/owg/ - Overwatch General

Will Junkrat still be the 2nd youngest human character in the game (?) Edition

Previous Thread: >Official Website
playoverwatch.com

>The Oversheet
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QgTenq3s-YesFgb-CPI6yIPpp4K9xot7LhTBo3Tm0Pk/edit#gid=1751764739/

>Wiki
overwatch.gamepedia.com/Overwatch_Wiki

>Convert source mouse sensitivity
jscalc.io/calc/djyxBymfcWCIgD4f

>OP Pastebin
pastebin.com/0HaMLiu7

>Stats and Leaderboards
masteroverwatch.com
overbuff.com/

>Competitive Info
gosugamers.net/overwatch
over.gg/

>Overwatch DPS Sheet
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1D4jOtaosiZoM2VA9IjRRPaiMbTTZtPrD1d8mK23DPa0

>shitty countdown for sombra who cares
amomentincrime.com/

Other urls found in this thread:

us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20748914910
youtube.com/watch?v=NvFX-G3PJwY
youtube.com/watch?v=NmJNSlN_OB4
discord.me/owg/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Post QTmaker.

Cutest and best pairing

First for mercy

Hana Song

Why are reapers lines referring to refrigerators?

Right, this is where I picked up the damn ingrate.

#KarlForOverwatch

Mercy/Genji

Frosted Butts

>5%

Fareeha!

How dead do you think this game really is?

Any cool apathetic asexual weebs want to be my friend and play with me?

It's a reference to an old NBA announcer; something about the game being cold and closed already, like "dang that team already won"

There's a YouTube clip of it somewhere

It's a quote on a commentary from a basketball game. It's an example of unfunny American humor.

what the fuck?

Fuck off weeb.

So I figured out the Overwatch storyline and Sombra's motives guys, listen up.

On the 23rd of August, Blizzard was hit by "Error 132", which shut down their servers. In the Overwatch timeline, the first Omnic Crisis happens 30 years into the future -- 132 years after the start of the First World War.

Both the first and second Omnic Crises bear some similarities to the first and second World Wars. The 30-year period between the two conflicts corresponds roughly to the 27-year period between the later stages of World War 1 in 1918, and World War 2 in 1945, the times at which casualties were at their heaviest.

Also, most of the conflict in World War 1 took place on the Western Front in and around Germany, which is where Eichenwalde, "The site of one of the most famous battles during the Omnic Crisis", is located. Conversely, the conflict in World War 2 was centred around the Soviet Eastern Front, and the Second Omnic Crisis is currently taking place in Russia.

The most well-known Omnic religion is that of the Shambali, based heavily on Buddhism and Hinduism. Both of these religions believe in a system of reincarnation and both of them use the swastika as a symbol (later appropriated by the Nazi Party).

My theory is that reincarnation exists in the Overwatch universe, with souls returning to the mortal plane after 132 years in some sort of spiritual purgatory. Once the Omnics advanced past a certain point, where their AI processes could support sentient life, they were inhabited by the reincarnated souls of those who died in World War 1.

The idea of reincarnation being a thing in the Overwatch universe seems less outlandish to me when you look at Zenyatta. His abilities (especially his Transcendence) are pretty crazy even within the game's futuristic setting, and aren't really explained in any of his lore, opening up the possibility of his powers being supernatural.

Mercy/soldier

Sadmaker

Roadhog: Can't have you dying on us, doc. Might need you to patch me up later.
Mercy: Ah, so that's it...wait, can't you heal yourself?
(Roadhog withdraws cooly)
Mercy: Hmph. Danke, Herr Mako.

>How dead do you think this game really is?
Not at all? I can get multiple balanced games against different opponents in Australia in the dead of the night on a weekday. I can't really say the same of any other FPS.

>meanwhile, on the blizzard forums
us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20748914910
There are people still sucking the Sombra D and complaining that we shouldn't still be hyped

HEIL HITLER

Fartmaker

Now, the fact that the Nazis used the Hindu and Buddhist Swastika as a symbol for their party suggests to me that they somehow knew about the reincarnation of human souls. This could also explain the high number of suicides by Nazi officials towards the end of the Second World War -- they knew that they would eventually be reborn.

This brings me to Sombra, whose name is Spanish for "Shadow". While Spanish is used in Dorado and many believe her to be Mexican, it's also the dominant language in Argentina, where many ex-Nazis fled after the second World War.

The number 23 shows up a lot in the Sombra ARG -- Blizzard was DDOSed on August the 23rd, and Sombra would be the 23rd Overwatch hero. The number 23 also shows up in Pharah's backstory comic, in reference to the God Program Anubis.

God Programs are sentient AI with the power to corrupt Omnics. When corrupted, Omnics' eyes turn red and they become violent. This happened in Pharah's comic and Bastion's lore video.

