive cunt who treats his car like shit, and my mom screams at people for every minor mistake. Last month she even go out of her car at a stoplight to yell at some old dude who cut her off.

In contrast, while I do enjoy going fast on the highway, I typically sit in the right lane and go the speed limit in residential areas.

>his car costs less than 100k

>he bought a fiat

Get the CT then. It'll compliment your vagina

>hybrids
>environmentally friendly

Your folks are definitely Liberals, m8. Are you looking to accept one of the two or do you want sneaky power in a nice looking wrapper? The IS200t is "economical" enough, RWD and turbo. If they ask, say it's for "better fuel economy" and compare it to something like the A3.

>this message was brought to you by Fiat

Get the Accord. More power, it's pretty comfy and it's not trying to be anything other than a sensible sedan. The CT has always struck me as incongruous, like the bmw 318. Shittiness of the 318 aside, a 4 cylinder BMW? Doesn't make sense to me, just like the super expensive econobox that the CT is. Theres a lot of CTs where I am, and they're all driven by old women who want to look "cool".... they look quite the opposite. it's just wrong.

I've always regarded it as a Prius for when you're too rich for a Toyota but want everyone to know that you're environmentally conscious and care about the fossil fuel crisis.

Lexus has more credentials with the ladies.

i.e it's a girls car

but so is the Honda

I'd go Lexus

I know it's nothing more than a slightly less ugly Prius with a slightly better interior. I don't pretend it's nothing more than that.

But ultimately it's not my money, and I'm not going to complain about a free car.

They're helicopter parents and turbo liberals. I pretty much wasn't allowed outside until I was a teenager, and they'd cover my ears or eyes during a violent TV/movie scene until I was 13.

By the time I was old enough to realize how much they were shielding me from the world, it was already too late. For reference, I walked into a Milsurp store for the first time in my life last week, and in the same day had Whataburger for the first time as well. Hell, when I was a kid they'd forcefully remove me from my friends if they were acting "too violent" or exposed me to violence. They'd shred any outdoors, car, or firearm magazines I'd buy with chore money.

I'll look at one. The IS 350 F-Sport was another we were looking at. A bit more expensive, but if I can push them into a compromise to get an IS I'll do it.

But I won't complain about a free car either way.

Given the choice, I would Choose a Honda Accord, but not the EX-L V6.
I'd choose the Accord Sport. It has the smaller 2.4L engine, but it's a K-series K24 engine. And you can have it with a stick and a decently fun suspension.

I got the i4 EX-L Coupe

Idk man, I want the V6 now.

Between the CT and the Accord, I would go Accord 100%. Go for the manual coupe if you can.

Why not the four cylinder? Get the EX with a 6-speed if you want to spend money. LX or Sport model if not.

Get free car.
Sell free car.
Buy diesel truck.
Itasha truck with Donald Trump.
Do a burnout while rolling coal in front of your parents.

Shut up and buy a civic for

This is the only option, user.

Walk into your honda dealer and tell them you want a Accord V6 EX-L coupe with manual. They should be able to source it for you

Buy an old muscle car that someone swapped an LS in.

>Heave steel for that protection
>Slower for your parents
>Whats more green than a vehicle that has already been made and using "recycled" parts? Its been on the earth for 40+ years, i think that means its more green than a new vehicle being made.

And surprisingly; my ex used to belong to the "Anti-green" family, or what i called them. She drove the vehicle that put out the least carbon. She drove and 80's bronco with a 351, Dad drove an H-2, Mom drove an H3T, and brother drove a 2500hd.

Your parents sound like douchebags.

Sorry your parents are douchebags.

Your parents suck dick.
Get the Lexus though.

Eco boost mustang. Tell them it's the slowest mustang, it's cheap, and very safe. Then wafted they've gotten it for you, sink 2-8k of your own earnings into it and make it hilariously fast and quick on a track.

If I were your parents, oh boy, you would drive a base model Fit/Yaris/Fiesta and if I heard any whining out of your little bitchy mouth, you wouldn't get anything at all, you'd either work for it yourself or you'd ride a bicycle/bus.

I got no advice for you. Be grateful for what they're giving you. Whatever it is.

Wait a minute. This fucking thread was here yesterday.

OP Stop fucking asking the same fuckign question. Reported for shitpost

believe it or not, not everyone is as poor as you

Yes, it was here yesterday because it was POSTED yesterday you dumb nigger.

I made a previous thread about 3 weeks ago, and that's it.

>We tried a Civic Si and a Fiesta ST, but my mother thought both were "too dangerous" and that she's "not buying a race car".

Little does she know the V6 Accord is capable of 13.50's with bolt-ons. It's all over YouTube.

I'm not complaining about getting a free car, I'm trying to get suggestions and expand the search parameters.

He didn't even complain though and he said he was lucky to be getting a free car. Are you just jealous? I'm jealous, I wish my parents had bought me a $30k car.

>capable of 13.50

who the fuck gets bolt-ons for their camry then drag races it.

that's slower than a stock fbody

The accord is faster than the fiesta and civic si. Your parents are retarded.

Accord is best. Get the coupe.

>Then buy a beat up firebird, poke holes in the muffler, and drive by their house at 5 in the morning every monday.