forum.mechlivinglegends.net/index.php?topic=19022.0
forum.mechlivinglegends.net/index.php/topic,20422.0.html

Living Legends Server Stats (Use this to check if anyone is playing):
stats.spikx.net/mwll.html

The HAWKEN zombie marches on:
playhawken.com/

Heavy Gear Assault:
heavygear.com/

M.A.V. (Now with more Chromehound legal rights!)
bombdogstudios.com/index.php/blog/

MechWarrior Online:
mwomercs.com/

How to start MWO:
youtube.com/watch?v=imffSrJ4O7s

New Player's Guide to MWO (aka the Manual):
docs.google.com/presentation/d/1bmIEjECA6IbWRm92vmylZNv2QYVc5gXO7CT9jMITOrM/edit

Light up the Night:
mwomercs.com/night-gyr

Kong PodKast #25: Heavy Gear Stuff
kongkast.libsyn.com/kong-kast-25-gear-bays-black-market-and-pets-oh-my

MWO Mechlab:
mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab

MWO Heat Simulator:
keikun17.github.io/mwo_heat_simulator/

Kanajashi's Video Tutorials:
youtube.com/watch?v=RGPYOrhEFtg

Group Mumble Info:
kong.stepoff.com
port:7777

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=avKTcMRrHZI
mwomercs.com/news/2016/08/1618-hotfix-scheduled-for-25aug2016
youtu.be/fPnNy_zZsIk
youtu.be/_fjLJPr91Dk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

memes?

Posting in an 80s thread.

how can one man be so cucked
fucking pgi

>free.. Stalker?
>that's right, FREE Stalker!

>yfw PGI put the old assets inside the new assets, because the game wasn't minimally viable enough.

youtube.com/watch?v=avKTcMRrHZI

Known bug.
mwomercs.com/news/2016/08/1618-hotfix-scheduled-for-25aug2016

Such a thread won't be complete without the epitome of 31st century pinups.

enjoy the ams

Why?

FUG

How do I build tbr-s to be fun? Laservomit gets me rekt?

Just get gud

I mean there's dozens of decent timberwolf builds. Almost anything you can think of will work.

>CERPPC 15 heat, 15 draw
>still only effectively doing 10 damage even though with the new system there's absolutely no reason to nerf it down to dogshit anymore
lol how do you want your game famalam

JUST

Guys is MWO p2w?

>more highest skill tournament matches coming up.

Webm unrelated, but it's how I feel. I want off this ride, but I can't until it's over.

Should I grab deal the Marauder IIC?

Will it be a decent mech?

This was really dumb of them to put out a mech like that right when they decide to start testing a new game mechanic that could completely alter the meta. The bastards were at least smart enough to put the grab deal out FIRST before the PTS, that way at least some people would be locked into their eventual regret purchase. I foresee a few refunds regardless. I did grab deal, but suddenly with energy draw being fleshed out, I'm not sure anymore. It WAS going to be a decent mech, but again Paul is really stingy with quirks, and all future purchases will now hinge on this whole heat scale/energy draw fiasco.

Easy checklist for clan mechs worth buying in 2016.

>does it have multiple cockpit level ballistic hardpoints?
>is it 100 tons?
>400 engine cap?
>battlemech, as opposed to gimped omni?
>is it named 'kodiak?'

If all five come up as 'yes,' that's a good grab deal. If not, you're wasting your time, and will get assfucked by people who spend their money better than you.

in MWO is energy better than ballistics?

>does it have multiple cockpit level ballistic hardpoints?
>is it 100 tons?
>battlemech, as opposed to gimped omni?
WHEN

Pulse lasers dominated for a long time, but with the advent of robutts that let you boat massed UAC10s and AC5s, it was a bit different for a bit.

The new meme draw system will fuck over everything if they implement it.

It should be ok, but it's no bearbot.

Bearbot is Kodiak?

Yes, it is bear.

Are you for real?

>more ttk
Can it really improve things? Is it worth pursuing so much?

Remains to be seen. It's not like walking into a firing line won't still instantly turn assaults into mincemeat anyway. Large laser memes are still going to be chewing up robuts left and right. Peeking meta won't go anywhere, except now lights and mediums will be absurdly overpowered because heavies and assaults are alphacapped to the same numbers.

>lights powerful

If gauss really loses it's charge they will just get crippled the first time they peek out.

Somehow I forgot that. Maybe they changed it because they realized this would be a massive fucking problem and instant-fire gauss rifles would be the only counter.

They're fucking with actual gameplay fundamentals people have been playing by for 4 years. There's no way this shit will be embraced by the playerbase. A couple forumgolds sucking Paul's cock doesn't compare to all the star colonels who'll send them hatemail when they ruin established gameplay styles, builds, strats, and rules.

Also, literally no one has ever asked for this. This is something they did to please themselves, and no one else. It's gonna blow up in their face.

The Beta never ends.

To be fair the current system is a mess too. Especially assaults shouldn't go down as easily as they do in this game, their whole thing is being slow and heavily armored except the armored part doesn't even matter which just leaves them being slow. Compare something like a dire whale to a medium with fucked hitboxes torso twisting at 9000 rotational velodensity, damage that would easily core the whale will just slip and slide all over the place even if the hit detection doesn't just outright break.

>hit detection meme in 2016

I play at 200 ping and my hits always connect when they should.

