raxdiam.com/nmsse/
Ship and Multi-tool Seeds for Editor:
imgur.com/a/cKD1G
imgur.com/a/0AB7g
imgur.com/a/Xh820

Trainer (working up to v1.05):
nomansskymods.com/mods/no-mans-sky-trainer-25-by-fling/

How to get the Atlas pass:
eurogamer.net/articles/2016-08-12-no-mans-sky-atlas-pass-how-to-get-atlas-pass-v1-v2-v3

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/vL05xnwBdBQ?t=8m22s
imgur.com/a/YmK4E
pcgamer.com/concurrent-players-no-mans-sky/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I've been playing this game alot. Stolen, since the reviews have me very hesitant to spend money on it.

Now I am considering buy it because I see a lot of potential, even if it's in an unfinished state. I am just worried they might not ever *finish* it. I don't feel like waiting indefinitely to see if they're going to polish it, so it's a gamble. Meh.

So, I'd like to hear Veeky Forums's opinion on this game. Because when I first heard of it everyone were praising how it's going to have this ridiculous numbers of procedurally generated planets and I thought "What a dumb idea, this means there won't be any impact on anything or simulation because there's no computer on Earth that could do anything about this ridiculously-sized world"

Was I right? Everyone hates NMS now.

It's shit

Not everyone hates it. People tend to only complain on the internet. Reddit (god forbid) has a NMS discussion forum that is fucking rainbows for some reason. It's surreal. Not a single complaint. Just people sharing experiences and advice and having a good time.

The 'game' is not for everyone. And even the people that are excited about it, they admit it is missing a lot of core features. It is a fact that this game carries an ENORMOUS amount of potential. The question is will Hello Games see it through, or cut and run. How far will they go? That will ultimately decide if it's worth $60

Anyone that pre-ordered and got burned can go fuck themselves. Don't know how many times we have to tell you people not to pre-order, ever, anything. Don't blame Hello Games because you're retarded.

Also, let's mention this early in the thread - the GOG version is out on torrents with no DRM (because GOG). Try before you buy. I strongly recommend trying before you buy since it is such a unique experience and won't suit everyone.

Still, wouldn't it be better to let players generate maybe several systems worth of planets and do shit that matters on them?

Any actual benefit to justify locking everyone into the same seed?

You're talking about a different game, though. Like The Sims. In NMS, you're supposed to keep moving. Your ship is your only home. What's the point of having an entire galaxy at your disposal if you want to just make a single planet home?

So I would say they need to make a way to customize your ship - not planets. Bigger ships, fleets of ships, that you can take with you. That will no doubt be a DLC.

I will say the planets are so gorgeous and hashed out that staying and playing on them for a long time feels perfectly fine. I spent over 40 hours on my first planet, expanding my inventory, my ship's storage, my multi-tool, my language comprehension, etc. It was hard for me to leave my first planet. But once I got moving, I never looked back. Indeed, I can't even find the fucking planet anymore. It's easy to forget there's much more out there.

Holy fuck, these threads are as generic as the game itself.
The real problem is not missing features, but the lack of assets and asset classes.
Rather than just land/air/water for flora and fauna, there should be additional ones for specific planetary conditions.

And why the fuck is there no gravity variation.

The devs made enough money from this game to support themselves for years easily. They don't need more sales to justify being able to update the game. Just buy it when they update it enough that you feel that you would enjoy yourself playing it

There is no way different shapes of trees are more important than planet-side maps and a functional waypoint system. Countless other features that are missing. Don't get me started on space mapping. It's an exploration game, c'mon.

It doesn't matter how beautiful the world is if interacting with it is a pain in the ass. And the worlds are plenty beautiful as it is. Could they be better? Sure, what can't? But it's not a priority at all for this game.

because they ban anyone that bad mouths it

you think a place as popular as reddit has free speech?

even steam forums is better

I put it aside until some dlc/mods come out that make it worth spending time on. Playing doom now and loving it

It doesn't change the fact that millions of people are out there enjoying the game instead of shitposting on the forums. Most games get this same level of treatment when they're released. This isn't something specific to Hello Games.

Companies need to stop releasing unfinished games. For that to happen, STOP BUYING PRE-ORDERS AND EARLY ACCESS people! You are making this happen. Not the devs. They are just making money of your ignorance, which is their job.

Right now we have neither necessary quality of life features or interesting enough environments to keep playing.
I kept myself out of previews so I went into the game blind other than knowing it's exploration based, so I didn't even know things are missing that were supposed to be in.
What killed it for me is that 70 hours in I feel like I've seen every possible assent used in generation.

I didn't buy this game, it looked like shit from the start but I'm a picky gamer. This game would have to be as good as SWG for me to consider playing it.

Most of the people playing this game are ps4 users, for a PS4 game it's decent, for a PC game this thing is thrash

Man I'm still salty about this game.
This is the biggest regret I've ever had. I regret every cent I paid for this bundle of lies and false promises.

Yet I only have myself to blame, the warning signs were right there.

Why didn't you just refund after playing it for two hours and realizing your mistake?

