/aog/ - Attorney Online General

Actually having fun edition.
secretly Am I Retarded edition

>What is Attorney Online?
It's an virtual chatroom/courtroom mix we use to perform improv AA-like trials, Civil Cases, Logic Battles and more!
Come join us on our server, Attorney Online Vidya!

>The Main Reference Doc (contains downloads, rules, faqs and more):
docs.google.com/document/d/1ihsVxLVarPMPgGcU4W81CQyv3gPkLvS63GK7k0N78Qw/edit?pref=2&pli=1

>Gameplay footage?
Streams typically run in the evening, US time. You can also check out recordings of previous cases via guardlytheguard and lawfuldickish on twitch.

>Role Guides
ace-attorney-vidya.wikia.com/wiki/Guides

>Quickstart Guide
docs.google.com/document/d/1gwg1AVZPlPAFy3aWAW28e9lH1vjIk4d8jOt3mChoy74/edit#

Previous Case:

Other urls found in this thread:

twitch
youtube.com/watch?v=ndN1IAZzoa8
strawpoll.me/11078183
youtube.com/watch?v=BVxE1WpF4dY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

DEBESTE

What did Veeky Forums thought of the Proffessor Layton vs Ace Attorney's challenge game ?
I played it and think it was well made and balanced, though is might have been longer, it's one of the only bad point I saw. Also, im not gonna spoil there but just to make sure,
the last trial was a bit too long and got boring quickly.

I think this is the most appropriate place to post this since /v/ would just shitpost about the 3ds.

Fuck improvs
Fuck class trials
Fuck logic battles
Fuck civils
Fuck jury cases
Fuck killer deductions
Fuck mafia
Fuck ambidex
Fuck investigations
Fuck spyfall

When are we going to do the true savior of AO, blue's clues cases?

Think about it. Make AO great again.

Why haven't you built the case then?
If no one is going to do it...

I will build the case and I'll play as Missile.

kek thanks haha

Who is the cutest prosecutor and why is it M. Edgeworth?

AO isn't just about passing on your salt.
We can leave behind much more than just shitposting.
Through testimony, theories, rebuttals and verdicts... What we've witnessed, typed, felt... Anger, joy and sorrow... These are the things I will pass on. That's what I play for.
We need to pass the torch, and let our newfags read our messy and sad docs by their light.
We have all the magic of the digital age to do that with.
AOV may come to an end sometime, and new games may rule over our current players. Attorney Online may not be forever, but we still have the responsibility to leave what traces of cases we can.
Building the future and keeping the past alive are one and the same thing.

Nayuta is cuter.

>second witness was Kira
>he owned the last part of the corpse
>he's the real killer
>once his guilt is exposed, he gets all the corpse parts
>HIS STAND EVOLVES TO KILLER QUEEN CRIMSON
>IT JUST WORKS
>but it's too much to handle and Kira dies on the spot
>Dio, who was the lead prosecutor, sees this as a chance to get the corpse parts for himself
>fight between Jotaro and Dio ensues
>Jotaro, with the help of everyone else in the court, kills Dio
>But wait! Turns out Pucci never really died!
>He pretended to be dead
>He had stabbed himself with the arrow
>This combined with the corpse parts
>MADE IN HEAVEN REQUIEM
>PUCCI FUCKING RESETS THE UNIVERSE
>The case turns into a bread theft trial, where everyone is different people
>Judge gives Not Guilty to bread theft case

And the best part is
>this was all recorded

On a scale of 1-Tengan Turnabout Gurren Laggann how fun was this case?

Not on the level of TTGL but still really fun

>2nd time running an Investigations Case
>it works out well again
This shit is great.

>Nitekrew has ANOTHER successful Investigation case

My only issue is that it needs a bunch of unofficial backgrounds, which is kinda against the rules

So please put all those backgrounds in the suggestion doc

They will be, sadly our hands are tied until they get added officially.

Threadly reminder to eat, /aog/.
Eat at least once a day.
Remember to archive your cases on the Wiki archive.
Last but not least, remember to check the polls document every now and then.

>tfw I DON'T fuck everything up as Rival

bump

Post great doc screencaps

Several cases have been highlighted on twitch and are ready for viewing, including
>Turnabout Birds Flew
>Class Trial #5
>Crazy Noisy Bizarre Turnabout
>Turnabout Cop Shop (Investigations)
Also, my apologies for the fact that the first two are split up into multiple parts. The issue causing that should be fixed now

twitch v/lawfuldickish/profile/highlights

The port to youtube of all non-ported cases should begin sometime either today or tomorrow

As someone who was in both, TTGL was rough during the beginning/middle and then got really good near the end, while jojo was good all the way but had some rough patches like SIMON MEMING DURING STOPPED TIME and too many people talking at once.

Can't really compare them.