I've seen ppcs phase directly through a legged jenner's CT multiple times in a row, and basically every time I play spl boats some fucked up shit happens. Around mediums never relax unless you can hit them with a shitton of instant non-laser damage.

It's so clearly visible with stuff like shitcrows and novas, sometimes it seems like they take no damage and sometimes they just instantly get popped side torsos.

It's still an alpha when it is constantly redefining basic gameplay features. Or otherwise basically admitting the game hasn't been balanced from the beginning to keep making fundamental changes.

Matt Plog designed Krakens never.

If there's one mech in the entire battletech universe I want in a mechwarrior game, it's this one. Especially the thought about piloting 3 in MWO makes me both hard and laugh.

Is there supposed to be a match tonight? and what time?

They all look stupid. Kraken should have never left the drawing board.

ded

>They all look stupid
4U

Five years and PGI still has not done shit, its been at perpetual beta stage since 2012. Every terrible thing ever thought up has come true, including the second heat bar meme.

Let it end,

Would it kill the devs if they categorized the pilot skills instead of dumping all IS and clan weapon skills into one box?

scrollable zoon to MMB fucking when?

Never.

>25.9mb update on steam
Wat is it

>It's still an alpha when it is constantly redefining basic gameplay features. Or otherwise basically admitting the game hasn't been balanced from the beginning to keep making fundamental changes.

Is this common in AAA F2P gaming? They talk about design pillars back in 2012/2013 but since it's a "living product" they can say and do anything they want all while taking our money.

>have tournament match.
>people told a week in advance.
>can't get 8.
>tfw you tried so hard and got so far, but in the end, it didn't even matter.

good

Theres actually people still playing the tourney in general?

Yeah, they're down to like 60 teams, or something. The clownshoes are expanding.

What? My zoom functions are bound to my scrollwheel, works great.

This is actually the best system.

The reviews are in.

Today's week in the highest skill tournament gets 6/8 kong lords.

ITS ZEON TIME

Hell no. You waste time and anger people if you suddenly knock down a core pillar of the game.

The original TRO design is using some sort of wonky Russian fizzics to maintain balance with the center of gravity all the way to the rear. It seems the leg design was supposed to work by the hip joints sliding back and forth laterally then the knees moving up and down to provide locomotion, with somehow the rear of the feet decoupled from the ankle and connected to the back of the knees.

bump

>when going to clown college has paid off

>paint me like one of your french girls

haruko add me on steam you fuck

panthers are not even ironically fun nor relevant.

pantherposting means nothing

There's really no good way to do skills. Separate clan and IS skills wouldn't help.

Having a skill tree that is just an xp grind is boring.

Having one that specializes in certain things pretty much forces people into one or two specializations and if they pick something else are probably suboptimal, and thus is the same thing as the bland one.

Frankly, the skill tree should just be thrown out.

>tfw solo PUGing

Somebody save me

I meant that the menu where you slap your EXP at them would be categorized instead of having one box with all of them in some kind of order. Now I have to check all of them to find that fucking CL ER PPC instead of just going to the PPC category.

That's easy. Stop playing shit games.

>There's really no good way to do skills.
You have EXP to unlock skills and each skill has a set value representing its rough worth. There is a fixed amount of "skill points" for each mech and the player can assign any mix of bought skills within the point limit. Cheap skills can be taken up to three times to optimize a design to the player's needs.

it's just you and your machine, having a skill tree in an fps is silly

>crossposting

Fuck off leddit

MWO isn't shit. It has its problems but it's fun when you play with fellow competent people.

>MWO isn't shit

Yeah sure.

Yes it is shite. As soon as battletech releases I will drop this hunk of shit.

Then you'll find that telling little robots to shoot each other is very different from shooting robots yourself. And then you'll be back.

No, I wont be. I like strategy more

>not nowing haf the gods who pay mwo ony do it or the roe pay
wow typing that out with a broen eyboard is harder than i thought

why are decas so ucing ugy i cant beieve i was excited or this shit why am i even here, uc you guys, uc mwo

Mutant epoch giga finale session in 10 hours

bump

When's marvel?

Mwo is ok, but the lack of good game modes is holding it back.

I'll probably just switch to heavy gear in a year or so.

youtu.be/fPnNy_zZsIk

It sounds good until you realize that 90% of people will take the exact same optimal skills selection, and all you ended up doing is punishing new players who didn't.

>As soon as battletech releases I will drop this hunk of shit.

youtu.be/_fjLJPr91Dk

>Kanajashi

>yfw PTS2 is actually good and forums filled with PPFLD-alpha-warrior tears

>yfw the meta will be lpl boats with good mounts because they squeezed IS LPLs into 3 at once anyway

>clan ERPPCs
>actually good

Not anymore, no.

Not unless you're a warhawk with quirks and 20+ heatsinks.

>yfw you have to wait 1.5s between volleys if you're a clan quad ppc boat
>15 power draw 15 heat for 10 damage
>minimal if any quirks
LOL

or Star Citizen

The problem is that good game modes also require good map makers and an intuitive understanding of the game. The maps have been hit or miss and it's hard to say that anyone there understands.

It's too bad because mech combat is very fun and with the right game modes you could have something more than just a niche game.

>yfw Paul is hellbent on making people circlestrafe each other with small lasers.

>t. shitter

The maps are totally fucked because they let mechs with high mounts have massive advantage all the time. So many chassis balance issues wouldn't exist if mount height wouldn't either cripple you or make you a god.