Because, being the ultra retard that I am, I bought a cheaper key for it.

I agree, but why does it matter? Look at games like Fallout 4 and Witcher 3 that use the same assets over and over. But, who cares, because there's an actual game to be played.

And this is where NMS stumbles. The gameplay is so shallow that you are forced to focus on the surroundings, and those shortcomings become painfully obvious. But I've never seen anyone whining about Fallout 4s lack of different bushes and trees. It's more copy/paste than NMS will ever be.

No, NMS needs its gameplay built up. Or at least iron out all the terrible design choices in the existing gameplay. It would go a long way towards keeping us from jerking off to screenshots instead of playing the game.

>for a PC game this thing is thrash

The common complaint is simply that the ships are impossible to control. And they're correct. They say you have to use a controller on PC to make the ships fly the way you want. I haven't tried. But you can't remap the PC keys to make it fly like, say, Saints Row VTOL or GTA5 helicopters. To make it worse, the ships can't even fucking HOVER. It's a VTOL that can't fucking hover. It sorely needs to be able to hover so you can stop and explore around you without have to land.

Most games take more than 2 hours to just get out of the tutorial. The 2 hour thing is a joke. At least Origin has a 24-hour thing. I hate Origin, but their return policy is totally tits.

Flight needs a complete revamp along with space combat in general

This entire trash game needs a revamp

the space combat is hilariously bad

to win you need to have slots so you can carry enough of a supply of resources that you have to mine so you can recharge your shield.

kek

>fly near atmosphere before pirate warp spawns
>enter edge of atmosphere let fighters fall to AI pathing like idiots
>shoot the fish in a barrel

I haven't used a shielding plate in like 20 hours.

what a great video game

Star fox would've been great combat for this.

The idea of flying with the mouse has always been stupid. I've seen that *option* in other games and always found it incredibly sloppy. You need much more precision.

And this game? With a target reticle? LOL. Targetting = Mouse. Always. When you bind ship controls to the same controls used for targetting, it becomes even more of a disaster. You can't move the reticle without turning your entire ship - sluggishly, at that. Unplayable.

If the mining beam didn't track targets, space battle would be 100% impossible. As it is, it just feels like they're 80% impossible if there's more than 3 ships.

>so you can recharge your shield.

Mid-battle, of course. And there's no hotkey. You have to stop fighting, open your inventory, click your shield, click Zinc, close out the menu, then spend 3 seconds finding the thing is that you were just trying to kill. All of this while the other ships continue to shoot at you.

Any day now...

So many pissed off people replying to his post...I feel bad now guys.

Because all the talk is on other tweets

@hellogames
@NoMansSky
@NoMansSkyGame

No fucking clue what they're doing.

The Hello Games twitter account has just been tweeting about how they've fixed 90% of the crashes...which shouldn't be there in the first place...

Sean's always used his own, it seems, no word from him.

What are your must-have mods?
For me, it's just two
>Fast Actions
>Fast Dialogue

>unique experience
youtu.be/vL05xnwBdBQ?t=8m22s

pardon for poor londo, where are u when sean is kill?

I was sit and play procedure generation

when Veeky Forums ring

"sean is kill"
no

As you said, it's his personal twitter, and the game-related topics are on Hello Games' twitter. Personal is personal, and business is business. If he doesn't want to tell you what funny thing his cat did or what was in his cafe latte this morning, who cares?

There's also no reason he can't put business stuff on his personal twitter, like he did 8/12 - 8/18. His PR people probably made him. Some of us (like myself, 5 tweets in 4 years and about the same number of Facebook posts) don't like social media.

Who else here floating comfy through space?

Okay, then don't respoond to social media related posts you fucking aspie.

I got to play my friend's copy of NMS and I have to say that all of the complaints, regardless of how salty they are, can more or less be justified in full.

The game simply isn't anything like what was promised by Sean himself or, perhaps more importantly, BY THE PREVIEWS. They actually had previews showing all of these great features and Sean was there with his fucking smug ass smile telling everyone how amazing NMS is going to be. Then release day comes around and it's pathetic.

I'm fairly skeptical of the notion being floated around by some of the more aggressively angry people online that this has been a con since day one, but really the fact that Sean hasn't addressed ANY of the community backlash is indicative of knowing that they fucked their players over.

The bottom line is that Hello Games have knowingly lied to their community and their customers. The fact that all of the promotional material, even the trailer on the steam store, uses footage very clearly from a massively different build than the final game is just insulting.

you could just play Space Engine for free and dont have to bother with the repetitive mining/fuel/upgrade gameplay and shitty babby-tier crafting and craptastic inventory management.

not to mention there are no gas giants in NMS and all the planets are closer to each other than the moon to us.

Did you just say that people who prefer not to communicate over a little screen are aspies? Do you even know what autism is? Fucking millennials and your little screens. You sound like console gamers insisting PCs are lame. They know PCs dominate, but they'll fight you to the death about it while knowing they look like idiots. That is how millennials defending their little screens sound. Thinking they sound smart for never leaving their phones at home.

