Is this good or overrated ?

Is this good or overrated ?

MX-5 is never overrated

Unless you are Chris Harris

Its gay, look at the front. No real man would drive that. deal with it

it's better as Fiat 124

>Fiat 124
now that's the overrated one

Everyone thinks because it's turboned that they will only have to spend $600 for a tune and make 220hp. It cracks me up.
But the LS1 $500 and an afternoon started out as a serious post too.

Roadsters are the pinnacle of automotive enjoyment.

nah man that's black ice.

good

miata is the best sports car 2bh

For that money you can get the same unit on the abarth punto/500 making 230hp, so why wouldn't it be possible on the 124?

Overrated
MX-5 has ruined this board, and the automotive community in general

I dunno, what do you want the car to do?

corolla driver detected

here we go....
why is is always the miata people that do this

Why buy a Miata when you can get a Boxster? Serious question.

Here's the thing - the engine is already being used in the fiat 500. And it's already been tuned to 220hp.
so yeah, it's pretty much a fact

m96 a shit

Cause the Miata costs a lot less?

Not overrated, but too expensive.

>i keep seeing people say this but im not going to click on any of the links or do a little bit of research myself so i'll just call it all bullshit
Veeky Forums

It's lighter, faster, and more fuel efficient than the previous model while reportedly being more fun to drive. Sounds good to me.

Miata:
>slow
>ugly
>girl/hairdresser car
>built by manlets for manlets
>slower than an old civic
>weeb-mobile

Fiat 124
>turbocharged, so you know it's fast
>cool looking headlights
>not a girl car, suitable for anyone regardless of their profession
>yuropean so they aren't manlets & they built the car so somebody taller than 5'4" can ride comfortably
>didn't get beat by an old civic

please explain how the miata is the better car. Don't worry, I'll wait.

> a lighter car with more power is faster

lol rly?

>ching chong ping pong

>wanting an europoor engine

fix it again tony

>"Miatas are good cars" user said
>"FF can't compete" user said
>"t-t-t-the miata lost because the civic weighs less!"
nice mental gymnastics

Probably not.

NA miatas are overrated as can be. They handle well, but if you want to get past entry-level, you have to blow upwards of 3 grand to make 160-180 reliable horsepower; not including the rear end & clutch upgrade you'll need. granted, by then you'll be smoking anything short of exotics, but at the end of the day, you spent nearly 8-10 grand to get to that point and you're still in a noodle chassis miata hardly fit for daily driving.

overrated as can be senpai

>buttmad

>facebookie meme

its summer right?

>can't give a good argument
>"I'm just going to tell him to go back to Facebook!"

>it's summer right?"
>his year, the astronomical summer begins on 20 June 2016 and ends on 22 September 2016. The astronomical calendar determines the seasons due to the 23.5 degree tilt of the Earth's rotational axis in relation to its orbit around the sun. Both equinoxes and solstices are related to the Earth's orbit around the sun.
why are miata owners such fucking retards? No it is not summer yet you faggot

and for the record I just googled "miata hairdresser" and that was the second image to come up.

>tfw girls thinks that you are as cute as your car

Do you think that just maybe you're replying to multiple people? For the record, no one ITT has brought up FF vs FR. Oh wait, except for you. Maybe you're the butthurt one?

And if you're expecting a stock Miata to be fast in a straight line, well...

> being this mad

Show me on the doll where the Miata hurt you

I daily an NA Miata. It's both overrated and underrated. I'm probably going to be selling mine but I also love it.

Ask me anything I guess.

Cost of maintenance/initial investment severely differ

Daily reminder that you can take your shitbox NA and turn it into a perfectly capable, comfortable daily driver by adding a FM frame brace, sound insulating the rear deck, wheelwells, & trunk, and installing a small amp with marine rated speakers.

tl;dr I don't arguee with summerfags

These threads usually go to shit pretty fast.

Miatas, like many cars, can be made to go as fast as you can afford to spend on them. Unlike other cars (Nissan S-bodies come to mind), they're also stupidly fun to drive bone stock. I dailied my NA for two years, 99% stock, before going with forced induction and other goodies. I'm not sure which version I enjoyed more.

Yeah cute but they won't fug ya

Overgood

>mad that his new miata is slower than a 20 year old civic
>"p-p-pls leave"

That's not even the new Miata. For the record though, the ND MX5 is actually faster than that CTR to 60.

is that in colonial williamsburg?
Looks familiar.

I have a mx5 NC, fugged 3 girls because of the car

I'd say that's pretty fucking inaccurate.

I just recently bought an MX-5 (A mazdaspeed), after I drove along with a friend in his NB2 on back roads. Now, we get roughly 3/4 of us with MX-5s together each weekend and drive the back roads.

Meanwhile, every lifted diesel in town is meeting at a gas station/a parking lot in the center of town where they do absolutely nothing car related but talk shit to people with cars.

The other half of the people own shitboxes with very shit enhancements like junkyard turbo setups, etc.

