2017 WRX

Just purchased a 2017 WRX. How'd I do Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=N7UX-qcvpKA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>"it's an automatic"

blog posts get hidden

>"i purchased a wrx"

It's actually standard nigger

>subaru

>and here is my WRX parked in my parents' driveway where I still live

10/10

enjoy your carfu, user

So mean

Nice turbo Camry.

I love subaru's but I got to say, that looks a little bit like a Toyota Camry.

>2017
How's the future?

dude that better now be an automatic?
what's the point of an fun car if it's an auto?
Operating a manual is a good percentage of the fun and involvement to be had from a sports car.

hey nothing wrong with living with you parents. I make $70k+bonus annually and I am saving mad $$$$ while blowing the rest on car parts and eating for free every night. Enjoy living at the edge of your income for the rest of your life you fugging orphan kek

That looks a lot like a Camry. Did the japs all hire the same designer this year?

Great car user. I was actually looking forward to buy it the next month. Enjoy.

why does it look like there is a huge dent behind the rear door?

no hatchback, no care

it it just me or has Subaru been making a lot of missteps lately?

Great choice OP, Veeky Forums just doesn't understand

>automatic WRX
No such thing. Subaru knows their market well and the WRX is boyracer bait. The listed auto option for the WRX and STi is there as a big inside joke.

It has a CVT.

Nigger I work at Subaru the WRX has a Cvt option

They are actually shipping already. Co worker sold one to a customer last week.

So wrx fags, do you admit the car looks like something a mother would drive her kids in?

No it doesn't. Now kindly fuck off

Why didn't you get the "premium" trim? Cooler wheels, sun/moon roof, trunk lid spoiler, foglights and it only cost ~2k more.

Pretty nice OP, just don't try and race any Camry's in it...

fucking rekt
+1

not him but i hate sunroofs and prefer sporty cloth seats, nothing wrong with base trims if there is no higher performance one (notSTI)

Fuck what everyone is saying, you purchased a fantastic car. 10/10

Watch out for that oversteer, OP.

Oh, and watch out for that understeer too.

Samefag

>Poobaru
>AWD
>looks like an edgy Camry with a hood scoop
KEK! You can't be like TAKUMI in that, you fucking loser!

At least you didn't buy the STI. For ~$26k base it is hard to beat the WRX. Just stay out of the higher trims and it is a good deal for all you are getting.

youtube.com/watch?v=N7UX-qcvpKA
yeah you can be even better

Welcome to the club!

Nice car user. Most anons are here are jealous because they drive 90s miatas and are genuinely envious of all nice new cars

I bet grills really love it when they are worried about not waking up your parents.

>imblyign you pick up grills

>bragging about living with your parents as a grown-ass man
I've seen it all.

i could care less, sorry.

i mean if you take perfect care of it, mod it tastefully and give it some character maybe id pay some attention to it but right now it just looks like a scared shark sniffing an asshole..desu.

>could care less

You're on Veeky Forums.

None of us have girlfriends.

I'm seriously considering getting one of these in the next few weeks. Base 6 speed is probably the best driver's car for the money.

BRZ and Fiesta ST are fun but have no power. Mustang Ecoboost w/ performance pack is a good option, but heavier, more expensive, and slightly worse performance in just about every metric.

STI is $9k more for a marginally better car that's actually worse in certain respects. You're mainly paying for the name.

I could afford something twice this price, but I want something I can take to the track and push to its limits without being too worried about wrecking it.

That's a 2015 don't bullshit me

That WRX looks like something your typical New England middle-aged woman with a short lesbian haircut would drive. No wonder poobaru fuccbois put mudflaps, roof racks, and other bullshit on them.

>BRZ and Fiesta ST are fun but have no power
only the brz has no power.

I like it

> spending $1000/month to tell yourself that you're finally going to get laid

kek

There is literally nothing wrong with looking like a Camry.

>being so insecure you care about this
What do you guys drive, anyway? Foxbodies? Turdgens? Trucks? Genuinely curious here.

>BRZ is 200hp
>FiST is 197hp
both have no power

I don't know why people bitch about the styling of this thing so much. It's not a great looking car by any means, but it's not ugly by any means and certainly looks more aggressive than a Camry.

BMW Ms look even more like Camrys and cost 4x as much as the WRX and I don't hear the same level of whining.

And the Japs can't into auto design. Just look at the BRZ, GTR, LFA, etc. Best they stick with conservative designs like the WRX.

To be fair, the Fiesta has +60 peak lb ft torque. But somehow it's slower to 60.

i wouldnt know honestly.
i have smashed a focus st and the brz and wrx and wrx sti.
i like the focus and sti. i hate the brz

How is it so far, OP? I'm literally picking up mine tomorrow.

You are in denial if you think a fucking M BMW looks like a camry or as boring as the WRX.

Just admit it, this gen of WRX is the worst, aesthetically speaking. Notice how you didn't post a picture of the rear. (the front looks nice honestly, because they copied their rival) but it's that damned rear and overall shape that makes it look ordinary. Obviously still one of the best cars you can buy new.

Why do Subies have the hood scoop? Is it functional?

top mounted intercooler

he probably means the na ones

Oh ok

It was just in general really. I noticed the "sporty" models have scoops but didn't know why.

yeah they are functional. i work at subaru i can vouch for them

>he probably means the na ones

So do I.

>it's that damned rear and overall shape that makes it look ordinary

You mean like this?