Come join a lewd jury case in area 1

It's a normal case now still with lewd

could use wit's and def's though

Jojo case uploaded to youtube for further archiving.

youtube.com/watch?v=ndN1IAZzoa8

Just needs to process.

ACE ATTORNEY SPIRIT OF JUSTICE DEMO IS OUT IN THE US AND EUROPE

>buy the trilogy and DD on eshop
>AJ isn't there
>that means 1, 2, 3, and 5 are there.
>no investigations either

They didn't include AJ for good reasons, it is an awful game, the only Ace Attorney that is a huge displeasure to play (other than the first case of course which is the best first case of the series).

No idea why Investigations is not there but I'm guessing they are waiting for a "trilogy"

[Minor SoJ name spoiler]

They are back at it again guys.

does that box have a happy face?

Anyone interested in trying out a new model of class trial later on today? My model focus on giving players more freedom and importance while also keeping some Ace Attorney elements since we are an Ace Attorney server and adding some actual DanganRonpa elements that were missing until now.

lol no

never heard of a challenge game, unless you are just talking about the game itself, in which case fuck you it was awesome.

>page 10

Is it in an actual area or is it crossover court?

[Case 1 of SoJ character spoiler]

I am doing it guys

I'd rather do it in crossover court to be able to use other DR assets but it's not like we can't do it in a normal area, the question is, why would we? That'd be like gimping ourselves...

Thank you user, I'm glad this will be archived for posterity

Yes please

Explain a bit further.

Do you have the template?

I will also be putting my own twitch broadcast to Youtube as well. In addition, I'm also going to work on a project to take the footage and make an actual edited version with the time between people talking cut down, and Jojo sound effects/music added in.

On that note, what sort of edits should I make for the "abridged" version of Crazy Noisy Bizarre Turnabout?
strawpoll.me/11078183

Definetely cut out Simon's shenanigans and Adachi trying to interrupt Pucci's universe reset

Spend more than 30 hours making an AO case. The case has my friends' names, inside jokes, and a plot that's relevant to our city. Drew most of the characters with my drawing tablet and Photoshop.
Show it to friends.

No-one even bothered playing it.

hold me Veeky Forums
i hate being this fucking autistic ;_;

Were they AO players?

You didn't just introduce them to AO with this, did you?

They know I like it. I told them I was making a game and asked if they liked to play it when it's finished. I didn't reveal what kind of game it was after it was completed.

It's alright lad, not everyone is as autistic as we are.

I've only told one of my buddies over the past eight months that I spend my days being a virtual lawyer

And that's because he plays AA.

Joseph is constantly the best JoJo, even in AO

Only a little bit longer before more Trucy.

The mass exodus from the Twitch Highlights to Youtube has begun. In a couple of hours (Earlier for shorter videos), the following excellent cases will now be available courtesy of your google overlords:
>Turnabout Cop Shop
>Crazy Noisy Bizarre Turnabout
>Turnabout by the Tracks (Parts 1-2)
>Class Trial #5 (Parts 1-3)
>Turnabout Birds Flew (Parts 1-4)
>Hatori Hanzo Turnabout Folded Over 1000 Times
>Turnabout Balls of Fury
>The Cereal Turnabout
>Turnabout Cult Classic
>Turnabout Cheetos (Parts 1-2 + Evil Manfred Judge Highlight)
>CRIME COURT
>Turnabout Murder in Japantown
>Turnabout Cheers
>Turnabout Disonarabu
>Turnabout Grand Thievery
>Turnabout Smooth Criminal
>Gyakuten Gakkō Saiban (Parts 1-2)
>The Ringside Turnabout
>Turnabout Newbusie
>Turnabout in Aisle 7
>A Turnabout by the Books

oh
i'll adapt myself
thanks

I don't have a template

DD is the worst of the worst fucking shite ever. It's lucky 3DS was it's releaseplatform.

Re-record it and cut out the interruptions, because the original is uploaded and if people want it instead of an "edited" one they can go to it.

Thanks for the effort.

Just beat case 1 of DD. Felt like an AO case. Not seeing the hate just yet, but there's probably 4 cases to go.

When do we ban Trick, Kekechi, Gato, Arizona and N for literally doing nothing for the server save for shitposting, waifuhogging and sperging out over DR?

DRfag detected.

>Area 1

>Trick
Literally is providing the best PLvPW footage for ripping possible and is doing some ripping of his own.
>Kekehi
Ripped orla, aura, and jixnie for us and is ripping scuttlebutt
>Gato
Ok yeah he doesnt do jack shit for us
>Arizona
Is literally DGS ripper. He ripped Vortex, and Crogery.
>N
I think he rips as well. Spritework too.

4/5 of those you listed do alot for server

>falling for the memes
Great Job, Payne.

>Turnabout Disonarabu

Is this the one where Ryu defended himself set during the samurai era?

