/edg/ & /scg/: Elite: Dangerous & Star Citizen General №24

Previous thread: Welcome to the merged generals of Elite: Dangerous and Star Citizen.

Gamescom info:
community.elitedangerous.com/eventseason16
heise.de/newsticker/bilderstrecke/bilderstrecke_3298445.html?back=3298273
gamestar.hu/gamescom/elite-dangerous-horizons-2-2-guardians-update-gamescom-2016-frissites-ujdonsagok-215519.html
youtube.com/user/FrontierDevelopments/videos

Gamescom info:
robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/15451-Gamescom-2016-Details
youtube.com/watch?v=Z-3YBuFI3iI

If it doesn't have a general, post it here; just don't get upset about sharing.
Above is a pastebin of games you can play while waiting for SC and E:D to become playable.

Other urls found in this thread:

robertsspaceindustries.com/media/vss5beargks2fr/source/JumpPoint_04-08_Aug-16_Grim-Realities.pdf
imperialnews.network/lis/
youtube.com/watch?v=efUx-ksBcQ4
youtube.com/watch?v=soBkDgsmGPU
youtu.be/kKO9h-gG4Qg
youtu.be/C1oF2C7iN_A
youtube.com/watch?v=w34fSnJNP-4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Spess P-38

Touching tank privates doesn't make me a pedo

second for Jump Point

robertsspaceindustries.com/media/vss5beargks2fr/source/JumpPoint_04-08_Aug-16_Grim-Realities.pdf

And for SC dog fighting tutorials

imperialnews.network/lis/

It does if the vehicle is feminine and cute like Chaffee-chan

Nth for people not understanding all turrets are as replacable as weapons are, so unmanned versions are a certainty if thats what you want

thicc and bubbly, yes pls

Still best.

OP from the past few threads here

Been tidying up the text but does anyone think it'd be a good idea to have an OP image like other generals do (for example /gsg/ ) that is used for every thread

We could have an introduction to each game, ship comparisons, guide to new players and screenshots from each.

No you dont get it I touched ALL of the tanks PRIVATE parts

Is this real?

Too bad that and the Star Wars rendition are kinda bad looking.

You could use that one image with the labeled ships of both factions. Edit the bottom right for greeting text or thread label. Don't thunk we really need it though, we just post ships and complain here.

yes

Probably later down the road but then these generals will split back up maybe? soooo, who knows really...

corvette chan a best

Unf

I would thicken the fuselage enough to put the gunner at the very end
either that or put another gunner on the belly, so you could have a complete rear cover

both factions = both games*

Just woke up, no coffee, brain is very slow.

Heck yeah.

Why is ti called corvette if it's just a skinnyfat cargo ship that pretends to be a fighter??

I want to breed with Aisling.

I kinda like the Stuka here but he drew way too much random techno lines on it.

But it's also a bit too much of a plane.

Constellation confirmed dad ship

>tfw still waiting on weather patch
How long until I can become a storm chaser in these games?

>spacestuka

yes pls

This is really confusing because it doesn't list which ships are from which game.

if you play one of the two games you recognize them

Can anyone dispel my nagging fear that no server on earth will handle the fidelity of this game in a large scale multiplayer environment?

I play SC but I mean why not have SC on bottom and ED on top instead of the Aurora and Mustang next to a Hull A and Sidewinder

>not being able to tell which ships are from which game

>Port Olisar: 20/32
there is more than one server with up to 32 people in each

It's easier to compare sizes this way
plus

They are using netcode bullshit that is going to use Google or Amazon server clusters. It's all way out of my depth.

They go into detail with it here
youtube.com/watch?v=efUx-ksBcQ4

>out-Rudel all opponents that think you are an easy target
>laugh in their faces as your artillery-rated lasers tear them apart

How do I "build" my Diamondback S for bounty hunting?

EVERY DAY UNTIL THEY GIVE US PODS

>implying that 32 players is large scale multiplayer

>forumdads will defend this

youtube.com/watch?v=soBkDgsmGPU

>Dive bombing capital ships with giant nuclear/fusion torpedos/bombs detonating deep within the hulls
>zip away looking back at a molten mass of light and metal debris

>do the free flight over the gamescon weekend
>get five dollar off coupon for aurora and mustang game packages.
sh-should I do it?

>Needing the permission of NEET weaboo autists on a Malaysian glass-blowing bulletinboard to buy a £30 game

the p-38 is, hands down, my most favorite design for any airplane ever.
you have no idea how much money I would give them if they made an actual ship like it.

I hated that. Much prefer SC's method. Though Infinity's is my favorite.

>tfw Roberts said he didn't want players loading their cargo with explosives to ram and explode bigger ships with them

Then the fucking Goons would just put explosives in tiny fighters and literally kamikaze in the hundreds

Just the fact that he doesnt want it doesnt mean nobody is going to.

As far as me, my friends and most of /b/ and SA are concerned, the skies will be aflame 24/7

Jihadi orgs when

Use this code

STAR-RFFW-VKCR

>I-its not a loading screen guys, we swear!

