It's bad luck to have a car without a name, user

It's bad luck to have a car without a name, user.

What is your shitbox's name?

Other urls found in this thread:

thethrottle.com/2013/01/21/its-been-too-long-power-plant-tuesday-52-hq-photos/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Nigger faggot mcgee 420

Roxanne
You don't have to put on the red light!

Shelly
Jayme

I name my cars after girls I liked in middle/high school and never talked to.

Maple.

Zaphod. Because why the fuck not?

friends just call it "The Jet"

Cindy
First girl I fell in love with.
God I fucked up there.
Also have Brutus (he's kind of self-explanitory- I know suppose to be girls name, find one for an '85 bronco with a 6" lift on 35's and I'll change it)

>I name my cars after girls I liked in middle/high school and never talked to.

Top kek

Edna?

Or you could be ironic and give it a cutesy name. Real talk you just look like a faggot going for a ride in 'Brutus'

murderfucker

Fuck truck
Danger ranger

I don't think I could explain "Edna" to my bros.
Cindy is constantly referred to correctly- they don't say "how's the mustang running?"
Not going to get into a gm/ford/BMW fight since I said mustang btw- let's stay on topic.
I built race car chassis for Mazda so piss off with your narrow minded brand recognition.

My wife

Fuck off.

stephen dorff

The E-Dirty6
Drive it on a dirt road everyday and rarely wash it.

lol fucking mustang cuck. Try not to hit any crowds on your way down the block, faglord

When I bought it it had a little printed label that said "sassy Cassy" but my dad scratched off the s, y, and c so it read "ass assy". Thus my shitbox was reborn.

Yumi

It's a mustang GT. no explanation given.

Betty, because she's black. I talk to her sometimes. A friend has a car named Veronicar.

Spark.

I have to disconnect the battery every time I finish using it or else it loses all of its charge and doesn't start up next day.

I also have never told anyone this.
She's mine

aww, you mad?
ya, you mad
since you're sitting at home and dont have any chevy fanbois cocks to suck on
suck on my 592hp

Car-y mcCarCar

>needing 8 cylinders to not even break 600hp

just stop embarrassing yourself dude

BTW, old photo- I've been meaning to get a billet pulley instead of that black plastic crap for the supercharger tensioner- I just always forget.
Really throws of the photo.
But more important things I guess. Like patents.
7 years for kordes certification, don't want to talk about it until then.

XXDDDDDD EBIN XDDDDDXDXDD

Guess what I drive
Hint: I named her Alexis
>So original

I can smell the sarcasm on the far side of my 15 acre proving grounds.
I think I can break 675. But the tune was all mine on a twEECer RT- I had to learn a lot about ford efi to get it that far. I just refuse to have anybody work on my car, mechanical, electrical or programing.

Guess what I drive

I named it Big Brother

eg hatch, few simple mods etc...

Crown Vic or Chevy/gm ugly ass SUV (all in black of course).
Since its summer, I say SUV. Cause daddy bought me a car...

>old photo
thethrottle.com/2013/01/21/its-been-too-long-power-plant-tuesday-52-hq-photos/

85 was better.
Nice still,theres a special place in my heart for honda

wrong side of the planet buddy

>the girl at #18

Vlad the impala

k

Omfg
I'm a legend
I'll do a timestamp.
Can I sue these guys?

White privilege.

>OP image is Forrest Gump
>my car's name is Jennifer
Woh

But that's not a bad one though

An easy hint is Nii-san

Sure kid. Go for it.

omfg
am i legend now?
ill do a timestamp right fucking now dude.
cam i sue them?
naw, too cool my shitis out there...

Erika

5 minutes

>I have to disconnect the battery every time I finish using it or else it loses all of its charge and doesn't start up next day.

You should just try tracking down whatever is draining the power. Google various sentences like track down car battery drain or car battery drain or dead battery over night. If those don't help you find a solution, then time for detective fuse work with ammeter.

The next time you disconnect, use an ammeter to measure current flow from the battery. Hmm, so much current is flowing, I hope that a small meter can handle it. Otherwise, it will peg the display or melt the test lead wires if they are cheap tiny chinese ones. Anyways, you'll know if the current is too large the moment you try to measure and is out of range on the meter. Chinese test meters are, well, chinese made, so its risky if you use the Harbor Freight one. It's test leads look like they're only good for 5 amps at most before getting pretty hot.

Anyways, with the battery disconnected, verify that the fuse spaces are marked with the same number as the fuse. Then pull the fuses. Scary the first time huh? Now reconnect the battery and observe the current. Should be low. If high current, then the short is probably not in those fuse circuits (still not guaranteed due to special circumstances but let's assume not for now). The boring part now. With the power disconnected (you simply didn't press the connector to the post), put one fuse back. Now touch the post to the battery. If current still low, then that circuit is not the power eater. Stop touching the connector to the battery post. Add one more fuse. Touch the post again. Repeat to narrow down which fused circuit is doing it.

The reason why you add fuses with the power off is because you don't want to make a sizzling spark when pulling or inserting a fuse. That can damage the fuse block electrical contacts. Always be prudent. I hope I told you enough prudent warnings.....

>verify that the fuse spaces are marked with the same number as the fuse. Then pull the fuses.

*continued*
Before pulling fuses, verify that empty spaces dont have connectors that might fool you into putting a fuse into them.

Take pictures of the fuse block so that all fuses are clearly visible and that empty spaces are clearly visible. That way you know if you replaced the fuses in the right spots so that previously empty spaces remain empty.

