/dag/+/wrpg/ - Dragon Age and Western RPG General #988

Departure Edition

>Games
All Bioware games are welcome
All Obsidian games excluding FONV (PoE, Alpha Protocol, KOTOR 2, etc)
All Troika Games (Vampire the Masquerade, Arcanum, etc)
All Black Isle games excluding FO (Icewind Dale, etc)
Divinity
And More

Previous but not really: News:
>Daddy is gone, he left us for Beamdog
>Gameplay trailer for Obsidian's new RPG Tyranny now out
>New ME trailer, along with new info. Most of the leaked stuff appears to be true
>EA is shutting down the Bioware Social Network forums, excluding The Old Republic forums. Forums close August 26, archives shut down October 25
>Divinity Original Sin 2 is coming next month (IT HAS WAIFUS)

Sales:

Andromeda info: pastebin.com/BiK2KhPw

Dragon Age Shit:
>Check THIS before asking questions:
pastebin.com/NtncZWPf
>DA:O Mods
pastebin.com/n4vGHHHd

>How do I import my save into DA:I?
>dragonagekeep.com
You can use this website to create your own DA World History by bringing over your choices from the previous games. You need an Origin account.

>Where is my Warden?
Fucking dead

>/dag/ (incomplete) Art Archive
dagnaart.imgur.com

>/dag/ booru
dagna.booru.org/index.php

>Help me /dag/+/rpg/, I want to get comfy!
youtube.com/watch?v=I-gnjMemqdE

Friendly reminder that /meg/ is no Western RPG

All five attempts of the previous thread combined should be enough to count up by 1.
G-goob job, man!!

>this long before a new thread was made
I'm gonna be honest, I could've made a new thread, but I wanted to see how long it would take for someone else to do it

Same desu, then I eventually did it because I thought my reminder was good....

I would tend to agree. /meg/ doesn't belong here, even if Mass Effect sort of does

>3 posters
Really putting the user in anonymous

4 now. Making me, Tulpa, the faggot that won't shut up about landwhales, and whoever the 4th is.

I'm The Fourth Man

What's going on? It feels like there's a weird tension everywhere.

I think that a lot of the regulars left during that period where every post was of the "thom's crotch cheese" quality, either because they didn't like those posts, or because they got banned for posting them
I could be wrong though, it just seems like the thread is way more empty than it was just a few weeks ago

I've got a meeting. Don't die.

Well, since you asked nicely...

If I play as a female elf to romance Solas, can I then romance Sera once he leaves?

No

This question disturbs me on several different levels

Why? I absolutely despise playing as a female in RPGs but I heard romancing Solas ties into the story well but if I have to play a female I'd rather romance Sera..

Or should I just say fuck it and play as a male elf and romance neither of them?

There's nothing fundamentally wrong with either of the romances, I just don't like elves in DA, and I think Solas is an asshole

Fair enough. I'm just having a difficult time picking a team for my first play through.. I love all the options but I'm way too OCD for this shit.

Opinions? Should I go with:

(Fe)male Elf Warrior (Reaver)
Sera
Solas

or

Male Qunari Mage (Rift)
Cassandra
Solas
Varric

or

Male Human Rogue (Bow)
Blackwall
Cole
Dorian

Please help.. ;~;

Also I plan to play on nightmare with as many trials as possible on at all times.

I'm not the most knowledgeable on game mechanics, but Qunari have the least extra content of all of the races
You'll also want to switch your party around sometimes, because you might need a specific companion to do some quest, or you want to gain approval with them

I know Qunari get the shit end of the stick, which sucks considering they're my favourite race.

And I'm sure I'll have to use other companions at some point, but for when there's no obligation, those are the party setups I want. I have no interest in using Vivienne, and Iron Bull I definitely want in my time I just can't seem to squeeze him in.

From what I remember, gameplay-wise, Cassandra and Blackwall are both pretty much equally good as tanks. Solas is slightly better than Dorian, and Sera is the best rogue. Bull is really weak in my experience

Keep in mind that if you play as a male, the only good romance option fro heterosexuals is Cassandra

I wish I could be more helpful. Maybe someone else will come on eventually that knows more

There's something off about this one.

>Divinity: OS
>just talked to that Legion commander
>go to the lighthouse, graveyard, etc.
>get utterly wrecked going four different ways (wolves after a stray dog, burning dudes, a wolf spirit from a grave, and some zombies)
Is there some secret I'm missing here? It's not a question of "become proficient", I get immediately killed in one turn.

OS is legitimately quite difficult
Are you exploiting your environment as much as you can? IE using choke points, using lightning in rain, using oil slicks etc?

There's little to "exploit" if one enemy takes out half the health of one character per turn.

Post your party

Make sure you've got 4 people. You can recruit at least 3 of them in that starting village. If you aren't a tank yourself then send the recruited tank to the front first.

>qunari

Dwarf waifus

Get out and take this pizza with you

I don't want your freakin' pizza!

Meredith did nothing wrong.

This. We use two on couch co-op, then use Wolgraff and Madora. You find them in Cyseal in random places and there's several to choose from. Should be a chick in a cage, some guy lingering upstairs in the library above Town Hall, and I can't recall the others.