P-38J is my favorite WW2 fighter, F-4 Phantom is my favorite jet fighter.

>Just the fact that he doesnt want it doesnt mean nobody is going to.

Basically exactly what it means, user.

Not sure if you're aware of this, but he's actually got some level of power to dictate the rules of SC's universe.

>reading new jump point
>character design talk, female characters blah blah blah
>no mention of the facial capture technology

I hope they don't abandon that. I like the idea of using the webcam to use my facial expressions for my character. That's kinda cool.

It's fun to fly in most games too. It turns surprisingly well for how fast and big it is.

Fuck me you don't actually thing that whole "talk to NPCs by looking them in the eye, emote by having a facial expression" shit that we haven't heard about for YEARS, do you?

I totally forgot about that

>mfw this is not even far fetched

Why are Goons so autistic? Why are they so obsessed with looking "superior" (see sociopath).

>look at all the slowpokes

Sitting on a fucking rocket with guns is where it's at

Hopefully you mean the later variants that had a gun, right?

I'm not saying the F-4 was great, it's just incredibly aesrhetically pleasing to me. Especially dat tail.

>Used 10% of total fuel stores in the time it took to write that

as if dev rules ever stopped anyone.

Besides, he seems pretty clueless about how the game is actually played. Source: Watch him play it on livestreams. He strikes me as more of a theoretical mastermind than someone who actually delves into the dirty depths of gamplay, much less that of exploits.

Trolling in SC will be super easy

I guess that's part of it but there was mention a long time ago about using the webcam to capture your facial movements and have your characters face replicate them. So any expressions you make, talking syncing up with your lips etc makes your character look more alive and pat of you, I feel anyway.

sorry who are the goons?

they are basically /b/tards except from another board

>It turns surprisingly well for how fast and big it is.
That's because the double boom tail lets it have a fucking massive elevator. Rudders are super small by comparison so it can't do any kind of yaw maneuver.

But it's the sexiest piece of ass in the sky.

They're the proto /b/tards only more organized and autistic when it comes to video games.

Of course, then again, it's more about the aesthetics than the combat capability. Triumph of thrust over aerodynamics and all.

Any got fun space songs?

I have to say, I really do like the elevated tail so it can shit out fire.

Goons have a worker drone hive mentality that makes them strong and scary.

One Goon will sacrifice hours of his time no matter how mind numbing or minuscule for the collective in an autistic effort to grief.

>tfw the Komet gets a lot of shit from people because the poweplant was volatile
>tfw it was an aerodynamic masterpiece

Of course

youtu.be/kKO9h-gG4Qg

whereas everyone on Veeky Forums is an individualist bordering on the sociopathic.

SA is the soviet union to 4chans murrica

this or the SU-34 is what i hope 325A will be like after the update.

It's the dreamcast of airplanes. Ahead of its time

Trying to organize 4channers is like trying to heard cats. Everyone wants to be a special snowflake individual.

It's our greatest weakness. The fact that the Goon Collective could form an actual military or government while any organization we create would be a loose band of pirates, smugglers and anarchists says a lot.

what forum/subreddit are they from?

XLNT choice captain!

Not to mention all the shit you can carry with it. It's one of the few single seat aircraft of WW2 that is viable for CAS.

Yeah, but our warring bands would be more interesting.

>organized
>autistic
:^)

Why don't we make a Veeky Forums mercenary corporation now?

If we just accept this fact. As long as we have the same ulterior motive, to get lots of money and piss off forumdads

youtu.be/C1oF2C7iN_A

They're from the Something Awful forums. Veeky Forums before Veeky Forums existed.

They pay a fee to post on the forums and yes they have a superiority complex a mile long.

the P-38, and it's variants, are, to me, the perfect aircraft.

Star Citizen doesn't need more space planes, but if they had to add them, they could do worse than basing them off the Lightning.

youtube.com/watch?v=w34fSnJNP-4 have a spacey folk tale

>any organisation we create would be a loose band of pirates and misfits
You say that like it's a bad thing

Autism is order at it's purest form.

Holy shit I feel like im in a cartoon

Something Awful. Surprised it's still alive.

$10 to get in.

You could probably make a spaceship out of it that isn't a plane by just taking the design principles and handling characteristics.

That is make a tiny cockpit and weld two overcharged engines on the sides.

I feel a sudden urge to wear a tight, brightly colored jumpsuit

It is and it isn't. I'm not saying it's bad but it's not conducive to forming organized military ranks able to repel Goons.

Mercenary org is probably the best we could get out of this but even that would require organization and the idea that your loyalty is to the guy paying you. You couldn't just take sides because you like someone unless maybe they pay well.

It's still alive for the same reason WoW is.

Sunk cost fallacy

thats literally FDL

NMS hit harder than I thought.

Yeah but WoW was people spending loads over years. This is $10 and a bad internet 1.0 website.

ouch

i feel bad for the swarm of NMS players flooding into the other space games and finding them to be overwhelmingly much better than NMS even if they're bland trash just because of what a titanic spore-class disappointment NMS was