>Sean was there with his fucking smug ass smile

You gotta admit he really does have this punchable face. Who decided to make him the spokesperson? He just looks like a douchebag that needs to be slapped. He could be the nicest guy in the world and I'd still be all like "HOLD ME BACK, BRO!" if I saw him on the street.

>Sean hasn't addressed ANY of the community backlash is indicative of knowing that they fucked their players over.

No, it's not. PR doesn't work this way. They are waiting for more information before giving any statements or saying anything. Players are demanding a lot of answers they don't have. About DLC, the future of the game, what went wrong, etc etc. After they have all the sales figures, bug reports, reviews, PR perception reports, and Sony's feelings about it all, then these things all need to be carefully thought out ... run through the PR machine ... run by a few dev departments to verify accuracy ... run by management for approval ... run through the legal team to make sure they don't get sued ... run through PR again to make sure it's absolutely polite and non-offensive ... run by the dev team again to make sure there's no inadvertent spoilers at future plans or hints at non-existent expectations ... run by Sony and who knows how many other people for approval ... then answered in a carefully worded public letter - not a live interview when something might slip.

That is how PR is done. Look at Trump for an example of what happens when you give answers and knee-jerk reactions.

The fact that he's silent means dick. I don't expect a statement from him or Hello Games for another week at least. Just technical updates.

>they dont have the answer to why there is no multiplayer and no real day/night cycle
hahaahhahahaha stfu

>The fact that he's silent means dick.

But, that's wrong.

>game community information is the same as running for president politics

It's a PR nightmare already, poor reviews, proof of content misrepresentation (lying), player drop rates, etc etc...

Waiting this long is probably the worst thing he can do...A lot of people are really pissed and there no salvaging it.

Guaranteed the first thing that he's going to say is something regarding an update something that has nothing to do with the issues at hand.

>Guaranteed the first thing that he's going to say is something regarding an update something that has nothing to do with the issues at hand.
or he will just say "people misunderstood what the game was about" because he's a fucking pathological liar.

and the drones will eat it up and continue replying to any criticism with "you just dont understand the game"

Oh, bro, if he starts blaming PAYING CUSTOMERS I guarantee his credibility and his attempt at being this sort of chill, misunderstood indie dev will be gone and he'll just look like a royal fucking jack ass douche.

then again, I don't put it past him.

he already did on twitter

also he had spammers writing good reviews on metacritic or some other site and i bet he is propping up steam reviews too

Never buy based on potential.
No matter what potential you think you see never buy a game based on potential.
You buy a game based on what's there, cube world sold millions of dollars worth of potential and look where it is now.

>17k 24hr peak on steam
>800k or less owners on steam
>millions are playing and enjoying it
It's not a big name like GTA or CoD, it never had millions playing it.

>but it still costs as much as AAA game while barely being worth $20

>gog
crashes a fuckton unless you use intel's SDE

He's the second coming of Tiy, he doesn't answer obnoxious, ignorant questions ;)

This thread is so dead it hurts.

this is pretty cool

nomansskymods.com/mods/bigthings/

increases size of plants and trees and stuff

CMLIP TIMLR

imgur.com/a/YmK4E

more pics

are you guys having fun in this game?

thats actually pretty neat

i got bored of it a while ago

You didn't read anything I wrote, obviously.

No, that's exactly how press relations work, especially when it comes to damage control. This isn't exactly secret information. His silence is completely expected. Keep in mind this is a profession, a company. This is not Drew from down the street. They can't just say whatever they want with no repercussions. For example, how many times has Sean had his past quotes from TV interviews thrown in his in the last 48 hours? THAT is why you choose what you say very carefully. They're doing that now. An AAA company never would have made the mistake he did in all those interviews.

It is when millions and millions of dollars are at stake. That's all politics is, millions of dollars being handed out to the winner's friends in forms of no-bid contracts and shit. It's the exact same.

Doesn't matter how long he waits now. Could wait another month. The damage is already done. The fact is no one will remember this shit in a year if they play their cards right. I challenge you to count how many games with this level of publicity you've seen launch without some form of backlash. Happens all the time. Keep it in perspective.

As far as their next course of action, I dunno, but I'd bet money that it will be leaked info that they're already working on several paid DLC before fixing the current game. That is, also, par for the course in big releases. And people will be furious, because they haven't noticed the pattern and can't fathom that they have multiple development teams.

Read this. Player drops that severe are absolutely normal and people are just taking it out of context because they love smear campaigns.
pcgamer.com/concurrent-players-no-mans-sky/

I've had 0 crashes with GoG.

>also he had spammers writing good reviews on metacritic or some other site and i bet he is propping up steam reviews too

You can't make a statement like that without proof. Believe it or not, some people actually like the things you don't like. Not everyone is a shill.

This will blow your mind, but not all games are played through Steam. There are 2 other legitimate retailers of the game, plus all the pirated GoG copies which are perfect rips because their direct downloads from GoG just uploaded to torrents.

the negative steam reviews are from a bunch of people that played 50+ hours BUT ITS SO BAD HOLY SHIT. its not nearly as bad as the hype train is making it out to be. people are sheep. news at 11.