The God Programs appear to be the driving force behind both Omnic Crises, with their ability to corrupt Omnics and the omnium factories that produce them. It's not clear how yet, and my personal theory is that they do so by triggering Omnics' violent, subconscious memories from their past lives, which means they may be the key to accessing these memories. (The "secret" which Junkrat discovered in the abandoned Australian omnium could have something to do with this.)

I believe that Sombra is the descendant of one of the former Nazi officials who escaped to Argentina, and knows the truth about the afterlife in the Overwatch universe. Her aim is to hack into and reactivate the God Programs in order to create an army of Omnic neo-Nazis, restore Hitler's lost memories to his Omnic reincarnation, and usher in a new Fourth Reich.

This might be a difficult task though, considering that Hitler's reincarnation is currently wandering the forests of Eichenwalde.

What the hell?

Is that for real or are you having us on with an edit?

>see an enemy Mercy just standing there letting herself get hit
>imagine that they're playing that stupid healslut game

Why does he look 15 years old?

Bonus pic

Says the basement dweller.

Have I gone too far?
I typed in the match chat "switched to Sombra (was _____)."

Get out of my board

Ana/Soldier

Nanomachines, lad.

happened to me as well

Are you an idiot?
The Nazi chose the Swasdika because it was used by ancient Europeans...

>tease new hero for months
>hints that lead to no information on her at all
>finally a countdown to what could be a reveal
>it's another fucking countdown
If the clues led to information about her abilites or lore than it would be ok but getting shit like "you like games son? here's another" is stupid

more

Gambler or Riverboat?

>Overwatch Hitler is an Omnic Crisis veteran that got gassed by the bots when they tried to invade Germany
>used to be war buddies with Reinhardt so the guy has a huge blindspot for the would-be neo Nazi

dafuq

>People proudly showing off their ranks that's anything below Masters
Why the fuck did they reset the PTR ranks? This placement algorithm is fucking terrible

What am I looking for

KARLFOROVERWATCH NOOOWWWWW

7 players on a team

youtube.com/watch?v=NvFX-G3PJwY

Thoughts?

7 players on one team

Is it possible to destroy D.Va's mech before it explodes?

I just ulted and the mech vanished after 1 second.

No

A PRONOUNCED VAGINA

Shit nigger. They actually modeled it.

It was only like that at the endscreen though. it was a normal game with 6 players

Right then.

What do you guys think of 7 v 7?

Think it could work or would it throw the balance way off?

>Degenerate music.
>SFM.
END YOUR EXISTENCE.

>tfw no 5cp 8v8 map

how the fuck are you supposed to get the path is closed achi?

Then what happened?

Source?

Quick play should be 8vs8

Symmetra/Junkrat
Mercy/Genji
Lucio/D.Va

This.
I hate SFM, it's cancer.

At last post the comic version of him.
Anyone have the picture of him in a trench with 2 aks?

Oh, I want this to happen to me

What do you guys think of this recent thing?

youtube.com/watch?v=NmJNSlN_OB4

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

>be Mercy
>enemy Zarya and Rein chase after me
>Zarya retreats when seperated too far from their group
>Rein keeps the chase
>win 1v1 against Rein
Man Reinhardt is useless without his team. I was wanting to get better with him though, so does anyone here have any tips? Sticking woth your team seems like one.

Le forced animation unfunny western shit.

felt like they could have picked a better song

Has anyone made a gif of Reaper as Squidward flailing around in that Spongebob episode yet?

I think I need a gif or webm of Reaper doing that handsome Squidward twirl

Why do I like this idea?

is there a Veeky Forums overwatch group place to play together?

With the way it was animated, you could probably make your own version with whatever song you like with some light editing after you downloaded the video.

That stuff they pumped into him has to be good for something

what's better in the ptr:

Lucio + Zen, or Ludio + Mercy, or Lucio + Ana?

Ana x 76 is cute

>console

There's a discord that people can use to group up for games, and it's pretty active.

discord.me/owg/

Lucio zen still

Mercy isn't as bad as she once was but they're clearly superior still

>Symmetra/Junkrat
Where are you getting that one from? I understand the other two, but not that.

No they didn't. That's just the where her two legs met. It's super common to cheat in that area if you think the model has no reason to flash others (See: Lina in Dota2).

Why do you think he wears the mask?
He got a big ol babyface under that, thank you experimental super soldier roids.

Is Ana just straight useless?

How do you check what the updates for the PTR are

Anime sucks

I have it on both PS4 and my PC but I can't get this particular angle on my pc

Agreed.
Fuckers who throw away their culture should be hung.

You can almost see her bellybutton.

>Genji, Roadhog, McCree
>All notice him doing the ult
>Nobody stops him
Fucking QP.

A night in Cairo

Pharah buffs when?