Shut up and drink this!

I played the game in single player
I imagine the dialogue mechanics can get pretty interesting in co-op

Almost didn't recognize that as Dan Aykroyd

Well, folks.. I just found this while doing orders.
>From Gaming Heads. The Iron Bull is a massive engine of destruction. He stands tall and fearless in the face of monstrous creatures. Gaming Heads is proud to present the Dragon Age: Inquisition - Iron Bull 1/4 Scale Statue, standing about 22 1/2", crafted in polystone resin and painted by artisans to capture him in all of his awesome glory. Sculpted by Kaushik Manna, each statue comes in deluxe full-color packaging, has a hand-numbered base and a Certificate of Authenticity. Limited to 1,000 pieces worldwide only.
>469.99
This expensive of a fucking statue and they chose THAT character.

>22 1/2"
What on earth would you even do with a 22 inch tall figure

Stick a banana on his horns

Hang your broken dreams for DA on it, I guess.

Use his axe thing to butter bread

If I had artistic talent, I'd draw this as a venatori mage holding an ocularum

Oh, and your tears for spending 3 car payments on one of the shittiest characters of the game.
Try it anyway. What could it hurt?

So I went through that entire meeting and then some with my zipper down.

I want to replay this series but Mass Effect has a game coming out sooner so I should probably replay that for Andromeda.

Play both?

>Posters: 11
*D.Va voice* lol

That sounds like it would take too much time and I can only play one series at once.

Maybe swap between them, play ME1, then play Origins?
I've played through the whole ME series at once before, and you get really burnt out by the end

>overmeme

>stop shampooing every day
>start using a blow dryer and making sure my hair is completely dry before I go outside
Feels good /dag/. Less poofy and frizzy, more curly

Well, at least it's a multitasker

>shampooing every day
How

If you have longer hair, use a cleanser instead of shampoo. They don't strip oils out of your hair as much but still clean it somewhat.

Well, first you get in the shower...

Could you imagine the cops coming in after a break-in and seeing the robber in a broken mess on the floor from being maimed to shit with that thing?

Look at the shea moisture line. I use the superfruit shit. It's sulfate free but your hair still feels clean after (and smells more unisex to me). Then do the well-diluted dob of conditioner in it wet while scrunching. Blow dryers can cause frizz and heat damage. Mine's just shy of my waist, but I usually leave the house with it damp.

What hair product does Morrigan use?

So, REALISTICALLY (as in matching your personality IRL):

>Aerie
>Viconia
>Jaheira

Realistically what?

Who would you want a relationshit with, you silly billy?

Continue...

Well, I think I'd get along well with Liara
I kind of doubt she would be interested in me, completely ignoring the space alien stuff

Then you get out once you're finished!

Ugh...

You should try it, it feels good to be clean

I don't like water.

Mixing local herbs from the swamp in with water and boiling up a concoction maybe.

Picking from those three?

Well, yeah, because BGII remains the best to this day.

I mean, unless you want to include the HIGHLY POPULAR "eth eth eth" girl mod.

Oh, I get it now
I want to say Viconia but I'd probably get tired of that relatively quickly

>eth eth eth

B-back the fuck off?

But wasn't the point to pick one that would have fit the best? If you're going to get tired of her quickly, she would suck for you, yeah?

Of those three, she'd fit the best. I mean that I might occasionally want a loving relationship rather than "Male, fetch me something to eat!"

>not wanting to be someone's bitch
Understandable, actually.

Maybe nobody posts because this general actually gets mad if you post video games

Night

all belong in the bin

top pleb

Delete this

kys

>assuming anyone cares about some retard spamming shit everyone has already played

It's ded because bitchy tumblrinas can't stop reporting culture.

Good. I shut down Liara instantly in Me1 and always hated how obsessive she was despite the fact I openly hated her.

you seem rather easily upset

Here's the absolute best I could do, I refuse to work on this any longer.

user, were you working on that for 5 hours?

kek, bretty gud

saved, here is a hayley

>muh hugbox
Truth hurts, huh?

No, I was playing Overwatch for most of that, I just did that in about 30 minutes.

how would it hurt? i've been banned for posting culture as well
being upset enough to complain about it is pinnacle autism

I'm not complaining, I'm just saying the truth about the state of this general.

How to fix /dag/:
>remove all women (mommy can stay)
They don't play video games and hate culture the only thing they contribute is drama.

*How to fix the world

Careful, lad, you'll trigger some whale.

Nah, we still need breeding sows until waifus become real.

It's literally the same as it's always been, I don't see any difference.

You don't need to expunge women broadly, just the defective ones. Unfortunately, they are the loudest ones here and tend to drive everyone else away.

How do we get rid of them?

I don't make such distinctions, they're all obnoxious, unfunny attention whores from what i've seen here.

>mommy can stay
is this a joke because she's our most annoying hambeast

She actually gives people some attention though instead of ignoring everything she doesn't like like certain other cow.

lol i bet you liked colefriend too

Keep telling them what you think of them. Worked for CF and kiki.

She was pretty hot and not a bitchy manhating cunt.