Yes, and it's up RIGHT NOW youtube.com/watch?v=BVxE1WpF4dY

What I liked about this case is how Ryu managed to find a TIMELINES contradiction even though the case had no timelines because past setting

>starts off as lewd case
>witness 2 gets cucked by a random jump in
>everyone rolls with it
>prosecution indicts lead da
>lead da rolls with it
>case ends in a clusterfuck

still had fun

>Namefags
Explains everything.

Out of all of those, only cat fucker cases regularly.

Also the one that cases are better off without.

>confirmation bias

>N
>better case off without

Nigga, he was Ryu in Turnabout Veeky Forums and Wild West Turnabout, the second witness in TTGL and Jotaro in yesterday's Jojo case

I can only case maybe once a week because I have a two hour gap a case must begin in.

If I could case more regularly, I would.

Catfucker is Gato

down one post, m8.

Get in Area 3

Theft case almost done just need the evidence, would love if someone inserted their own evidence

I'm working in a class trial and here are the major changes I did:

- Characters are already previously established assuming there will be nine players;

- Each player is given their own document with in-depth details of what they did, what they investigated, and their personal thoughts on every single specific player;

- Each player is given their own truth bullets, which aren't shared by anyone else;

- More than nine players are acceptable, but they will be considered guests without any exclusive evidence or knowledge, however they can "inherit" the evidence/knowledge of other players that leave mid-trial;

- There will be nothing forcing players to talk about specific subjects; Players are encouraged to simply share the information they have and discuss until the truth is found;

- The game has a principle of absolute freedom meaning lying is allowed, albeit not advised;

The principle is that everyone's information and evidence complements each other, so it should in theory be easy to find the truth if they put everything together. However, the killer will have bad evidence to throw them off-track, and there could also be people involved that have second interests which would also throw everyone off, so they will have to be careful. Thoughts?

>- The game has a principle of absolute freedom meaning lying is allowed, albeit not advised;

I only have one word to say.

BADROK

I actually planned a soft mechanism against lying where essential pieces of information are shared between some players (never truth bullets though), and some players are also aware of what others investigated making it difficult to hide, but yes, if an important role wants to lie and mess up everything there is nothing I can do about this other than hope they don't.

the more you contribute, the more shitposters talk about you, so it makes sense.

>if an important role wants to lie and mess up everything there is nothing I can do about this other than hope they don't.

That's why lying was forbidden. I know it make it so player have less freedom, but the class trial with Badrok was a trainwreck because people could lie

People can lie and wall on normal AA trials too, there is nothing I can do about it if someone wants to be le epic troll. I have no reason whatsoever to limit people's freedom and force them to play a game they don't want to play, and I won't do that, this is one of the only Class Trial aspects I am 100% set on not changing.

Maybe you're right. I hope it could work user, because in paper your idea look like it have a tons of potential!

Thanks, and yes, I might be able to try this today

>There will be nothing forcing players to talk about specific subjects; Players are encouraged to simply share the information they have and discuss until the truth is found;
This is a mistake. Just warning you now.

Monokuma/GM is supposed to decide the topics, or ask a student to decide a topic. Straying from a singular topic will lead to a cluster fuck.

There is a list in the document with suggested topics that should be discussed, but it is completely optional and a mere guideline. Monokuma never told people what to discuss during DR class trials, they would do it on their own, I'm trying to keep the same style here.

I guess it's cool to experiment thing to see how we can improve a format.
Like a said before "it's with mistake that we learn". Like for class trial with Badrok, like for the class trial that i wrote yesterday. That's how we can improve.

If this new type of class trial fail but give some new interesting point ( I think that each player having their how schedules/truth bullet and investigation is a great idea) we can then sort out thing and mix some idea from both format, using some new idea.

A mistake shoudn't block us and say "Hey you know what? Fuck it desu, class trial/civil lawsuit/AAI investigation/jury/multiwitness etc... suck and we don't need them on AOV, let's just do classic trial" If everyone work together instead of shitposting each time a mistake is made, i'm sure we can have a lot of new and interesting forma that work smoothly

Bitch, did you even watch that class trial? It was a complete mess, they were all expecting red herrings out of the ass, makes me wonder if DR has a red herring every single trial.

>the class trial

There've been multiple class trials.
And I've participated in one of them and it wasn't bad.

Well yeah, i was here. i guess making it too simple so they could learn the basic wasn't a good idea

>makes me wonder if DR has a red herring every single trial.
Yes it does

As one of the participants, yes, it was too obvious that it was Gundam. Every single person's accounts were about him. All DR trials has a red herring, the rule of thumb is that the first suspect in a trial is never the real killer. The real killer is usually a silent person with double personality issues.

In the end, most people would have voted him, but it'd feel so empty and boring, that they decided to go with Komaeda rolling dice and trusting his luck since that was much more interesting.

The most recent one with the /drg/ kids.

Figured.

Case trial, anyone interested in trying go in-game