Camaro ss for 15k

$15,500 cash for Camaro SS (lol, automatic)

Seems like a good deal....almost TOO GOOD

Carfax is clean but it's been auctioned around the country half a dozen times

Should I go for it Veeky Forums ?

Not racing; it would be a DD

I assume 100K+ and a 2010?

I'd wait for an LS3 with less miles and just pay a little extra.

My car has been really reliable

>I assume 100K+ and a 2010?

Yes. About 115k mi; 2010

L99 obviously outputs less than LS3, but what's the difference other than active fuel management?

Does active fuel management actually work well on these? I do 90% highway driving for my daily commute.

---> >"Not racing; it would be a DD"

camarobump

Never buy a muscle car with high miles. Its a timebomb

>$15,500 cash for Camaro SS (lol, automatic)
>Seems like a good deal....almost TOO GOOD
It would be if it weren't for the fact that a civic would make you go faster + you would have the ability to turn without hitting guard rails

>"Not racing I just want to waste a ton of gas and have an ugly interior"
get a civic senpai

Really? I bought an old Trans Am with 210,000 miles for $1150. I drove it for three years and sold it for $1500.... never had to do any work to the engine or transmission, just swapped some spar plugs and the power steering pump

hmm

...but user, the sound of the camaro exhaust is 10x as cool. :>

i can tell youve never owned one

Why would you do that? You could put half that down and finance a newer better one.

Myself - and really the past three generations of my family - don't finance vehicles. Yes, yes, I have fine finances but I don't like the idea of having to pay every month on a vehicle.

I buy cars with cash

why does Veeky Forums jerk off to I4 so much?

Why is I4 so popular now?

V8 is neat

>why does Veeky Forums jerk off to I4 so much?
Its all they know how to work on

>I'm an idiot because my family has a long history of being idiots

cheap to mod cheap to repair, can make as much power as you need with a light car for fun in the twisties. I6 and V6 too.

v8 is not needed for most of the kind of driving people do here.

>saving money makes you an idiot
hmm

Because Veeky Forums takes fastestlaps.com as a car buying guide

Only seems like a bad idea OP because it's been auctioned around like a slut....just save for a few more months and get a nicer one. Not like they didn't make a ton of them.

higher displacement has major advantage on a track, so no not really.
a canyon/mountain/twisty road is nothing like a track. you need a lot of horsepower to have fun on a track, but you don't need hardly any to have fun on a road.

Look at KBB and completed WON auctions on ebay to gauge price. I don't think they have good resale value. Transformers is no longer cool, everyone knows you can't see out of them, they've improved a ton chassis and engine wise in the past 6 years. Mustangs and Challengers of the same year go for about $20k tops.

he said its going to be a DD
not a racing car

he clearly has no interest in tracking the car, so why would you try and benchrace and compare a civic?

i say go for it

>you would have the ability to turn without hitting guard rails
That's the worst argument you could have possibly used for a FWD car

>being proud of jewed the shit out of buying a car
>financing
>not calling it long term slave for jews

AFM is pretty much the only difference. There's kits to convert it to an LS3 for around $1200 installed. Purpose of the conversion is to allow for non AFM cams. That mileage and tendency to be auctioned often tells me it was a rental and should be avoided. 100k isn't that bad for these cars but they're new enough to where finding a low mileage shouldn't be hard at all. A friend of mine is looking into an 2010 SS with 20k miles in pristine condition selling for something like $20k.

Dealer quit replying to me and it's been taken off the site, so I think it's been sold to someone else.

Oh well. I have been looking for a car for over two years now, I can afford to look for another two if I have to do so...