Games that don't deserve their own general

This is a thread for those obscure/older games that /v/ once used to play and would like to play again in the near future. The list goes as follows (but not limited to):

-SubRosa
crypticsea.com/subrosa/

-Source/GoldSrc mods (Zombie Master, Dystopia, Sven Co-Op, etc.)

-Barotrauma
undertowgames.com/barotrauma/

-SWAT 4

-Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory
forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1210078

-Wurm Online/Unlimited
mega.nz/#!fQ8TQIBT!7O7JyO4xdcA-E31Hr6dELOXtwsnqelVKMQ_9vyBD2lw

Other urls found in this thread:

scmapdb.com/mappack:resident-evil-map-pack
steamcommunity.com/groups/plsfindgoodgame
pastebin.com/SLbw0jDE
strawpoll.me/11078798
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

dota 2 is better

Playing Sven Co-Op right now.

steam://connect/sven.is-fantabulo.us:27015/rage

is there a map I need to download before I join this?

FastDL is enabled, so no.

Bump. The map we are currently playing in Sven Co-Op is breakfree3, an obstacle-course like level that takes place on an air fortress.

scmapdb.com/mappack:resident-evil-map-pack

We will possibly try and play some of the Resident Evil maps, soon.

Any room in here paragon?

Anyone know how Wurm works on pings higher than 120?

It's not a fast paced game, up to 200 worked for me. Also adding the Steam Group for Wurm: steamcommunity.com/groups/plsfindgoodgame

joining right now

fuuuuuuck pumped for this

You're not alone.

yo i can't connect through here, have to do it manually
what'sthe name ofthe server?

I think it's /v/ideo games or something like that.

Copy the entire steam link and paste it into a new tab if you haven't tried that.

>Unknown Biological: "HA... HA... HA..."

Bumping, we are still playing Sven Co-Op, the link is above. A random coop map atm.

I will try to host Chaos Theory in a few hours, but that will be through Evolve or Gameranger, seeing as the game doesn't have any master server anymore.

Have fun!

The map killed all of us in one fell swoop

rip

Bump. People are still playing. Map was egypt before I disconnected.

Reminder to bump the thread if you leave whatever is currently being played or when you alt-tab for an extended period of time.

I'll probably change the formula of the general to something like "flavour of the week" or "flavour of the day", Sven Co-Op alone won't attract many people if it's going to be the only game in here.

Regarding what we'll be playing, should we do polls to see how many people are interested in a particular mod/game?

Bumpo

What other games would you guys want to play? maybe Doom Multiplayer?

Guys, I don't own Splinter Cell Chaos Theory on the PC... how can I make it work? should I pirate it and work the links given in the OP?

The game is on Steam for 10$, but if you're a poorfag then I'm guessing pirating it can work. We're going to have to use something like Evolve to connect anyways.

I'll probably have to pirate SWAT 4 myself.

Would love to play some Half Life 1 multiplayer.

Bump.

Are you still playing Sven Coop? What do I need to download to play?

I'm not sure if people are still in Sven Co-Op, since I left a while ago.

You don't need anything special to play, just connect to the server here The server is FastDL, it will automatically download things you need for a particular map if you don't have them so you can connect.

Bump.

OP here, bump. I will probably make a poll for the incoming week and we will go from there. This thread was a test to find out if there are enough interested people. So far it's a success, so we will continue. I have a lot of free time atm, so expect new threads daily/weekly.

Bump.

Neat.

pastebin.com/SLbw0jDE

This pastebin contains all the information needed for further threads.

strawpoll.me/11078798

Vote here for the games we'll play from 08.25-09.02

Will we only be playing older games or will new games also be an option in the future?

Right now we are going mainly by nostalgia and time-tested games. I don't want this to turn into an Overwatch thread. If you have any suggestions (ideally for games that run on slightly older machines, or even toasters; alternatively newer, but forgotten ones), you can post them here. The only requirement is: you need to provide a working link to an installer, or at least assure us that the game is obtainable, well... somewhere, preferrably for free.

Voted!

By the way, what do you guys think about playing games like Call Of Duty United Offensive? Wasnt that the best one with multiplayer on PC or something? (Right noe i cant quite remember wich one was exactly, just a cod set in ww2)

Any games going on right now?

Have you tried the Sven Co-Op link above? To tell you the truth, this is the first iteration of our project, and we'll start for real tommorow, so make sure to vote. OR, if you have hosting capabilities, you can host a server and others will jump in.

I'm all for United Offensive, I'll search for a working torrent/Mega link and add it to the pastebin/strawpoll.

I voted and I played Sven early today. Had fun at that little elevator level with obstacles, but so far the thing that annoys me from sven is how unsatisfying the weapons feel

You guys up for some barotrauma? I just dow loaded it. Been ages since the las time i played, has it changed much?

There's a lot of new features, a submarine editor, more detailed character models and environments. If you want to play Barotrauma in the upcoming week, then don't forget to vote in the strawpoll. So far SWAT 4 is leading with 2 votes.

>Making a general with that many games in the OP

Good luck with that. Enjoy your 2-3 players in each game.

Sincerely, the subrosa host.

P.S. I still have a small, multiplayer-only version of splinter cell chaos theory lying around somewhere. But the game has lighting issues that you have to install some fix for, it doesn't work well on windows 7 and presumably windows 10 because of that.

The only lightning issue is the mercenary flashlight, which is obsolete in majority of the maps. It works well on Windows 7 and 8 (personally tested).

Future threads will have one game chosen in the strawpoll, and near the end of the week we'll have another strawpoll and another game.

Don't be negative, man; read the pastebin and vote in the strawpoll, the links are above.

not op but why the negativity bro? Its worth a try to gather sone people to play some old . We should all work together to get to thithis goal

Also i used to have an standalone version too, but seems too much of a hassle if you ha e to go around screwinf with fixes

No the same lighting issue also removes static lighting in a lot of areas, so as a spy you will think you're in a dark area but for the person with fixed lighting you're standing in the center of a well lit room. Warehouse is the easiest one to notice that on, all the light coming through the windows is gone with the lighting issue.

OP here, SWAT 4 confirmed for working on Windows 7 and 8.

I'll test on a Windows 10 machine later tonight to see if anyone else who fell for it can play fine.

Great!! Is it easy to find a torrent? I dont think postting the link on here might be a good idea, i jist need to know of its easy to find them

It's in the pastebin.

Wonderful

Don't forget to vote in the strawpoll: www.strawpoll.me/11078798/

So what times will we be playing? Timezones will suck.

I don't know if we'll have a set time or not. I assume we'll just play whenever we feel like it throughout the week.

I can host most games that require dedicated servers.

So we should add Alien Vs Predator 2 and shit like that to the list of potential games.

any euros in here? Would like to play swat at some point. A mumble would be cool too

Bump.

I haven't played SWAT 4 in years. I only really remember it being good in gameplay and the third or fourth level being a little unnerving. What should I expect getting back into it later?

The kids from Veeky Forums team shooting and killing hostages.

Will do, for the time being let's wait for the poll results. I will wait until 9 AM EDT (which is 3 PM in my time zone), and then create a thread with a /fotw/ abbreviation (flavour of the week) and the name of the winning game (which will be SWAT 4, most likely). Sometime around Sunday evening I'll run a new poll with an updated games list, this time for 09.02-09.09.16

Remember: if you suggest a game, make sure that it's possible to find it for free somewhere on the Internet.

Dead general, probably because there isn't one specific game to discuss and instead everybody is just naming something.