Save a copy of that picture to your PC. You never know if suddenly Forrest shows up and steps on your cellphone by mistake and gets rid of your picture. Now you don't have anything to look at as a guide. Well, at least you can eat chocolates now. Life is like a fusebox. You never know which fuse to put into which space.

Good Luck

I was kind of pissed, didn't know my pic had made it anywhere.
Now I'm kind of honored, even though no body knows what this car looks lime (a good thing I guess)

I know its dirty, like I said, patents in other shit and all.
BTW, that's Cindy.
Brutus is still waiting for a name change (oh fuck, now he's a transgender)

>getting pissed about a picture being used somewhere else
>upload another one
Are you 12?

That's a pretty comprehensive list, man. Thanks!

I didn't think about it much, since the car's like 20 years old, but my grandfather who's a mechanic said it was probably the ECU draining all the power. It doesn't really drain overnight, it drains in like two days if left alone.

At least I know it's not the alternator because I spent my first few months with it turning it on for 5 minutes to charge the battery every day. Eventually I got tired and just started disconnecting the battery for days until I used it again. Will disconnecting the battery so often fuck up something electrical?

holy shit, le cringe

>his car is named bluebird

The Cressi
Suu

Yeah.

No I'm someone who builds shit that other people want to post about apparently.
What have you done?
BTW I built 200+ formula Mazda chassis', not a single death on track during my watch.
So piss off casual.

BTW, I'm an old school trip named ford fanatic.

>omg I'm pissed about fair use on the internet
>I'm gonna sue
>whaaa
Nobody professional acts like this, you're not fooling anyone.

It's worse luck to believe in stupid superstitions

I call mine The Truck..and The Car

If I call it anything I call it hamster

I really hope you are joking, I really really hope that was sarcastic

What's the joke behind this?

>that grey one with the spoiler
lost

The Boxsturd, or Turd for short

Pugger, short for P(issch)ugger. I don't like my car.

>What is copyright?

It was said in a sarcastic tone- apparently you haven't read this thread.
And theres a difference between the race cars I built for a living and my own personal vehicles.
Still pretty cool though.
But I prefer to be a sleeper ( is 30% tint on the windshield, no chrome, NASCAR pipes and smoked lamps still a sleeper?)

Awww, no more shit posters after facts get posted.
For everybody reading- remember that theres some amazing people that post here. Some very talented individuals have graced these pages (piston).
Still waiting for something better than Brutus..

Actually pretty funny.

Dingo because it's an Outback and I like dingos

I know Veeky Forums has gone to shit.
>post 592hp oc
>pics of engine used on other sites.
>post current timestamp of engine installed 5 years later
Replys SHOULD be :
>Hey man, what can you running?
>Hey man, what did you do for oil starvation on sbf?
Instead its:
>lol not your motor
>lol why you whining about other people useing a pic in 2016
Does anybody do anything other than put gas in their moms car on the way to jiffy lube for service?

I think if the guy wasn't already so far up his own ass with bullshit then that may be the replies he'd get.

Volvochan

This. Don't get offended when nobody cares about your talents or what you have when one post is genuine and the other six are just angsty shitposting.

Post your oc

>we will never have good o threads
>people will never give good advice and suggestions on building a car , whether FR FF MR RR or MAWD FAWD RAWD with minima criticism

Cars were supposed to be fun

The car has no name.

Post you're linking isn't about showboating.
I'm not sitting here like "look at me!!!"
I was shocked to be called out for something I have.
The posts came easily when it was "lol not yours"
When it should have been " shaft mount rockers or girdle?"
My point is that Veeky Forums isn't people who are into cars, now its just car drivers...
>"Should my mom buy me a civic or an accord?"

The 1997 Explorer was the "Exploder"

2002 Cavalier was the "Heavy Chavalier"

My Escape doesn't have a name. Doesn't really deserve it because newer cars have no soul. I have been on Veeky Forums too long and need an early 90s Geo

'99 Miata is named Mabu
'06 Hyundai Elantra is the pregnant jellybean

If you ever own a 65-79 f-series save this pic and build accordingly.
Radius arms are 65/66 extended.
Oc again

Doubles names my corolla when i pick it up Monday

It's about you getting offended, on Veeky Forums of all places, when someone doesn't kiss your ass. I just skimmed the thread and if it's you replying to the shitposting, then you're just as bad. You can claim it's sarcasm or memeing, whatever you want, but you're part of the problem. Acting like you're better than someone for building an engine and bragging about it will not get the replies you want.

Shithawk

Checked

nice

I do post my OC, quite often actually. I just try to not make it all about how awesome I am.

I was pissed for being called a liar, no shit.
I built about 200 of pic related also.
I guess I'm just an honest person and people get under my skin easily. This board used to be very different.
A lot of very knowledgeable people who shared their craft. Even after 25 years doing customs, I still learned new stuff here.
So I get pissed when ankle biters come in and turn this board into some after school "nuh uh, she did it not me" day care crap.

Naming your car is cringeworthy to the maximum degree.

Get convertible motor mounts.
Before you finish exhaust.

Do you agree FWD is always bad and can't compete

740 Volvo was the bermudan brick, anything that fell on the rear seats just fucking vanished.
W123 300D was named massenmord.
E32 730 was named Erika after the German marching song.
E34 520 was pudding.
E32 750 is Bismarck, usually call her Bisko or Biscuit.

Deborah
Previous Del Sol was DELilah.

i once dated a girl named deborah.

she was a freaky slut

Spoidah

my jetta was the douchemobile or the autism car, then it was the KKKia

I call my Volvo "panzer train".