I like to respect anyone who enjoys their car and puts work into it, but recently, the faggotry that encircles owning a lifted diesel truck is just overwhelming. I mean, if you're gonna chill in a parking lot at a car meet, why not do something car related rather than talk shit and try to fight people. Go out and off road or drive and actually enjoy the presence of people who share your hobby.

On another note, I've had a few of them talk shit about my MSM within hearing distance. I choose to ignore it. I own a fair share of mostly brand new vehicles and very capable Jeeps, so some faggot in a 90's Cummins is welcome to shit talk my weekend driver while I'm out doing hecktic skids on some back roads.

lol beta cuck

lel ok I own a built Z06 and I was gonna add that the same fag that talked shit about my MSM also complemented my Z06. He didn't realize he'd met me before.

>someone talks shit
>you don't hit
Beta af

nah dude, I CC a KP95, but I'm not trying to approach a very unpredictable and mostly drunk crowd with cops lurking nearby to threaten someone.

The thing I think most MX-5 people get shit for is thinking their car is faster than it is. I'll gladly admit you have a faster car or whatever it is your adamant on proving yourself with. At the end of the day, I have a 750WHP Vette that nobody knows about.

I drive the MX-5 to have fun on to twisty roads. Your welcome to have an opinion on that. It is irrelevant to me.

who hurt you?

When are you going to learn some common sense and strike your fellow man when he gibes.
only use gun when you start losing you massive pussy.

Miata owners are obnoxious, it's always a miata owner who brags about RWD. Quit it user. Miatas ruined car enthusiasm by removing all personality of the driver and everyone just saying "BUY MIATA THE INTERNET SAYS MIATA IS BEST" and promoting this awful "RWD IS BETTER" opinion that continues to permeate throughout the millennial generation.

It's not personal, you're just ANOTHER Miata douche.

>losing your temper and going to jail over some 10 second dispute from a heroin junkie in a diesel truck talking shit

now THAT is beta

>now THAT is beta
lol no it's not, being scared of jail is betamax.

>heroin junkie
>owns a truck
>owns anything
You don't know heroin addicts.

All of the heroin addicts I know literally drive shitty old HD trucks, some are diesel and they all work in manual labor.

It's not a matter of being afraid of jail, rather than an alpha knows that spending any time in jail is a waste of time you moronic fuck.

>hurer durr i have to protect my honor from anyone who says mean things to me >;(

The real alpha turns the other cheek instead of resorting to violence, you have a lot to learn little omega friend.

>All of the heroin addicts I know literally drive shitty old HD trucks,
You don't know heroin addicts.

>rather than an alpha knows that spending any time in jail is a waste of time you moronic fuck.
lol nah

>The real alpha turns the other cheek instead of resorting to violence
lol no the fuck they don't.

talk shit to anyone in a prison and see what they do.
See if they "turn the other cheek"

Don't you have a welfare check or EBT to be spending somewhere, you fucking worthless leech of society?

Disability*

Anyway just having some banter m8 no need to be in a huff.

your comparing prison to the outside world. Sure is edgy in here. I'm sure when Daniel shits on you in your junior year of high school for wearing red croc's that you wildly turn ape man and kill him.

I have a wife and a family to provide for, amongst other things I'm working to achieve so I'm not a door mat at mummy and daddy's house and taking up their driveway with "ohhhhh muh truck so big and bad and loud and lol fat gurls can't climb"!!!

oh yeah, I already have a criminal record and I've been to jail twice, so there is always the fact I'm trying to keep it cool so I don't degrade myself to common alley trash like I was before.

The ultimate meme car. Something like a Focus RS or Golf GTI costs around the same and smokes the Miata in all performance metrics.

>part of society that needs daddy gubmint to take care of them and provide for them because they couldn't do it themselves
>basically being oversized manchildren who don't have a modicum of self control if their world depended on it (and it did)

People in prison are about as beta as it gets.

>itt people who have never been to jail or prison.

Unless your chimp ass is in max for robbing the 7-11 at gun point twice in one day, you really don't see all that much aggression.

It isn't scary being in jail. What is scary is the idea that something is on your name for the rest of your life until your bones turn to dirt just because you decided to whop Travis upside the head with a backhand in front of 11 of his own friends as witnesses and a cop a block away waiting for people to start pulling mustang games on the main roads.

>hp is the only thing that matters!

Typical Veeky Forums retardation.

>I've been to jail twice
literal scum

lol I remember when I thought my Si was a god car. Now I hit 10 more WHP than the Si had at crank just from having an FM Intake and exhaust. I also used to think RWD was just a meme.

FWD isn't bad, don't get me wrong, I own plenty of FWD cars and have enjoyed them. Stock for stock, you'll have more fun with a Miata of almost any type than any of those cars, except maybe a Focus RS, which has a massive price difference.

>Now I hit 10 more WHP
cute

I remember sheering bolts on my flywheel from tripling horsepower.

>Stock for stock, you'll have more fun with a Miata
Nothing fun about people laughing at your car at red lights, or getting passed by literally anything on the freeway

I drove one of those for the first time yesterday and its the most fun I've ever had in a car.

wait til you get a blow job in one.

nobody wants a guy to suck their dick.

>caring what other people think
sure is insecure in here